#32 Missing from SuperS

MoonSticks #32 Missing from SuperS featuring Sailor Uranus/Haruka, Sailor Neptune/Michiru and Sailor Pluto/Setsuna of the Outer Senshi

Haruka: They’re cutting us out of Super S to give Chibiusa more screen time?
Michiru: That’s what my mirror is telling me..

Haruka: How could they?! We are the coolest characters in the show.
Michiru: *looks sad* I know.
Setsuna: *muttering under her breath* Sometimes I really hate that little brat…

[[Haruka and Michiru look shocked]]

Haruka: Didn’t you die last season??!
[[Setsuna crawls on the floor]]
Setsuna: Damn, you’re right..

169 Responses to “#32 Missing from SuperS”

1. Noel February 19, 2010 at 10:25 am #

haha this is so funny!

2. Ligaya January 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm #

I am amazed they’re shocked that Pluto’s alive, and not that she actually hates Chibiusa! XDDDDDDDDD

Aww poor Setsuna. {patpat}

• Chibi Jennifer January 10, 2010 at 6:58 pm #

ehehehe yes.. maybe they more about Pluto than we do (and that they didn’t tell us about XD)

3. Boomerang 503 January 10, 2010 at 1:32 pm #

Since Pluto is the Sailor Scout of Time, she probably regenerated like Doctor Who, while keeping her same appearance.

4. Salty-Strawberyy November 21, 2009 at 3:49 am #

Poor Pluto has some major issues with her dying all the time and coming back and the whole not being a planet thing.

• Chibi Jennifer December 9, 2009 at 11:15 pm #

Yeah..someone needs to give her a break ^^; Poor Pluto..

5. Jen November 14, 2009 at 6:08 pm #

Lol, Pluto forgetting she was dead was just priceless! XD

• Chibi Jennifer November 15, 2009 at 12:24 am #

aww, thanks ^__^!

• FIREflames April 3, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

ohhh and i rember now pluto must of made her go back and live because she is the gardian of the gates of time i must be right!!!!!!!

6. Lady Aino November 13, 2009 at 3:04 pm #

LMAO! That’s my Setsuna-sama. ^^; Don’t be sad, you exploited Toei Animation’s continuity errors and plot holes.

It sucks that the Outers were left out. Well, Haruka and Michiru did get their SuperS, but it wasn’t the same. Michiru even pondered the thought of coming back, but Haruka (of all people) stated that “They” (meaning Moon and crew) will protect the Earth just fine.

I love Hachiru, but they’re so darn lazy. I blame Toei though….

Great stuff Jenn! You’ve done it again!

• Chibi Jennifer November 13, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

lol, I love hearing your reaction to anything Pluto. haha! Your comment amuses me XD

Yes, they’re bludging! XD If Nehellenia didn’t attack them in Stars they’re probably still having fun..

7. kressa November 13, 2009 at 7:11 am #

ROFL!

8. Krystal November 10, 2009 at 3:49 am #

XDDD Setsuna <3

9. Kibou no Hikari November 10, 2009 at 2:04 am #

That was really out of character for Setsuna… But I luv it anyway!!! ^.^ I think the Dream Arc of the manga is better though because the Outers are actually there… and more Chibiusa and Helios… ^.^’

Great job, Chibi Jen.

• Chibi Jennifer November 10, 2009 at 8:59 am #

Thanks :D! I’m not too familiar with the manga so I’m probably missing out XD

10. Noa November 9, 2009 at 12:00 am #

Hilarious!!!
    That is so true. They really are the coolest and it’s a real shame we didn’t get to see them more. But the punchline really knocked me off! XD
    Great job Jennifer! Keep’em coming!

11. ChaosInuYasha November 8, 2009 at 6:05 pm #

1) Pluto is never dead to me *hugs her*
    2) I lol’d at her comment. She can’t lover her all the time lol

• Chibi Jennifer November 8, 2009 at 8:58 pm #

awww… XD
      And what did you mean about no. 2? Sorry, didn’t quite get it.

