#21 Seiya’s Odango Obsession

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Douinshi #21 Seiya's Odango Obsession featuring Seiya Kou/Sailor Star Fighter and Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

Seiya: Odango!
Usagi: *Looking annoyed* Hey!

Seiya: Odango!
Usagi: *Looking annoyed* Oii…

Sailor Star Fighter: HEY ODANGO!

Sailor Star Fighter: *Quickly turns away* Sorry, wrong person.
[[Eternal Sailor Moon glares at her.]]
Sailor Star Fighter (thinking): Oh crap, I thought she was Usagi!

137 Responses to “#21 Seiya’s Odango Obsession”

1. Sailorstarlover389 May 31, 2011 at 12:53 am #

I love this one!!mostly because i think that usagi and seiya are a good cuople and that both of them in sailor stars they cuss alot even luna the cat! 8O

2. Tsubasa Chronicles Starlight April 27, 2011 at 6:21 am #

What is behind Usagi in the 2nd panel??

• saillor moon is awsome November 30, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

i dont think there is anything behind her…

• Chibi Jennifer November 30, 2011 at 9:16 pm #

yeh, those arrows were pointing at her odangos ^^;

3. Sailor Asteroid April 12, 2011 at 9:35 am #

I wonder how Chibiusa’s hair became pink.
    I mean Usagi’s hair is Blond and Mamoru’s hair
    is Black? Hmm….. Well, that might just be a mystery
    for us fans to find out….

• Tsubasa Chronicles Starlight April 27, 2011 at 6:20 am #

U can look it up on http://www.moonsisters.org That’s how I found out.

• tsukitenshi May 27, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

Biologically? Don’t be silly, this is Sailor Moon :p But for the meta-reasoning, Naoko originally wanted a pink haired heroine, but that idea was rejected, so Usagi is blond. Instead, Chibi-Usa got pink hair :3

4. Hinaichigo March 17, 2011 at 9:37 am #

xDDD i love this one!
    it always puzzles me how the enemies and other people can never figure out usagi is sailor moon..i mean, she has the same hairstyle! xDD

in some newer anime, they have the girls’ eyes change color when she transforms..but in sailor moon they look exactly the same! lol

5. Sailor Shadow February 2, 2011 at 8:02 am #

anybody else notice there seems to be a arm and hand in the 2nd panel?????? Anyway i luv your comics chibijennifer.

• Lolllllllll February 27, 2011 at 6:31 am #

That’s Usagi’s hair.

6. Starlight January 25, 2011 at 10:08 am #

Usagi should have realized that Fighter is Seiya. That just shows how blonde she is. LOL :D

7. Celestial November 12, 2010 at 12:53 pm #

the 4th box is classic. Usagi’s eyes in the 4th box are so funny!

8. Rose Dragon November 11, 2010 at 9:55 am #

What I don’t get is how most of the people don’t get the concept of BLOND. I mean really there is like two blonds in Tokyo and they are both Sailor Scouts. Also why can’t some of the first villains just GO TO A DIFFERENT TOWN! Really, some of them could just go to like Russia or something and probably have no problems what so ever. Just my thoughts on some of the screw ups in the shows.

• Chibi Jennifer November 11, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

Except…there’s also people with green & blue hair like Michiru/Ami 8D Don’t see that often, lol

• Wanita May 9, 2011 at 5:07 am #

I feel so much happier now I understand all this. Tnkhas!

• A3Kitsune August 24, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

As far as the first season villains go, they did go to different towns and countrys. Sailor Venus hunted them down wherever they set up shop, until she had eliminated all their non-Tokyo operations. However, all mention of Sailor V’s pre-joining-the-groop exploits were removed from the dub.

9. kawai prerna November 6, 2010 at 4:39 am #

yay “odango” hey “odango”hey
    just luv it soooooo much.
    just look at usagi’s eyes in comic 4.
    lol hahaha gr8 :)

10. Sailor Asteroid September 15, 2010 at 8:52 pm #

Its sooo crazy that nobody has noticed that Usagi is Sailor Moon!!! I mean, really, what other would have the exact same hairstyle, hair color and hair length!I mean, c’mon!!! Oh ya, this is one of my fave comic strips on this site!

-Sailor Asteroid-

• Chibi Jennifer September 16, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

Thank you! :) It’s one of the things that bugged me about Sailor Moon.. xD

• whatever! November 8, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

thats because of the magical disguising powers of her tiara! and remember, the moon is even better disguise =D

• bunyip September 9, 2011 at 7:07 am #

In the manga they don’t take it to these silly lengths, where seeing someone in a hero’s costume makes them unrecognizable. Usagi and Mamoru end up recognizing each other in normal clothing.

Also in anime, the hair colors are just there as a visual effect for the audience. It’s assumed that all of the characters have normal black Japanese hair, which is why they don’t stand out like freaks in public. But for instance Makoto’s hair would be a slightly brownish-black, and Rei’s has that “so dark it almost looks purplish” appearance to it.

The hairstyle though… I could see someone thinking “well it could be any girl with long hair, she adopts that style along with the costume”… but then seeing that exact hair on Usagi would certainly look like a giveaway.

11. eternal moon August 19, 2010 at 11:40 pm #

WHAT A FUCK!!!!! (Sorry,if my comment annoying you,gomen nasai!!)

12. girlwholovessailormars4life August 18, 2010 at 11:05 am #

D: i dont get it.

