[Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal]

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal 2014 anime

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal premiered on 5th July 2014 at (6AM EST) and is streamed simultaneously worldwide online for free via Hulu/Neon Alley, Crunchyroll and NicoNico. It will be aired on the first and third Saturday of every month (not necessarily fortnightly)!

It is a fresh reboot and not a continuation of the old 90s anime. Naoko Takeuchi (original creator) is heavily involved in the new production so the story & character designs will follow closely to the manga.

Where can I watch Sailor Moon Crystal for free?

You can watch Sailor Moon Crystal online for free and legally here:
Crunchyroll - available in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America (Central & South America including Mexico)
Hulu/NeonAlley - available for US residents
NicoNico* – available worldwide (Subtitled in 12 different languages with the original Japanese audio)
*Only the first two episodes are available for free via NicoNico.

Download the hola.org Chrome Extension to access all streaming sites restricting your country.

What happens if I missed an episode? Can I still watch it afterward?

YES. You can still watch the episode afterwards with the same links above.

Will Sailor Moon Crystal cover the entire series? Will we get to see Chibiusa, the Outer Senshi etc?

Sailor Moon Crystal follows the manga act for act, so it’s very likely that Sailor Moon Crystal will cover the Dark Moon Arc. If the series does well, we may get more in the future covering the later arcs! Remember to support the series! :D

Where can I find Sailor Moon Crystal goods to buy?

Visit our Sailor Moon Crystal Shopping Guide for links to buy!

Official Sailor Moon Crystal Trailer:

Sailor Moon Crystal Opening Theme: Moon Pride

Opening theme: Moon Pride by Momoiro Clover Z [Order the single here]
Closing theme: Moon Rainbow by Momoiro Clover Z

Voice cast:
Sailor Moon/ Usagi Tsukino: Mitsuishi Kotono (reprising role)
Sailor Mercury/ Ami Mizuno : Hisako Kanemoto
Sailor Mars/ Rei Hino: Rina Satō
Sailor Jupiter/ Makoto Kino: Ami Koshimizu
Sailor Venus/ Minako Aino : Shizuka Ito
Luna: Ryo Hirohashi
Tuxedo Mask: Kenji Nojima

Episodes: 26
Duration: 30 minutes (including ads)

Director:Munehisa Sakai
Composer:Yuji Kobayashi
Character Design: Yukie Sakou
Art Director: Takashi Kurahashi/Yumi Hosaka
Music:Yasuharu Takanashi

Official Sailor Moon Website

Feel free to discuss below, or check out our Sailor Moon Crystal comics!

205 Responses to “[Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal]”

1. Chibi Jennifer October 22, 2014 at 10:46 am #

My thoughts on Sailor Moon Crystal Act 8~ Minako Sailor V:

-Overall I thought it was great. It was intense, there was some great plot development and need I say… Minako was pretty cool! *__*

-Epic transformation sequence :D I was particularly amused how she didn’t say her phrase before transforming (I guess it’s to avoid spoilers)

-Loved the little Venus x Kunzite moment! These subtle hints are great!

-Artemis with green eyes…hmmm (Old anime had blue eyes) I’m not quite used to this yet.. but more-so his new voice. He sounds really old XD

– I actually found the Sailor Moon x Tuxedo Kamen kissing scene the weirdest part of the episode. I know that it’s an unpopular opinion (everyone LOVES this scene) but to me it felt really off… I still think the romance/relationship between the two portaged in Crystal (and manga) to be my least favourite part of the new reboot. It feels a bit over-the-top.

-Some strange drawing/color errors found but hopefully they’ll fix in the Blu Ray release (Her blue bow turns red in a few frames @_@ Her Sailor fuku also switches between having three white strips and one, though it should always only have one)

-Can’t wait for the next ep! These cliff-hanging endings!!! XD

2. JRiVe October 6, 2014 at 3:41 am #

You should do a comic strip about Venus’s hair at the end of episode 7 of Crystal…

• Chibi Jennifer October 9, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

haha yeah~ though I want to see if I can make a comic based on general idea/plot of Sailor Moon Crystal, as oppose to specific scenes… but I guess I’ll have to see :3

• Horosha October 9, 2014 at 5:46 pm #

You could do a strip about how rushed the romance seems to be between Usagi and Mamoru. Say something like this:

Sailor Mars; How dare you treat our leader like that, you male pig!

Sailor Mercury: Can’t you two see you only just met?

Sailor Jupiter: He does look like my senpei.

