#41 A Tuxedo’s Policy

MoonSticks #41 A Tuxedo's Policy (Valentines Day Special) featuring Tuxedo Kamen/Mamoru Chiba, Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Mimete.

Narrator: In the midst of an intense battle..
[[An origami rose is thrown into the ground]]
Sailor Moon: Tuxedo Mask is here!!!
Mimete: I sense…deja vu..

[[Tuxedo Mask is standing high up on a pole]]
Tuxedo Mask: Incoherent mumbling
Mimete: Not this again?! And who comes in throwing paper roses?!

Tuxedo Mask (in Sailor Moon’s pose): Do you have any idea how expensive real roses cost on Valentines Day?! A have a budget too you know!

[[Sailor Moon looks horrified. Sailor Jupiter, Mercury, Mars and Venus watches from a distance.]]
Sailor Mars: Why are we here again?

122 Responses to “#41 A Tuxedo’s Policy”

1. Pokota / Raekuul February 12, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

Why are we here again?

I love it!

2. Shenanigans February 12, 2010 at 3:06 pm #

I sense…deja vu!

I like the last panel! Awesome! Heros do have a life you know!

3. haruka_fanatic February 12, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

lol Awesome!

4. Jumpyham February 12, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

Lol! I sensed Deja Vu, too! I thought that it was a reprint or something!

5. Rina February 12, 2010 at 11:25 am #

I’ve always thought Mamo-chan just ‘pulls’ those roses out of mid-air -from Elysion or random place on Earth or whatever. If he did, he would make a pretty good business SELLING them with such ability actually…

Happy Valentines’ Day!

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:29 am #

LOL!! ahhaa..RIna, your idea amuses me so much XD XD
      *Imagines Tuxy selling unlimited Roses*

He’ll be rich!

Happy V day to you too ^__^

6. Kawaii Silence February 12, 2010 at 11:07 am #

Awesome! I thought it wasn’t an update then I looked at the rose and was like wait… it is made out of paper! That was clever, I know it has always been a mystery to a lot of SM fans on where on Earth his roses come from. And think of how many times he would have to have his tuxedo pressed… even though in the anime it is more of a transformation and the tux is perfect every time. Poor Tux, first his girlfriend trying to make him look like a fool and then rose prices go up.

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:51 am #

Thank you Kawaii Silence :D Glad you noticed its a different comic too … xD

I thought about his Tuxedo too.. but in the anime he wore it with magical powers… (It would be funny if they gave him a henshin phrase.. “Rose Power Make Up!” ^^)

Been picking on Tuxy a bit much lately..I can hear him say “leave me alone ;_;)

XD

7. Marie Berry February 12, 2010 at 10:17 am #

I always wondered how Mamoru afforded all of those roses… Maybe he couldn’t!

Really cute comic, as always. I think the deja-vu makes it funnier.

8. Sabrblade February 12, 2010 at 9:56 am #

Hah! =D

This reminds me that I don’t think the anime even had a Valentine’s Day episode (I know PGSM did, but the anime didn’t).

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:30 am #

lol yeah. XD

Plus V day is kinda different in Japan I think..

• Grisznak February 13, 2010 at 10:12 pm #

That’s why he didn’t throw roses in manga – it was way too expensive to do this in both manga and anime.
      Good job.

• Sailorcancer February 13, 2010 at 10:13 pm #

He must be stealing them.

I mean if you can steal and break in to a Jewelry shop then roses cannot be that big of a deal.

• Sabrblade February 13, 2010 at 10:13 pm #

Griznak means that, becuase it was too expensive to throw roses in both the anime and the manga, Tuxedo Kamen only threw them in the anime because he lacked money needed for roses to be thrown in the manga as well.

9. Apple-Autumn February 12, 2010 at 9:38 am #

When I started reading it, I had the same reaction as Mimete in the first panel. And then I put two and two together and laughed. XD

I love MoonSticks, they’re all hilarious! :D

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 9:39 am #

aw thanks so much ^_^!!

