#19 Pluto Missing In Action

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #19 - Sailor Pluto Missing in Action featuring Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou, Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaiou, Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou of the Outer Senshi

Sailor Uranus: Space Sword Blaster!

Sailor Neptune: Submarine Reflection!

[[Monster is sizzling in the background]]
Sailor Uranus: What’s wrong?
Sailor Neptune (looking around confused): Where’s Pluto? I thought she was fighting with us.

Narrator: Somewhere around the bush..
[[Sailor Pluto is on the ground rubbing her Garnet Orb]]
Sailor Pluto: Come on genie, where’s my new attack?

121 Responses to “#19 Pluto Missing In Action”

1. Chibi Jennifer August 3, 2009 at 11:33 am #

Thanks for visiting again Sailor Sun! :D
    Glad you like it!

2. Sailor Sun August 3, 2009 at 7:49 am #

That’s great^^
    I love it :D
    Awesome work like usual ^___^

3. Chibi-Toria August 3, 2009 at 5:44 am #

FUNNY! come on genie where’s my new attack!! xD or Funniest one yet!

• Chibi Jennifer August 3, 2009 at 11:28 am #

yay! Thank you ^-^

• Chibi-Toria August 8, 2009 at 6:23 am #

your welcome! ^^

4. sasshi_prism_power August 2, 2009 at 11:27 am #

this weeks was absolutely hilarious. i think all of them are funny to some degree, and at least have cute homor, but this weeks was a 100% laugh out loud. im still gigling over it.

• Sailor_Rose_Sword August 2, 2009 at 11:28 am #

I agree completely, best one yet ^_^

• Chibi Jennifer August 2, 2009 at 11:35 am #

awww..thank you! I’m so happy you think that ^___^

5. Jen August 1, 2009 at 8:42 pm #

Aww, poor Pluto. Someday, Pluto. Someday… :D

• Chibi Jennifer August 2, 2009 at 11:37 am #

awww.. I feel guilty sometimes for making pluto like that XD XD

6. Jacky August 1, 2009 at 3:19 pm #

Wow very nice drawings! very good special effects. Dont really know Pluto though hehe

• Chibi Jennifer August 2, 2009 at 11:36 am #

Thanks ^-^ I like the special effects in this one too!

7. Sailor_Rose_Sword August 1, 2009 at 12:18 pm #

I loved this one ^_^ poor Pluto lol.

• Chibi Jennifer August 1, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

Thank you!! ^___^

• Sailor_Rose_Sword August 1, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

no, thank you, your comics are awesome ^_^

8. CS August 1, 2009 at 10:33 am #

LOL! I love that Garnet Orb being rubbed like a lamp! I wonder what would happen if something actually DID pop out. XD

I actually feel a little bad for Neptune, too, because her cartoon version of Sub Reflection virtually does nothing that Mercury’s computer couldn’t do. :( Except that if she tried to beat someone’s head with it, the mirror would break and she’d have 7 years bad luck, I suppose that’s something Merc’s computer can’t do?

• Brad August 1, 2009 at 10:32 pm #

Doesn’t it stun the enemy as well?

• Chibi Jennifer August 2, 2009 at 8:47 am #

I thought it emits blasts of blue energy from the mirror hitting the enemy too?

• Just a Fan August 3, 2009 at 12:58 pm #

In Stars she used it to destroy some Mirror Paredri.

• CS August 4, 2009 at 10:02 am #

It’s kind of…inconsistent, I think. The underlying idea is that it shows weaknesses. *cue eerie music* I’m assuming someone probably realized that just wasn’t enough and decided to let her shoot energy beams from the mirror as well, which doesn’t fit the name at all, but hell, Uranus can’t have all the fun blowing stuff up, right?

I don’t know, I think showing weaknesses is pretty scary. Just imagine what would show up if she hit Mamoru with that thing.

9. kressa August 1, 2009 at 9:02 am #

ACK! where are her eyes!? lol.

10. Lady Aino August 1, 2009 at 9:00 am #

LOL Funny, but at the same time, sad. T_T

Damn you Toei, all you had to do was give her the Dark Dome Close! Or a Chronos Typhoon! NOT THAT HARD TO DRAW YOU KNOW!!!! >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[

11. Sailor Gold Rabbit August 1, 2009 at 3:01 am #

Poor, poor Pluto. I feel like she kinda got shafted in the anime in that she didn’t get as many manga powers as Uranus and Neptune did. But in any media, you gotta love Pluto! ^_^ Great job!

12. Cumi July 31, 2009 at 11:44 pm #

awww pluto didnt get a new attack in the anime T_T just to stop time if you count that =P!
    But Great job ( *’-’)b

13. Brad July 31, 2009 at 9:33 pm #

LOL! Did Uranus and Neptune kill a rabbit?

14. KTVB July 31, 2009 at 9:30 pm #

LOL!!!! Totally love the finally Pluto shot XD She’s so adorable and at the same time I feel sorry for her….aw…… XD much love.pluto-san XD

15. Mierna July 31, 2009 at 6:50 pm #

The great Guardian of the Time Gate seeking the help of a genie!? (LOL if it’s the Disney genie…) What has the Sailor Moon anime world gotten to? (Yeah, the manga showcased everyone’s powers equally. That’s a plus.) I suggest an idea that references Sailor Moon’s detailed transformations and attack sequences and then the other soldiers’ transformations + attack sequences from the anime. :)

16. Lu July 31, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

It sucks that Pluto never gets a new attack…. Or that Saturn never got an attack ANIMATION sequence, or a transformation sequence. Sailor Uranus and Neptune only get 2 attacks too… Chibiusa is useless in Stars. Annnd the four inner senshi don’t really get to use as many skills as in the manga.

