#35 How Pluto took Hotaru Back

MoonSticks #35 How Sailor Pluto took Hotaru Back featuring Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou, Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe, Souichi Tomoe, Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou and Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaiou

And the Return of Sailor Saturn follows 8D

Setsuna: *mutters under her breath* I am here to take you with me, Hotaru.

[[Souichi Tomoe is carrying baby Hotaru]]
Souichi Tomoe: What..what are you talking about, woman?
Baby Hotaru: ?

{{POW}}
[[Setsuna punches Souichi's face and dashes off in full speed with baby Hotaru]]
Setsuna: I’ll give her back one day!
Souichi Tomoe: NOOOOO!!! HOTARUUU!!
Setsuna: *devious look* Gimme your powers, Hotaru!

Sailor Neptune: So you asked to borrow her and he said yes?
Sailor Uranus: Something sounds fishy…
Sailor Pluto: Now why would you think that?

Narrator: Setsuna is a terrible liar :D

127 Responses to “#35 How Pluto took Hotaru Back”

1. Iikku13 December 4, 2010 at 10:20 pm #

GIMME YOUR POWERS HOTARU!!! damn i love pluto!

2. Celestial November 12, 2010 at 12:55 pm #

lol….the third box is funny….just look at professor tomeo’s body :)

3. eternal moon August 19, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

if setsuna took hotaru,hotaru mother become 3!!amazing!!

4. eternal moon August 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

setsuna is quiet & calm. but,somtimes she is getting liar

5. princess myu July 17, 2010 at 2:52 pm #

why is it when i read these i think azumanga daioh?

• Chibi Jennifer July 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

You’re not the first to say that, though I can confidently say these drawings were not inspired by Azumanga Daioh at all- I haven’t read the manga or watched the anime.

• luna lover August 24, 2010 at 5:25 am #

if u have not watch or read sailor moon how do u make these comics?????

6. Haruchiru July 14, 2010 at 3:45 am #

Awesome! Epic! I always knew something was off about Setsuna getting Hotaru back! I mean, no normal and ok-in-the-head parent would give his child to some stranger… but yes, I might as well agree he could be really shocked and scared about a woman that appeared out of the blue… hmmm… Or could it be the punch Setsuna gave him killed him? o_O? Could that be Pluto’s new and kind of secret attack??

Amazing comic like the rest Chibi :)

• Chibi Jennifer July 14, 2010 at 9:20 am #

Thanks very much Haruchiru ^_^ This scene was always boggling my mind XDD

7. HikaruKibou June 26, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

I love Hotaru’s happy face even though her daddy just got punched XDDDDD

8. SailorUranusFan June 7, 2010 at 3:00 pm #

how would a father react if his daughter was taken away by a strange woman lol he would take out his phone and call the cops well actually he might be afraid of setsuna attaking him so nevermind

btw love this comic showed it to all my friends

9. Neoqueencosmos May 19, 2010 at 3:50 am #

3rd panel is classic!

10. Hotaru/Lilac April 30, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

PLUTO IS A LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIAR
    and me and my freinds thought she was the serious one
    HOTARU THEIF
    do U think this is how she really got hotaru back??
    I DO

11. Sokudoningyou April 9, 2010 at 8:59 am #

I should totally post a link to this on my ficlet about the whole “Hotaru theft” thing.

Except mine’s depressing.

Yours is much funnier.

12. FIREflames April 3, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

urans has good sence thats what i think and mars i got some too kinda i can sence people coming in the house but not wats gonna happen in the future

13. maplenihongo March 30, 2010 at 7:44 pm #

“We’re bringing Hotaru back now, there’s just a tiny problem… She grew, a lot. Hope that isn’t a problem. On the plus side, she’s a great junior high student now with good grades and everything!”

I mean how can you explain that a girl goes from age two to age 12 in a few months?

• Chibi Jennifer March 30, 2010 at 10:29 pm #

lol, you can’t! ahahahaha XD XD

It’s more like “Hm? A few months? Hotaru has been away for years…..

April fools.”

XD

14. Dr. Rorschach March 15, 2010 at 7:56 am #

Yoink!

