#38 A Sailor Soldier’s Pride

MoonSticks #38 A Sailor Soldier's Pride. Star Gentle Uterus featuring Sailor Star Maker/Taiki Kou, Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou and Sailor Star Healer/Yaten Kou

And a little extra alternate ending for those who prefer Star Fighter ;)

Sailor Star Maker: STAR GENTLE UTERUS!!!

Sailor Uranus: BWAHAHA! “Gentle Uterus” you must be joking!

Sailor Star Maker: Only someone immature would laugh at something like that. You outer senshi are pathetic.

Sailor Star Healer: NYAHAHAHEHEE! She’s Sailor Ur-”Anus”-geddit?!
Sailor Star Maker: Erm.
Sailor Star Healer: Eheheheheee!

251 Responses to “#38 A Sailor Soldier’s Pride”

1. Cody January 23, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

Oh wow, this was very smart! I laughed out loud, literally. Keep it up Chibi Jenn!
    P.S I look forward to your comics every Friday, you have inspired me to become a writer, I want to write stories so everyone can read them, like your comics. :3

• Chibi Jennifer January 24, 2010 at 9:55 am #

Hi Cody,
      Thanks so much for your support :) I’m glad it inspired you one way or another!

2. Kibou no Hikari January 23, 2010 at 12:21 pm #

Yes, Sailor Star Healer! Sailor Ur-anus! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I noticed that when this little picture with funny captions pointed it out ^^ Oh wow, I never knew Yaten was so immature.

Once again Seiya is not here (In the original, that is. I saw the alternate ending but I prefer this one because Yaten does something immature)… Probably with Usagi. ^-^’ And wow, Uranus looks ready to kill doesn’t she?

• Chibi Jennifer January 24, 2010 at 9:54 am #

hahah glad you like it~ ^^ I also prefer the original idea where Seiya is probably somewhere with Usagiii XD

*cough*
      Yesh, Yaten is awesome :3

3. RoRo-chan January 23, 2010 at 12:17 pm #

Ahh the good times when I was like “WTF” when she said STAR GENTLE UTERUS. xD

4. lovely_seraph January 23, 2010 at 10:32 am #

Win.

Yaten amused me in this comic. Usually she is so quiet and overly serious. Seeing her lol over Ur-anus made me giggle.

5. Boomerang 503 January 23, 2010 at 9:10 am #

I understand why the English manga translated it to “Star Gentle Creator.”

• Chibi Jennifer January 23, 2010 at 10:52 am #

haha yeah.. that’s kinda smart (and amusing..)

6. senshi of love January 23, 2010 at 8:53 am #

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

*laughing dead* lol lol lol lol lol

Ouch i get stomachache from so much laughing. :D

7. SerenityMoonGodness January 23, 2010 at 8:52 am #

Love it great job!

8. Lady Aino January 23, 2010 at 8:52 am #

:D Even though Seiya should of gotten the last word, this was pure gold! *tsk tsk* Haruka, how I pity you.

• Chibi Jennifer January 23, 2010 at 10:55 am #

hahaha, maybe I should maker a fighter one just for the fun of it.. XD

9. chibi-junjun January 23, 2010 at 2:22 am #

Great one!

10. セーラーエリス January 23, 2010 at 1:18 am #

It’s simply BRILLIANT :D
    Ruka your joke backfired!!!
    poor maker her attack is funny but if anyone think about the rest of the attacks they are all funny :P
    I so can see Yaten making fun of Haruka :P. Actually If it was Seiya doing it Ruka would probably smacked her in the face and wouldn’t even take her seriously or even worst she would make a greater joke just to look superior :P and it would be also so retired to see Seiya arguing with Haruka, but Yaten doing so is so much better.
    also Uranus-Maker fight remind me of when Ono Hikari as Maker pushes Kimura Sanae[uranus] and then the latter goes other Hikari back stage :P [all that at the musicals] at the next stage Hikari was sitting at the one end and Sanae at the other end of the stage bahahah

ps: thank you for your Reply to my email, I really appreciated :)

• Chibi Jennifer January 23, 2010 at 10:57 am #

True, most of the senshi have awkward sounding attack names like “Moon Gorgeous Meditation”- which doesn’ tmake much sense but it least it’s not..embarrassing XD

Thanks for the comment!! :D

11. NiRo~luff January 22, 2010 at 8:33 pm #

XD Poor Maker. I understand the symbolism behind the attack, but I still can’t help but be amused when people bring this up.

Even though Healer was a funny choice to do the whole UR-anus joke, somehow I see Fighter as more likely to do that…Seiya and Haruka are rivals after all… ^^;

• Chibi Jennifer January 23, 2010 at 8:50 am #

Not to worry, I’m sure there will be some Haruka vs Seiya comics in the future :D

Gotta love their rivalry!

