#35 How Pluto took Hotaru Back

MoonSticks #35 How Sailor Pluto took Hotaru Back featuring Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou, Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe, Souichi Tomoe, Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou and Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaiou

And the Return of Sailor Saturn follows 8D

Setsuna: *mutters under her breath* I am here to take you with me, Hotaru.

[[Souichi Tomoe is carrying baby Hotaru]]
Souichi Tomoe: What..what are you talking about, woman?
Baby Hotaru: ?

{{POW}}
[[Setsuna punches Souichi's face and dashes off in full speed with baby Hotaru]]
Setsuna: I’ll give her back one day!
Souichi Tomoe: NOOOOO!!! HOTARUUU!!
Setsuna: *devious look* Gimme your powers, Hotaru!

Sailor Neptune: So you asked to borrow her and he said yes?
Sailor Uranus: Something sounds fishy…
Sailor Pluto: Now why would you think that?

Narrator: Setsuna is a terrible liar :D

126 Responses to “#35 How Pluto took Hotaru Back”

1. Travis December 19, 2009 at 9:52 am #

This is the best one ever. Nothing will ever top this! BECAUSE OMG!!!!!!

2. Sabrblade December 19, 2009 at 9:25 am #

Funny. lol Though, there’s a typo in the second panel.

3. newageretrohippie December 19, 2009 at 9:23 am #

This is pretty much how I always figured that scene played out.

On the 3rd panel Hotaru seems to really enjoy being kidnapped.

4. Jessica December 19, 2009 at 4:29 am #

Great comic as always!

“Gimme your powers, Hotaru” in the 3rd pic reminds me of your comic #19 Pluto missing in action!

5. SailorEm December 18, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

Loved it!!

6. the_rami December 18, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

I’ve always wondered about that. Poor Professor. ;~;

7. Lady Aino December 18, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

:3 Outer Senshi love, indeed. Though I must focus all my attention on Setsuna-sama….and her vicious K.O. blow to Tomoe. Bet it felt good, though it would of felt better when he was under Daimon control. Setsuna-sama had to obtain Hotaru by any means necessary. XD

Thanks for sharing Chibi Jenn!

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

ehheee yes, well Pluto is very serious about her mission ;)

I can think of quite a few alternate endings for this one…they all quite amuse me XD

8. Chris December 18, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

I’m ASSUMING as he regained his memory of what happened to his daughter he realized something was telling him it was the right thing to do. I mean.. he kinda knows his daughter is more or less Sailor Saturn. I’m sure some of his memory returned somewhat. I mean… if you’re posessed daughter shreds into pieces and a ball with the Saturn symbol appears and floats away I’m sure you’d have to be an idiot to not know whats up. >< But thats just me assuming.

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 3:09 pm #

yeh, that’s all we can really assume.. (or the above XD) Even though I still kinda doubt he regained his memory..it would be pretty difficult for him to handle it. He seems rather peaceful..

9. Kibou no Hikari December 18, 2009 at 2:19 pm #

OMG O.o I never knew Setsuna had another side… XD

I always wondered what made Professor Tomoe give his only daughter to a complete stranger… It totally bugged me…

Yoku dekimashita, Chibi Jen! I think that’s ‘good job’… Not sure ^.^’

One thing though: in panel two, why does Professor Tomoe say ‘women’? Shouldn’t it be ‘woman’ as ‘women’ is plural? I’m sorry if I annoy with my corrections ^.^’ Gomenasai.

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 2:38 pm #

Thanks! Glad you like it! ^-^!

haha yes, it was an error on my end (as Brad pointed out above)- I will change it when I get the chance :D

10. trinity_sin December 18, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

Lol, that’s just awesome.

11. haruka_fanatic December 18, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

lol

12. Maya-chan December 18, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

3rd pannel is funny

13. Kawaii Silence December 18, 2009 at 10:59 am #

Perfect! I was just wondering how it worked out in the anime, just a little while ago. Always confused me on how Tomoe agreed to let Setsuna take Hotaru. It made more sense in the manga when he died, sad- but he wasn’t as awesome in the manga, a little freaky actually. So all three of them decided to just raise Hotaru, right after the battle (not like a few months later at the beginning of Stars) They softened up and uncorrupted the villians a lot more in the anime. This is one time where it probably confused people on how stuff like this actually turned out. Great funny way of interpreting it.

I knew this will be a great way to start my Winter Break.