I was..a bit worried people would think it’s the same comic and not bother looking at it ^^;;

• Apple-Autumn February 12, 2010 at 10:48 am #

No problem! ^_^

Yeah, I was showing my friend your site, and I saw the first two panels and thought “Yay! She updated! ^_^”

10. SerenityMoonGodness February 12, 2010 at 9:36 am #

I didn’t know Mamochan was so cheap! lol

11. Sailor Sun February 12, 2010 at 9:34 am #

“Why are we here AGAIN”????!!! Priceless XD
    And everything happens in the same site!!
    hehehehe I like it. I thought for a while that you didn’t make a new comic ^^

Happy Valentin’s Day to you too <3

Not a bad paper rose anyway, but he had to color it with red hehehehe

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:25 am #

hehehe thanks Sailor Sun :D

I actually thought about giving the paper rose a red color so people would notice it’s a different comic (and hopefully grab their attention)- but I’m glad you found out its a different comic :) Sorry for any confusion! :)

12. sacred_inferno February 12, 2010 at 9:03 am #

I love this!

13. moriko_shin February 12, 2010 at 9:03 am #

LOL love it.

14. Elly February 12, 2010 at 9:03 am #

Too cute! Happy Valentine’s Day!

15. ittyfox6 February 12, 2010 at 9:02 am #

Haha love the origami! Too cute! XP

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:21 am #

Thanks ^.^ I’m sure Tuxy would love that comment :D

16. jrkarsten February 12, 2010 at 9:02 am #

WINNER!

17. Brad February 12, 2010 at 8:53 am #

Hahaha

18. Travis February 12, 2010 at 8:48 am #

Aww Jen, at first I was like “aw she hasn’t updated yet” then I looked at it again. That is really clever, I love Mars! And Mimete’s face is like priceless!

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:17 am #

aww..thanks!! And sorry I know it’s not obvious it’s a different comic >.< I had a feeling a lot of you would mistaken it as the previous weeks one (and I don’t blame you for it)

Good to know you eventually noticed :D Hope it wasn’t disappointing :)

19. ChaosInuYasha February 12, 2010 at 8:42 am #

*wants Sailor Pluto for a Valentine* Well atleast my mom is getting better and she’s down to 1 tube in her body (feeding tube) so that’s good. Happy V-Day (or Singles Awareness Day) to you too :D

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:13 am #

hehehe..love how Pluto is always brought up for every occasion XD XD

Good to hear your Mum is getting better :)

20. セーラーエリス February 12, 2010 at 8:19 am #

buaagagagagagahahahahah :cough cough: hahahahahhahahahha :cant breath: ahhahaga ga g…. :died laughing:
    spirit raises “ahahahhaha~~~~~~~~”

21. Ss123 February 12, 2010 at 8:08 am #

Ahaha! I like how Usagi’s all like “Those aren’t the lines I gave him. D: ”

This reminds me of a conversation about how Tuxedo Kamen’s could cause so much damage in a fight how much force would be needed for it to stick into the ground like it does (especially on concrete) and how the heck he pays for them. I think it was decided that they were all steal tipped and he bought them from that one florist guy with the like 8 kids from an episode (I think) in the S season where Usagi, Mamoru, Chibiusa, and Hotaru, all went to a garden or something. :P

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:10 am #

hehehe well his Roses defy gravity :D Including this paper one XD

Tuxy is pretty amazing to hide these sharp roses in him somewhere without getting pricked by the thorns too.
      I’ve always wondered if these roses were “powered” or if they’re normal roses..

They look pretty normal to me, but lol Beryl was defeated with one XD

He bought them from that one florist guy with the like 8 kids from an episode
      hah! Then his friend would think he has a rose obsession ;)

22. Jen February 12, 2010 at 7:47 am #

Lol! I did wonder how he afforded all those roses on a student’s budget. XD

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:12 am #

eheheee… ^.^ He would also need the time to visit a florist daily to stock up on them.

23. Boomerang 503 February 12, 2010 at 7:44 am #

He could have gone for those plastic roses instead.

Also, Happy Singles Awareness Day.

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:06 am #

Paper is cheaper ;) And Tuxy likes it looking fancy XD

Happy S.A.D too! XD (I never heard about this until now, lol)

24. icecreamchan February 12, 2010 at 7:37 am #

Lol “do you know how expensive roses are on valentines day?!”, so funny….

25. KTVB February 12, 2010 at 7:27 am #

LOL!! haha how cute~ I like how you made this one really similar to your previous comic with the whole ” I sense De ja vu” lol The origami rose is cute too XD

Happy Valentines Day!

• Chibi Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 11:04 am #

:D yaay Glad you didn’t mind it being mostly the same illustrations ^^;