[Sailor Moon Crystal: Character Designs]

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal Sailor Senshi Character Designs

[Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal] character designs have been revealed, along with the voice acting cast AND official air date! Click here for more info on Sailor Moon Crystal and to see the trailer!!
What do you think of the new designs? :D Comment below and let us know!

Click on the image above to continue reading our comic strips :D

Hi! I'm Chibi Jen and I've been making cute and fun Sailor Moon comic strips since 2009. If you enjoy my comics, please consider tipping to show your appreciation. Thanks for the support ❤

99 Responses to “[Sailor Moon Crystal: Character Designs]”

1. MoonSticks - Sailor Moon Comic Strips May 2, 2014 at 2:57 am #

ahaha :D Jupiter only really has a belt in her PGSM form though. Even in the manga, it only appeared in some artworks but is left out in the actual manga :)

2. Chrissy Eko May 2, 2014 at 1:21 am #

Love it! :D

3. SailorStar9 May 2, 2014 at 9:46 am #

As long as they give the other Senshi more screentime, I’m happy.

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2014 at 9:01 pm #

Screentime for character development is always a plus :)

4. ArtistMeli May 2, 2014 at 9:22 am #

LOL, I love this!

5. Jonathan May 2, 2014 at 9:05 am #

Your drawings look much better than the redesign

6. Ella May 2, 2014 at 9:04 am #

the positioning of rei’s scroll makes it look like she’s holding hands with mina across the panel <3

7. Michael May 2, 2014 at 9:03 am #

Was half-expecting a little caption over Jupiter saying, ‘Where’s MY belt?’ :D

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2014 at 10:56 am #

8. V_Lix May 2, 2014 at 9:02 am #

And Rei will still be in high heels too this time, hope she’s got some bandages ready XDD I somewhat like it too that her hair is more purplish this time around compared to the old time’s purple highlight only. Kinda gives her a slightly different image, as Manga Rei is more serious and reserved than her 90s anime counterpart most of the times. We have yet to see her entirely in her Miko attire though (just the headshot in her civilian character design with her school uniform), because I like her when she’s wearing that outfit in particular.

I hope there will be more than one season to this one as well, 26 episodes don’t seem enough to quench my thirst after all the wait xD

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2014 at 10:53 am #

haha yeah… 26 episodes for one season sounds like a good number though :) Hopefully this means less fillers and more plot! :D For me quality over quantity (not that I mind more) Obviously I also hope there will be more after that (and that they cover all 5 seasons eventually!!) Will be a long long wait though if they continue to broadcast only 2 episodes per month! It feels like we’re constantly waiting, doesn’t it? ^^”

I like Mars’s purple hair too :3

• V_Lix May 2, 2014 at 8:37 pm #

Yeah, and I hope they spread the plot evenly throughout the season so there won’t be any part that seems rushed (like the case of the Witches 5). and YES, I WOULD LOOOVE FOR ALL 5 SEASONS TO BE REBOOTED ! 8D If that does happen though, maybe a fortnightly episode would be best ? Because hopefully that gives them extra time to work on the next season so we won’t have like a year gap between each season. #wishfulthinking xD

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2014 at 9:02 pm #

I actually hope after this season they’ll just decide to put it back on TV XDDD

9. MoonSticks - Sailor Moon Comic Strips May 1, 2014 at 11:01 pm #

Ohh haha, no, the Jen who ran sailormoon.org is not me XD But I’ve been around for a long long time myself XD

10. TennyCap May 2, 2014 at 8:59 am #

Love it, I hope this new SM give you lots of inspiration for Moon Sticks.

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2014 at 10:49 am #

Thanks TennyCap :D ! Still undecided on whether MoonSticks will feature Sailor Moon Crystal comics or not..but guess we’ll see :)

11. LamangoKaijura May 2, 2014 at 8:58 am #

It’s weird we’re only going to get two episodes a month. But hey, let them work as much as they can on it.

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2014 at 10:49 am #

Yeah, it’s going to be quite a long journey! Hopefully it means they’re spending more effort on it so it’d not rushed.. as oppose to them just allocating resources to other projects ^^”

• LamangoKaijura May 2, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

One episode will be dedicated to duct taping ChibiUsa to a ceiling fan. Trust me, my dad works at Nintendo.

12. Tengger-Wolf May 2, 2014 at 8:57 am #

cute ^^ i’m so excited to see the new show *_*

13. unconventionalsenshi May 2, 2014 at 8:57 am #

Better than original new design, imho XD

14. Travis Truant Simpson May 1, 2014 at 9:59 pm #

I hope they use the anime Grandpa design over the manga one.

15. Ella Bailey May 1, 2014 at 9:41 pm #

16. Jennova Parker May 1, 2014 at 9:37 pm #

anyways wanted to say I miss the pre-google sailor moon community. i do wonder where they all gone. thanks for your website reminds me of how the internet used to be :)

17. Jennova Parker May 1, 2014 at 9:34 pm #

cause the website run by someone named Jen, thought might have been same person dunno why :p

18. Jennova Parker May 1, 2014 at 9:25 pm #

ohhh k might get you confused, cool to know you been around since then. a real moonie :)

19. Crystal Matos May 1, 2014 at 9:23 pm #

So cute

20. MoonSticks - Sailor Moon Comic Strips May 1, 2014 at 9:20 pm #

Maybe…I did have an account there.. don’t think I was very active though?