#49 Aren’t I good enough?

MoonSticks #49 Aren't I good enough? featuring the Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter, Usagi/Sailor Moon and the Moonlight Knight

Hi! I'm Chibi Jen and I've been making cute and fun Sailor Moon comic strips since 2009. If you enjoy my comics, please consider tipping to show your appreciation. Thanks for the support ❤

[[Seiya is kneeling on the ground in front of Usagi, with his hands on her shoulders]]
Narrator: Seiya could no longer hold back his feelings… so he leaned in and said those words:
Seiya: Odango…Aren’t I good enough?

Usagi (thinks): He.. He..loves me? What should I do?
{{B-BMP B-BMP}}

Moonlight Knight: Back off, she’s taken!
[[Moonlight Knight appears and punches Seiya's face]]
Seiya: Argh!
Usagi: Seiya!!

Narrator: 5 minutes later…
[[Seiya is still waiting for her response]]
Seiya: …
Usagi (thinking): Wait. That was just my imagination.

206 Responses to “#49 Aren’t I good enough?”

1. sailormewmew July 18, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

if you say seiya and usagi then no chibiusa but in the English dub her voice is soo annoying yes seiya and rabbit (usagi) do make a nice couple but mamoru gave rabbit a promise ring no getting out of that easily! and i like the fact moonlight,knight came to the rescue! lol great comics by the way!

• Chibi Jennifer July 19, 2013 at 9:42 am #

Thanks :)

• SingingViolence July 17, 2015 at 8:18 am #

We need Rini…. we need her…

2. Angie January 14, 2013 at 10:39 am #

I like darian better than seiya he’s a man lady

Uh……it’s true don’t dislike this if u like seiya better

• Sailor Silver March 2, 2013 at 9:57 am #

yeah those two are destined to be together
      but i like thinking of usagi and seiya together just for fun, they are kinda like great friends mostly
      though i sometimes feel that darien doesnt have much feelings for her than seiya

• Akira July 15, 2013 at 7:44 am #

Reading the Manga really made me feel more about Mamoru and Usagi

SPOILER!!!!!!

she kills herself for him TWICE!
        and when they said they were born for each other I dont know but it was too cute

• sailor galifrey March 15, 2015 at 8:55 am #

i agree i watch this episode and when he said that (when something like this happens i atomaticly think people will start kissing)so i started yelling “don’t kiss him usagi he has boobs ! he has boobs !” i’m not agenst lesben or anything i just hated there romace and that was all i could think of saying.then my mom made me turn off the tv

• SingingViolence July 17, 2015 at 8:25 am #

“he has boobs” LOL

3. Ribbonedandkissed January 14, 2013 at 8:42 am #

Oh how this scene brings me back to my happy place :3 I loved it and now it’s humorous :D I honestly thought something like that was going to happen when i first saw this scene.

4. Amanda October 26, 2012 at 6:09 am #

Hi! For some reason, numbers 39-48 aren’t showing :( Your comics are HILARIOUS by the way. I love them so much. You’re a genius XD

• Chibi Jennifer October 30, 2012 at 9:20 am #

hmmm that’s strange! It seems to be working fine for me D: Are you still having the same problem?

5. Sofyflora98 October 6, 2012 at 1:35 am #

I just prefer Seiya than Mamoru!
    I love this “infamou scene” too!!!

6. Gilian Mendoza August 27, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

ugh here goes seiya i hate him what’s ment to is mamoru and usagi no any other else im going to kill you if you like seiya, a hero who is wearing a girl suite whenever fighting with villains. while usagi is having mamoru,a hot guy who always save’s usagi wearing a tuxedo a cape and a mask who throws red beautiful roses and my crush who is better than seiya

• Sailor_Haruka September 25, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

I think you have forgotten that the Anime messed it up compared to the manga. In the manga the Starlights were females the dressed as males. The anime messed that up (a major reason on why it will never be dubbed and broadcast in America -_-;;) and turned them into guys that turned into females when transformed into senshi. Personally, yes Mamo-baka was good at saving Usagi’s tush when she got in too deep, but I think Seiya / Sailor Star Fighter would have been a better match for Usagi, because she (I say she because I prefer the manga Starlights) actually showed more feelings for the blonde moon princess in one season than Mamo-baka did through the entire series…

• Chibi Jennifer September 25, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Now now, be nice~ there’s no reason to throw hate around to those who have a different opinion. Some like Mamoru, some prefer Seiya.

• MekakusenshiXX May 17, 2014 at 9:53 pm #

Yes. I think the differences between the Manga to Japanese dub to English dub generates a lot of disagreements, but everyone has their own opinion. There’s no need for hate.

7. Marianna June 23, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

Oh god this is too funny!!! But the scene in the anime ALWAYS makes me cry! I love Seiya and honestly in my opinion Usagi would have been much better with Seiya than Mamoru.

• Sailor_Haruka September 25, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

I agree, I was crying when I saw this scene as well. I personally like Seiya for a match with Usagi more so than Mamo-baka, who never showed much of his love that everyone brags he had for his Usako… -_-;;

• SingingViolence July 17, 2015 at 8:29 am #

I respect your opinion, but my OTP will always be Kakyuu x Seiya I’M OUT HATERS ARE COMING AFTER ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. yulina February 7, 2012 at 7:54 am #

Are you sure she understands something?
    I think she still thinks he’s just a friend…

• Mew March 25, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

She definitely understands. Otherwise she wouldn’t look so sad as she turns away from his kiss. She plays dumb, but to me it seems pretty obvious that she figures it out at some point.