Sailor Moon: Everyone, it isn’t like that! We have been lovers forever!

Tuxedo Mask: Yes, we are eternal lovers (he holds up the gold leash attached to the cat collar around Sailor Moon’s neck) every since I brought her at the Moon Kingdom Slave Auction. You get the best girl slaves there. They even come with a 90 day warranty.

• JRiVe October 10, 2014 at 4:34 am #

Something more general…

Maybe something related to how fast the new senshi are joining? I mean, 1 new guardian per ever 1 or 2 days is… wow, they must be so lucky to find them so fast!!

3. V_Lix October 5, 2014 at 8:20 am #

zomg Act 7 is…. something. Lots of bits and pieces that I love, but some that stuck out upon my first of many, many watches to me are :

1. “Usako” and “Mamo-chan” nicknames (idk why but it feels sweeter than how the nicknames are said in the original, my stomach pretty much turned into a butterfly farm when they said it to each other xD)

2. Queen Beryl is not as dedicated to Queen Metalia as she is in the original as far as I can remember (how she wants the world and Ginzuishou to herself kinda reminds me of PGSM’s Beryl, making her having a personality rather than just being Queen Metalia’s pawn), though I might be wrong on this one since I don’t do that many re-run of the first season of the original anime xD apologies and correct me if I am mistaken though..

3. Tuxedo Kamen fighting using his fist rather than his trademark red rose is kinda cool. (I think this also marks the first time that he actually fights in the series ? I mean besides just appearing every now and then and helping Sailor Moon)

4. Finally – Sailor Venus is here, completing the Inner Senshi (her transformation looks great from the preview though, kinda different from the original, compared to the other 3, but we’ll see)

5. I gotta say the funniest (and maybe my favourite) part is Umino creeping up on the girls. Doesn’t he remind you of someone ? Hint : 2 oranges and a banana xDDD

• Chibi Jennifer October 5, 2014 at 5:41 pm #

haha glad you enjoyed it! :D I actually had some mixed feelings about the episode ^^” For some reason I don’t really like Usagi’s portrayal in Sailor Moon Crystal as much as the old 90s anime. Maybe I’m too used to the old one. She seems SO IN LOVE with Mamoru, but it feels kind of unnatural to me… though I can see what they’re trying to do.. It’s supposed to be because they’re destined to be together and all that, but it feels a bit cheesy to me XD

I think you’re right about Queen Beryl and Metalia. I think it’s more interesting that she wants the pwoers for herself (yes, similar to PGSM version Beryl)

Yay for Venus :D

• V_Lix October 5, 2014 at 6:47 pm #

Hahaha I know that feeling as well. I, too, personally prefer the old one. I’m guessing it’s because Sailor Moon Crystal’s a bit too fast-paced for me that Usagi’s overall character growth – including her romance with Mamoru, seems a bit rushed and unnatural. Even PGSM’s Usagi still has it more naturally in the love department than that of Crystal’s imo. It’s just that “they are meant to be together” logic that allows me to accept such hurried romance XDD

• pikachu jigglypuff October 7, 2014 at 1:53 am #

Yeah. At first I thought it was a little weird to see every one drawn differently( especially the eyes) but eventually I accepted that this was a fresh anime. Although I really want Venus to appear soon!

• Horosha October 9, 2014 at 6:25 am #

Konnichiwa mina-san,

I agree with the rush feeling of Crystal so far. It seems it was decided early they were going to stick as close to the manga story as much as possible, so with only a few changes, like the Generals not being killed off like cardboard cutouts, this is what they are doing. Now, they are trying to make up for it by having both Mamoru and Usagi have the same dreams and trying to play up the fact that they are the reincarnations of two lovers, trying to short-cut to not only they are destined for each other, but to emphasize the fact these two are already deeply in love with each other.

Also this was a manga done in the early 90s, so expect some of more traditional romantic tendencies of that times to show up. While Sailor Moon was about girl power and a girl team fighting for love and justice, some of the early storyline of the manga was traditional.

• Chibi Jennifer October 9, 2014 at 12:24 pm #

Yeah, there’s definitely a lot of the ‘traditional’ elements in there ^^” I guess I’ll just have to try and embrace it for full enjoyment XD I’m loving Sailor Moon Crystal, but I don’t really like what they’re doing with Usagi and Mamoru. I feel like things escalated way too quickly in the last episode (the part when Tuxedo Mask says the one thing he wishes for the most is Usako XDDD) Felt a bit over the top melodramatic. They barely know each other..