• NiRo~luff March 6, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

I sure hope so. Seeing them fighting is hilarious, whether it be as rivals or ‘lovers’. XD

(Yeah, SeiHaru is one of the few things I ship as crack…and canon too, but that’s another matter.)

12. Jacky January 22, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

LOL!! simply gold…easily one of my favourites, made me laugh like mad hahahahahahaha!! good job chibi =)

13. Tofufufu January 22, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

OMG! I absolutely love this one! Actually, I love all the Moonsticks acts so far, but this has got to be one of my favorites. I was just hoping that you would make a comic about the good old “Gentle Uterus” attack name (which still cracks me up to this day XD), so it was a very pleasant surprise seeing the subject featured in this comic!

The expressions are all so hilarious. Maker’s huge mouth in the first panel really made me lol. XD The last panel is great, too. Uranus looks like she’s pretty much ready to throttle Healer! XD

As a long time lurker, first time poster, I want to say thank you, Chibi Jen, for making such adorable, endearing comics about a classic series that is still near and dear to many fans’ hearts even after all these years. I love your cute art style and hope you continue the wonderful work! Thank you for helping to keep Sailor Moon alive. :3

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 7:54 pm #

awwww…..thank you so so much! It’s a real pleasure to know you really enjoy them!
      It’s comments like yours that keep me going, thanks for the encouragement! :)

14. Miss Breeziness January 22, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

That. Was. So. Funny. (Yes, I can be immature. :D) Ah, gotta love Engrish!

Poor Uranus and Maker…I’ve seen them get made fun of so many times in fanfics. :)

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 7:50 pm #

Oh really? XD

I wouldn’t know since I don’t read fanfics ^-^;

Glad you enjoyed this!

15. d_a_z_z_l_e_m_e January 22, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

HAHA I love this! My favorite one ever!

16. Lu January 22, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

A Laser, an Inferno, and a Uterus? @_@;

I always felt Maker got the short end of the stick when it came to her attack name haha…. Then I think its kinda humorous she has an attack after….female parts when shes…. a he in civilian form?

And Uranus is the last to joke about privates!!!

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 4:29 pm #

haha yes..thus we have Brad’s comment below: “I guess we should be happy her attack wasn’t “Star Gentle Semen!””

XD

17. lunapitty January 22, 2010 at 3:53 pm #

OMG….this made me lol so hard. I always thought poor Maker got the worst phrase to yell out ever.

Silly Healer…go and ruin Maker’s perfect point.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

True, I would be pretty embarrassed yelling that out ..especially when there seems most emphasis on the last word XD XD

And Uranus seems to have more pride in her name, ahah- look how angry she got XD

18. Shenanigans January 22, 2010 at 3:00 pm #

FUNNY!

Ah… the hypocricy in this… Taiki says that the Outers are immature for something silly, yet Yaten over here is laughing his butt off at the name “Uranus.”

Good times… good times…

19. Sailor Eris January 22, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

LOL! I’ve told my friends these kinds of jokes!

20. Kibate January 22, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

Haha, this joke just had to be done, though i never realized that about Ur-ANUS
    lol

21. Joine January 22, 2010 at 12:28 pm #

I’ve been waiting for this one! So long!

And the Uranus joke! My mom does that joke all the time! If she knew about Star Maker, she’d never stop! X3

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 12:52 pm #

lol, your Mum sounds like a pretty cool person XD

22. Ss123 January 22, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

ahahaha! I was so glad when I saw that you had updated, I’ve been stressed and I knew that you would make me laugh.:) And boy did you come through! XD

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 1:01 pm #

aww, that’s good to hear :D Glad it can help you de-stress a bit!

23. tenchichan January 22, 2010 at 11:55 am #

I almost have to wonder why it took you so long to tap into the comedy goldmine of that particular attack phrase. But then to turn it on it’s ear and make a Uranus joke as well? Classic.

This has to be one of your best comics to date! Love it! You can really see the comedy getting more refined with each one. I hate to say it, but early on I thought these were kind of hit and miss, but you’ve definitely hit your stride!

::two thumbs up::

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 1:03 pm #

wow, thanks for such great compliments!
      Humor is quite hard to “hit” all the time, so there’s still a bit of dice rolling- hope I’ll be able to make more funny ones most (if not everyone) can appreciate :D

24. Brad January 22, 2010 at 11:44 am #

This is my most favorite Moon Stick yet! LOL! Well done!

I guess we should be happy her attack wasn’t “Star Gentle Semen!”