• ChaosInuYasha November 11, 2009 at 4:38 am #

Well lets say even Pluto has her patience limit and I’m sure Chibi-Usa pisses even Pluto off at times. That’s what I mean by “she cant love her all the time”.

• Chibi Jennifer November 11, 2009 at 3:55 pm #

Oh yup! Get it now! The typo slightly confused meh XD

• ChaosInuYasha November 13, 2009 at 7:44 pm #

I just realized I hit “lover” instead of “love”. Just goes to show what happens when I type half asleep/out of my gourd lol

12. Leo November 8, 2009 at 1:50 pm #

*dies from laughter* this is hilarious! I would put this one on my top 10! xD

13. Sailor Sun November 8, 2009 at 9:21 am #

I didn’t get it at first. I didn’t know that Pluto has died in SMS until I rewatched the episode again (I did that a moment ago). Poor Pluto, she is always sacrificed for the others (She is sacrificed with Saturn in SM Stars too) LOL
    Come on, Pluto shouldn’t hate Chibusa. She is her Po XD

Haruka and Michiru are completely right when they said that they are tho coolest couple *hearts* I can’t believe it. Chibiusa is such a bad colonizer hehe

I really love H&M’s expressions. They look really surprised lol
    Michiru looks kawaii. I noticed that her mirror tells her about everything lol

Great observation. It’s really a great and accurate comic ^^

P.S: I’ve visited the site on Thursday and this comic was having 62 comments! I didn’t believe how fast those people are lol ^^;;

• Chibi Jennifer November 8, 2009 at 10:22 am #

haha thanks for your comments! ^^ I didn’t realise so many people didn’t know Pluto died though… O_o..hmm..

And yeah, it’s posted in Friday in Sydney time but it’s a Thursday for many others due to timezone differences. :D You can get notified instantly when it’s posted if you subscribe to the RSS feeds, follow on Twitter or on facebook. But of course, checking back once every week is also sufficient ^_^!

14. Maya-chan November 8, 2009 at 7:24 am #

EPIC LOL! I loved it =^_^=

15. alantar November 8, 2009 at 7:20 am #

Heh. Well, Saturn and Neptune show up in one of the specials, in a manner that fuels fan speculation that Tokyo was placed in some sort of time-displacement bubble by the Dead Moon Circus. But that’s another topic.

• Chibi Jennifer November 8, 2009 at 10:23 am #

hm? Which episodes are you referring to?

• TimeSage November 8, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

I belive (s)he’s refering to “Supers Special: Haruka and Michiru, Again! The Ghostly Puppet Show” It shows us a bit of what Haruka and Michiru are up to.

16. angelixangel November 7, 2009 at 8:16 pm #

cool, as always, your comic amuses me, though some a bit confusing.

Well, it is more puzzling to see Pluto revive after dieing…

• Chibi Jennifer November 7, 2009 at 11:40 pm #

It’s okay to be confused sometimes :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have ^_^

17. Jacky November 7, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

hehe Always making fun of Pluto, but thats the most awesome thing >D

18. NQS November 7, 2009 at 11:03 am #

Yeah srsly I feel for Pluto here. I would rather the outers have their own season than Chibi-Usa. :/

But LOL at the last panel! Priceless!

• Chibi Jennifer November 7, 2009 at 3:34 pm #

heehe, thanks for the comment about the 4th frame ^_^

It would be awesome to even have a movie revolving around the outer senshi :D

19. Mermaid-sama November 7, 2009 at 2:53 am #

hahaha!! ChibiUsa sure has way too much screeentime!:( I totally love Setsuna in the last panel!xD
    Too bad they cut out the outers in superS!! When I wathed supers the first time, I was aboute to give up on SM coz Haruka never showd up. I could swear they used the outer senshi’s sundtracks in that season wich almost made me cry! T-T

I’ve been reading those every single week, and I finlly posted a comment! Yay for me!:3

• Chibi Jennifer November 7, 2009 at 9:38 am #

Hi Mermaid-sama, yay for commenting! ^____^
      Thanks for reading MoonSticks! :D

20. SailorBunnyTiger November 6, 2009 at 11:55 pm #

lol! at least you come back in Sailor Stars, Pluto! :D

21. alice November 6, 2009 at 10:07 pm #

UGH I hate all the Chibiusa screentime… OUTERS > CHIBIUSA all the way!