• Chibi Jennifer October 9, 2014 at 12:19 pm #

Yeah I’m used to the new style now :D

4. Chibi Jennifer August 2, 2014 at 10:57 pm #

Sailor Moon Act 3 is finally out!! I personally really enjoyed this one~ we finally get to meet Rei-chan!! :D
    Here are some of my thoughts…

– Sailor Mars’s transformation sequence LOOKS AMAZING. OMG! She also gets this really cool music to go with it and it just works together so well.

– Her introductory pose/speech was a bit strange…. especially her face when she’s posing with her arms above her head ^^”

– Rei’s personality stuck pretty closely to the manga. I think it’s a fresh approach and she definitely gave off a very mysterious/beautiful vibe. Heck, even Ami thinks she’s beautiful XD I think I’m going to miss her feisty personality from the original anime though. Her personality also seems drastically different from Mars of PGSM. Hopefully her character remains interesting for the rest of the series..

– There’s definitely some Mars/Jadeite pairing going on!! The hints don’t seem too subtle.. XD I wonder how far they want to make them more “canon..”? I couldn’t help but keep wondering if it was the end of Jadeite this episode. Looks like he’s still alive though!

– I love all the shots of Jadeite, Nephrite and Zoisite :D

– The plot seems to be moving along much quicker~ hopefully we still get a nicely paced and fleshed out story (I’m always worried it might feel too rushed)

– Still enjoying the Mamoru scenes :)

– Disappointed with the lack of new clips for the next episode preview…. It gives me the impression that they havent worked on the next episode much XD

– All in all, I found the episode really enjoyable :D I hope everyone else liked it as much as I did!

• FateAkemi August 3, 2014 at 11:20 am #

” I think I’m going to miss her feisty personality from the original anime though”

Agreed… I’m going to miss fighting between Rei and Usagi… but still I admit I like this new Rei… and I called it that her personality is going to be closer to manga than anime.

• Horosha August 3, 2014 at 5:06 pm #

I watched episode three a couple of times so I could get a good look at everything:

1. Whoa! Hearts appearing in Usagi’s eyes at her first sight of seeing Rei. This reaction is much higher on the love-love register than any other Usagi meeting Rei for the first time in any other of anime or manga. It makes you wonder if this is some sort of prelude down the road.

2. Clearly Rei’s personality for the new anime has been soften a little, she isn’t the fiery bitch from the original anime nor is she the Iron Maiden of the manga. In the manga Rei was happy with her isolation and individuality, going so far as to threaten to leave the team unless Luna came up with a good reason for her to stay. Much like Ami, this Rei is unhappy with her uniqueness, she finds the allure of being with other girls like herself to be appealing and being Sailor Mars an destiny she can accept as long as she is with the others.

3. I did miss the original ending gag of this story, Tux Boy driving the bus in to take all the victims and rescuers out of the dissolving world. Mamoru role in this episode was trimmed down to observer.

4, I’m not sure if Jadeite is dead or not. Having both Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars nailing him together as great. If Jadeite does survive, do we see the side story from the manga being used here?

5. I did enjoy that Usagi got the wrist communcators from the Sailor V game.

6. I do find it interesting they are using the shrine layout from the manga instead of the anime. It makes since although I was always charmed by the layout in the original anime.

7. Of course we get the gag of Rei nailing Usagi with the paper charm and the gag where Luna and Usagi are talking to each other while Mamoru is sitting right next to them.

8. I like the way Ami is still a little dazed by herself being Sailor Mercury, but she is quickly able to help Luna to track down Usagi when the bus takes her into the other world.

• SailorStar9 August 3, 2014 at 11:32 pm #

Just watched the 3rd episode last night, and at least one good thing that came out of it: they *finally* got rid of Mamoru’s tacky green jacket! *lolz* But what I really want is for them to expand the Shittenou/Senshi story.

5. Wing Zero July 7, 2014 at 9:50 am #

I love the episode. My favorite part was the transformation and opening credits. I didn’t like the backgrounds that much. They reminded my of a half finished painting.

• Chibi Jennifer July 7, 2014 at 11:34 am #

YESSS I loved the opening and transformation parts ^^ They were my favourite bits too :3

6. nova July 7, 2014 at 6:14 am #

I watched it yesterday and I thought it was pretty good for a first episode — especially considering all the crazy moonies (myself included) who were both thrilled and scared for this new series. I loved the fact that Usagi is more mature and mellow like she was in the manga, and the only real problem that I had when I was watching was the voice her short-haired classmate had! >.< Really grating! Other than that — loved! Can't wait for Rei! Love Manga Rei and can't wait to see her animated!