25. ShadowWolf0010 January 22, 2010 at 11:22 am #

*Evil lough* Finely back from hiding tho sadly stuck on campus T_T

Hmmm nice double burn here lol. I remember first hearing her attack I started laughing as well but then I had to double check just to make sure. When I check that it wasn’t just me I started laughing even harder. Tho I would haft to say that Uranus has a better name then that attack lol

26. Kawaii Silence January 22, 2010 at 11:20 am #

Hit two birds (or rather names) with one stone. Nice going on that! I hate it when people get Uranus’ name wrong. My friend pronounced it wrong and I felt like slapping him. He said he was thinking of the metal (because we were talking about how some elements were named) uranium, and so the pronunciation came out wrong. I don’t know…

On ‘Star Gentle Uterus’ I believe it has something to do with her being ‘Maker’ and ‘uterus’ is where babies grow and are made. So that’s why the attack was named that way, because of the origin of the her Sailor name. I remember reading that somewhere, I forgot where it was exactly. It still sounds funny when she uses the attack, especially those who may not consider exactly why it was chosen for the attack.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 11:28 am #

I actually pronounce it as like “uranium” – isn’t that correct? O_o Unless I’ve been calling it wrong all my life, I believe it’s pronounced that way for British English at least (Similar to how words like Tomato are pronounced “To-mai-to” and “To-mar-to”.

Not sure if it’s considered wrong XD

Someone please correct meh. lol

I think you’re correct about the Uterus referencing “making” since she’s Star Maker… though it can still sound a bit awkward ^^;

• Kawaii Silence January 22, 2010 at 11:43 am #

Umm… I think how you would pronounce it is right also. I hope I didn’t insult how any accent or anything. I like British-like accents, and half the time I’m told I have one. ^.^ What he did was he was in the middle of saying ‘uranium’ and it switched to ‘Uranus’ while doing that the ‘a’ came out the wrong way. I don’t know, he thinks weird sometimes and he just gave that to me as the reason why saying the planet name wrong.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 11:49 am #

oh..haha!

Well I’ve always called uranus like “Ur-Anus” without the gap of course..so it’s “Uranus” XD

• TimeSage January 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

I used to pronounce it that way, but after watching Sailor Moon I switched over to the way they do it in the show. Gives lets me say it without immature people cracking jokes… And son’t worry. By the year 3000 she’ll be Sailor Urectum :P

• セーラーエリス January 23, 2010 at 1:09 am #

I am really curious now at how exactly is the pronunciation of “Uranus” in English.
            since I am a native Greek and the work Uranus is a Greek one I probably pronouncing it differently.
            is it in English like this: “You-rae-nus”?
            in Japanese it sounds more closely to the Greek pronunciation ウu ラra ヌnu スsu
            the first U sounds like the “u” from the “you” in Greek language is “Uranos” Ουρανός again with the “U” sounds like the “u” from the “you”.

Do I even make sense??????

• TimeSage January 24, 2010 at 5:40 pm #

You-rae-nus is how it’s pronounced in the US (Regional accent not included)

• セーラーエリス January 25, 2010 at 5:40 am #

thanks for clearing this up TimeSage :)

27. AmaraMichelle January 22, 2010 at 10:23 am #

lol well done Jen, though have to admit that Fighter probably would have done it to.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:26 am #

haha, you think so? Seiya seems more civilized (well, at least towards the end of the series, where she wants everyone to work together)

But Seiya does have a grudge xD ehehehe- good point.

28. otakuXanonymous January 22, 2010 at 10:18 am #

You’ve really out done yourself this week; I actually laughed out loud! Your comics are so funny! I look forward to this every week!

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:27 am #

wow, thank you! So glad you got a good laugh :D (This your first comment?)

29. Midori Seppen January 22, 2010 at 10:07 am #

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This was the best one yet… and not just cuz I’m totally biased towards anything with maker or anus jokes XD

30. Sage of Mudora January 22, 2010 at 9:54 am #

Great as usual! These always brighten my week. Keep up the great work!

I’ve always loved the Japanese pronunciation of “Uranus”. I’ve found myself pronouncing it that way here in the states.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:57 am #

Thank you Sage of Mudora, that’s very encouraging :)!

And yesh, I love how the Japanese pronounce words, there’s this nice elegance to them…except..

*suddenly reminded of how they pronounce “Venus” *shivers*

• セーラーエリス January 23, 2010 at 1:21 am #

when you say Venus you mean “penus” ?? maybe?? :D

• Chibi Jennifer January 23, 2010 at 7:46 am #

YES. Actually, sometimes it sounds like Benus.

