#55 Minako’s True Colours

MoonSticks #55 Minako's True Colours featuring Minako Aino/Sailor Venus, Rei Hino/Sailor Mars and Artemis
Or maybe she has always been like that 8D

[[Minako is standing there in her school uniform looking very serious]]

[[Minako is standing there with a little smile on her face]]

[[Minako is looking over-the-top excited and star struck]]

Minako: Heehee
Rei: *pointing* Proof that Usagi is bad influence!
Artemis: *sweatdrop*

109 Responses to “#55 Minako’s True Colours”

1. PrincessHifi June 18, 2010 at 3:29 pm #

Random,but hilarious.

2. CelestialChild June 18, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

Hahaha! What an excellent point!

Minako’s downward spiral in the anime always felt so harsh to me, where as PGSM was the polar opposite. As mentioned by someone above, the manga seemed to give her the most multi-dimensional personality. In many way I think it was the most mature portray of her character: being serious all the time, as in PGSM, is not the same thing as handling things maturaly. In the manga Minako always knew when it was time for business and took her mission seriously, but she was good at balancing her life as well :)

• Chibi Jennifer June 19, 2010 at 12:23 pm #

You’re probably right about the balance thing. I can’t decide if I’d like a all out silly or serious Minako^^;

3. Joshua Cain June 18, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

Usagi must have fanned Minako way too much.

4. Kawaii Silence June 18, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

lol, that’s funny. Though Minako is mature though has her serious ditsy moments- which seem to increase as the anime goes on. Truthfully, I think the anime made her a little too ditsy and bubbly compared to the manga. PGSM did the opposite and showed her more serious side most of the time (from what I saw, only seen just over half of it). I like manga best for Minako-chan now that I think of it… not generic and bubbly blond like in the anime but still has her boy-crazy ditsy moments and holds the seriousness as a leader.

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 3:12 pm #

The manga Minako does sound the most balanced, aye. I think they went a bit overboard with the serious Minako in PGSM that she lost all fun to her ^^;

5. sailoruranusfan June 18, 2010 at 12:13 pm #

lol so true,so,so,so,so,so true

6. Sei June 18, 2010 at 11:27 am #

true… but I liked the change… I hate the Minako from PGSM

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

Too serious aye? XD Some times I thought Minako was like the ‘outer senshi’ in PGSM since they don’t exist in the live action XD

7. Katuramaki June 18, 2010 at 10:36 am #

Lol!! XD From being the super serious, super cool Sailor V, to posing as the ‘real’ Sailor Moon during an episode in S to doing a complete 180 in personality during PGSM. It’s sometimes confusing keeping up with the many personalities that have been bestowed on her.

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

lol, very true. Minako does have a lot of different personalities (especially in PGSM) but I still remember her mostly has the ditzy one.

8. Sailor_Lyoko June 18, 2010 at 10:29 am #

:D

9. icecreamchan June 18, 2010 at 10:23 am #

Haha thats true,she was really serious at the beginning and then…….well I guess usagi DID rub off on her…^^

10. Brad June 18, 2010 at 10:02 am #

haha I do think the two encouraged each other once they met. :D

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm #

hahah yeh definitely. Usagi finally has a fail partner in the gang XD

11. Kibate June 18, 2010 at 9:40 am #

hehe, yeah
    i always noticed that too, that in the first few episodes of season1 she was like miss super serious, the strongest fighter and as smart as ami with all kinds of information about the enemys
    and then she turned into the generic hyper active blond girl^^”

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm #

First impressions….aren’t that important, are they? lol

12. Kath June 18, 2010 at 8:49 am #

I love Minako! And she’s probably always been like that! rotfl! That’s what I love the most in the senshi friendship, they’re so different that they actually complete each other. Minako’s the fun-loving one, Ami’s the smart one, Makoto’s the tomboy, Usagi’s the clusmy leader and Rei’s the queen who carees more about her looks (no matter what she says). I love SM!

13. Secretttt June 18, 2010 at 8:07 am #

lol sooo true, from when she did usagis hair in the first season to being excited to fail with usagi in stars. she was more epic and then around the nurse fiasco she got wayyy silly =) always lav yor comics!

14. NiRo~luff June 18, 2010 at 7:48 am #

Actually, Minako was always like that, according to the Sailor V manga. Eh…she’s still my favorite Inner Senshi no matter how much of a ditz she is. :D

• xXPrettyNekoXx June 18, 2010 at 8:22 am #

I think it should be “Proof Usagi is a bad influence”

I agree too. Minako was always a ditz and scheming in Sailor V. That’s why I hate when people say Minako is a copy of Usagi when Minako was created first and the two are slightly different (i.e. Minako is a hentai and Usagi is native!)

