About

Welcome to MoonSticks – a series of adorable & humorous Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon comic strips/yonkoma by Chibi Jennifer. We launched on the 5th April 2009, and continue to update :D

You can subscribe and follow us here:

Subscribe to MoonSticks (Sailor Moon comics) RSS Feeds Follow ChibiJen on Twitter Like MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comics on Facebook Watch Chibi Jennifer on DeviantART Find Chibi Jennifer (MoonSticks) on Pinterest Follow Chibi Jennifer (MoonSticks) on Tumblr Follow Chibi Jennifer (MoonSticks Sailor Moon comics) on Google+

Make sure to leave comments as I love hearing from you :D!  I always read them and do my best to reply to your messages. See you around and enjoy your stay!

About the ArtistChibi Jennifer

Hi everyone! I’m ‘Chibi Jennifer’ aka Chibi/Chibi Jen, a 20-something year old Chinese girl from Sydney. I love love love Sailor Moon and have basically been watching (and re-watching) the anime all my life. I built my first Sailor Moon fansite in 2000 titled Chibi Land. Apart from being a moonie, I’m a full time web developer/designer. I love illustration, digital painting, blogging and all things Japanese! Feel free to check out my personal blog where I talk about my other passions :)

About the Site / FAQs

1. How often do you update with new comics?
MoonSticks previously updated every Friday. It now updates on a random basis.

2. Can I re-post your comics onto my site/blog/tumblr/forum?
Yes you can! Just remember to credit link back to Moonsticks.org so others know where it came from :) (Please don’t crop off or edit our comics)

3. Can I translate your comics into my own language?
I’m happy for you to do so provided you give an accurate translation and credit link back to MoonSticks.org (Please don’t crop off the credits from our comics)

4. I have an awesome/funny comic idea! Do you take suggestions?
Suggestions are always welcome! I appreciate them even if I don’t end up using it :) Contact me here.

5. What’s ‘MoonSticks’ exactly? How did you come up with this name?
It’s a pun, referring to Sailor Moon’s wand (The Moon Stick) and ‘stick’ figure drawings :3

6. Are you making comics for ‘Sailor Moon Crystal’ – the new anime?
Check them out here. See more on Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal here.

Have any more questions? Contact me here.

MoonSticks has been featured on other media/blogs! Check them out here:
Bedknobs & MoonSticks (Apr 2014): Interview with ShojoPower.com
Web Crush Wednesdays: MoonSticks (Jul 2013) by Lady Geek Girls
Video Interview with Moonkitty.net (Jan 2013)
Sailor Moon Site Spotlights (Dec 2012): Review by Isshou-ni.net
Interview with Moonkitty.net (Jun 2009)

Want to get in touch? Contact me here.

236 Responses to “About”

1. =) June 24, 2010 at 11:19 am #

Hi Chibi Jennifer!

I just wanted to let you know how much I LOOOVE your comic strip! I found it about a month ago, and I think the art & the jokes are really great! They always brighten my day. =D

I’m a total Sailor Moon fan ^_^ and it makes really happy to see that the fandom, the inside jokes and the awesome Sailor Senshis are here to stay!

Thank you for taking the time to put these comics together!

• Chibi Jennifer June 24, 2010 at 11:41 am #

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave such a kind comment :D
      Very happy to know you enjoy them, and thanks for following~

2. SailorUranusFan June 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

i love your comics they help me start my weekend off with a laugh thier all so cute lol
    and they seem to revolve on questions sailormoon fans every where ask on a daily basis! :)

• Chibi Jennifer June 15, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Thanks for reading ^_^ Really happy to see you enjoying these :)

3. redhood June 13, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

Oh my gosh! I love this site. I have been a fan of the series since I was a mere chibi myself, and I think your comic is a wonderful tribute!

p.s. i love your art!

4. Juliet June 7, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

I am a big fan of your comics! My favorite comic is the ones with seiya and haruka. Anyways I think you should make a whole series about those two it would be amazing,

5. tuxedominimask May 24, 2010 at 9:20 am #

I freakin love your comic. I have been a fan since comic 17! Your comics give me and other readers the ‘sailor moon’ feeling every time I read them :D. Just thought I would let you know :)

• Chibi Jennifer May 24, 2010 at 1:40 pm #

wow, thanks very much for taking the time to leave such kind compliments :D It really makes me happy to know people are enjoying them =D

• tuxedominimask May 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

*gasp* You replied! I am not worthy! I am not worthy! oO

6. PizzaRolls May 20, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

I just discovered your webpage while looking for sailor moon manga images. I LOVE your comics and urge you to continue them. You are very talented. Also, thank you for the manga artbook webpage which I am under the impression that you also run. I can’t thank you or compliment you enough for all you have achieved on your various webpages!