• Boomerang 503 January 23, 2010 at 9:18 am #

That reminds me of an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where Data was reciting a dirty poem before Picard abruptly cut him off.

Data: And there was a rather peculiar Limerick being delivered by someone in the shuttlecraft bay. I’m not sure I understand it. “There was a young lady from Venus, whose body was shaped like a—”

Picard: Captain to security! Come in!!

Data: Did I say something wrong?

Worf: I don’t understand their humor, either.

• セーラーエリス January 25, 2010 at 5:45 am #

Japanese are just soooooooooooo cute when they speak engrish ^_^

31. Pokota / Raekuul January 22, 2010 at 9:48 am #

Naturally, in the light of their squabbles, they completely ignore the enemy…

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:52 am #

lol yes… but he’s K-O…. looks a bit stiff too, so don’t think he’s running anywhere XD

32. UnKaI January 22, 2010 at 9:42 am #

wow!!! you just keep getting better!!!! n_n

33. Hoshi January 22, 2010 at 9:35 am #

Oh, priceless! I’ve wanted for the longest time to see you tackle those jokes- and you have! Bravo, ChibiJen!

And Yaten-kun/chan’s laugh is the icing on the cake.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:39 am #

Oh that’s great to hear! Hopefully over time I will have covered most things XD

34. gully_moe January 22, 2010 at 9:17 am #

LOL a new favorite.

35. ilikebigtoes January 22, 2010 at 9:17 am #

I love it when you do comics about the starlights :DDD

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 10:08 am #

Yeah, I missed them a bit.. haven’t done one of Star Maker in quite a while. Glad you enjoy them!

36. Sailor Sun January 22, 2010 at 9:17 am #

‘BWAHAHAHA” I love her laugh 8D
    THIS IS THE BEST E-V-E-R

But come on! You shouldn’t treat Haruka in such a way XD

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:58 am #

haha, I was waiting for someone to pity Haruka XD

But hey, the Outer Senshi have their pride, too ;)

37. jrkarsten January 22, 2010 at 9:16 am #

I made this statement once, and it totally fits
    “You know, the uterus was only ment to take so much!”

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:55 am #

I’m not sure how the attack actually works.. like, what is the actual attack?

Looks like generic star powers.

38. Maya-chan January 22, 2010 at 9:15 am #

I loved how Uranus joked about Maker’s attack name and Yaten joked about Uranus’ name LOL
    I love it!

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:51 am #

Thanks! The Outer Senshi/Starlights always have something to argue about XD

39. Leo January 22, 2010 at 9:13 am #

Lol this is soooo funny. But I gotta admit, I hate it when people say ‘Sailor UrANUS’ around me -.-… Thank goodness that’s not the real pronunciation!

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:23 am #

haha! XD

I hear in the English dub they pronounce it like Sailor “Yu-ri-ness” – Hey, just realised that sounds like “Yuri” XD
      But in Australia, I believe “Sailor Uranus” is pronounced as “Ur ANUS” o_o

• TimeSage January 22, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

… That’s surpiseingly fitting. Uranus and Neptune are one of the top Yuri couples out there non-shipping ones too boot.

40. Vivien January 22, 2010 at 8:54 am #

I am SO happy you touched base on this! I giggle everytime Maker uses her (his) attack. Maybe I am immature too!
    Also, I don’t know if they dubbed it different, but Uranus in the English versions I saw, they pronounced her name not to sound like Ur-anus, more like Ur-ann-ous (I don’t know if that makes a difference in anyone trying to read that, but they seemed to purposefully try to make it less – crass? It was also funny.

Thanks for making me laugh.

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:50 am #

yay, glad you like it Viv! ^.^

Don’t worry, I’m sure many of us at least giggled upon hearing her attack name ^.^; I know I did. XD

I think in North America it’s actually pronounced “Yuu-ri-ness” and not “Ur-ANUS” but I could be wrong @.@

41. lolful January 22, 2010 at 8:32 am #

XD LOL, that conversation didn’t go right…

42. mo-chan January 22, 2010 at 8:14 am #

We all thought it XD
    XDD Hilarious!

43. eternalruth January 22, 2010 at 7:50 am #

LOL too funny!

44. KTVB January 22, 2010 at 7:42 am #

LOL!!! Hilarious XD I love this comic because every frama is new and refreshing XD

I loved Maker’s reaction to Uranus’ comment but Healer’s comment just sooo proved maker wrong lol

• Chibi Jennifer January 22, 2010 at 9:29 am #

:D Thanks! I agree, it’s more interesting when the frames are different~ I’m hoping to keep all frames different where possible.

Guess Healer really just ain’t as mature as Maker would like her to be XD