13. bunnychan July 12, 2010 at 5:37 am #

I think it should be obvious Usagi is sailor
    Moon,Its just her in a senshi suit

• Chibi Jennifer July 13, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

And not to mention the senshi suit looks so similar to her school uniform XD

14. Princess Luna June 18, 2010 at 3:17 am #

lol random hand in the 2nd panel :P and seiya lost his eyes so thats why he called her odango again XD id probably hit him for the random insult during a fight lol

• Sailor_Lyoko June 18, 2010 at 6:45 am #

it’s the end of her odango :D

15. SailorUranusFan June 7, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

my friend was playing w/ my hair b4 i got it cut and he stuck them up usagi style and i couldnt take them down so he called me odango for 8 hours until my mom took them down after school so annoying ……

• Sailor_Lyoko June 13, 2010 at 12:12 am #

heehee poor you :’(

• SailorUranusFan June 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm #

it was so annoying and when i walked through the door after school my mom goes “oh honey who
        did your hair its soooo cute!” i then stormed up stairs to the room i shared with my sister ..

• Sailor_Lyoko June 16, 2010 at 2:35 am #

D:

• luna lover July 5, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

sorry for butting in but ARE YOU SERIOUS????

• Uranusfan July 13, 2010 at 1:17 pm #

she is not kidding i was such a mean person about two years ago

• sailoruranusfan July 29, 2010 at 1:46 pm #

hmph lol u ARE mean still!!! and this is the last time u use my e-mail lol

16. Neoqueencosmos May 19, 2010 at 4:04 am #

how can anyone not recognise that usagi is sailor moon? i mean ppl say they look different when they transform so does that mean when usagi transforms into sailor moon she gets a nose job? and
    bigger eyes or sumthing?

• Chibi Jennifer May 19, 2010 at 9:09 am #

lol…..

Never thought about the surgery thing XD

• Haleymw1 June 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

I think it’s the nail polish that they put on under the gloves, verrrry subtle so nobody recognizes them

• Chibi Jennifer July 13, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

Oh yesh, the magical nail polish D:

• SugarLuna August 18, 2010 at 1:22 am #

Bahaha, YES. :D

17. Hotaru/Lilac April 30, 2010 at 6:59 pm #

I HATE SEIYA!!!
    WHAT IS WITH HIM???
    HE LOVES USAGI!!!!!!!
    USAGI BELONGS TO MAMORU

• Chibi Jennifer May 1, 2010 at 8:04 am #

Oh, let’s please keep the anti-Seiya topic away from here :) (Don’t want it to turn into a nasty debate- plus I happen to love Seiya ^^;;)

18. Nyx December 28, 2009 at 5:24 am #

Their clothes are so cute~~
    ha ha ha

19. Joine December 19, 2009 at 12:44 am #

Maybe he/she didn’t reconize Usagi as Sailor Moon because Miss Moon wears odango covers? XD

• Chibi Jennifer December 28, 2009 at 9:10 am #

LOL! You’re RIGHT! MUST BE THE COVERS!

• Usagi629 February 13, 2010 at 3:25 am #

Just like Clark Kent’s glasses, right? :-P

20. AmaraMichelle November 6, 2009 at 7:28 pm #

I love Seryia, he’s so kawai

21. Kibou no Hikari October 10, 2009 at 4:30 pm #

No one ever calls Sailor Moon “odango”… And Usagi seems to be the only person who’s blonde and has that hairstyle!! The only person who has ever put two and two together was Fiore, seemed too easy for him. Seiya’s so cute…

Very nice!! I didn’t even think about this idea!

• Chibi Jennifer October 10, 2009 at 4:32 pm #

Thanksss :D! (No one ever calls Princess/Neo-Queen Serenity Odango either XD)

I think Fiore figured it out way too easily though… it’s too un-Sailor Moon for him to know so quick. lol

22. Lt-Settai-Tenshi October 8, 2009 at 9:37 am #

Seems like Seiya is hungry all the time. I would’ve said, ‘Get those billiard balls off your head, dumb f***!!’……O o If the Starlights got knocked up, what would happen to their male forms?

23. Caroline September 25, 2009 at 4:11 pm #

Funny comic! I like Usagi’s face on the strip-4!
    Yah, poor Seiya.
    Love MoonSticks! >w<

• Chibi Jennifer September 25, 2009 at 4:14 pm #

haha yeh- I wonder what Usagi thinks to that?? xD

24. Peter September 2, 2009 at 11:54 pm #

LOL, I actually like the fact that Fighter doesn’t have eyes in the panel. It makes it seem like she is yelling like a fool. It’s a tad more believable in PGSM how nobody recognizes them since their hair actually changes and stuff, but in the anime c’mon there was no excuse. Shingo even had a crush on Sailor Moon in one episode!!! Doesn’t he know his own sister, yuck!

• Chibi Jennifer September 3, 2009 at 11:10 am #

lol… Shingo part is a bit disturbing XD

And I agree, in PGSM they look quite different! I mean.. if a costume is going to make people not recognise you..then why, why..does Tuxedo Mask need a mask? LOL. Once his mask is off people know who he is instantly!

25. kressa August 27, 2009 at 11:24 am #

lol at the last panel XD usagi’s expression is priceless!

• Chibi Jennifer August 27, 2009 at 11:29 am #

hahaha glad you thought it was funny!
      And thanks so much for the RT ^___^