Sailor Moon Crystal Dream Arc “Sailor Moon Eternal” Movie (2021)

Sailor Moon Eternal Part 2 Official Poster featuring 10 Sailor Senshi in Eternal forms
Official movie poster for “Sailor Moon Eternal” Part 2 released February 11th 2021 in Japanese theatres. It is available to view on Netflix worldwide from June 3.
Sailor Moon Eternal Part 2 Official Poster
Official poster for “Sailor Moon Eternal” Part 1 out January 8th 2021 in Japan.
Sailor Moon Eternal The Movie: Super Sailor Moon and Queen Nehellenia official poster
Super Sailor Moon & Queen Nehellenia on an official movie visual
Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Poster
One of the first “Sailor Moon Eternal” visuals featuring Super Sailor Moon and Super Sailor Chibimoon.

Sailor Moon Crystal “Season 4” is a 2-part theatrical release titled “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal: The Movie.” Part 1 was originally set for September 11th 2020 but due to the global pandemic, it was postponed to January 8th 2021. Part 2 released a month later on February 11th 2021. It’s now available on Netflix worldwide from June 3 for International viewers!

It is based on the Dream Arc/Dead Moon Arc, known as ‘Sailor Moon SuperS’ in the 90s anime series, though it follows closely to the manga (which has a very different storyline and new characters)!

The story follows on from “Sailor Moon Crystal season 3’s cliffhanger ending; with Usagi and Chibiusa hearing the sound of a bell.

Chiaki Kon (Director for Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3) directed the two films. Kazuko Tadano (character designer for the original 90s Sailor Moon anime) returned to design characters for the project.

Sailor Moon Eternal (2021) Official Poster

When & where can I watch “Sailor Moon Eternal”?

Sailor Moon Eternal Part 1 & 2 is now available on Netflix Worldwide! Go watch it :D!

Why is Sailor Moon in her Eternal form? Isn’t this Season 4/SuperS?

Good question! If you’re familiar with the 90s anime, Usagi does not become Eternal Sailor Moon until the 5th and final arc “Sailor Stars”. This is because “Sailor Moon Crystal” follows the storyline of the manga, and Usagi and the other Sailor Guardians become their “Eternal” forms towards the end of this arc.

Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Trailers

Trailer for Sailor Moon Eternal Part 2:

Trailer for Sailor Moon Eternal Part 1:

First teaser trailer for Sailor Moon Eternal Movie:

Character Designs

Sailor Moon Eternal Inner Senshi Character Designs

Theme song: Moon Color Chainon (Tsukiiro Chainon)

See the teaser promo video below of「月色 Chainon」by Momoiro Clover Z.

Momoiro Clover Z Edition

Ending theme songs

The ending theme for the first film will be Watashi-tachi ni Naritakute (私たちになりたくて, Wanting to Be Together with You), performed by Yoko Ishida.

“Rashiku” Ikimasho (“らしく” いきましょ, “I’ll Go As Myself”), performed by Anza will be the ending theme song for the second film.

Voice cast

CereCere: Reina Ueda
PallaPalla: Sumire Morohoshi
VesVes: Rie Takahashi
Fish Eye: Shouta Aoi
Tiger’s Eye: Satoshi Hino
Hawk’s Eye: Toshiyuki Toyonaga

Where can I buy official Sailor Moon Crystal goods/merchandise?

Visit our Sailor Moon Shopping Guide for links to buy!
For more info on Sailor Moon Crystal: Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3.

Are we getting Sailor Moon Crystal Season 5?

Though it is very likely we’ll be getting the fifth and final arc- Sailor Stars, an official announcement has yet to be made. Stayed tuned for any news and updates.

Have you seen the movies? Comment below and share your thoughts!

218 Responses to “Sailor Moon Crystal Dream Arc “Sailor Moon Eternal” Movie (2021)”

1. Kat April 28, 2020 at 11:37 am #

This is the super sailor moon costume not the eternal one

• Dzenana April 28, 2020 at 11:37 am #

its because the two movies will be about the 4th season where she still has this costume :)

2. Rachel April 28, 2020 at 11:33 am #

Right but sailor moon starts as super sailor moon in the fourth arc and then ends as eternal sailor moon it’s just the title of the movie coming out

• Tifa April 28, 2020 at 11:34 am #

In the 90s series, which for some reason started with the end of the deadmoon arc instead of teasing the eternal costume at the end of season 4 and starting fresh with the star arc in 5.