• Chibi Jennifer November 7, 2009 at 9:35 am #

Probably why many seemed to like SuperS season the least ._.

22. Travis November 6, 2009 at 6:03 pm #

OmG!
    That is rather amazing Jen! Oh poor Pluto! Oh Outer Senshi :(

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 6:46 pm #

Thanks so much for your idea Digilee :D!

Glad you like how it turned out ^_^

23. Allanah November 6, 2009 at 5:42 pm #

Lol, funny. Great jod Jen. ^_^

24. Caroline November 6, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

I don’t know what the reason that Pluto have life again.
    But this comic is cute :)
    I love it ^_^

25. Chris November 6, 2009 at 4:02 pm #

I don’t think Pluto dies in that helicopter scene..she stops time and when the explosion happens she is brought back to her time gate. Hence when Chibi Usa sees Plutos image while chasing her hat Pluto has warped clocks all around her.

At least thats what I thought.

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 4:09 pm #

Oh, it’s interesting you thought of it that way with the clocks.

Stopping time is forbidden though and doing so would cost her her life..

• fraises November 6, 2009 at 5:05 pm #

Yeah, that’s kinda what I thought too. I never thought she actually died… cuz how was it explained when they came back in the last season?

I still think your comics are awesome though :)

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 6:44 pm #

Thanks! ^_^

But yeh, I’m pretty certain she’s supposed to have died..

26. SerenityMoonGodness November 6, 2009 at 3:28 pm #

lol! Very funny

27. chibi-toria November 6, 2009 at 2:50 pm #

NOOOOO!!!!!!!! HOW COULD THEY CUT THEM OUT?!!!! >:OOOOO SCARY :{

28. Pokota / Raekuul November 6, 2009 at 2:39 pm #

In the Manga, Setsuna didn’t die uniquely from dealing with the Death Busters, but rather as a direct result of stopping time to prevent Prince Diamond from making the two copies of the Silver Crystal touch.

So yeah, the reincarnation of Setsuna Meioh for StarS is anime-specific. She was already re-created (maybe?) for S in the Manga, according to the battle with Tellu.

Also, time travel is fjording confusing.

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

haha, thanks for your insights :) The manga does seem to be more complex (esp with time and death stuff..)

29. MintBunny November 6, 2009 at 2:20 pm #

Haha, Uranus and Neptune’s priceless expressions.

30. Lu November 6, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

I really think SuperS would have been stronger if the outers were in the season at some point! :( Chibiusa really has too much screentime. SM:R was basically for Chibiusa, and she her friendship with Hotaru was very relevant near the end of SM:S, does she REALLY need a whole arc about her?

<3 That you give Setsuna a lot of personality in your comics heh, and oddly enough it suits her (she didn't seem to get much character development in the anime).

Oh and, they def are the coolest characters in the series. :P

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 2:11 pm #

haha thanks Lu! ^_^
      It would be nice to give them guest appearances :)! Something like what they did in Sailor Stars was good. Starlights got all the attention, but seriously the story was brought to a whole new level once the Outer Senshi got into the picture ;)

And yes, I’ve been pretty nice to Pluto so far… XD XD

31. Joshuah November 6, 2009 at 12:55 pm #

OMG LOL! hahahahahahahahaha! Thanks for giving me a great laugh on by birthday!

