#17 Sailor Moon’s Power-Up!

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #17 - Sailor Moon's Power-Up! featuring Sailor Moon, Super Sailor Moon, Eternal Sailor Moon and Special Eternal Queen Sailor Moon

[[Sailor Moon is standing there happily posing.]]

[[Super Sailor Moon is standing there posing with a smile.]]

[[Eternal Sailor Moon is posing but slightly unstable and wobbling]]

[[Over-the-top-super-crazy Sailor Moon powered up fallen to a side]]
Sailor Moon: Can’t.. move

207 Responses to “#17 Sailor Moon’s Power-Up!”

1. Joine December 19, 2009 at 6:11 am #

Is the form in panel 4 just made-up?

Because I remember an online gift shop called Setsunakou, and they made dolls fo the scouts in the forms of..

Original
    Super
    Eternal
    Infinity(?!)

So, is the last one based off the possiblely non-existant infinty form? XD

• Chibi Jennifer December 19, 2009 at 9:20 am #

The last one was completely made-up rubbish xD

Never knew about the Infinity form, lol.

2. NiRo~luff November 1, 2009 at 5:19 pm #

What’s funny is that a lot of fanon fuku upgrades tend to look like that. XD

Maybe it’s cause they’re magical clothes that it’s not as tiring to wear as it would probably be in real life.

• Chibi Jennifer November 2, 2009 at 10:14 am #

lol..maybe.. but even so- it looks pretty impractical, XD

3. SS123 October 14, 2009 at 7:20 pm #

This has got to be one of my favorites!!! I love how her smile gets smaller every time. :P (I’m personally a fan of the first season’s outfit; I dislike how they get more and more elaborate.)

• Chibi Jennifer October 14, 2009 at 7:49 pm #

Thanks for your lovely compliment! Appreciate the support :D

4. Kibou no Hikari October 10, 2009 at 4:12 pm #

And this is why I love Super Sailor Moon’s fuku (I like the one in the 3rd season better because of the back bow/butterfly wings but I like the one in the 4th season too). Eternal Sailor Moon’s wings knocked over plates and stuff in one episode!!

This may also be the reason why Sailor Moon fought Galaxia naked in the last episode: the fuku is to heavy and it’s overkill. Her weapons get heavier and more elaborate too, don’t they?

Excellent work as always!!

• Chibi Jennifer October 10, 2009 at 4:18 pm #

lol, love your comment about Usagi fighting Galaxia naked XD Got a good point there.

I loved how they made her wings knock and break everything in her house. It’s pretty comical yet true and possible XD

5. Lt-Settai-Tenshi September 27, 2009 at 1:25 pm #

Moon Eternal Make Up always seemed to be overkill to me…..

• Chibi Jennifer September 27, 2009 at 10:27 pm #

Interesting that in the final battle against Galaxia, she fought her..naked!

• Lt-Settai-Tenshi October 8, 2009 at 9:20 am #

Too right! A breath of fresh air….and a nice breeze to boot!

6. Caroline September 25, 2009 at 3:26 pm #

Well, this is one of my favorite comic on MoonSticks. I think this comic (Sailor Moon’s Power-Up!) is very sweet. Love your comic! >w<

7. Peter September 2, 2009 at 11:33 pm #

Poor Usagi:(

• Chibi Jennifer September 3, 2009 at 10:40 am #

At least they didn’t start giving her make up and stuff too..lol.. “Make-Up” taken literally ;)

• TimeSage May 8, 2010 at 5:37 am #

Then you haven’t watched the transformation sequences close enough. The first action is they get nail polish. Not quite sure WHY Since they ware gloves but they do. Moon’s is too sparkly to show this but the Mangaka’s sketchs showed they all have them. The outers go beyond this and gives them lipstick as part of the transformation.

8. Noa August 8, 2009 at 6:15 pm #

So true. ^^
    It reminds me of Digimon a little bit.

• Chibi Jennifer August 8, 2009 at 11:42 pm #

ahaha yeh, and anything that evolves and gets bigger and bigger.

9. kuroitenshi August 3, 2009 at 1:54 am #

THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Sometimes less is more and this couldn’t have been said any better. Also, not to other people on here, if I recall at least in the anime she could use them to fly she only did it like twice though. I almost want to draw Sailormoon with so much stuff people cross their eyes to see it all.

• Chibi Jennifer August 3, 2009 at 1:48 pm #

hehe thank you ^_^

I think she only used them to fly once in stars (she took off into the sky to save Mamoru from Nehellenia)..except her wings didn’t move so maybe it wasn’t the wings that made her fly.

She flies in the final battle against Galaxia, but they weren’t the same Eternal wings.

10. Shenanigans July 24, 2009 at 1:11 am #

That was great Chibi-chan I thought only her weapons get heavier but now that you think about it…I bet ESM was dragging herself down with all the weight every time she transforms!

• Chibi Jennifer July 24, 2009 at 10:00 am #

haha yesh, her weapons do heavier and heavier! bigger and longer too ^^;

11. Kirin no Rei 77 July 22, 2009 at 8:56 pm #

Geez, you’re on 17 already? 0_0 I’ve been gone too long. I like this one a lot because I totally agree with it. When I was younger, I always remember getting pissed off because Sailor Moon’s transformations kept getting more and more ridiculous. That anorexic bitch can’t possibly be that strong! Keep up the good work. :)

• AnimatedEvey47 July 22, 2009 at 8:56 pm #

Yeah the especially overdid the upgrade for Eternal Sailor Moon. I liked the Super upgrade but the Eternal was too much. She barely used the freaking wings!!!

