#27 Are you the Moon Princess?

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #27 Are you the Moon Princess? featuring Sailor Venus/Minako Aino, Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino, Sailor Mars/Rei Hino and Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno

Narrator: Sailor Venus makes her grand appearance.
Sailor Moon (thinking): Wow…Sailor Venus is so cool…
Sailor Moon: Could you be..the Moon Princess we’ve been looking for?

Narrator: 10 seconds later, after a dramatic pause..
Sailor Venus: Nope! I may have the moon behind me, but I’m just a Sailor Solider, like the rest of you!

[[Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars listen on]]
Sailor Venus: Besides, if I was the Moon Princess, I wouldn’t be called Sailor Venus – I’d be called Sailor..M-

Sailor Venus: Mmm….Actually I’m not quite sure! AHAHAHAHA
Sailor Moon: ?
Sailor Jupiter (thinking): Woah..her image kinda changed.
Sailor Mars: *sweat drop*
Narrator: And so the search for the Moon Princess continues…

167 Responses to “#27 Are you the Moon Princess?”

1. pikachu jigglypuff June 28, 2014 at 11:59 am #

They are so dumb! Honestly, only Ami seems to get it.

2. Nikki May 4, 2013 at 11:06 am #

I kinda wish the anime would’ve sticked to the manga. In the manga, Sailor Venus made her appearance as the Moon Princess to train/protect who the real princess was. (She doesn’t know that Usagi is the princess)

3. fireflames May 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

Sailor Moon: r u the moon princess we’ve been looking for?
    Sailor V: NO WAY! if i was i’ll be called Sailor MMmmmaa– wait was it MMee– or no no MMmmoo
    Everyone: HUH?
    Sailor Moon: Well, I think it’s Ami
    Sailor Mars:*whispers* at least is not Usagi
    Sailor Moon: I HEARD THAT! and HEY it could happen
    Sailor Moon and Mars continue to fight
    Sailor V: is it always like this?
    Everyone else: yup

:P
    OMG Rei/Sailor Mars, it’s Usagi after all!
    i don’t hate Rei/Mars

4. Sailor Phobos-Deimos January 23, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Wonder who it is…??????

• Livvi March 24, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

YUP sure do wonder!…

5. MrJTCarioca November 27, 2011 at 9:42 am #

I think this is my favorite! HAHAHA xD

6. fireflames April 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

wat a classic :D
    Sailor…..MMars or Sailor …..MMoon?

• Mina-P December 12, 2011 at 10:56 am #

What about Sailor…..MMercury?

7. Jordan March 12, 2011 at 11:12 am #

“Are you the moon princess, Sailor VENUS?” “I don’t know, Sailor MOON!” Hehe..

• Sailor Phobos-Deimos January 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

Ummm, why would they think that the MOON princess is Sailor VENUS?
      Uh, moshi moshi? Anyone in there?

• Well, April 26, 2013 at 11:57 am #

Well, in the manga, Venus had a crescent mark (the mark of the Moon Kingdom) on her forehead. This was a fake though, as Venus was a decoy for the real princess, Sailor Moon.

In the anime, they pretty much began asking everyone that looked remotely regal if they were the Moon Princess, for example, Princess D.

8. VaLeRy :D February 20, 2011 at 7:48 am #

Think , how they don’t know that sailor moon is princess serenity??

Queen Serenity said to Luna and Artemis that only the moon princess can use the moon stick ,and sailor moon is the only that can use the moon stick , so isn’t that obious???

how stupid are luna and the other senshis

but the comic is cool!!! continue like that

• mstarlight May 15, 2011 at 11:55 am #

I know right, they are so dumb! It’s like when are you going to relise?

• princesscrystal August 14, 2012 at 1:20 am #

Actually in the manga only Venus and Artemis had memories about the silver millennium. Venus knew sailor moon was actually princess serenity but since no one else remembered she pretended to be her to keep the princess safe. They eventually get their memories back.

But the anime could have done so much better in being more elusive about who the princess was. I mean even in the opening theme song they show Serena as the princess. That annoyed me so much. But anyway in the anime version none of them have their memories really so they didn’t know that there was no sailor moon in the silver millennium. So they had no reason to try and put the two together as one.

9. Iikku13 December 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm #

I love your hair antennas!!!

10. Celestial December 3, 2010 at 2:35 pm #

I always hated how everyone thought Minako was the moon princess when it was obivous Usagi was. 1, she looks exactly like princess serenity, and 2, she’s the only one who didn’t exist in silver millennium which should have been enough proof she was the moon princess.

XD, The third comic is funny how you have Minako about to say “Sailor Moon.” Lol.

• Azurite March 19, 2011 at 7:50 pm #

Keep in mind, no one remembered anything from the Silver Millennium–not even the cats did, properly. So no one knew what Princess Serenity looked like, let alone the fact that there was no “Sailor Moon” in the Silver Millennium. However, in the original series, the Senshi were searching for “their Princess,” not necessarily the MOON Princess. They didn’t learn her name or what she was Princess of until her identity was almost revealed. The dub kind of messed that up….

