#21 Seiya’s Odango Obsession

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Douinshi #21 Seiya's Odango Obsession featuring Seiya Kou/Sailor Star Fighter and Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

Seiya: Odango!
Usagi: *Looking annoyed* Hey!

Seiya: Odango!
Usagi: *Looking annoyed* Oii…

Sailor Star Fighter: HEY ODANGO!

Sailor Star Fighter: *Quickly turns away* Sorry, wrong person.
[[Eternal Sailor Moon glares at her.]]
Sailor Star Fighter (thinking): Oh crap, I thought she was Usagi!

137 Responses to “#21 Seiya’s Odango Obsession”

1. Chibi-Toria August 26, 2009 at 12:34 pm #

oh god stupid but loveable seiya xD awesome!

2. Vivien August 26, 2009 at 9:58 am #

Love it! Love it! LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!
    I want to say best one yet… but I can’t because they are all good. Definite rolling in the isles. I love ESM in the last frame. Priceless!

I miss ski trips – mind you I snowboard. Hope you had fun!

• Chibi Jennifer August 26, 2009 at 11:49 am #

Thank you vivien! =DDD ESM looks pretty silly XD XD

hehe, my boyfriend snowboards too and he says its definitely more fun than skiing ^_^

3. Dan August 24, 2009 at 9:08 am #

Hahahahahah! You managed to bring together so many great things there. =D I approve.

4. Utsukushiku Umi August 23, 2009 at 5:50 pm #

Love how you play up Seiya’s unhealthy obsession with Usagi *koff* althoughIshipthemandtheyaremyfirstSMOTP *koff* I enjoyed this loads ^_^

Hope you had a great vacation o/

• Chibi Jennifer August 23, 2009 at 8:12 pm #

haha, that’s great to hear!! I ship them too XD

And thanks, I had a great one ^.^

5. Kitteh Kou August 22, 2009 at 4:15 pm #

UHMAZINGGGG

6. Chrissy Sky August 22, 2009 at 2:27 pm #

Ahahaha! Seiya’s odango obsession is almost stronger than the supposed glamore, it seems. (Since supposedly the reason people can’t tell them apart from their senshi and normal forms is because of magic.)

I love how you draw Seiya!

• Chibi Jennifer August 23, 2009 at 12:30 am #

lol, good point XD

The title “Seiya’s Odango Obsession” was kind of playing on the idea that Seiya was very much obsessed (in-love) with Usagi (Odango)! Usagi or Sailormoon…Seiya is attracted. XD

7. Krystal August 22, 2009 at 1:50 am #

XD I want to share mitarashi dango with Seiya now!

8. Pretty Yuri Guardian Sailor A August 22, 2009 at 1:28 am #

Can you do an episode of Moonsticks based about a certain deleted moment from the Much Ado About Babysitting episode of Sailor Moon R? Danke!

• Chibi Jennifer August 22, 2009 at 9:12 am #

hm? I’ll have to look into that one XD Not sure which deleted moment you’re referring to?

• William August 22, 2009 at 4:41 pm #

i think where manami pees on En.
        they deleted that and manami’s bare “wee wee” (quoting usagi on that)

9. KTVB August 22, 2009 at 12:44 am #

LOL!!! This ones hilarious!! XD

Such funny expressions from Seiya haha, and that Eternal Sailormoon reminds me to your other comic (Sailormoon make-up?)

10. Purenightshade August 21, 2009 at 11:21 pm #

Well, if that doesn’t blow Seiya/Starfighter’s identity, usagi is either the dumbest person alive or Siya is the luckiest. Maybe an itty bitty bit of both.

Love the udpate as always.

• Sailor Sun August 22, 2009 at 7:42 am #

No I don’t agree with you since LOTS of people called her “Odango”
      She may think that Fighter is one of those people.
      I agree that she is the dumbest person not only for this but also for many many other situations ^_^;;

• Chibi Jennifer August 22, 2009 at 9:10 am #

lol, Usagi is probably thinking “Did she just call me-Eternal Sailor Moon an odango???”

hahaa..utter disbelief.

11. Jacky August 21, 2009 at 7:30 pm #

lol…how is that not well executed? this one actually made me laugh >D!

12. CyCyN August 21, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

AWWWWwwwww….. So cuuuuuttteee!!!!!! Seiya is super cute but ChibiJennfied is even better!!!!!LOVE IT!!! <3

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 4:29 pm #

Thank you Cycyn!! ^____^ Supportive as always :D

13. Sailor Gold Rabbit August 21, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

Hahaha! Awesome! ^_^ Reading that actually put me in a better mood! :D I’m suprised that’s never happened before in the anime (or any other continuity, for that matter).

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 1:49 pm #

That’s good to hear =) I do hope these comics bring a smile to your faces :D

14. SerenityMoonGodness August 21, 2009 at 1:28 pm #

nice work!!!
    Sorry you have the wrong person ^^; Embrassing but she was right

15. d_a_z_z_l_e_m_e August 21, 2009 at 1:06 pm #

haha this is great :)

16. dethystic August 21, 2009 at 10:26 am #

XDDD hilarious!!! ♥

17. Pokota August 21, 2009 at 9:59 am #

How do you mistake Sailor Moon for Usagi?