• Tifa April 28, 2020 at 11:35 am #

Also the title of this movie makes no sense.

• Rachel April 28, 2020 at 11:36 am #

Well since this is based on the manga more closely then the 90s she would hopefully get the eternal outfit at the end but I agree with your title of the movie makes no sense it should be like sailor moon dream or something different

3. Sarah April 28, 2020 at 11:31 am #

The colors and opacity is perfectly modeled after the manga artwork, but drawn in the original 90’s anime style. It’s beautiful! This gives me hope that it’s worth the years long wait!

4. Giesla April 28, 2020 at 11:25 am #

She looks awesome! I wish crystal started with this kind of design.

• Brittany April 28, 2020 at 11:26 am #

I agree, Im stuck on watching season 1 of crystal because of the design and the English voices they used..

• Tifa April 28, 2020 at 11:30 am #

I promise it improved a lot in season 3

• Brittany April 28, 2020 at 11:30 am #

that’s good cause I bought the first 2 season years ago. I’m still trying too finish it lol

• Crissy April 30, 2020 at 12:08 am #

It’s so much better in Japanese…the voices, the reactions… I can not watch it in English.

• Trisha Tsukino January 11, 2021 at 4:54 pm #

same i can only watch it in japanese but is there english sub

• Annie April 28, 2020 at 11:28 am #

Toei animators had a hard time transitioning their art style from ONE PIECE, probably the longest running modern-anime series ever, which was why it looked weird. But, they cleaned it up in the bluray editions. Also, Crunchyroll had original Japanese dialogue / English subbed versions. Try watching that instead to avoid the dubs.

5. Georgia April 28, 2020 at 11:24 am #

Naturally, it looks like the original.
    Why did they even bother with the stupid-looking design (no, it DIDN’T look like the manga).

6. KhanKimchiiiiii April 19, 2020 at 6:54 am #

I HOPE ITS ON HULU FOR GODS SAKE

7. Tsukino+Chiba April 18, 2020 at 5:59 am #

IF it appears in the US, I hope it’s dubbed!

8. Tsukino+Chiba April 18, 2020 at 5:55 am #

Why is it only in Japan? Ppl in de US enjoy anime too

• Chibi Jennifer April 18, 2020 at 11:18 am #

I’m sure there will be a way for international fans to enjoy the movie as well (though it may not be in theatres)

9. I wanna be a sailor guardian April 14, 2020 at 11:37 am #

I hope I dont end up in tears (like I did in the previous seasons)

10. ~♡~ April 14, 2020 at 3:53 am #

OMG I cannot believe this! Too bad we can’t see it in the theater. But still, TOO EXITED!

• Chibi Jennifer April 14, 2020 at 8:15 am #

Yeah! Hopefully it won’t be delayed *fingers crossed* It’s been a loooong wait!

11. Aarmau And Sailor moon RULESSSS!! October 25, 2019 at 2:00 pm #

me; looks at titel.. WHOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOO
    My mom: Jeez..

:P

12. twoandahalfcents July 28, 2019 at 10:21 am #

Here’s an idea. Fix the mind numbingly lazy writing. Give the supporting cast some characterisation and substance that doesn’t revolve around propping up Usagi. Fight scenes that don’t consist of the Inners being slapped around, captured and brainwashed until either the Outers or Mamoru swoop in and look good at their expense. Villains who posses some degree of personality beyond ‘har har I’m evil’. And lastly stop relying on nostagia to draw in interest.

Oh who am I kidding. It will be business as usual… -_-

• Chibi Jennifer July 30, 2019 at 8:28 pm #

I find all those seem to be issues with the manga ^^”

• Mramisuzuki April 15, 2020 at 7:57 am #

This real shit?

You know there is a specific source crystal follows pretty close?

• Roundtheblend January 23, 2021 at 5:09 am #

Follows clumsily, and doesn’t make any attempt to tidy up its problems, whilst relying a lot on blind bias and nostalgia to carry its weakness. Being closer to the source material doesn’t’ make something automatically ‘good’ or above criticism.