• Chibi Jennifer July 22, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

She got better (more detailed) and animated wings in her final battle. Made her Eternal fuku look completely pointless XD

• Chibi Jennifer July 22, 2009 at 8:59 pm #

hehee… thanks Kirin no Rei 77! Yeah, I can’t believe it’s been about 4 months since I started :) Hope I can continue producing these :)

12. kressa July 22, 2009 at 3:37 am #

hahahaha the last panel’s great. i love her expression and i’m all late coming to read this :P

13. Lu July 21, 2009 at 9:56 am #

Poor Usagi…. It must be a challenge to learn to walk in a heavier outfit every season.

I also think her Super Sailor fuku is the best. Her Eternal fuku bugged me because it had too many solid colours. Also her transformation sequence changed from Ribbons > Feathers > Hearts > Butterflies > Sparklies > Feathers again.

Also, why didn’t the other senshi get a Eternal fuku!? :(

• Chibi Jennifer July 21, 2009 at 10:37 am #

hehe…shouldn’t you be happy the others didn’t get Eternal fuku? XD Otherwise they’d all get solid colors.

I did find it odd that she had wings in her crystal henshin, which was used quite early on the series…and then recycled.

• Mierna July 29, 2009 at 6:58 pm #

They do get such uniforms in the manga. :)

• Chibi Jennifer July 29, 2009 at 7:24 pm #

Minus the wings ^_^;

• Sailor_Lyoko June 9, 2010 at 10:38 am #

I’m planning a fanfic where they get eternal fukus with wings :D

14. Hanajima July 21, 2009 at 7:01 am #

Keep on your good work! I love the humor and the good quality of your illustrations!

15. Sailor Gold Rabbit July 20, 2009 at 6:43 am #

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! XD I love how you can always make Usagi look so cute!

• Chibi Jennifer July 20, 2009 at 9:55 am #

Nice to see you again! Was wondering where you were XD Too use to seeing you the first ones to comment. hehee :)

16. SerenityMoonGodness July 19, 2009 at 10:54 pm #

very funny cute comic! Great work! :D

17. Chibi-Toria July 19, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

OMG!!!! poor usagi!!! i hope she doesnt drown in all those sailor suits!!!

• Chibi Jennifer July 20, 2009 at 9:53 am #

ehehe..maybe secretly it’s training her strength ;)

18. Cumi July 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

LMFAO thats so true i alwasy did wonder about that, i was thought if like thier high heels make them tried and stuff haha :)

• Chibi Jennifer July 20, 2009 at 9:52 am #

lol! I’m someone who can’t really wear heels so every time I see Mars run around quickly..I think ‘wow, impressive!” XD Very impractical though..

19. DrummerChick July 19, 2009 at 12:35 am #

Very nice Chibi-chan! Poor Usagi… I wonder if the other senshi ever feel left out with not having any major upgrades (wow, bigger bow and heart shaped locket. Time to party for that XD )

Once again, very well done!

• Chibi Jennifer July 19, 2009 at 12:48 am #

haha, it’s funny to look at it that way.. Imagine the girls complaining about their outfits etc XD

Thanks for checking out Moonsticks once again DrummerChick :D!

• TimeSage September 3, 2009 at 2:53 pm #

They got more powerups in the Manga. 3 uniforms. 4 henshin commands for the inners (Name Power, Name Star Power, Name Planet Power (The Outer’s using it makes more sense now doesn’t it!) and Name Crystal power. They used Crystal twice though, Both second and 3rd uniforms used it.) outers started with the 3rd command. Though the heart broach appeared one arc eailer, once the outers starting getting along with the inners, they all got heart brooches to signify this.

20. Sailor Sun July 18, 2009 at 8:21 pm #

“Special Eternal Queen Sailor Moon” is a great idea^^
    I noticed that when a new season comes the name gets longer, similar to the outfit. Every season it gets heavier lol

That’s awesome, like usual..
    I really like how you come to such ideas^^

WE WANT MORE!!
    WE WANT MORE!!
    XD XD

• Chibi Jennifer July 19, 2009 at 12:34 am #

Thanks Sailor Sun! =] It’s good to see you here every week!

21. Mierna July 18, 2009 at 4:28 pm #

Yeah, you’ve done well for designing a uniform even more decorative than the Eternal uniform. :D It always looks fun to design your own powers for all those girls who can transform. <3

• Chibi Jennifer July 19, 2009 at 12:33 am #

ehehe..yesh. Though you gotta wonder to what extent can they actually power-up without looking waaaaayyy over the top ^^;

22. Vivien July 18, 2009 at 9:56 am #

Ever since I found this site… I look forward to them every week!
    I love this!

23. Serena July 18, 2009 at 9:26 am #

Lol this one is just amazing. <3

24. Kristin July 18, 2009 at 8:19 am #

That was perfect. I always thought her outfits were heavy, how does she carry it all?

• Chibi Jennifer July 18, 2009 at 9:02 am #

haha thank you!~
      It would make sense if her outfit made her move around quicker or something ^^; But it seems more power = more prettiness :D

25. jade July 18, 2009 at 1:42 am #

is the last one manga only?

• jade July 18, 2009 at 1:44 am #