• Chibi Jennifer May 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

Hi Pizzarolls, thanks so much for leaving such a kind comment! Very happy you enjoy MoonSticks =) I’m not sure about the manga artbook webpage you’re mentioning- are you referring to “Manga-Style”? If so, I don’t run it, hehehe ^_^ I only run two Sailor Moon related sites- MoonSticks and Chibi Land :)

Enjoy your stay!

7. engsamnang March 31, 2010 at 9:39 pm #

hello, Chibi. I enjoy your comic so bad. So funny and worth-reading. Keep up with your work

• Chibi Jennifer April 1, 2010 at 11:00 am #

Hi engsamnang, nice to see you here! :) Thanks so much for your supportive comments!

8. Jumpyham March 31, 2010 at 6:18 am #

I have an idea!
    You know how in episode 162 (155 in English dub), Zirconia hit the eyeball thing to attack the senshi? I thought she was golfing. XD I was like, “Huh, I had no idea that Zirconia golfed!” rofl

9. blackneko March 22, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

=) I love you and your comics!!! I really do!

• Chibi Jennifer March 22, 2010 at 2:11 pm #

Thanks so much for your compliments :D Please continue to visit for more comics in the future!

10. Oksh March 20, 2010 at 11:09 am #

MOAAAAR~!

11. Dexel March 9, 2010 at 11:31 am #

Hi! I’m Dexie, and I just wanted to say, I quite enjoy your comics! They’re silly and funny! They make my week ^__^

12. karin March 9, 2010 at 11:28 am #

you are so awesome! how do you do them and my friend Audrey is the one who showed me this site but i can’t believe that i did not see it before she told me but anyway you ARE SO INCREDIBLE!!!

13. Cynthia February 25, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

I just found you site and I have to tell you I really can’t stop laugfing, great job, Greetings from Mexico City.

• Chibi Jennifer February 27, 2010 at 9:38 am #

Hi Cynthia, thank you for leaving a message =)

Glad you’re getting some good laughs out of MoonSticks ^^ Please visit again!

14. KikaiSaigono' February 7, 2010 at 11:24 am #

Sorry I took so long to comment after watching you, but… DX

Your comics are so amazing. Great stuff :3 Really adorable (and hilarious) drawings. Almost reminds me of Azumanga Sailor Moon, the way your comics are set up :3

I’m rewatching the entire series right now, which has put me on a tremendous nostalgic trip (and rekindled my love of drawing sailor moon fanart! :D)

Can’t wait to see more <3

• Chibi Jennifer February 7, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

aww, thank you for your very kind words on MoonSticks :) A few people have told me it reminded them of Azumanga (even though I haven’t seen it, nor am I familiar with the style) XD

I should re-watch the series some time too! My memory is getting a bit fuzzy too, lol (So far the comic ideas were from memory when I watched them years ago)

15. Joine December 18, 2009 at 12:35 pm #

Is that a picture of you I saw while reading about the awesume artist who has a very good sense of humor and good drawing ablities. X3

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

awww..so flattering ^.^; Thanks for all the compliments!!

• Joine December 18, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

I have a quick question, though; Why does Usagi have an ahoge? What I believe is an ahoge is that little thing atop her head on the MoonSticks logo. Just curious is all. :3

• Chibi Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

Oh wow, never knew there was a term for that strand of hair XD

I donno why it’s really there. Just looks funny XD

16. pixelmari October 9, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

OMG Iron Mouse HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA and the Usagi Tranformation one she is heavy in the last one

Pluto, “Come on Geniue give me a new transformation”

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA

• Chibi Jennifer October 9, 2009 at 1:23 pm #

hehe thanks for checking out MoonSticks :D
      Sounds like this is your first time visiting ^_^ Glad you’re liking what you see!

• pixelmari October 9, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

Yah 1st time. they are AWESOME!

One woulod be funny Usgai , Her Shoe, and Mamuru

17. Chibi Jennifer October 9, 2009 at 1:12 pm #

Thanks for your anticipation and support you guys :D

18. Jay October 9, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

I love these, i wait all week for them~ keep the great sailor moon stuff coming!