I blame Sailor Moon! She really didn’t need to have reeeally long transformation sequences and sooo many attacks! The other senshi need love too!

• Chibi Jennifer August 1, 2009 at 8:55 am #

yesh indeed..would be awesome to see those animations!
      But it seems they got a bit lazy or something ^^;;

17. ChinoChinako July 31, 2009 at 1:16 pm #

Great work with MoonSticks. One day I want a published collection book.

18. newageretrohippie July 31, 2009 at 1:15 pm #

One day Pluto

One day

• Chibi Jennifer July 31, 2009 at 2:00 pm #

lol…one day. in the future.

• newageretrohippie August 4, 2009 at 10:38 pm #

Well, if she’s desperate couldn’t she have her future self teach her more moves or would that create some unexplainable time paradox?

• Chibi Jennifer August 4, 2009 at 10:38 pm #

lol, not sure. Anything that involves going to the future/past and trying to change history confuses me XD

• SpectrumWarriorP August 5, 2009 at 6:43 pm #

According to that Futurama movie I watched last night, Duplicates from the future are always doomed… besides, I wouldn’t want to think too deeply about that last panel… Unless you want Pluto to have an attack so amazing, she might get the same effect the pilots from Aquarion get when they combine robots… (Anime fanatics, you know what I’m talking about…)

• TimeSage October 17, 2009 at 7:46 pm #

Not gonna work. As established with Sailor Moon meeting her future self, the stronger of the two (Ie the one from the future) will start to overshadow the weaker one and the weaker one will feel faint and start to fade in the other’s preseance. And don’t get me started on what would happen if they touched. Just say goodbye to the universe. Why do you think pluto sacrifed hersefl to stop Demand from touching the Silver Crystal to it’s future self.

19. Travis July 31, 2009 at 9:01 am #

Aww Pluto! It really did suck that she didn’t get a new attack… Arg I wish they had spent more time on the Outer Senshi then the Starlights…

This is my favorite one!

• Chibi Jennifer July 31, 2009 at 1:39 pm #

Glad you like it! It’s also one of my personal favourite :3
      The outer senshi only ever transformed once in the final season (I think), and it was before they got their “super” power-up.

20. Krystal July 31, 2009 at 8:37 am #

I could have sworn she had a new attack in the anime! D: Poor Pluto lol
    At least she has awesome attacks in the manga :3

• Chibi Jennifer July 31, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

eheheh yesh. It’s a shame Pluto’s power-up didn’t give her anything new.. no new toy to play with like Uranus and Neptune.

21. Nameless July 31, 2009 at 7:50 am #

This is funny. Poor Pluto. She actually has a a new attack with her talisman in the manga (plus one or two more), Cronus Typhoon but it never showed it in the anime. It was a shame really, I would loved to see how it’ll be animated. I love how you do your chibis (wait does chibi have a plural form?) Anyway keep up the good work! Your ideas are really creative, short and sweet and I usually don’t like single page slide comics.

Oh and just ignore my name, I’ve been reading your strips for a few weeks and I finally decided to comment. Couldn’t come up with a name though, so I’ll just keep nameless until I can come up with something.

• Chibi Jennifer July 31, 2009 at 1:24 pm #

Thanks so much for your compliments! It’s great that you decided to post a comment too :3 I don’t know what visitors think if they don’t say anything- so thanks for taking the time to do so! Cronus Typhoon sounds pretty cool… ^_^

• TimeSage December 19, 2009 at 6:14 am #

Her VA did voice Voice Clips of her shouting the attack name as it appears voiced in the various video games. There are a number of fan versions using these voice samples as a result.

22. honeyheavenly July 31, 2009 at 7:38 am #

lol i love this one. thats totally how i felt about her not getting a new one. you are made of win!!

• Chibi Jennifer July 31, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

Thanks for checking it out and leaving a comment :D!

23. Miss Breeziness July 31, 2009 at 7:37 am #

Awww, poor Pluto! First no longer a planet, now this…:D

• Chibi Jennifer July 31, 2009 at 1:19 pm #

ehehee..yesh…(and the cockroach episode XD XD XD)

• Miss Breeziness July 31, 2009 at 5:00 pm #

I feel so sorry for Setsuna now.

(And the first two panels look really cool! Could you draw one with one of the Starlights attacking…Maker’s attack might make a good introduction for a joke. :D)

• Chibi Jennifer August 1, 2009 at 8:53 am #

Thanks! I’m glad you like the first two panels :D It was fun drawing them too :) And ..I shall keep the Maker one in mind for sometime in the future ^_^

• Laurel Kornfeld August 1, 2009 at 4:47 am #

Pluto is a planet because it is spherical, meaning it is large enough to be pulled into a round shape by its own gravity–a state known as hydrostatic equilibrium and characteristic of planets, not of shapeless asteroids held together by chemical bonds. These reasons are why many astronomers, lay people, and educators are either ignoring the demotion entirely or working to get it overturned. Using this broader definition gives our solar system 13 planets and counting: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, and Eris.

Only four percent of the IAU voted on the controversial demotion, and most are not planetary scientists. Their decision was immediately opposed in a formal petition by hundreds of professional astronomers led by Dr. Alan Stern, Principal Investigator of NASA’s New Horizons mission to Pluto.

• Chibi Jennifer August 1, 2009 at 8:51 am #

wow, very informational. Thanks for sharing ^_^

• Amy August 3, 2009 at 9:52 am #

Thank you so much for this information! Now I can defend Pluto as a planet!

24. Jen July 31, 2009 at 7:11 am #

I lol’d

25. Midnite July 31, 2009 at 7:08 am #

I’m absolutely in LOVE <3 with the first 2 panels!