15. ShadowWolf0010 January 22, 2010 at 11:28 am #

O_O

Oh my so that’s how she did it? Dang I thought she would…I don’t know kind of negotiate with him or use some kind of diplomacy thing…seeing that she’s wise and older then the Outer Scouts.

Darn you Pluto you lied to us!

16. Lamango December 31, 2009 at 4:36 am #

So….not only is Pluto a bit ditzy, weird, and afraid of bugs…SHE’S A BABY THEIF!

• Chibi Jennifer December 31, 2009 at 11:17 am #

haha yes. Don’t we just love her for so many reasons?

17. SerenityMoonGodness December 29, 2009 at 8:48 am #

Just saw this comic strip! That’s funny! She stole her! Everyone always asks this question. How did pluto get saturn back? It’s funny she always makes funny of questions we have about the series!

18. kressa December 23, 2009 at 2:07 am #

lol wow! she looks extremely evil in panel 3 haha.

19. ChaosInuYasha December 22, 2009 at 4:18 am #

Normally I throw hissy fits when people make fun of Setsuna since she is my #1 Senshi but your comics with her make me lol *hugs Setsuna*

• Chibi Jennifer December 22, 2009 at 9:04 am #

heheh that’s great to hear ^_^
      In no way do I try make fun of characters in a bad way ^.^; I love Setsuna XD

20. CelestialChild December 21, 2009 at 8:47 pm #

Hahaha. Didn’t Prof. Tomoe lose all his memories in the anime? I don’t understand why they didn’t just let him keep them and be a support for the Sailor Senshi instead. It’s better than him inexplicably giving up his child. Goodness knows they could use a better base-of-operations than an arcade center. XD

• Chibi Jennifer December 21, 2009 at 10:41 pm #

hmm.. but he lost his memory, so… I mean.. if he stuck around wouldn’t he see Hotaru as a grown up- and totally freak him out? XD

21. MoonMad December 21, 2009 at 7:54 pm #

LOL. Professor Tomoe is hilarious! I especially love frame 3. These comics are awesome and so funny!

• Chibi Jennifer December 21, 2009 at 8:28 pm #

hehehe everyone seems to love some Professor Pwnage! XD (Or maybe just Plu just stole the spotlight ..xD)

Thanks for your comment! Glad you’re enjoying them ^_^

22. SS123 December 21, 2009 at 2:50 pm #

LOL! I always found it hard to believe that he would just give his daughter to so lady who he didn’t even know.

Panel #3 FTW!!! XD

23. Shenanigans December 20, 2009 at 10:29 am #

I like this one! Especially the 3rd panel where you see Setsuna taking off with baby Hotaru! XD

(I’m on vacation! WOOOOO!!!!)

• Chibi Jennifer December 20, 2009 at 10:34 am #

hehe that’s great to to know ^_^ Thanks!~

(yay! Enjoy!)

24. SailorBunnyTiger December 20, 2009 at 1:22 am #

oh, so THAT’S how Setsuna got Hotaru from Prof. Tomoe! :D

25. Sailor Sun December 19, 2009 at 10:42 pm #

I’ve just checked this out. I guess they (Haruka, Michiru & Setsuna) come to live with Hotaru. I guess they were in Tomoe’s house. Do you think they just kich Tomoe-sensei out or something?
    That’s awesome, really..
    OMG What a violence!!
    In the third panel, Hutaru is just happy with a very big smile! She doesn’t know what is going on LOL 8D

I like the comic. One of the favorites ^^
    BTW I really love the cherry blossoms in the first panel. It doesn’t tell what will happen after that. Setsuna looks very peaceful LOL

Love it love it love it..

• Chibi Jennifer December 20, 2009 at 9:44 am #

hmmm…I don’t think they live in Professor Tomoe’s house (unless that’s in the manga?)

Thanks for the comment! 8D

26. Travis December 19, 2009 at 9:52 am #

This is the best one ever. Nothing will ever top this! BECAUSE OMG!!!!!!