• Chibi Jennifer September 25, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

Yeah I think she plays dumb too… Usagi is innocent and naive, but she’s not dumb. I think she does understand that Seiya saw her as much more than a friend. Seiya went beyond the boundaries of a normal friendship..

• SingingViolence July 17, 2015 at 8:31 am #

Yah like in the ‘date’ episode (Jeez Pokémon must have based off Serena off Seiya…..) she was worried he was going to kiss her, and totally freaked because she had Mamo-sama!

9. Sailor Jeanie June 27, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

yea, i did notice that after he told her she just stared at him for 20-30 seconds XD

10. Nnako2 April 22, 2011 at 9:36 am #

Is that scene infamous??
    I love it and it makes me cry every time
    I loved Seiya but I understand Usagi too…

• Chibi Jennifer May 26, 2011 at 9:47 am #

We love this scene because it’s really a climax in their relationship where Seiya finally confesses his feelings for her. Any fan of this couple would love it (myself included) :)

• fionium March 25, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

it’s a lovely scene… seiya didn’t say ‘I want to be with you, Usagi’ or ‘i love you’, really because he cares for her feelings first… or maybe afraid to push her away. Its a humble way to express his love

11. SailorEuropa April 18, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Awesome! I’m loving these! I only started reading them yesterday but I just can’t stop reading more! Great job! Please can u do some more Haruka/Michiru comics because that’s my favourite pairing!

Sailor Europa/Harumi

12. Iikku13 April 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

Tuxedo and a goofy hat or black leather bikini?…Bikini hell yeah!!!

13. EternalSailorMoon March 26, 2011 at 8:23 am #

that scene made me cry, only because usagi was crying. it was so sad that she thought it was tuxedo mask because of the rose!! and nothing against seiya put id choose mamo-chan over some damn tranvestite anyday.

• FireFlames March 27, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

lol
      ur very good at comics!!!
      and wow….i didnt know y so many guys love usagi/serena coz shes not smart but nice heart

• MekakusenshiXX May 18, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Everyone keeps saying they cried at this… I feel terrible. The one and only time I cried in this anime was when Zoisite died.
      But I guess I’m just like that.
      I LOVE Doctor Who and the only time I have cried in that is in ‘Last of the Timelords’ when the Master dies.
      Ah god. Why do I love fictional villains so much?

Speaking of Doctor Who, Pluto’s birthday is the same as Matt Smith’s. Haha. They’re both time peoples.

This comment was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, wasn’t it.

• Chibi Jennifer May 19, 2014 at 9:52 am #

I cried when Nephrite died. I didn’t think Zoisites death was sad at all.. ^__^””

• MekakusenshiXX May 24, 2014 at 2:40 pm #

After Nephrite died I didn’t cry, but I hated Zoisite for A WHOLE DAY.(*fake gasp*)
          But yeah, I’m just… I’m just me.

Just me.

14. sailor shooting star March 24, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

lol this one is funny.

If only they could be together:,(

unfortunately she was destined to be with Mamoru

15. cuteusagimina March 20, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

maybe the inners should come and say,”usagi,don’t with seiya! just go with mamoru san!” and,why moonlight knight’s mouth cover is in front of his eyes? wtf.

• Chibi Jennifer May 26, 2011 at 9:49 am #

hhaa no, the mouth cover is over his mouth… but I can see how you think it’s on the eyes since I didn’t draw the pupils in!

16. Sailor Mercury Fan March 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

CAN YOU MAKE MORE SAILOR MERCURY CARTOONS?PLEASE?BECAUSE THERE’S ONLY LIKE 2 CARTOONS!BUT OTHER WISE,AWSOME!!!!!!

17. Rena February 24, 2011 at 5:17 am #

WOW this is so great I love it so much!!!!! *bursts out into laughter* Buhahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!

18. VaLeRy :D February 18, 2011 at 11:00 am #

i prefer a million times mamoru because he is so hot when he’s tuxedo and he is COMPLETELY a man.

and seiya……you know…..a what im refering…….

and i want that chibiusa exist , so…

i don’t saiying that i hate seiya , he’s hot and all you want but i want to see the couple of chbiusa and helios , and if usagi go with seiya and he left mamoru , my dream will not become true

19. Asynca January 25, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

YAY USAGI DITCHED THE WRINKLY TUX, SO SEIYA AND USAGI LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER TRYING CONSTANTLY TO CONCEIVE CHILDREN AND NEVER FIGURING OUT WHY IT WASN’T WORKING! SO CHIBIUSA NEVER EXISTED AFTER ALL AND DISAPPEARED FROM ALL SEASONS SHE APPEARED IN!

…wait, that was just my imagination.

20. Daenerys December 14, 2010 at 12:51 am #

This scene just breaks my heart whenever I think of it… They should’ve ended up together. :(

• Sailor Shadow January 5, 2011 at 3:22 am #

I totally agree seiya 4ever

• SeiyaUsagiFan April 7, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

I agree with you too…I really hope that the tables where turned and that somehow Usagi Realized that she is already falling for Seiya and she also realized later that it was Seiya that she wants to end up with and probably Mamuro Chiba did not returned and that he just died at the end of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars and realizing that Mamuro is already gone Seiya would not have went back to their home planet and just stayed on Earth be with Usagi…

…Ohhhh Wait it was just a wishful thinking…