Crystal is just lazy.

• Nico April 27, 2020 at 8:01 am #

I agree with you. I’m excited to see this Season because it is my favorite arc in the manga. But I still feel just as critical as you about this. They’re relying way too much on the bs nostalgia and I’m so tired of it. It’s an excuse to not come up with new ideas. I was so excited to see what the Senshi’s new attacks would look like but it looks like they’re just replicating the lame 90’s versions. On top of that, I was hoping Sailor Moon’s new attack would also not look like the 90’s…but it does ._. The character development that’s lacking that you mentioned is partially due to the fact that they never expanded on the manga storyline. They could’ve extended fights and such but didn’t. They literally stripped the story of important details too. For example, they never showed direct imagery of Metalia coming from the sun and raining down onto the Earth as uncorrupted Beryl watched, they changed Beryl’s death to a lame necklace breaking stunt, they never addressed why Queen Serenity’s seal on Metalia was imperfect, and they censored a lot of scenes where deaths should’ve been at least slightly more graphic. It’s sad.

• Sahrey Titan June 13, 2020 at 6:09 am #

Okay I agree with a lot of your points. They should’ve shown where Metallia came from and why Queen Serenity’s seal wasn’t perfect (nice plot hole there left there).

Although I will point out that at least they differed from the Shitennou’s deaths so that we could actually get confirmation on something a LOT of people speculated about in terms of relationships between them and the Inner Senshi with the manga version.

There is one thing I will not agree with you on; the deaths. You do know that Sailor Moon is considered a Shoujo manga/anime right? Not a horror? Cause if you actually look at some of the manga deaths and think of them in terms of anime that’d be pretty graphic. I mean Jadeite gets burned ALIVE by Mars. Nephrite and Zoisite torn to shreds by Jupiter and Venus respectively. Kunzite gets killed by the Sailor Planet attack.

Beryl’s “weak” death is better than the actual one for anime. She gets stabbed by Venus. For any fan of Sailor Moon the manga version is acceptable for that death because in anime you have to make it look more real. It takes more time and really sinks in that, yes, a Sailor Scout just took a sword and shoved it into a person. In the manga it just feels like two seconds between her being stabbed and her turning into dust. You coprehend it but are more like “cool she turned to dust!”

That and I think they just didn’t want to have to put Sailor Moon in that position (since it was her in the anime that killed Beryl). It would seem like the ultimate wrong. I’d rather keep my good memories of a light hearted Sailor Moon than watch that kind of scene personally. Crystal can go a little dark, sure, but not THAT dark.

• Sahrey Titan June 13, 2020 at 6:15 am #

Edit: I meant to type comprehend in the second to last paragraph, but my phone sent it before I finished checking. Last time I will do that on an iPhone.

My autocorrect catches the weirdest things but apparently can’t fix the mispelling of comprehend. *sigh*

• Sarah January 25, 2021 at 6:42 am #

the 90s transformations were great ..lol honestly is anyone here a real fan ? Do you just expect pretty colors and a copy cat version of the manga?

13. Vanessa July 3, 2019 at 10:57 am #

Finally!!! My favourite arc is getting remade in Crystal, I’ve waited for so long for this!

• twoandahalfcents July 28, 2019 at 10:09 am #

Frankly I fully expect this to suck as bad as the first two arcs did. I don’t care how different it is to the 90’s anime, or how ‘faithful’ it is to the tediously overated manga. The main characters are woefully underdeveloped, the writing is consistantly lazy, the villains bland and interchangable. Not to mention how plain pathetic the Inner Senshi are. If this had been some standalone project, no one would have given it the time of day. It’s completely dependant on bias and nostalgia…

• ChikinNippls420 January 31, 2020 at 2:49 pm #

Negative Nancy much? Here’s an idea, why don’t you make your own version, become internationally famous, and have everyone tell you how much they think everything you do sucks? Don’t like it, don’t watch it then… No reason for you to try to ruin it for everyone.

• Noah June 21, 2020 at 4:25 pm #

Get your negative ass out of here. No one is forcing you to watch the movie or read the manga. Nobody needs your negativity. Quite frankly it’s irritating.

