#9 Haruka & Michiru Gone Wrong

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #9 - Haruka & Michiru Gone Wrong featuring Haruka Tenou/Sailor Uranus and Michiru Kaiou/Sailor Neptune

Michiru: ~teeeheee~
[[Michiru and Haruka are sitting on a bench at a park]]

Haruka: ~hahahaha~
[[Michiru and Haruka are enjoying themselves, while an adult and child walk pass.]]

Little girl passing by: Mummy! Are those two girls lovers? They look so sweet!
[[Mother looks terrified]]

The mother: No sweetie, they're cousins!
Little girl passing by: What..? Really??
[[Michiru and Haruka look annoyed upon hearing the comment.]]
Little girl passing by: Oh, so they're lesbian cousins! :D

197 Responses to “#9 Haruka & Michiru Gone Wrong”

1. bunnychan July 8, 2010 at 5:47 am #

Their relationship kinda struck me
    I would of been like that if they were actually real life

2. Alana June 28, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

Pretty sure the English dub for their relationship was the dumbest thing ever.
    Again, you made my life. I think I’m filling up on all this giggle/best thing ever feelings, all from reading your clever comics. xD
    One of my favourite episodes is when everyone is going crazy over Haruka, only for her to be a boy at the end of it all. Harula is general is win.

• Chibi Jennifer June 29, 2010 at 12:08 pm #

Thanks for all your positive comments :D! It’s good to know you find them clever =D

3. Princess Luna June 16, 2010 at 6:58 am #

lol lovers or cousins >.> first two panels were cute but than the kid like broke the moment :P
    last panel Haruka and Michiru looked like they wanted to slap one of them XD

4. Death Rebirth Senshi June 16, 2010 at 5:08 am #

Haruka and Michiru were created only to complete the gay agenda. That was their true mission. However, the U.S. foiled them by making them cousins…
    Or was incest the true plan of the Japanese all along?
    @_@

• Chibi Jennifer June 16, 2010 at 8:10 pm #

Incest? nah, we already have Chibiusa obsessed with her daddy XD

• MoOnPrIncEsS July 11, 2010 at 11:58 am #

hahaahaha lol

5. sailor comet(Elizabeth) June 15, 2010 at 6:59 am #

i love haruka and michiru i started watching sailormoon when i was 5 and even i realized they was lesbiens(my mom didnt realize it which is a good thing because if she did she wuld have propley made me stop watching it)could u make more mini magnas of them thank you
    P.S.why did they make them cousins almost every one who watched knew they was together
    P.S.S.I GET IT KNOW!!!(yeah me)the mom said that because maybe she didnt wont her daughter to know they was together because she doesnt wont her to be a lesbien when she gets older am i right

• Chibi Jennifer June 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

For some reason they think exposure to homosexuality can turn them into one @.@?
      It’s not really a choice!

6. SailorUranusFan June 8, 2010 at 12:42 am #

lol i remember i was just like hang on your not cousins i mean your not THAT close to your cousin (i should know because she is reading over my sholder right now and i want to smack her!) (=^_^=)

• sailor comet(Elizabeth) June 15, 2010 at 7:01 am #

im close to my cousin but not that close either i mean for peet sake they was holding hands and crapt it would have been better to make them lesbiens like they was meant to be right

• Chibi Jennifer June 15, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

lol..exactly. 8D

• SailorUranusFan June 15, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

like i said i love my cousins and all but…..i think best friends or something may have been better for the english dub if they didnt want to epose their sexuality but cousins i mean it sounds like their promoting incest!!

• sailor comet(Elizabeth) July 7, 2010 at 1:03 am #

they pritty mutch r

7. Hg April 25, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

Lol, I love the expression in the fourth panel. They’re not amused. :-P
    And yeah, when I was little, I wasn’t buying the cousin idea either, lol.

8. Lucy April 7, 2010 at 8:13 am #

Hahaha, that’s exactly what I thought when I was little! I was like “Oh, okay, they’re lovers.” But then they were all “No, we’re cousins.” THEN I was like “Whoa, whoa. That’s kinda gross. And illegal, isn’t it?” lol Ah they should have just left them as lesbians. But then maybe the show would have been canceled even earlier. D:

9. Sukino January 17, 2010 at 1:00 pm #

Cool thing! :D

So true in the American version, but in the German it is not really a cousin and not really a couple :o)
    I love this comic :)

• Chibi Jennifer January 17, 2010 at 9:17 pm #

hm? Not Cousin or lovers?? What are they…?

XD

Thanks for your comment! ^.^

• Silver Eyes March 11, 2010 at 1:34 am #

In the German version, as far as I remember, there was no real explanation regarding their relationship. They were simply… there, lol.

