#27 Are you the Moon Princess?

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #27 Are you the Moon Princess? featuring Sailor Venus/Minako Aino, Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino, Sailor Mars/Rei Hino and Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno

Narrator: Sailor Venus makes her grand appearance.
Sailor Moon (thinking): Wow…Sailor Venus is so cool…
Sailor Moon: Could you be..the Moon Princess we’ve been looking for?

Narrator: 10 seconds later, after a dramatic pause..
Sailor Venus: Nope! I may have the moon behind me, but I’m just a Sailor Solider, like the rest of you!

[[Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars listen on]]
Sailor Venus: Besides, if I was the Moon Princess, I wouldn’t be called Sailor Venus – I’d be called Sailor..M-

Sailor Venus: Mmm….Actually I’m not quite sure! AHAHAHAHA
Sailor Moon: ?
Sailor Jupiter (thinking): Woah..her image kinda changed.
Sailor Mars: *sweat drop*
Narrator: And so the search for the Moon Princess continues…

166 Responses to “#27 Are you the Moon Princess?”

1. Allanah October 13, 2009 at 1:35 am #

lolz so funny

2. Kibou no Hikari October 10, 2009 at 3:47 pm #

I knew there was gonna be one about the search for the Moon Princess! The first time I saw the episode I was like, “They actually think that Sailor VENUS is the MOON Princess…” Their names are a dead give-away.

Luv it, Chibi Jen! Keep up the great work!

3. NiRo~luff October 7, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

This is something I caught right off the bat when I first watched the series. Seriously, how many did they expect to fool with the “Venus is Moon Princess” theory? It sorta made more sense in the manga, where Minako continued on as “Sailor V” and didn’t reveal that she was “Sailor Venus” until Usagi was revealed to be the Moon Princess. But then, the whole thing in the live action was just ‘WTF?’ Because how dumb did they have to be to not realize that Princess Sailor Venus of all people wouldn’t be the Moon Princess?

In the anime, I think it was that they simply couldn’t see the similarity in Usagi and Serenity, ’cause Serenity was supposedly more mature than Usagi. So the whole concept of “Usagi is the Moon Princess” probably seemed ridiculous. But…I dunno, it was still a bit of a stretch for me to think that Luna wouldn’t figure out at most a few episodes in that Sailor Moon is the Moon Princess… *sigh*

• Chibi Jennifer October 18, 2009 at 9:05 am #

lol, yea… ^^; Usagi IS really really different to Serenity though!

• NiRo~luff November 1, 2009 at 3:40 pm #

Mmm…the way I see it, the anime only showed us Serenity after she got all love-stricken with Endy. In the manga, before their whole romance, ‘rene was shown to be a lot like Usagi and only got all serious after the whole war and conflict started. So, from there, I devised that the Serenity we see in the anime is post-romance and therefore the whole over-implied maturity and seriousness that we don’t normally see in Usagi. It’s actually kinda similar to how Usagi acts, ’cause usually, she won’t get all serious and responsible ’til around the final battle, where everything seems to be going downhill. So yeah…that’s my explanation for that.

Besides, the senshi and everyone couldn’t remember a thing from their past lives other than the time that surrounded the fight with the Dark Kingdom, meaning it’s not really that certain if Usagi and Serenity were really so different.

• Chibi Jennifer November 1, 2009 at 4:24 pm #

Ohh, interesting! Thanks for sharing that :) I’m not familiar with the manga much so I wouldn’t know. I did think it was a bit suspicious when Neo Queen Serenity writes a letter back to Chibiusa, and the grammar was wrong or something XD Adds a bit of silliness to her.

• NiRo~luff November 1, 2009 at 5:03 pm #

Well, to be honest, I only know the bare basics of the manga. I’ve only been able to read the first arc and I haven’t even finished that yet… XP But, from what I observed, I think that that was idea with the whole Usagi/Serenity deal. I think they really were alike, it’s just that no one remembers the side of Serenity’s personality that was essentially Usagi.

Heh, and you do bring up a good point with the letter. It looks like ol’ Neo Queen Serenity is still the same Usagi we know and love (that includes the usage of hiragana instead of kanji ^.~), just a bit more matured in her adult years.

• Chibi Jennifer November 2, 2009 at 10:11 am #

haha, well we love her that way ^^

She would otherwise be a bit boring..