27. Sabrblade December 19, 2009 at 9:25 am #

Funny. lol Though, there’s a typo in the second panel.

28. newageretrohippie December 19, 2009 at 9:23 am #

This is pretty much how I always figured that scene played out.

On the 3rd panel Hotaru seems to really enjoy being kidnapped.

29. Jessica December 19, 2009 at 4:29 am #

Great comic as always!

“Gimme your powers, Hotaru” in the 3rd pic reminds me of your comic #19 Pluto missing in action!

30. SailorEm December 18, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

Loved it!!

31. the_rami December 18, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

I’ve always wondered about that. Poor Professor. ;~;

32. Lady Aino December 18, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

:3 Outer Senshi love, indeed. Though I must focus all my attention on Setsuna-sama….and her vicious K.O. blow to Tomoe. Bet it felt good, though it would of felt better when he was under Daimon control. Setsuna-sama had to obtain Hotaru by any means necessary. XD

Thanks for sharing Chibi Jenn!

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

ehheee yes, well Pluto is very serious about her mission ;)

I can think of quite a few alternate endings for this one…they all quite amuse me XD

33. Chris December 18, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

I’m ASSUMING as he regained his memory of what happened to his daughter he realized something was telling him it was the right thing to do. I mean.. he kinda knows his daughter is more or less Sailor Saturn. I’m sure some of his memory returned somewhat. I mean… if you’re posessed daughter shreds into pieces and a ball with the Saturn symbol appears and floats away I’m sure you’d have to be an idiot to not know whats up. >< But thats just me assuming.

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 3:09 pm #

yeh, that’s all we can really assume.. (or the above XD) Even though I still kinda doubt he regained his memory..it would be pretty difficult for him to handle it. He seems rather peaceful..

34. Kibou no Hikari December 18, 2009 at 2:19 pm #

OMG O.o I never knew Setsuna had another side… XD

I always wondered what made Professor Tomoe give his only daughter to a complete stranger… It totally bugged me…

Yoku dekimashita, Chibi Jen! I think that’s ‘good job’… Not sure ^.^’

One thing though: in panel two, why does Professor Tomoe say ‘women’? Shouldn’t it be ‘woman’ as ‘women’ is plural? I’m sorry if I annoy with my corrections ^.^’ Gomenasai.

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 2:38 pm #

Thanks! Glad you like it! ^-^!

haha yes, it was an error on my end (as Brad pointed out above)- I will change it when I get the chance :D

35. trinity_sin December 18, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

Lol, that’s just awesome.

36. haruka_fanatic December 18, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

lol

37. Maya-chan December 18, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

3rd pannel is funny

38. Kawaii Silence December 18, 2009 at 10:59 am #

Perfect! I was just wondering how it worked out in the anime, just a little while ago. Always confused me on how Tomoe agreed to let Setsuna take Hotaru. It made more sense in the manga when he died, sad- but he wasn’t as awesome in the manga, a little freaky actually. So all three of them decided to just raise Hotaru, right after the battle (not like a few months later at the beginning of Stars) They softened up and uncorrupted the villians a lot more in the anime. This is one time where it probably confused people on how stuff like this actually turned out. Great funny way of interpreting it.

I knew this will be a great way to start my Winter Break.

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 3:00 pm #

That’s great to hear ^_^

That’s what I love about the anime though- the villains aren’t as corrupted and are usually given a second chance at life :)

• Kawaii Silence December 18, 2009 at 4:45 pm #

Yeah, that’s why I enjoy the anime as well. I love villains that see the light, so to speak. Though sometimes it does leave loose ends, like this situation here. But that’s another good thing about the anime, you could find the loose ends and make a humorous doujinshi on it. ^.^

39. Brad December 18, 2009 at 10:58 am #

Love it! (though shouldn’t panel 2 read “What… what are you talking about, woman?”)

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 11:01 am #

ahaha..damn you’re right ;) Will fix it when I get the chance.

XD XD XD

40. Pokota / Raekuul December 18, 2009 at 10:43 am #

…okay then, if Setsuna behaves like that, then I guess it can’t be too hard to see Hime-chan as Pluto…

(This is what happens when you read nothing but fanfics for a week. I’ve forgotten what is and isn’t canon…)

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:55 pm #

(Who’s Hime-chan?)

