About

Welcome to MoonSticks – a series of adorable & humorous Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon comic strips by Chibi Jennifer. We launched on the 5th April 2009 with the goal of celebrating Sailor Moon one comic panel at a time. If you enjoy our comics, please consider buying me a coffee! Your support is very much appreciated and helps me keep the comics coming.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Make sure to leave comments as I love hearing from you :D!  I always read them and do my best to reply to your messages. Please enjoy your stay!

About the Artist

I’m Chibi Jennifer aka Chibi Jen, a huge Sailor Moon fan from Sydney Australia. I have a big soft spot for the classic 90s anime and the Japanese live action adaption ‘Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon‘ (PGSM). I built my first Sailor Moon fansite in 2000 titled Chibi Land. I love drawing, cooking and Japanese culture! Feel free to check out my personal blog where I talk about Sailor Moon and other passions :)

Favourite characters: Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon, Haruka Tenou/Sailor Uranus & Seiya Kou/Sailor Star Fighter
Favourite couple: Usagi x Seiya, Chibiusa x Helios
Favourite season: Stars (Seiya & Usagi <3) and S (For the outer senshi)

About the Site / FAQs

1. How often do you update with new comics?
It’s a bit random and sparse at the moment! Best to subscribe so you know when.

2. Can I re-post your comics onto my site/blog/tumblr/forum?
Yes you can! Just remember to credit link back to Moonsticks.org so others know where it came from :) (Please don’t crop off or edit our comics)

3. Can I edit your comics?
Sorry, no (unless you’re translating and removing the speech text). Also, please don’t make money off them (I don’t)

4. Can I translate your comics into my own language?
Yes, but please provide an accurate translation and credit link back to MoonSticks.org (Please don’t crop off the credits from our comics)

5. I have an awesome/funny comic idea! Do you take suggestions?
Suggestions are always welcome. I appreciate them even if I don’t end up using it :) Contact me here.

6. What’s ‘MoonSticks’ exactly? How did you come up with this name?
It’s a pun, referring to Sailor Moon’s wand (Moon Stick) and ‘stick’ figure drawings :3

7. Are you making comics for ‘Sailor Moon Crystal’?
Check them out here. See more on Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal here.

MoonSticks has been featured & mentioned on other sites! Check them out here:
MoonSticks on TV Tropes Thank you to the fans who set up & contributed to this page :)!
Bedknobs & MoonSticks (Apr 2014): Interview with ShojoPower.com
Web Crush Wednesdays: MoonSticks (Jul 2013) by Lady Geek Girls
Video Interview with Moonkitty.net (Jan 2013)
Sailor Moon Site Spotlights (Dec 2012): Review by Isshou-ni.net
Interview with Moonkitty.net (Jun 2009)

Want to get in touch? Contact me here.

245 Responses to “About”

1. =) June 24, 2010 at 11:19 am #

Hi Chibi Jennifer!

I just wanted to let you know how much I LOOOVE your comic strip! I found it about a month ago, and I think the art & the jokes are really great! They always brighten my day. =D

I’m a total Sailor Moon fan ^_^ and it makes really happy to see that the fandom, the inside jokes and the awesome Sailor Senshis are here to stay!

Thank you for taking the time to put these comics together!

• Chibi Jennifer June 24, 2010 at 11:41 am #

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave such a kind comment :D
      Very happy to know you enjoy them, and thanks for following~

2. SailorUranusFan June 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

i love your comics they help me start my weekend off with a laugh thier all so cute lol
    and they seem to revolve on questions sailormoon fans every where ask on a daily basis! :)

• Chibi Jennifer June 15, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Thanks for reading ^_^ Really happy to see you enjoying these :)

3. redhood June 13, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

Oh my gosh! I love this site. I have been a fan of the series since I was a mere chibi myself, and I think your comic is a wonderful tribute!

p.s. i love your art!

4. Juliet June 7, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

I am a big fan of your comics! My favorite comic is the ones with seiya and haruka. Anyways I think you should make a whole series about those two it would be amazing,

5. tuxedominimask May 24, 2010 at 9:20 am #

I freakin love your comic. I have been a fan since comic 17! Your comics give me and other readers the ‘sailor moon’ feeling every time I read them :D. Just thought I would let you know :)

• Chibi Jennifer May 24, 2010 at 1:40 pm #

wow, thanks very much for taking the time to leave such kind compliments :D It really makes me happy to know people are enjoying them =D

• tuxedominimask May 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

*gasp* You replied! I am not worthy! I am not worthy! oO

6. PizzaRolls May 20, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

I just discovered your webpage while looking for sailor moon manga images. I LOVE your comics and urge you to continue them. You are very talented. Also, thank you for the manga artbook webpage which I am under the impression that you also run. I can’t thank you or compliment you enough for all you have achieved on your various webpages!