• nova July 7, 2014 at 6:17 am #

And to clarify — I don’t mean Naru-chan! It was one of the two girls they were on the bench with, who I’m sure had a name but I don’t remember it.

• Chibi Jennifer July 7, 2014 at 11:31 am #

haha yes! There was one girl who had a very..very odd voice ^^”” But I guess I didn’t let it bother me since she’s not an important character (she’s nameless..lol)

• JRiVe July 10, 2014 at 3:05 am #

Those two friends of Usagi, aside of Naru, that appear on the first episode of Crystal appear on the manga too and are named; the long-haired one is named Yumiko, and the short-haired one is Kuri.

7. Andy July 7, 2014 at 5:50 am #

I watched it yesterday! Turned out pretty cool and true to the manga! And I liked the voice acting too (except I think Mamoru’s voice should be a bit more, I dunno… suave).

The only problem is that Crunchyroll’s streaming kept crapping out on me… >_<'

• Chibi Jennifer August 2, 2014 at 10:53 am #

Ah..yeah I had that issue with Crunchyroll as well! Don’t seem to have any issues on hulu though :3

8. pikachu jigglypuff July 6, 2014 at 10:18 am #

Yay! New episode so awesome!

9. V_Lix July 5, 2014 at 9:10 pm #

Just finished streaming – it is actually not too shabby at all ! Kinda nostalgic but fresh at the same time. Sure the jokes are not as funny as the classic ones (they did tell us that the target audiences would be older fans), but they still did a pretty decent job on that. Totally awesome ! x)

Still getting used to the character designs, though. But no doubt they’re all so pretty ! 8D The colours are easy on the eyes as well imo. We also finally get to see the shoes Princess Serenity’s wearing xD I wish 2 weeks could come sooner ! Looking forward to ep 2 now !

What do you think Chibi-Jen ? Does it live up to your expectation ? Hehee :[)

• Chibi Jennifer July 6, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Was not disappointed at all.. In fact, I was totally blown away by the opening credits and the transformation :D :D :D I also really like the opening and ending songs ‘Moon Pride’ and ‘Moon Rainbow’ ^___^

The new art style still takes some time to get used to, but overall I’m very happy :D

and OMG, Tuxedo Kamen is hot! XDDD Can’t wait to watch more ^^ I’ve actually watched it three times now (and the opening on repeat) heheh!

• V_Lix July 6, 2014 at 6:46 pm #

The opening is so cool aye ! Especially during the Dark Kingdom part omg asdfghjkl !! I like the songs too, and the ending is so nice and calm.

Hahaha yea I’ve been rewatching it over and over again and the more I watch, the more I can’t wait for the 2nd episode ! I really like the teaser to the next one at the end of the episode with the cameo appearance of…. a certain someone xD

• Chibi Jennifer July 6, 2014 at 6:49 pm #

Can’t seem to get enough ^____^ I’m super thrilled that we’re all enjoying it so much too :D Was getting worried that it would be a let down after all the delays…

Ami Ami Ami Ami! woo!

• V_Lix July 6, 2014 at 7:10 pm #

Exactly ! Moreover since I’m not a huge fan of the original manga’s art style. But now that I’ve seen it, guess I can live with that : )

Yaaayyyy we’re just at the first episode but I can’t contain all the hype ! x)

10. pikachu jigglypuff July 3, 2014 at 3:07 am #

I’m sad because I don’t have any of those servers or channels to watch it, but hopefully the internet will come through.

• Chibi Jennifer July 6, 2014 at 12:18 pm #

They’re not servers or channels, they’re basically websites you can watch on for free :) Just need an internet!

11. FateAkemi July 2, 2014 at 9:18 pm #

You know what I want: a good humour… I don’t know about manga but one thing that I DO NOT WANT TO GET CHANGED IS a HUMOUR. Granted Sailor moon is NOT pure comical series but original anime had good humour. It dose NOT mean that I want serious stuff to be removed but I just hope that show dose NOT get too serious and have only 10% of original anime’s humour.

• Chibi Jennifer July 6, 2014 at 12:19 pm #

Lucky for us there is some humour ^.^

• FateAkemi July 6, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

and since I watched it… I don’t know if humor carried out quite well… I mean the old anime had a good facial expression and the new one… just did not capture the emotion quite well. I think the art style is quite wooden… I.E it just seems the same.