• Roundtheblend January 23, 2021 at 5:04 am #

Ironic, because I find a lot of you Crystal apologists irritating myself. Not to mention your feeble counter to what is rather honest criticism because you can’t handle it.

• Trisha January 13, 2021 at 10:21 am #

I like Sailor Moon Crystal better than Sailor moon
      But like in what website do we watch sailor moon eternal and i would love it to be japanese anguage with english sub plzzz can u tell me where we acn watch it?

14. Shelby July 3, 2019 at 10:56 am #

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!! I’ve been waiting for so long!!! I can’t wait until they adapt the Stars arc too!

15. Shannon July 3, 2019 at 10:56 am #

Happy we got a little peak into the trailer but why make us wait a whole year?

• Nico April 27, 2020 at 7:54 am #

I agree. The issue here is, had they had a larger budget, they could’ve made Crystal badass. The reality is, the manga (which I prefer over the misleading storyline of the 90’s anime) works as a comic book. However, because they had a shitty budget, Crystal turned out to be underwhelming because they did not add anything to the manga storyline. The manga does not translate well to anime unless more development was added to the characters. For example, the fight scenes could’ve been longer and more appealing instead of quick. In the manga, the fight scenes were quick in order to get through the story. I also don’t feel like the Crystal version is being faithful to the manga in terms of grotesque imagery. The change they made to Beryl’s death was pathetic and cheesy compared to her actual death in the manga (which was done by Venus not Sailor Moon). And the censoring they did with some of the deaths was disappointing (not showing Eudial’s daimon form, not showing Uranus cutting Viluy in half, making Tellu’s daimon less monstrous and mostly feminine with sharo teeth, etc.). Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to finally see my favorite arc be interpreted through animation— especially princess Serenity’s christening ceremony scene— but the trailer obviously reveals to us that they relied WAY TOO MUCH to the 90’s which isn’t even a legitimate source of the actual story. This lacks creativity of what their season 4 attacks could’ve looked like instead of relying on and catering to nostalgia and all that bs. Nostalgia is great but tbh Crystal is overdoing it at this point. I figured this would happen once they mentioned recruiting that one artist from the 90’s anime. Sigh….

• Chibi Jennifer April 27, 2020 at 8:09 am #

I totally agree about the lack of creativity and how the manga translate poorly into anime..the pace doesn’t work. If you just recreate everything panel by panel without adding anything, it tends to fall flat…

• sarah January 25, 2021 at 6:44 am #

the 90s had a great story so what if it doesn’t follow the manga? also the animation was exceptional

16. AngryMoonie1997 April 18, 2018 at 9:43 am #

This shit BETETR stick to the manga!! No cutting corners!

• Manga34times June 20, 2019 at 9:34 am #

Please me and my sister just finished it on hulu

• twoandahalfcents July 28, 2019 at 10:12 am #

As far as I’ve seen, sticking closely to the Manga has been the primary reason why Crystal has largely been shit… -_-

• Chibi Jennifer July 30, 2019 at 8:31 pm #

I feel like they could have made it faithful to the manga without making it EXACTLY like the manga, if that makes sense. The pacing all feels off when adapting manga panels into animation frames.

17. yuva July 7, 2017 at 12:58 pm #

I’m glad that crystal is continue. I don’t care if it seris or movie as long as it stick to the original manga. i loke the 90’s anime but still it’s nothing compared to the manga. But for the stars i need some different from the manga like reviving the shitennou (the four knights of prince endymion)

18. Charlie Edwards July 2, 2017 at 1:33 pm #

Not really sure how I feel about this! I was really looking forward to having the dream arc be spread out into 13 episodes like the previous seasons and now everything is being combined into one giant 2-part movie?! I mean, I wish the Dream arc could get the same treatment as seasons 1-3 did, but if both movies have a run time that’s just as about as long as the Harry Potter films, then I could definitely get on board.

• Poof July 3, 2017 at 5:04 am #

I agree I’m so excited!!^^

19. chrissy henderson July 2, 2017 at 8:48 am #

Totally excited

20. Aileen Marie Ravelo June 30, 2017 at 9:53 pm #

If it’s anything like the new digimon tri each “movie” is about 4 episodes so… id say about 8 episodes. This would be the circus arc with Helios, yeah?