• Chibi Jennifer May 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

Hi Pizzarolls, thanks so much for leaving such a kind comment! Very happy you enjoy MoonSticks =) I’m not sure about the manga artbook webpage you’re mentioning- are you referring to “Manga-Style”? If so, I don’t run it, hehehe ^_^ I only run two Sailor Moon related sites- MoonSticks and Chibi Land :)

Enjoy your stay!

7. engsamnang March 31, 2010 at 9:39 pm #

hello, Chibi. I enjoy your comic so bad. So funny and worth-reading. Keep up with your work

• Chibi Jennifer April 1, 2010 at 11:00 am #

Hi engsamnang, nice to see you here! :) Thanks so much for your supportive comments!

8. Jumpyham March 31, 2010 at 6:18 am #

I have an idea!
    You know how in episode 162 (155 in English dub), Zirconia hit the eyeball thing to attack the senshi? I thought she was golfing. XD I was like, “Huh, I had no idea that Zirconia golfed!” rofl

9. blackneko March 22, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

=) I love you and your comics!!! I really do!

• Chibi Jennifer March 22, 2010 at 2:11 pm #

Thanks so much for your compliments :D Please continue to visit for more comics in the future!

10. Oksh March 20, 2010 at 11:09 am #

MOAAAAR~!

11. Dexel March 9, 2010 at 11:31 am #

Hi! I’m Dexie, and I just wanted to say, I quite enjoy your comics! They’re silly and funny! They make my week ^__^

12. karin March 9, 2010 at 11:28 am #

you are so awesome! how do you do them and my friend Audrey is the one who showed me this site but i can’t believe that i did not see it before she told me but anyway you ARE SO INCREDIBLE!!!

13. Cynthia February 25, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

I just found you site and I have to tell you I really can’t stop laugfing, great job, Greetings from Mexico City.

• Chibi Jennifer February 27, 2010 at 9:38 am #

Hi Cynthia, thank you for leaving a message =)

Glad you’re getting some good laughs out of MoonSticks ^^ Please visit again!

14. KikaiSaigono' February 7, 2010 at 11:24 am #

Sorry I took so long to comment after watching you, but… DX

Your comics are so amazing. Great stuff :3 Really adorable (and hilarious) drawings. Almost reminds me of Azumanga Sailor Moon, the way your comics are set up :3

I’m rewatching the entire series right now, which has put me on a tremendous nostalgic trip (and rekindled my love of drawing sailor moon fanart! :D)

Can’t wait to see more <3

• Chibi Jennifer February 7, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

aww, thank you for your very kind words on MoonSticks :) A few people have told me it reminded them of Azumanga (even though I haven’t seen it, nor am I familiar with the style) XD

I should re-watch the series some time too! My memory is getting a bit fuzzy too, lol (So far the comic ideas were from memory when I watched them years ago)

15. Joine December 18, 2009 at 12:35 pm #

Is that a picture of you I saw while reading about the awesume artist who has a very good sense of humor and good drawing ablities. X3

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

awww..so flattering ^.^; Thanks for all the compliments!!

• Joine December 18, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

I have a quick question, though; Why does Usagi have an ahoge? What I believe is an ahoge is that little thing atop her head on the MoonSticks logo. Just curious is all. :3

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

Oh wow, never knew there was a term for that strand of hair XD

I donno why it’s really there. Just looks funny XD

16. pixelmari October 9, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

OMG Iron Mouse HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA and the Usagi Tranformation one she is heavy in the last one

Pluto, “Come on Geniue give me a new transformation”

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA

• Chibi Jennifer October 9, 2009 at 1:23 pm #

hehe thanks for checking out MoonSticks :D
      Sounds like this is your first time visiting ^_^ Glad you’re liking what you see!

• pixelmari October 9, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

Yah 1st time. they are AWESOME!

One woulod be funny Usgai , Her Shoe, and Mamuru

17. Chibi Jennifer October 9, 2009 at 1:12 pm #

Thanks for your anticipation and support you guys :D

18. Jay October 9, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

I love these, i wait all week for them~ keep the great sailor moon stuff coming!

19. Caroline September 25, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

Oh my. I love so much your comic >w<
    It's so sweet and funny!

20. Chibi Jennifer September 20, 2009 at 8:46 am #

You guys are so sweet and lovely ^_^ Thank you!!