#38 A Sailor Soldier’s Pride

MoonSticks #38 A Sailor Soldier's Pride. Star Gentle Uterus featuring Sailor Star Maker/Taiki Kou, Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou and Sailor Star Healer/Yaten Kou

And a little extra alternate ending for those who prefer Star Fighter ;)

Sailor Star Maker: STAR GENTLE UTERUS!!!

Sailor Uranus: BWAHAHA! “Gentle Uterus” you must be joking!

Sailor Star Maker: Only someone immature would laugh at something like that. You outer senshi are pathetic.

Sailor Star Healer: NYAHAHAHEHEE! She’s Sailor Ur-”Anus”-geddit?!
Sailor Star Maker: Erm.
Sailor Star Healer: Eheheheheee!

249 Responses to “#38 A Sailor Soldier’s Pride”

1. Kawaii Silence January 22, 2010 at 11:20 am #

Hit two birds (or rather names) with one stone. Nice going on that! I hate it when people get Uranus’ name wrong. My friend pronounced it wrong and I felt like slapping him. He said he was thinking of the metal (because we were talking about how some elements were named) uranium, and so the pronunciation came out wrong. I don’t know…

On ‘Star Gentle Uterus’ I believe it has something to do with her being ‘Maker’ and ‘uterus’ is where babies grow and are made. So that’s why the attack was named that way, because of the origin of the her Sailor name. I remember reading that somewhere, I forgot where it was exactly. It still sounds funny when she uses the attack, especially those who may not consider exactly why it was chosen for the attack.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 11:28 am #

I actually pronounce it as like “uranium” – isn’t that correct? O_o Unless I’ve been calling it wrong all my life, I believe it’s pronounced that way for British English at least (Similar to how words like Tomato are pronounced “To-mai-to” and “To-mar-to”.

Not sure if it’s considered wrong XD

Someone please correct meh. lol

I think you’re correct about the Uterus referencing “making” since she’s Star Maker… though it can still sound a bit awkward ^^;

• Kawaii Silence January 22, 2010 at 11:43 am #

Umm… I think how you would pronounce it is right also. I hope I didn’t insult how any accent or anything. I like British-like accents, and half the time I’m told I have one. ^.^ What he did was he was in the middle of saying ‘uranium’ and it switched to ‘Uranus’ while doing that the ‘a’ came out the wrong way. I don’t know, he thinks weird sometimes and he just gave that to me as the reason why saying the planet name wrong.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 11:49 am #

oh..haha!

Well I’ve always called uranus like “Ur-Anus” without the gap of course..so it’s “Uranus” XD

• TimeSage January 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

I used to pronounce it that way, but after watching Sailor Moon I switched over to the way they do it in the show. Gives lets me say it without immature people cracking jokes… And son’t worry. By the year 3000 she’ll be Sailor Urectum :P

• セーラーエリス January 23, 2010 at 1:09 am #

I am really curious now at how exactly is the pronunciation of “Uranus” in English.
            since I am a native Greek and the work Uranus is a Greek one I probably pronouncing it differently.
            is it in English like this: “You-rae-nus”?
            in Japanese it sounds more closely to the Greek pronunciation ウu ラra ヌnu スsu
            the first U sounds like the “u” from the “you” in Greek language is “Uranos” Ουρανός again with the “U” sounds like the “u” from the “you”.

Do I even make sense??????

• TimeSage January 24, 2010 at 5:40 pm #

You-rae-nus is how it’s pronounced in the US (Regional accent not included)

• セーラーエリス January 25, 2010 at 5:40 am #

thanks for clearing this up TimeSage :)

2. AmaraMichelle January 22, 2010 at 10:23 am #

lol well done Jen, though have to admit that Fighter probably would have done it to.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:26 am #

haha, you think so? Seiya seems more civilized (well, at least towards the end of the series, where she wants everyone to work together)

But Seiya does have a grudge xD ehehehe- good point.

3. otakuXanonymous January 22, 2010 at 10:18 am #

You’ve really out done yourself this week; I actually laughed out loud! Your comics are so funny! I look forward to this every week!

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:27 am #

wow, thank you! So glad you got a good laugh :D (This your first comment?)

4. Midori Seppen January 22, 2010 at 10:07 am #

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This was the best one yet… and not just cuz I’m totally biased towards anything with maker or anus jokes XD

5. Sage of Mudora January 22, 2010 at 9:54 am #

Great as usual! These always brighten my week. Keep up the great work!

I’ve always loved the Japanese pronunciation of “Uranus”. I’ve found myself pronouncing it that way here in the states.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:57 am #

Thank you Sage of Mudora, that’s very encouraging :)!

And yesh, I love how the Japanese pronounce words, there’s this nice elegance to them…except..