12. pikachu jigglypuff July 2, 2014 at 3:30 am #

I’m a little sad about the theme song changing, bit every thing else is awesome!I I wait one more day, I’ll explode!

13. Selena July 1, 2014 at 7:17 am #

I just saw the opening and usagi transforming… I am sooo crying right now.. it is awesome, it is so nostalgic (is that even a word? XD) and soooo perfect!! I’M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

I need to draw Sailor Moon right now! xD *dance*

• Chibi Jennifer July 1, 2014 at 7:13 pm #

So glad to see you’re so happy with it ^___^ I hope I’ll like it too!!

14. V_Lix July 1, 2014 at 7:15 am #

Yo, check this out ! Someone posted Sailor Moon Crystal’s opening song and transformation scene on YT and I’m going insane now !! x)

Here’s the link :

Someone mentioned that it was apparently aired to celebrate Usagi’s birthday. That’d be very cool if it had been the reason ! ^^

• Chibi Jennifer July 1, 2014 at 1:58 pm #

I refuse to watch it!! XDDDD I don’t want it to be spoiled for me since it will officially air for everyone on the 5th July :) Glad you like it though, makes me so excited for it too :D :D

And yes, it was aired in a special VivI event in Japan which is basically an advanced screening.

• V_Lix July 1, 2014 at 4:32 pm #

Haha I understand though. With July 5th just around the corner it is not a long wait to finally be able to be all over Sailor Moon !

Some people commented that they hate it, but I personally am fine with it. You will see it for yourself soon enough, so hopefully you’ll like it too : )

Aa, no wonder there are so many episode 1 spoiler on YT now. But I am not watching the whole episode now either, just a quick glimpse made me happy haha :[)

• Chibi Jennifer July 1, 2014 at 7:12 pm #

haha yeah! July 5th is so close!! Just a couple more days :) I think the wait will be totally worth it ^^ *fingers crossed*

• V_Lix July 1, 2014 at 7:41 pm #

Oh I’m sure it will be worth it. It has to be lol ! After the long, long wait.. Around a year since the original plan now, is it ? Finally we’re heeerrree ! 8D

• Sailor Ceres July 1, 2014 at 5:35 pm #

I’m kind of sad because the video is private, and I can’t watch it.

• V_Lix July 1, 2014 at 7:36 pm #

Aa yes, perhaps the uploader has changed the video settings or something because I can no longer see it as well… :\

Bright side though, 5th of July is REALLY SOON : ) looking forward to it !

15. Horosha June 5, 2014 at 3:19 pm #

I noticed that as well. Noako used a lot of vertical lines in her characters, making them long limb and more regal appearing, in some ways very much like the bishojo artwork you do find where male characters appear to be slim and feminine in appearance. To some degree you can see it in some of the artwork done by CLAMP and in Fruit Basket as well as some of the yoai ladies manga of the 70s, 80s and 90s. A sort of blurring the line between male and female, a often used technique in several manga series.

16. tsuki no curse June 5, 2014 at 7:40 am #

I feel like the chibi version does have better proportions than original picture. xD

17. Horosha June 2, 2014 at 6:44 am #

What I’m expecting is while the artwork is very much based on the artwork of the anime, I also expecting the story to be using the characters and the story elements of the manga, but in its own way. Remember Naoko was involved through her licensing company in the development of the story and plotline of PGSM live action, which is why the live action was much more similar to the manga than the original anime.
    In fact this seems to be hinted in the title of the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal. The anime did have a history of giving away the story of the episode in the title, but it is possible this is a red herring.

We shall see

Horosha

“The heart knows no gender, only love.” Minako Aino

• Chibi Jennifer June 2, 2014 at 7:27 pm #

How do we know the title of the first episode? :O Don’t think it’s been revealed yet?

• Horosha June 3, 2014 at 2:42 am #

I might be confusing it with the title for the big costume party that is going to be in Tokyo celebrating the first episode of the new series.

• Chibi Jennifer June 3, 2014 at 8:21 pm #

Ohh right, you mean the vivi party for Usagi’s Birthday~

18. Z Scandana May 12, 2014 at 10:27 pm #

“Premium account holders only”? Are you sure? I REALLY hope that’s not the case…

• Chibi Jennifer May 13, 2014 at 6:07 pm #

Yeha, pretty sure it’s only for premium account holders. However, I’m sure there will be *other* ways to watch it afterwards

19. Andy April 29, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Just took a gander at the character designs. They look pretty nice, truer to Naoko Takeuchi’s original work, but there’s a freshness, a modern-day air to them that adds to the charm. With regards to my personal favorite, I actually think Mako looks cuter than in the original anime. And I like Ami’s sweater too, it’s, how do I put it, fashionably geeky (or maybe the other way around)… I mean, it does fit her character, but doesn’t stop her looking pretty. In fact, I think it highlights her character.