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:20 pm #

haha I think they are pretty similar though, with some subtle differences. It doesn’t really help that they’re both blonde with blue eyes and always late for school.. (and failing together XD)

• NiRo~luff July 9, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

By “native”, I think you meant “naive”. ^^;

But yes, this is so. Minako did come first and it is slightly irksome that some still believe the idea that she’s Usagi’s ‘clone’ or whatever. (The “twins” joke I’m okay with. But she is her own person, still.)

• Rina June 18, 2010 at 11:00 am #

Hmm, I kind of disagree a little bit about that. She was ditz in the Sailor V manga, yes, but then she had all those life-changing experiences as Sailor V and had those realisations and memories about her mission… it definitely made me think she would’ve changed and matured a lot because of the Sailor V manga, especially when she first turned up in the anime all serious.

I still see her as having that maturity though, even though she doesn’t show it a lot of the time (there’s only so much a children’s anime can do). :)

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

I think she lost her seriousness really quickly though in the anime XD (Remember the dancing scene?) XD

• NiRo~luff July 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

Well, what I think it was is that Minako did mature and have changes throughout the Sailor V manga. She begins to understand more of the gravity of her situation and acts accordingly. But, at first, she is alone to do the job and has to constantly keep her mind on the issue at hand. Once she had friends to share her burden with, she became more free to be herself once more, and as such, ditziness returns. She still knows her duty and sticks to it, but at the same time, she is still a teenage girl with fancies and dreams like any other.

15. Yen-sama June 18, 2010 at 7:42 am #

I lol’d

16. jenny_wildcat June 18, 2010 at 7:39 am #

Awww, c’mon Rei – like you’ve never had your own “SQUEE” moments. Mina-chan is so much fun to be around. ^_^

17. selichan June 18, 2010 at 7:23 am #

Gnahaha.. thats soooo true! Mina-chan realy changed during the time *gg* But i think thats not sooooo bad at all ^^ I love Usagi xD Mina and Usagi.. hawww.. I wish I had a friend like her :( Hm.. ok.. back to topic :P

It’s sad that there is no more background infos about the sailors.. The past.. There families.. I’d like to know! >___<' I think Mina's charakter whas like this all the time.. but the past made her.. yea.. strong.. 'cause she had to be… And with Usagi and the others.. she can be herself again :D

Thanks for this wonderfull comic! I realy love it :))

<3 *hugz* <3

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

There’s not a lot known about the senshi’s family background etc, though Minako has a whole Sailor V manga behind her ^^ I haven’t read it though.

18. Rosa June 18, 2010 at 7:08 am #

Lol. No wonder Minako had different personalities. xD
    LMAO @ THE 3RD PANEL! XDDDD

19. pianka June 18, 2010 at 7:08 am #

haha so true xD

20. Nette June 18, 2010 at 7:03 am #

lol, so true. however, mina’s my fave =w=

21. Zilimidori June 18, 2010 at 6:59 am #

XD Yup. That would be Minako for you. LOL Great job as usual!

22. Waterkeeper511 June 18, 2010 at 6:50 am #

Ha, it’s like watching PGSM, manga, and anime/musical Minako in 3 different shots…

23. Shantegirl June 18, 2010 at 6:47 am #

All I got to say is LMAO!!!!!! But Mina is always trying to hook people up just because she is the Goddess of love and she is always dipping in people business! Once Usa got Mamo she stopped doing that a little bit! Also Mina is more starstruck than Usa! Example: Stars season! Usa did not know who that group was but Mina could name the whole group and probably some of their songs ! I would love to read the Sailor V manga because I heard that she was more serious in her own manga in London until she got to Japan! lol

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

haha I dunno, after reading everyone’s comments it seems to be mixed. Some claim she was more serious, yet others say she was always like that. (I haven’t read the Sailor V manga so I’m not too sure XD).. I think she started off like that, then she turned serious and then she turns back (at least she appears happy on the outside)

24. Sailor_Lyoko June 18, 2010 at 6:42 am #

WOWza

25. feedthe1337 June 18, 2010 at 6:33 am #

XD awesome. I’ve always thought Minako and Usagi had very similar personalities, which to be honest, you wouldn’t really want. Did Minako used to be more serious?

• Chibi Jennifer June 18, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

When she first appeared she was pretty serious…but then yeh, she quickly changed ^^;;;