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 3:00 pm #

That’s great to hear ^_^

That’s what I love about the anime though- the villains aren’t as corrupted and are usually given a second chance at life :)

• Kawaii Silence December 18, 2009 at 4:45 pm #

Yeah, that’s why I enjoy the anime as well. I love villains that see the light, so to speak. Though sometimes it does leave loose ends, like this situation here. But that’s another good thing about the anime, you could find the loose ends and make a humorous doujinshi on it. ^.^

14. Brad December 18, 2009 at 10:58 am #

Love it! (though shouldn’t panel 2 read “What… what are you talking about, woman?”)

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 11:01 am #

ahaha..damn you’re right ;) Will fix it when I get the chance.

XD XD XD

15. Pokota / Raekuul December 18, 2009 at 10:43 am #

…okay then, if Setsuna behaves like that, then I guess it can’t be too hard to see Hime-chan as Pluto…

(This is what happens when you read nothing but fanfics for a week. I’ve forgotten what is and isn’t canon…)

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:55 pm #

(Who’s Hime-chan?)

• Pokota / Raekuul December 19, 2009 at 2:54 am #

Different series. The one successful crossover she’s had with Sailor Moon, she became apprentice under Setsuna.

• Chibi Jennifer December 22, 2009 at 11:23 am #

Oh ahaha, cool. I thought I was supposed to know about it XD

16. rhphan December 18, 2009 at 10:25 am #

Lol! :D It kinda feels terrible that Hotaru and her father are separated because of her sailor senshi job. D:

(C’mon gravatar be faster at uploading my icon D:)

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:54 pm #

yeah, I always enjoyed watching the relationship between the two. So sad that she never returns to him o__o

(Love your gravatar, so pretty!!)

• rhphan December 18, 2009 at 4:24 pm #

Yup. :( I wonder what happens to Hotaru’s father anyways. O_o

(Thank you! x3)

• Chibi Jennifer December 22, 2009 at 11:22 am #

At least he didn’t die like in the manga >.<

• rhphan December 25, 2009 at 4:36 am #

OMG HE DIED IN THE MANGA?! Omg I don’t like reading the manga where they use their Japanese names. Plus it’s also mixed up a bit. >_>

17. ChibiChibi-hime December 18, 2009 at 8:46 am #

In The 1ST Panel does Pluto has differnt earrings from the last panel?

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 9:07 am #

Yup :) That’s because Setsuna in the first 3 frames happens in a different time frame to the last one (she was in her human form when speaking to Professor Tomoe)

The last shot happens sometime afterwards when she is Sailor Pluto. Hope this explains it :)

18. ChibiChibi-hime December 18, 2009 at 8:44 am #

Omg Pluto u Liar!!
    Love The Comic ChibiJen great work!

19. セーラーエリス December 18, 2009 at 8:37 am #

gahhaha
    pluto always so funny to play with :D

20. Mo-chan December 18, 2009 at 8:14 am #

XDDD
    I love sseing Pluto like this XD

21. Purenightshade December 18, 2009 at 8:12 am #

The expression on Tomoe’s face is priceless.

22. KTVB December 18, 2009 at 7:35 am #

Awwww..this comic is so cute!!

I love all the expressions on Plu and baby Hotaru hahah

I really enjoy seeing Setsuna comics because you always seem to make fun of her (not in a bad way though!) Either out-of-character, or we’re seeing a different side of her.

Yay for more Hotaru and outer senshi ^^

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:50 pm #

Arigatou! ^__^

I really enjoy making fun of Pluto too :3 Although I keep most characters somewhat in-character, Pluto seems to be an exception XD

WOuld love to give Hotaru more love too, since she doesn’t get as much screentime in the anime :x

• Kawaii Silence December 18, 2009 at 4:50 pm #

You should! Hotaru is adorable. (I think that my view on that is obvious, considering my name.. and Gravatar) Anyway, one idea for Hotaru-chan is doing one on how her transformation is never shown in the anime. I don’t know how.. but yeah. :D Anyway, it doesn’t have to be super soon, since this one is on the outer senshi, though just dropping a little idea. hehe…

• Chibi Jennifer December 22, 2009 at 11:27 am #

heheh, yeah, I try to space them out a bit so the character appears once in a while instead of all of them right after each other :)

23. Lucky December 18, 2009 at 7:20 am #

Wow! The truth after all these years! :)
    Setsuna still amazes me! (“Gimme your powers!”) ^^
    Good job Jen!

24. Joine December 18, 2009 at 7:05 am #

I always wondered what force on Earth would posess Tomoe to give his daughter to some stranger.

Then again, if he saw Hotaru spourt like a little plant like she did to become Saturn again… He’d probabley have a heart attack. X3

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:45 pm #

I really..don’t ..know.. XD This question bugged me so much, but I loved that scene nevertheless 8D
      Pluto was so cool, and baby Hotaru was just like ^_____^

25. OMFGitsceline December 18, 2009 at 7:02 am #