4. fraises October 5, 2009 at 2:04 pm #

Hehe, this one is funny :) I really love your comics! Can’t wait for more!

5. CS October 5, 2009 at 1:42 pm #

WHAT, USAGI IS THE MOON PRINCESS?!

I always loved how even more ridiculous Usagi was in the live action in terms of finding out that Minako is Sailor Venus. XD

6. pinkbubblesnake October 5, 2009 at 8:22 am #

XD Awesome! Love your comics as always!

7. 1991jrrutten October 4, 2009 at 8:37 am #

I give you 10/10 for this one!!!

8. Shenanigans October 4, 2009 at 5:11 am #

*laughing* “need…air….can’t stop…laughing!” *large gasp* XD

phew, well hey at least I know that this stupid computer won’t shut down YET. I seriously need a new comp. Aside from lets get to this comic. Was Venus trying to keep the princess a unsolved mystery? Or was she the truly blonde one here? I love that they and you had a moon in the background to confuse the senshi.

“Could you be… the moon princess we’ve been looking for?”
    *10 seconds pass*
    “Nope! I may have the moon behind me, but I’m just a sailor soldier like the rest of you!Besides if I was the MOON princess, I wouldn’t be called Sailor Venus- I’d be called Sailor… M-mmm…actually I’m not quite sure!”

Thats what made me laugh like there was not tommarrow! Ethier she thought she’d blow the princess’s identity or as I said she was the true blonde one here.I bet the other shenshi had had “???” look!

• Chibi Jennifer October 5, 2009 at 10:01 am #

lol, it can be interpret anyway you want really XD Though for me, it was a blonde moment ^^;
      Good that you noticed the moon, lol.

XD

9. ChaosInuYasha October 3, 2009 at 11:21 pm #

I’m guessing they thought she was the moon princess since in some episode or other it’s revealed that Venus would occasionally dress as the moon princess to trick would be kidnappers or something.

• Chibi Jennifer October 5, 2009 at 10:02 am #

Would like to know what that would look like XD

10. SerenityMoonGodness October 3, 2009 at 3:30 pm #

great comic this week love it!! :love:

11. Nastassja October 3, 2009 at 11:56 am #

I have to say, the live-action series handled that whole thing much better, re-enforcing that there are four soldiers PLUS the Moon Princess (i.e., we could have a Moon Princess who wasn’t a soldier at all), and calling Sailor Venus calling herself exclusively “Sailor V” until the Moon Princess is revealed.

12. Brad October 3, 2009 at 9:49 am #

Love it! lol! Well done!

13. icecheetah October 3, 2009 at 8:56 am #

I have been watching too much SMA. I read venus’ voice as that valley girls’.

14. hirstyneway October 3, 2009 at 8:18 am #

LOL this is one of my favorite ones to date! I absolutely love your style and humor. Keep ‘em coming please. :D

15. angelixangel October 3, 2009 at 8:16 am #

Nice one this week! Thanks for providing with such kawaii SM doushinji!

~Always there supporting and anticipating for more~

All the best! =D

16. Lady Aino October 3, 2009 at 8:13 am #

lol Minako just can’t say anything without the valley girl blondness kicking in. :tongue:

I knew since day one she couldn’t be the Moon Princess, but the whole scene worked for drama. In season one, she was rather serious. Appropriate, since she arrived pretty late and everything needed to be a huge lead up to the battle against the Dark Kingdom. But after that, we saw a more silly and over-the-top side of Minako. One that made us laugh, cheer and get creeped out.

*holds a pure heart* kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekkeke

• Chibi Jennifer October 3, 2009 at 8:41 am #

Very true :} And since she was so serious-like, it was funny seeing the other girls react to her. They looked up to her a lot more as someone really knowledgeable ^^

The comes the next seasons..and *poooff* gone! lol

• Lady Aino October 3, 2009 at 11:40 am #

:D lol To be fair, it’s understanable why they looked up to her and continue to respect her now. She’s been around longer, was somebody that inspired Usagi herself, and has done a great service to the Sailor Senshi from Classic to Stars. But the one that everyone looks up to now is obviously Usagi. Easily understandable, but let’s never forget that even though Minako is silly, she’s still the Goddess of Love and Beauty. Though the two timing was questionable.