Also, from what I can see, this one’s going to be more true to the manga, right? In that case, I can’t help but wonder how they will handle the story, because the original anime, the way I see it, expanded a lot upon the manga in order to fit a TV format, and I’m not sure it’ll be good if they go the PGSM route (not that PGSM was bad, I just think it’d be too unoriginal if they handled the plot the same way). Anyway, here’s hoping I won’t have graduate classes at college on July 5 (it’ll be airing at 7 AM in my time zone).

• Chibi Jennifer April 29, 2014 at 1:31 pm #

Yes I agree! I love the modern-day look/feel to it :D Very fresh considering the old anime was made in the 90s. I really like the direction they’re going with this (though the legs/anatomy do look a little strange..? Hopefully that won’t be the case once animated ^^”)

If Sailor moon Crystal does follow closely to the manga, I’m expecting a lot less filler episodes (which will be a huge plus)~ still, I’m all for character development too :) That’s what I loved about PGSM~ that they were able to give all the girls a fair amount of time to shine.

20. Vinny April 28, 2014 at 4:00 pm #

Ok thanks :)

21. V_Lix April 27, 2014 at 11:28 pm #

zomg just look through the character designs on your page and I must say I’m quite thrilled ! I was worried that the characters’ designs might heavily resemble that of the manga, because I’m not a big fan of the manga’s art, but the anime’s ? YES PLEASE ! xD (although they sometimes have different style for some episode ^^;)

I also kinda hoped that all the VA would reprise their roles one more time, since I’m fond of their voices, but oh well, hope the new casts can live up to older fans’ expectations : )

Here’s hoping that the series won’t stop until Dark Kingdom’s demise like PGSM was. I would love to see more Saturn haha ^^

• Chibi Jennifer April 28, 2014 at 10:07 am #

YESS!! I looveeeee the new designs so much ^___^ I’m really pleased with them :3
      When they revealed the first images during the live niconico event, I admit I wasn’t sure how I felt about them (the group picture).. but once I saw the character profiles updated on the site I started getting super excited <333

I'm just happy Usagi's VA is back <333 I don't mind a fresh new cast for the other girls, since it is a fresh new reboot. Hopefully they can give the characters much life and energy ^___^

• Vinny April 28, 2014 at 1:32 pm #

I feel exactly the same way! I stayed up late to watch the livestream and when I saw the group picture I had mixed feelings and was a little disappointed that was all we got. But then today when I woke up, I saw the new pics and was immediately won over. They look soooo pretty <3 Do you think we will get a promo before the air date? I'm kind of in love with moonsticks btw :)

• Chibi Jennifer April 28, 2014 at 2:26 pm #

haha Thanks Vinny! ^___^ and yesh… THOSE CHARACTER DESIGNS LOOKS AWESOME :D

I’m pretty sure more will be revealed as the anime air date draws near~ very likely we’ll see a trailer or at least a teaser :D

• V_Lix April 28, 2014 at 7:30 pm #

I knoowww ! The group pic was just kinda… mediocre, I guess ^^; The sailor suits are pretty much similar, although I like Mercury’s missing the shoulder part thingy, and Venus having the chain around her waist just like PGSM : ) But the civilian designs of the girls are so captivating imo. I like Ami’s the most for some reason (people have been mentioning the sweater though, so that might be it XD) it just… fits her sweet image.

Haha fair enough, it is a reboot after all. But I’m glad Mitsuishi Kotono is back–she was my favourite in the original anime. Her voice as Usagi could make me feel all kinds of emotions ^^

NOW I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEW ANIME ! So excited, I wish time machines were real !! x)

• Chibi Jennifer April 28, 2014 at 10:01 pm #

hahah yes! Ami-chan looks so sweet in the over sized sweater :3 I really enjoyed all the civilian form images ^_^ And you’re right, apart from mercury’s sleeve and Venus’s chain, the outfits are pretty much the same as the 90s anime.

I also love the new colour scheme, and having Mars have her hair shade purple looks a lot nicer :D You can actually see the individual strands :)