18. FACeres August 21, 2009 at 9:54 am #

OMG #21 is halarious! XD Love it great work!

19. Kawaii Silence August 21, 2009 at 9:51 am #

That was pure <3. I was wondering about what was strange with Star Fighter calling Moon Odango but than I finished looking at it and was like 'oh so they don't know each other identities yet.' I love that nickname for Usagi, she's annoyed at it at first when people come up with nicknames centering around her hair.

Still coming up with great ideas. Keep up the good work. (Oh yeah, this is Nameless. I came up with a name. <3)

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 1:10 pm #

Hi nameless! *waves*
      Good to know you’ve chosen something :D Kawaii Silence ^^

Yeah, I was wondering how to get the message across that they didn’t know each other’s true identity yet. I used subtle hints like how Usagi still seems pretty annoyed that Seiya calls her “Odango” in the first 2 frames. Later on the series she doesn’t seem to mind the nickname at all ^_^

• Kawaii Silence August 21, 2009 at 3:59 pm #

Yeah that’s true. She seems to be annoyed at nicknames at first and then she’s like ‘fine, whatever’.

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 4:04 pm #

Haruka use to call Usagi Odango as well..how come afterwards it turned to cat or something? XD

• Miss Breeziness August 21, 2009 at 9:22 pm #

It turned into “Koneko-chan”. :)

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 9:44 pm #

Oh yes, thanks! XD I watched Stars in Chinese and it was something like “kitty” XD

20. ydkmn August 21, 2009 at 9:46 am #

gahahahahhah :cant breath: gahahahahahh :turned purlple: gahahah :turned green: gagagagaga :drops unconscious:

amazing:D

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

lol, that’s a pretty funny reaction. XD XD

• ydkmn August 27, 2009 at 9:18 am #

hihih lol
        please do some rukaXmichi next

i love the one with the mother saying they were cousins
        and michiru’s lips at the second pic

21. Michelle August 21, 2009 at 9:01 am #

HEHEHEHEHE

22. Sailor Sun August 21, 2009 at 8:44 am #

I can’t stop laughing heheheheeheheheheheehehehe XD XD XD XD
    So creative^^
    It seems that the ski trip was useful for you to get more great ideas 8D

Stupid Star Fighter! (although I love him^^)

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 12:55 pm #

Good to know you got a good laugh :D!

lol…Fighter sure is silly XD

23. Brad August 21, 2009 at 8:32 am #

Yeah, how was your ski trip?

Good to see Star Fighter again! Also great work with the asterisk. Always good to make it accessible for fans of both versions.

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 11:54 am #

Snow was awesome! Thanks for asking! :D

Ah yes.. I was starting to miss Seiya ^.^; I totally dig the Seiya x Usagi pairing so I’ve been meaning to do one of them together for a while..

Thanks for the RTs too :D

24. Miss Breeziness August 21, 2009 at 8:13 am #

Hahahahahahaha! Oh boy, that was brilliant! I wish that had happened in the anime. :D
    Yes, I always wondered why nobody in the Sailor Moon universe ever linked Usagi and Sailor Moon’s hairstyles. Even if they’re supposed to look different, she’s like the only person in Tokyo to do her hair like that.

(Did you have a good ski trip?)

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 11:35 am #

Glad you like this! Been a while since I did one of the three lights :3
      I always wondered why no one calls Sailor Moon odango.. XD

And thank you! I had a really fun trip :D It’s great to be able to go on a break now and then :D

• Miss Breeziness August 21, 2009 at 12:52 pm #

Yes, going on trips rock! :)

Seiya looks sooooo cute in that first panel. :) Although I must say that Fighter without eyes looked a bit…hmm, weird.

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 1:04 pm #

lol…really?

I’m not sure why I do it, I just randomly remove eyes now and then XD XD Doesn’t have any particular meaning, lol.

I’ll keep that in mind next time I feel like leaving out the eyes XD

• Cassie August 21, 2009 at 11:50 pm #

Dude, I know! The only person to EVER get Usagi’s identity right when she was Sailor Moon was Fiore!

• Chibi Jennifer August 22, 2009 at 12:04 am #

Oh yes.. that was actually a bit odd! Seemed too easy for Fiore.

25. aeka August 21, 2009 at 9:01 am #

This reminds me of the scene where Fighter figured out that Usagi was Sailor Moon only to brush it off as impossible before being confirmed of it again in a later episode.

I loved that scene too. :3

• Miss Breeziness August 21, 2009 at 9:55 am #

Oh yes, I was reminded a bit of that too. :)

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 12:57 pm #

Oh I loved that whole episode X3 X3
        Seiya and Usagi are so cute and fun <3

It drives me crazy though that they can’t recognise them XD Even if they look different, they still have the same voice.

• Miss Breeziness August 21, 2009 at 8:01 pm #

Well, Sailor Moon has the excuse that Seiya is a boy and Fighter is a girl. Fighter, however…:)

• Chibi Jennifer August 21, 2009 at 8:03 pm #

lol yeah… XD XD I mean a sex-change is quite a disguise!!

Now this reminds me of how Usagi was confused who Moonlight Knight was because Mamoru was also present when he was XD