17. Ike October 3, 2009 at 7:21 am #

when I was young (about 6 or so) and watched the tv show for the first time, it was a BIG surprise for me that sailor moon was the moon princess. I took the tv show very seriously, haha

• Chibi Jennifer October 3, 2009 at 8:22 am #

Oh really? That’s pretty cool actually XD
      Although I knew Sailor Moon was the Moon Princess it was still very suspenseful and dramatic when Princess Serenity finally awoke. I can probably imagine your excitement not knowing it at all :)

18. Pokota October 3, 2009 at 2:43 am #

I’m sure this has been said a million times on this page, but it does make a lot more sense in the Manga – Sailor V was pretending to be the Moon Princess during the interim.

• Lu October 3, 2009 at 4:34 am #

I think in the manga it was referred to more as Princess Serenity, which is left a little bit more ambiguous to the reader. In the anime though, they call it Moon Princess and OBVIOUSLY its Sailor Moon.

The whole Sailor V/Venus thing is interesting…cuz she was originally going to be the main character, right? She ended up being the prototype to Sailor Moon though.

• Chibi Jennifer October 3, 2009 at 8:31 am #

Probably why the two are similar in so many ways ^^

19. kotohime October 2, 2009 at 10:29 pm #

haha when I first saw this scene that’s kinda how I really expected it to be…. “no I’m not the princess silly! She’s standing right… oh ahhh nevermind!” XD or “no but I’m sure we can find her together!” lol…. To me it was soooo obvious Minako/Venus wasn’t it so why they even tried to pull that trick is beyond me… they should have made it more like the manga ^^; it would have made more sense…

• Chibi Jennifer October 3, 2009 at 8:29 am #

A little stretched but I give them credit for at least *trying* to put some Sailor V/Manga elements in there, lol….

Very amusing ^_^

20. Maya-chan October 2, 2009 at 8:54 pm #

*laughs*

Venus Knows that Sailor Moon is the princess and says something else to keep it a secret
    LOL! =^_^=

21. alantar October 2, 2009 at 8:53 pm #

Yeah, that scene never did make sense in the anime.

At least in the live-action version she kept her Sailor V look long enough that it seemed ambiguous, if you didn’t already know.

• Chibi Jennifer October 3, 2009 at 8:38 am #

I found it really amusing in the live-action.. when she stands in the middle of them and poses XD Felt so strange for once not having Sailor Moon there (and odd)

22. Amaterasu October 2, 2009 at 8:53 pm #

Haha! That’s flippin sweet! Keep it up!

23. Jacky October 2, 2009 at 7:12 pm #

HAHAHAHA AWSOME comic !!! i love the m – mmm transition ^^ its so good, well done!

24. Miss Breeziness October 2, 2009 at 6:11 pm #

Ah yes…Who’d have expected that Sailor Moon was the Moon Princess? :D

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 9:41 pm #

After seeing she was the Moon Princess, and had the Silver Crystal, and Holy Grail.. I assumed she had EVERY special item in the series. lol..phew, good thing I was wrong… (well, sorta XD)

• Miss Breeziness October 3, 2009 at 7:13 am #

Ah, this shows how wrong it can be to extrapolate from a trendline. :D

25. Sailor V-enus October 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

Sailor Venus could TECHNICALLY be the Moon Princess because of how the planet Venus is the Twin Planet of Earth. So if she is the twin of earth, she is separate like the moon from earth making her the Moon Princess. THATS WHAT I THINK THOUHG BUUUUT really, Usagi/Sailor Moon was right away Moon Princess. The only reason why people would be tricked is the Princess is all royally, mature, polite and skilled. Usagi is…..not so much.
    Loved the comic, totally Sailor Venus/Minako in the frames. Way to be!!! Can’t wait for next week!

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 9:39 pm #

lol, thank you :D :D

Interesting point you brought up about the Twin planets..though I don’t think there’s any relevancy to the series XD (Venus and Earth/Tuxy?) But that’s the most sensible explanation so far, lol.

• Sailor V-enus October 3, 2009 at 3:42 am #

If you read Sailor V Manga it explains the whole Twin Planets thing and all her attacks are MOON POWER! And Such! It was the original that led to Sailor Moon so thats where i got most of my information hehe!