• Celestial March 22, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

Ha ha yea, the the dub sucks….period! I understand what your saying, but it was still a little more that obivous that Usagi was the princess. Even if they had no idea that Sailor Moon didn’t exist in the Silver Millennium, it was a bit obivous how she transformed into Sailor Moon, who had a cresent mark, and other features which literally said that she was obivously ‘the princess’….and yes, Minako did have the cresent (when disguised), but her cresent didn’t come with her tranformation like Usagi’s did.

And to be clear, the princess and the ‘moon’ princess were pretty much going to be the same person. As an example, the ‘princess’ wouldn’t have been any random person (who didn’t have any association with the moon, the other senshi, etc)

11. girlwholovessailormars4life August 18, 2010 at 11:13 am #

excuse me while i pretend to get this comic, nod, and walk away. x3
    no but seriously i dont get it.

• Chibi Jennifer August 18, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

In the comic, Usagi is using her disguise pen to “disguise” as the “Moon Princess”. This occurs before the sailors realise Usagi is actually Princess Serenity. Rei is just making fun of her. Hope this makes sense!

12. duresa ^_^ July 13, 2010 at 5:48 pm #

hi all i think sailor moon is cool but sailor chibi moon is idk how to say more cool then all in that movie:),i love luna and artemis they are soo cute especially their daughter diana ty now that i say what i think for sailor moon i feel better

13. Eternal Sailor Make-Make July 6, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

wait,the moon princess is usagi,because in silver millenium she is princess serenity.(are i’m right?)

14. Alana June 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

LOL!
    You have NO IDEA how frustrated I got how no one could figure out this ‘moon princess’ business, when I was like six, and every two seconds I’d be like “IT’S SAILOR MOON! MOON! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”
    Everything about this was perfect, the moon behind Venus, her “change”, I lovelovelove this. Made me laugh out loud x9032743289432895
    Would you mind if I reposted this on my Tumblr? Dorky, I know, but I just need to share this. I’d have the link and would give you the full credit :) Thanks!

• Chibi Jennifer June 29, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

Sure, you’re very welcome to :) That’s why we have the icon under the comic ^_^
      Glad you enjoyed this!

• MetroidJunkie September 12, 2010 at 10:29 am #

It’s obvious that, as main character, Sailor Moon will become the most important of everything. When Haruka (I think) stated Usagi couldn’t be the messiah because she couldn’t utilize the infinite power of the grail, I thought to myself “Pssh.. yeah she is. It’s called practice”

• Chibi Jennifer September 15, 2010 at 11:48 am #

haha that’s kinda true, though Sailor Moon doesn’t get everything- eg the pure heart crystal, dream mirror..

• SailorStar9 September 4, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Exactly my reaction when I re-watched Classic. Seriously, which one is the Moon Princess? Hmm… could it be the one named Sailor Moon? Nah, it’s the one from VENUS!

Honestly! It’s so *frinking* obvious when they admit that there wasn’t a *Sailor Moon* in the past! Gene blind! All of them!

15. Dr. Rorschach April 30, 2010 at 1:28 am #

To think I was the only one who believed Minako changed too much after some episodes.

She started as being organized to be the unofficial leader of the girls, then she became Serena 2.

My theory comes from the episode where they went to the hair salon, in that episode it was shown that the bad guys believed Minako was Sailor Moon because her DNA matched with that of Sailor Moon’s. This because Minako used her hair bursh on Serena, and perhaps with this, some of Serena’s “genetic traits” went to Minako, infecting her to the point she was like Serena.

Yeah I know, it is pseudoscience but well…

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 11:15 am #

lol..I kinda doubt that XD Minako was probably always like that XD Looks like she couldn’t keep her “cool image” for long 8D

16. icecreamchan April 27, 2010 at 9:40 am #

I can’t believe I didn’t notice that sailor MOON was the MOON princess when i was watching the anime XD!

17. Usagi629 February 13, 2010 at 3:35 am #

lulz… Yeah, you’d think they could have figured it out earlier, but then you have to remember that Usagi-chan is not by any means dainty, eloquent, or graceful, which is how we typically think a princess would be. :-P

Nice one!

• Chibi Jennifer March 5, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

Thanks!

yeah, Usagi just isn’t very princess-y in her reincarnated form XD

• FIREflames April 3, 2010 at 6:00 pm #

well really i think chibi jenifer this comic should kinda be at the begging tho
      and sailor moon they should know its her the moon prinecss because sailor moon has moon in it im not sure u get it any way but probly you got that comic from idk im not samrt like ami the brains

18. Beverley Wong February 9, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

You and Rei-chan are so funny because you guys keep on showing your tounge at each other.

19. Joine December 18, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

Venus’s whole “Nope! I may have the moon behind me…” rant in panel 2 made me laugh out loud.

I showed my little brother (Probabley Venus’s biggest male fan. I said probabley) and he giggled at Venus in the last frame.

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:36 pm #

awww, thanks ^^ I’m very glad to hear that :D

You’re also the first(?) person to comment on the moon in panel 2 ^.^

20. Death Rebirth Senshi October 30, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

lmao, it was always just a bit obvious…
    and lol, the real Minako’s revealed!