*suddenly reminded of how they pronounce “Venus” *shivers*

• セーラーエリス January 23, 2010 at 1:21 am #

when you say Venus you mean “penus” ?? maybe?? :D

• Chibi Jennifer January 23, 2010 at 7:46 am #

YES. Actually, sometimes it sounds like Benus.

• Boomerang 503 January 23, 2010 at 9:18 am #

That reminds me of an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where Data was reciting a dirty poem before Picard abruptly cut him off.

Data: And there was a rather peculiar Limerick being delivered by someone in the shuttlecraft bay. I’m not sure I understand it. “There was a young lady from Venus, whose body was shaped like a—”

Picard: Captain to security! Come in!!

Data: Did I say something wrong?

Worf: I don’t understand their humor, either.

• セーラーエリス January 25, 2010 at 5:45 am #

Japanese are just soooooooooooo cute when they speak engrish ^_^

6. Pokota / Raekuul January 22, 2010 at 9:48 am #

Naturally, in the light of their squabbles, they completely ignore the enemy…

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:52 am #

lol yes… but he’s K-O…. looks a bit stiff too, so don’t think he’s running anywhere XD

7. UnKaI January 22, 2010 at 9:42 am #

wow!!! you just keep getting better!!!! n_n

8. Hoshi January 22, 2010 at 9:35 am #

Oh, priceless! I’ve wanted for the longest time to see you tackle those jokes- and you have! Bravo, ChibiJen!

And Yaten-kun/chan’s laugh is the icing on the cake.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:39 am #

Oh that’s great to hear! Hopefully over time I will have covered most things XD

9. gully_moe January 22, 2010 at 9:17 am #

LOL a new favorite.

10. ilikebigtoes January 22, 2010 at 9:17 am #

I love it when you do comics about the starlights :DDD

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:08 am #

Yeah, I missed them a bit.. haven’t done one of Star Maker in quite a while. Glad you enjoy them!

11. Sailor Sun January 22, 2010 at 9:17 am #

‘BWAHAHAHA” I love her laugh 8D
    THIS IS THE BEST E-V-E-R

But come on! You shouldn’t treat Haruka in such a way XD

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:58 am #

haha, I was waiting for someone to pity Haruka XD

But hey, the Outer Senshi have their pride, too ;)

12. jrkarsten January 22, 2010 at 9:16 am #

I made this statement once, and it totally fits
    “You know, the uterus was only ment to take so much!”

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:55 am #

I’m not sure how the attack actually works.. like, what is the actual attack?

Looks like generic star powers.

13. Maya-chan January 22, 2010 at 9:15 am #

I loved how Uranus joked about Maker’s attack name and Yaten joked about Uranus’ name LOL
    I love it!

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:51 am #

Thanks! The Outer Senshi/Starlights always have something to argue about XD

14. Leo January 22, 2010 at 9:13 am #

Lol this is soooo funny. But I gotta admit, I hate it when people say ‘Sailor UrANUS’ around me -.-… Thank goodness that’s not the real pronunciation!

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:23 am #

haha! XD

I hear in the English dub they pronounce it like Sailor “Yu-ri-ness” – Hey, just realised that sounds like “Yuri” XD
      But in Australia, I believe “Sailor Uranus” is pronounced as “Ur ANUS” o_o

• TimeSage January 22, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

… That’s surpiseingly fitting. Uranus and Neptune are one of the top Yuri couples out there non-shipping ones too boot.

15. Vivien January 22, 2010 at 8:54 am #

I am SO happy you touched base on this! I giggle everytime Maker uses her (his) attack. Maybe I am immature too!
    Also, I don’t know if they dubbed it different, but Uranus in the English versions I saw, they pronounced her name not to sound like Ur-anus, more like Ur-ann-ous (I don’t know if that makes a difference in anyone trying to read that, but they seemed to purposefully try to make it less – crass? It was also funny.

Thanks for making me laugh.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:50 am #

yay, glad you like it Viv! ^.^

Don’t worry, I’m sure many of us at least giggled upon hearing her attack name ^.^; I know I did. XD

I think in North America it’s actually pronounced “Yuu-ri-ness” and not “Ur-ANUS” but I could be wrong @.@

16. lolful January 22, 2010 at 8:32 am #

XD LOL, that conversation didn’t go right…

17. mo-chan January 22, 2010 at 8:14 am #

We all thought it XD
    XDD Hilarious!

18. eternalruth January 22, 2010 at 7:50 am #

LOL too funny!

19. KTVB January 22, 2010 at 7:42 am #

LOL!!! Hilarious XD I love this comic because every frama is new and refreshing XD

I loved Maker’s reaction to Uranus’ comment but Healer’s comment just sooo proved maker wrong lol

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:29 am #

:D Thanks! I agree, it’s more interesting when the frames are different~ I’m hoping to keep all frames different where possible.

Guess Healer really just ain’t as mature as Maker would like her to be XD