32. SnowFoxCreations November 6, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

I often wonder about the issue of Setsuna’s death in the anime. :/ I think that the writers were just hoping that no one would notice…

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:19 pm #

Yeaaaaaaaa….. She died, and then.. eh, she just snuck back in XD

33. ShadowWolf0010 November 6, 2009 at 12:28 pm #

I agree with Haruka, they should have been in the 4th season as well. I don’t mind the whole love thing that Chibiusa and Pegasus/Helios but they could have sneak the outer senshi in a episode some where just not in the special episode.

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

Yeh, an episode or 2 appearance would be nice but I guess it clashes with the rest of the story.

But..they’re Sailor Sensh!! XD Can they really just sit back and have a holiday while the others are fighting to save the planet? XD

Special episode would have been good…except the budget was so low, the drawings were ugly >.<

• Sailor Sun November 8, 2009 at 9:34 am #

I completely agree with you about the drawing. It was the worst. The best drawing was in Stars. It was awesome..

Pluto reappears is Stars season. But how she came back and when was her first appearance after her death.. this is the things I want to know..

• TimeSage November 8, 2009 at 6:34 pm #

Technically, they can sit back. The Outer Senshi have the job of Guarding the Solar System from outside threats. Queen Nehellina and the Dead Moon circus originate from within the Solar System thus they don’t have to lift a finger. And there was a special episode featuring them. I mentioned further down the page.

• Chibi Jennifer November 8, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

I mean yesh technically they can sit back.. but what if earth is destroyed?? XD What if their Princess dies?

• TimeSage December 19, 2009 at 6:18 am #

Then they get to put all the guilt on the Guardian Senshi (or inners if you prefer, Guaridan is more canon) in the afterlife <.<

• Lucie April 16, 2010 at 10:33 am #

then they gather their talisman together and awaken Saturn who will put an end to everything, as they did in the first arch :)

34. Shenanigans November 6, 2009 at 12:27 pm #

*Laughter in background*

Hold on… I need to regain my breath…HAHAHA!…*gasp* There! Hopefully I’m done now

On to buisness…

This one is really funny!I especially love the last two panels! The shocked look on Michiru and Hakura’s face made me laugh. But the part where Setsuna’s on the floor and said “Damn, you’re right…” made me laugh even harder. Oh no, I think i’m getting the giggles again! XD

(When did Setsuna re-appear after that?)

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

=D! Thanks!

And um… after Pluto’s death in S, Pluto appears in the SuperS movie I think.. It never explains why/how she resurrected and it looks like no one questioned why she’s alive ^^;; No one seems happy about it, either, lol.

• Kawaii Silence November 6, 2009 at 2:02 pm #

In the manga I believe she says that Neo-Queen Serenity resurrected her or something. But yeah, it doesn’t give anything in the anime.

• Shenanigans November 7, 2009 at 3:50 pm #

It’s weird how they just leave big plotholes and cliffhangers. They should’ve added more stuff in the anime to make it better. Or at least make it the way how the manga went. I think the manga was better

• Kawaii Silence November 8, 2009 at 5:15 am #

I like the anime better. Maybe that was what I was first introduced to. I think it would have been weird if it went exactly the way the manga went. I think the storyline fits for an animeverse. It would of been… different if it went by the manga. Its like for a movie and book, movies have to cut certain stuff and go a little differently because some stuff won’t fit if it was on the big screen. But I agree with it not having as much plotholes and stuff, and with some much buffer and adding stuff it could of kept certain things like the Quartet Senshi.

I like both anime and manga for what they are. Neither is perfect in my eyes, but different ways of viewing Sailor Moon is awesome and I appreciate it is one of the mangas that have an anime after it.

• TimeSage November 8, 2009 at 6:24 pm #

The SuperS Movies is viewed as Non Canon. It doesn’t fit into the canon because when Pluto comes back in Stars, Neptune and Uranus are shocked to see her. Had she come back in during the SuperS movie in canon, they would be no shock.

35. the_rami November 6, 2009 at 12:08 pm #

LOL LOL LOL. Poor Pluto. XD

36. Brad November 6, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Haha! You should include something about the Sailor Quartet not awakening in the anime as well. :D

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:30 pm #

And the list goes on…

LOL
      SO many things don’t make sense because it didn’t follow the manga storyline XD At least the anime still made sense without them..but Pluto..