19. Caroline September 25, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

Oh my. I love so much your comic >w<
    It's so sweet and funny!

20. Chibi Jennifer September 20, 2009 at 8:46 am #

You guys are so sweet and lovely ^_^ Thank you!!

21. Carmen September 9, 2009 at 11:19 pm #

OMG :D I loooove your comics! ;D
    Greetings from Germany =D

22. stamaraster August 25, 2009 at 9:10 am #

Awesome comics :D My favourite so far is #2 (for obvious reasons).

23. jakerockwell August 22, 2009 at 8:25 am #

Your comics are really funny. The drawing style is also very cute.

24. selenka222 August 22, 2009 at 8:23 am #

Chibi Jennifer, I just want to let you know I love your art and the MoonSticks, their both hilarious and so well-drawn <3
    I have stumbled upon them on the net one day and I keep on checking them each friday (as long as I don't forget ^_^' ) Thanks a lot for them, the humour is really great, I cant believe you come out with all those puns by yourself. You rock, Girl :P

• Chibi Jennifer November 10, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

Thanks so much :) It’s actually getting a bit challenging and difficult XD So much pressure to keep pumping them out!

25. chat_room_freak August 22, 2009 at 8:17 am #

I always enjoy your comics to an unhealthy degree. U: This one’s real cute.

26. Ashley August 18, 2009 at 1:46 am #

PLEASE CONTINUE MOONSTICKS. Oh my goodness, I’ve showed it to so many people when they’re having a bad day and it works miracles. XD For me as well. You’re a genius!

• Chibi Jennifer August 19, 2009 at 9:59 am #

Thank you so much Ashley :} That’s really sweet of you! Thanks for sharing it with others too!
      I’ll do my best :)

27. Esteban Valles Esparza August 8, 2009 at 10:42 am #

I was checking out your work… I almost pee on my pants… Hahaha…
    So funny… xD

I like your work.
    Take care, ok ? :D

• Chibi Jennifer August 8, 2009 at 11:11 am #

umm.. thanks ^^; Not sure how something funny could make you pee though XD?

28. Sarah August 6, 2009 at 2:08 am #

I love your Comics ♥__♥ (and Sailor Moon :D!)
    I wanted to ask you which newssytem (eww, my english is so bad u__u, sorry) you usw? I think it’s wordpress, but I am not sure.
    Have a nice day :)!

• Chibi Jennifer August 6, 2009 at 1:24 pm #

Thanks! ^_^

I think you meant which CMS I use (it’s not really a news system XD)- but yes, I used wordpress :}

29. April August 4, 2009 at 3:06 am #

I think your comics are fantastic. :) I love them, and can’t wait to see more!

30. jade June 23, 2009 at 12:11 pm #

i love your comics and the characters are cute but they have no pupils.why?

• Chibi Jennifer June 23, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

That’s just the art style I’ve chosen to use for MoonSticks :) It makes them look funnier ^_^ Don’t you think?

31. Sailor Sun June 21, 2009 at 7:21 am #

What is going on here?
    My comments are not posted in the new comic!! (except as a reply)
    Why? What’s wrong???!!!

• Chibi Jennifer June 22, 2009 at 10:28 am #

Oh, it landing in “spam” for some odd odd reason.. but I got it now and it should be up now :D Sorry for the trouble!

32. Sailor Gold Rabbit June 14, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

Hey, it’s me again (you’re probably really sick of me by now, aren’t you?). I was wondering if you were ever planning on doing a strip on Saturn and Pluto. They’re two of my favorites, so I’d love it if they were featured!

• Chibi Jennifer June 14, 2009 at 1:10 pm #

Yes of course ^_^ I’m planning to cover as many characters as I can. It will just have to take some time before the characters people want to see shows up since there’s just so many characters :)

33. Chibi Jennifer June 14, 2009 at 10:15 am #

Thanks so much everyone ^_________^!

34. Sakura-Chirari June 13, 2009 at 7:55 am #

I really like these, they’re really funny. I think my favorite is the Haruka Michiru lesbian cousin thing, poor kid looked so confused XD

35. purenightshade June 13, 2009 at 7:55 am #

That’s pretty awesome! I love finding Sailormoon webcomics out there.