• Pokota / Raekuul December 19, 2009 at 2:54 am #

Different series. The one successful crossover she’s had with Sailor Moon, she became apprentice under Setsuna.

• Chibi Jennifer December 22, 2009 at 11:23 am #

Oh ahaha, cool. I thought I was supposed to know about it XD

41. rhphan December 18, 2009 at 10:25 am #

Lol! :D It kinda feels terrible that Hotaru and her father are separated because of her sailor senshi job. D:

(C’mon gravatar be faster at uploading my icon D:)

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:54 pm #

yeah, I always enjoyed watching the relationship between the two. So sad that she never returns to him o__o

(Love your gravatar, so pretty!!)

• rhphan December 18, 2009 at 4:24 pm #

Yup. :( I wonder what happens to Hotaru’s father anyways. O_o

(Thank you! x3)

• Chibi Jennifer December 22, 2009 at 11:22 am #

At least he didn’t die like in the manga >.<

• rhphan December 25, 2009 at 4:36 am #

OMG HE DIED IN THE MANGA?! Omg I don’t like reading the manga where they use their Japanese names. Plus it’s also mixed up a bit. >_>

42. ChibiChibi-hime December 18, 2009 at 8:46 am #

In The 1ST Panel does Pluto has differnt earrings from the last panel?

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 9:07 am #

Yup :) That’s because Setsuna in the first 3 frames happens in a different time frame to the last one (she was in her human form when speaking to Professor Tomoe)

The last shot happens sometime afterwards when she is Sailor Pluto. Hope this explains it :)

43. ChibiChibi-hime December 18, 2009 at 8:44 am #

Omg Pluto u Liar!!
    Love The Comic ChibiJen great work!

44. セーラーエリス December 18, 2009 at 8:37 am #

gahhaha
    pluto always so funny to play with :D

45. Mo-chan December 18, 2009 at 8:14 am #

XDDD
    I love sseing Pluto like this XD

46. Purenightshade December 18, 2009 at 8:12 am #

The expression on Tomoe’s face is priceless.

47. KTVB December 18, 2009 at 7:35 am #

Awwww..this comic is so cute!!

I love all the expressions on Plu and baby Hotaru hahah

I really enjoy seeing Setsuna comics because you always seem to make fun of her (not in a bad way though!) Either out-of-character, or we’re seeing a different side of her.

Yay for more Hotaru and outer senshi ^^

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:50 pm #

Arigatou! ^__^

I really enjoy making fun of Pluto too :3 Although I keep most characters somewhat in-character, Pluto seems to be an exception XD

WOuld love to give Hotaru more love too, since she doesn’t get as much screentime in the anime :x

• Kawaii Silence December 18, 2009 at 4:50 pm #

You should! Hotaru is adorable. (I think that my view on that is obvious, considering my name.. and Gravatar) Anyway, one idea for Hotaru-chan is doing one on how her transformation is never shown in the anime. I don’t know how.. but yeah. :D Anyway, it doesn’t have to be super soon, since this one is on the outer senshi, though just dropping a little idea. hehe…

• Chibi Jennifer December 22, 2009 at 11:27 am #

heheh, yeah, I try to space them out a bit so the character appears once in a while instead of all of them right after each other :)

48. Lucky December 18, 2009 at 7:20 am #

Wow! The truth after all these years! :)
    Setsuna still amazes me! (“Gimme your powers!”) ^^
    Good job Jen!

49. Joine December 18, 2009 at 7:05 am #

I always wondered what force on Earth would posess Tomoe to give his daughter to some stranger.

Then again, if he saw Hotaru spourt like a little plant like she did to become Saturn again… He’d probabley have a heart attack. X3

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:45 pm #

I really..don’t ..know.. XD This question bugged me so much, but I loved that scene nevertheless 8D
      Pluto was so cool, and baby Hotaru was just like ^_____^

50. OMFGitsceline December 18, 2009 at 7:02 am #