Which I think is better than calling them cousins. :P

10. vegemoon November 7, 2009 at 1:05 am #

I laughed so hard at this! Well, even if the Mexican dub did kind of hid it, I totally got they were lesbian from the get go the first time I saw it…and I was 12! I didn’t make a big deal about it :P. Funny enough, I think right now it really doesn’t matter if they put it on in the right time format– like adult swim for example. But I think it’s too late for that, since sailor moon is now posted in youtube, veoh, etc. The cat is out of the bag!

• Chibi Jennifer January 17, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

haha, yeah! It’s like all their effort is wasted since everyone will eventually find out (or realise themselves something is fishy!)

11. break_through October 26, 2009 at 1:34 pm #

lol that’s awesome. good play on the north american version!

12. Lt-Settai-Tenshi October 8, 2009 at 9:12 am #

Kissy kissy kissy! Michiru’s face in panel 2 was soo cute > w XD

13. Kibou no Hikari October 3, 2009 at 1:38 pm #

I knew there was going to be one about Haruka and Michiru’s relationship! But I luv them anyway!! They’re like one of the only couples in Sailor Moon that we see a lot of and has a relationship like Usagi and Mamoru’s. The others aren’t really official couples, like for the other senshi… But I absolutely LUV Helios and Chibiusa!! Great job as always!!

• Chibi Jennifer January 17, 2010 at 9:36 pm #

Glad you enjoyed this one! Definitely gotta include one of them, they’re awesome :3

14. Caroline September 26, 2009 at 3:07 pm #

Is Haruka and Michiru are a cousins? I never know that o_o

• Chibi Jennifer September 27, 2009 at 8:51 am #

nah, lol. They’re not cousins in the original but the English Dub labeled them cousins ^^;

15. Nameless August 17, 2009 at 11:17 am #

lol, nice parody and stab at the dub. And perfect choice at that. I always wondered what their faces would look like if they were told they were cousins. ;]

• Chibi Jennifer August 25, 2009 at 7:07 pm #

It’s funny to think anyone would label lesbians as cousins. XD

16. Jo July 29, 2009 at 7:21 am #

I loved it!!! *0*
    so cute! >.<

17. Leo July 25, 2009 at 1:24 pm #

ROFLMAO!!! SO FUNNY! lol i can just see Haruka saying ‘So this is how we became cousins in the dub’

XD

18. Kitty-t June 24, 2009 at 11:29 am #

I love your comic!

19. Peter June 21, 2009 at 12:50 pm #

Oh at first I thought the little girl just started bust-out laughing at them. The mother’s reaction is so funny, totally anime-ish. Michiru looks like she just might get off the chair and do some damage lol.

• Chibi Jennifer June 22, 2009 at 10:06 am #

lol yeah. You’d expect the little girl to be the one immature – laughing and pointing fingers ^^;

20. jade June 8, 2009 at 2:33 am #

the girl’s mom looks funny in the 3rd shot.she looks like she’s going like this >:o

21. maggii June 6, 2009 at 10:19 am #

heh thats funny coz her mum tried to make so they were just cousins insted of lesbiens so her kid wouldnt get idea but she just made it even more 0.o lol

22. DrummerChick June 2, 2009 at 9:49 pm #

I loved this one, the look on Haruka’s face at the end was perfect! ^^

23. Brad May 29, 2009 at 12:39 am #

I hear cousins can now get married in some American states. ;)

24. Sailor Gold Rabbit May 27, 2009 at 8:51 am #

Okay, off-topic, but is anyone else seeing older comments mixed in with new ones?

• Chibi Jennifer May 27, 2009 at 9:10 am #

AH yes, that’s me doing it! I apologise for the weird mixing ups, but I shortened the “threaded comments” so it doesn’t go all weird and break the layout. In other words, instead of having 10 “replies” to one comment, I’ve limited it 5 “replies” so the hierarchy doesn’t turn too small (if that makes any sense). In the future we shouldn’t have this issue anymore :) I’ll see what I can do to make it look neater.

25. Sailor Sun May 27, 2009 at 7:13 am #

For me I used to love H&M since I was a kid, but without having in mind that they are lesbians or whatever. I mean, I don’t think kids will know about that. Plus, even in their conversations (in Japanese) there is that kind of ambiguity, and till now, some people still wonder whether they are lovers or just very close friends. So, I don’t think Haruka and Michiru’s dialog show them obviously as lesbians. And one last thing, if they are cousins, so they are not lovers!!!! I don’t understand such an equation!!!!

• Chibi Jennifer May 27, 2009 at 9:30 am #

I didn’t really get it either when I watched it as a kid- I didn’t even have any clue they were lesbians even though I watched the Cantonese dub, which was uncut! lol. Little innocent us, ehhee.