• Chibi Jennifer December 14, 2009 at 9:06 am #

Thanks! I enjoy looking at other Sailor Moon webmangas too :)

36. Venus June 13, 2009 at 7:54 am #

xD Those comics are so cute and funny!

37. Pysi June 13, 2009 at 7:54 am #

LOL Those are awsome!!!!! I too love the one with Iron Mouse and Galaxia!!!

38. Aurae June 13, 2009 at 7:51 am #

I really like them. The Amazon Trio comic was my favourite, since I ♥ the trio. :3 I think your style makes the facial expressions so amusing!

39. Enkai June 13, 2009 at 7:50 am #

I went and read through what was there. Very cute. I especially like the one with Galaxia wanting an iPhone. XDD

40. BTTF Rini June 3, 2009 at 10:41 pm #

I love all those comics of yours, Chibi Jennifer. Great job! And, keep that humor going!

41. Sailor Sun June 1, 2009 at 7:40 pm #

I want to translate them into Arabic..

I’m not sure they will understand it either. Most of them need heavy references.
    I’ll try, I’ll lose nothing^^
    Thanks for letting me do it^^

Mmm, if I give them some explanations before each one, they may understand it, I guess..

P.S. Was the “sign up for a Gravatar” sentence before my eyes all the time? If yes I guess it’s time to visit my oculist @_@

• Chibi Jennifer June 1, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

Thanks for such enthusiasm! ^_^

And yup..the “sign up for gravatar” was always there….. XD Only before it was highlighted in light pink, but now it’s orange XD

42. Sailor Sun May 31, 2009 at 8:14 pm #

Chibi! Since I LOVE these Moonsticks I’d love to translate them and put them in a club (not a SM club, it’s various), but a small question..
    I’ve told you before that Sailor moon was never translated in my country. So, if I put them on that club, do you think they will be able to understand it even if they haven’t watch Sailormoon before? AND, do you allow me to do that?

• Chibi Jennifer May 31, 2009 at 9:57 pm #

Hi Sailor Sun! I would be more than happy for you to translate them! ^_^
      What language do you wish to translate them into?

hmm..and in terms of whether or not they’ll get it..your guess is as good as mine. I’m not really sure @_@ Some of them are more generic (like Beryl Butt one), while there are others have have heavy references.

43. Sailor Gold Rabbit May 31, 2009 at 1:40 pm #

Oh. My. Gosh. The avatars are pink now!!! I mean, I plan to sign up for a Gravatar soon (I’ve become something of a regular on this site, so I might as well), but now I get to see a whole bunch of pink Usagis!

• Chibi Jennifer May 31, 2009 at 1:41 pm #

LOL. Is the Pink Usagis a good or a bad thing? XD

• Sailor Gold Rabbit May 31, 2009 at 1:56 pm #

Don’t worry, Pink Usagisâ„¢ are a good thing! ^_^

• Sailor Gold Rabbit May 31, 2009 at 2:39 pm #

And see? I’ve got a Gravatar! Are the colours too neutral, do you think? (Sorry about going off-topic, btw.)

• Chibi Jennifer May 31, 2009 at 9:54 pm #

haha, great! I think it looks fine ^_^ It’s all up to you, really :D

44. thecombatbutler May 30, 2009 at 11:45 pm #

HAHAHA that yuuichirou comic!! I love it! I must visit this site more often! Great job!

45. usamuun May 30, 2009 at 3:27 pm #

Oh my gosh! About time, and it’s so cute and funny ^_^ I really hope this strip keeps going. I’ve love it when strips reference BSSM, let alone an entire series dedicated to it!

46. fabulouslylazy May 30, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

I’ve been reading Moonsticks. It’s great to see you on Livejournal! I love enjoy the comics ^__^

• Chibi Jennifer February 5, 2010 at 10:26 am #

Thankss :D Yes, I can be found at many communities online .. xD

47. Ochiba May 30, 2009 at 3:15 pm #

Love the comic. <333

48. iwontsayplease May 30, 2009 at 10:41 am #

I love your comic soooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhh

49. shirono May 30, 2009 at 10:40 am #

Your comics are all kinds of amazing! I look forward to more. The Yuuichrou one was hilarious. XD Also Beryl’s butt. LOL!

• Chibi Jennifer May 30, 2009 at 3:35 pm #

Thank you :D Beryl’s butt still makes me laugh XD XD

50. black_sonnet May 30, 2009 at 10:39 am #

your page is on my google homepage ^^
    i love your strips <33