(Thanks for the RT!)

37. Kawaii Silence November 6, 2009 at 11:14 am #

Yahh!!! An Outers comic! No Hotaru though, but I guess she will still be a baby. ^.^ And that’s funny, Setsuna’s dark little thoughts. ;p It is too bad they cut out them out in SuperS. I loved the Outer family chapter in the Dream (SuperS) arc in the manga. Yeah, but I love Chibiusa as my favorite character, so I have nothing against her.

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:29 pm #

hehee yeh.. I should include Hotaru more in these comics xD She really doesn’t have much screen time at all (she should be the one complaining xD)

I like Chibiusa too!

38. Sailorcancer November 6, 2009 at 11:08 am #

LOL!

You have to do something about the SuperS movie and the outer senshi and Pluto being there.

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

lol, it joke behind it is similar, aye? xD

• SenshiRoseSword November 8, 2009 at 7:23 am #

I loved it as usual, also I like Sailorcancer’s idea about the SuperS movie ^^

39. Katherine November 6, 2009 at 10:29 am #

Awww, poor Chibi-usa!

Pretty funny though XD

40. A Fan November 6, 2009 at 10:25 am #

Well, if anyone’s going to forget that she died a bit ago, it’d be Setsuna. :P

41. jumpyham November 6, 2009 at 10:24 am #

…..I thought that Pluu was Chibiusa’s nanny. O_o Shocking, what she thinks behind her back!
    Although, yes, cutting the outers from the 4th wasn’t a smart move. XP

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:25 pm #

O______O.

xD
      Totally out-of-character but amusing anyway XD

42. Rissa November 6, 2009 at 9:14 am #

This is my favorite moonsticks thus far.

43. Usagi November 6, 2009 at 9:05 am #

HAHAHAHA I LOVE THIS ONE :D i hate that brat to pluto ;)

44. Suzana November 6, 2009 at 9:02 am #

:))) i like this one :d

45. ama17 November 6, 2009 at 9:00 am #

Love it! that is so true… ;p

46. lovely_seraph November 6, 2009 at 8:59 am #

<3 love love love

47. Vixums November 6, 2009 at 8:14 am #

Hahah, it’s true, having Pluto show any kind of emotion is rare from what I remember XD I would’ve loved if they kept all the scouts together as they found them, I was a bit surprised to see that these three were a bit… apart from the other scouts. Very cute comic!

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:16 pm #

Yeh..I thought the same too! But I guess they are of a different league to the others. Makes them cooler anyways XD

48. KTVB November 6, 2009 at 7:50 am #

lol XD XD XD Plu seems to out of character here but her ghostly/deadly appearance is so amusing XD

haha soo funny that Haruka and Michiru are more shocked to see her alive rather than the comment she made XD

Good work!!

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:13 pm #

Thanks!! Maybe there’s something Haruka and Michiru aren’t telling us about XD

No one seems to care Pluto comes back ;_;

49. セーラーエリス November 6, 2009 at 7:39 am #

LOL
    haruka be a good girl to the old hag over there :P

lol setsuna saying this is like it terribly wrong with her :P hahah like PMSing maybe :p

and ruka is so true about SS season they should have a part in it as well:P

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:11 pm #

I love Setsuna..she’s so fun to mock in comics I almost always pity her XD XD

50. Mothwing November 6, 2009 at 7:20 am #

xD Haruka is so right xD They deserve their own Season. I really love your comics here ^^

• Chibi Jennifer November 6, 2009 at 1:10 pm #

Thanks for your comment Mothwing! :D

(Pretty gravatar you’ve got btw!)

• Jen November 6, 2009 at 3:06 pm #

You know that season as “Revolutionary Girl Utena”

• LadyUranus April 1, 2010 at 1:23 pm #

So, so true. Suddenly my love for crossdressing girl anime makes sense.