#49 Aren’t I good enough?

MoonSticks #49 Aren't I good enough? featuring the Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter, Usagi/Sailor Moon and the Moonlight Knight

[[Seiya is kneeling on the ground in front of Usagi, with his hands on her shoulders]]
Narrator: Seiya could no longer hold back his feelings… so he leaned in and said those words:
Seiya: Odango…Aren’t I good enough?

Usagi (thinks): He.. He..loves me? What should I do?
{{B-BMP B-BMP}}

Moonlight Knight: Back off, she’s taken!
[[Moonlight Knight appears and punches Seiya's face]]
Seiya: Argh!
Usagi: Seiya!!

Narrator: 5 minutes later…
[[Seiya is still waiting for her response]]
Seiya: …
Usagi (thinking): Wait. That was just my imagination.

186 Responses to “#49 Aren’t I good enough?”

1. serenas May 21, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

lolololol interupter wait… is that a plaster on seiya face?

2. PizzaRolls May 20, 2010 at 6:33 pm #

“Well Seiya, remember my pink haired cousin?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Yeah… well, if I don’t hook up with Mamo-chan she won’t exist but if I leave Mamo-chan open she could seduce him into an incest thing and there’s no way for DiC or Cloverway to cover that plot hiccup so…”

3. BakaB May 19, 2010 at 11:44 am #

I am so in Love with Mamo-chan, so I am definitely loving this. Go Mamoru! You beat that nasty Seiya up!

4. Neoqueencosmos May 19, 2010 at 3:34 am #

that is so fnny when mamochan cums in! aww poor seiya!!!

5. selichan May 17, 2010 at 8:05 pm #

Hawww.. Seiya.. Mamo-chan..
    thats realy hard… i LOVE Mamo&Usagi … thats simply the only way it should be.. BUT… in the anime.. Mamo-chan realy gets booooorrrinnngg.. more and more and more and mooorrre…. I’m happy that the manga is different in that point.

I like Saiya.. for me! XDDDD Usagi had to stay with Mamo-chan ^^~

But it would be interesting to see how a child from Seiya and Usagi looks like :) *hint* XD

Well.. i’m runing out of compliments for your artwork xDDD It’s just sooo perfekt.. ^^ i love your style.. :P

more more more ^—^

• Chibi Jennifer May 18, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

hahaha yeah, I often think that too “You can have Mamo-chan, Usagi! Let us have Seiya” XD XD

Thanks for your comments again :) You’re always too kind!

6. Odango Atama May 14, 2010 at 8:05 am #

Awww! My poor Seyia-kun! I’ll love you instead of Usagi! Although, that would be an interesting fight. Mamoru vs. Seyia. Tuxedo Kamen/Prince Endymion/Moonlight Knight vs. Sailor Star Fighter. In a battle to the death for Usagi! The winner gets to be the King of the Earth and Chibi Usa’s father!……………nah. I don’t think Usagi would like that. But that’d be interesting!

7. lost--beauty May 12, 2010 at 9:51 am #

Oh Usagi, such an overactive imagination… reminds me of the ‘dancing’ incident when Seiya just wanted to take her clubbing, hahahaha!

• Chibi Jennifer May 12, 2010 at 1:00 pm #

haha I don’t blame her there though, Seiya did act awfully..close. LOL

8. juna May 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm #

I’ve always loved that scene :) I loved Seiya/Usagi so much! Especially since Mamoru was so boring after season 2. He like lost his attitude and personality >_< Ah, this is a funny strip though hehe. I WISH he would have that kind of attitude ^_~

9. Sailor Gold Rabbit May 10, 2010 at 11:46 am #

Poor Seiya. :( And poor Usagi, too. She must have felt so bad, having to let Seiya down…

Anyways, loved the strip! Very cute.

10. xx-hikari-xx May 10, 2010 at 9:15 am #

Very cute :3 But why does my Sei-chan have to get beaten up? (Even though its kinda funny to watch my Sei-chan get beaten up).. Am I a sadist? O.O

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

lol…..

But you make a good point. Beaten up looks cool too XD

11. kagome-120 May 10, 2010 at 9:13 am #

lol poor Seiya!! Usagi should love him though~ even though she’s with Mamo-chan!! But I prefer her with Sei-kun~

12. LinneaKou May 10, 2010 at 9:13 am #

So this is why she didn’t answer… XD

13. Molnja May 10, 2010 at 9:12 am #

ha ha its funny… but in this situation I think of the stupid german translation…
    in the german dubed version seiya seid: “I will help you” and not “aren’t I good enough?”

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:45 am #

oh wow, lol. That’s funny! Never knew that!

Why would Usagi be blushing if Seiya said that though? o_o

• lol someone could ask why was Usagi blushing in S season at her birthday episode on the Eng Dub!
        when she said to H&M that Mamoru is not her boyfriend anymore, why did she blush when Haruka said to her that, now she has a chance with him since they both like bikes and speed ;p

Dubs always destroy everything.
        in greek dub, when Haruka wanted to extract the Talisman from her own heart and usagi came in to stop her, Haruka said in greek “there is another talisman in YOUR heart” and then she shot herself :facepalm:

• Chibi Jennifer May 13, 2010 at 9:09 am #

hahahah omg are you serious?? I never watched S in dub so I wasn’t aware…lol That’s funny!

• ohh but Haruka in the english dub was a heterosexual and of course a cousin of the more heterosexual Michiru!
            in some dubs around the world Haruka was a man who transformed into a woman like the 3 lights. and stuff like that.

14. Joine May 9, 2010 at 11:32 pm #

OhmyGG’s, this was just funny! But I gotta feel bad for Seiya; especially because Moonlight Knight beat him up! Moonlight Knight, of all people! I expected Mamoru to fly in and kick him in the side of the head, but Moonlight Knight is close enough. ^^

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:44 am #

hahah yeah ^^ Plus, getting Moonlight Knight to do Tuxy’s dirty work would make Mamo still more ‘Prince Charming’ like, ehehehee.

15. CS May 9, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

In fifth panel Haruka would come in with a flying punch from the side.

16. Lizzie May 9, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

OMG I always wanted that to happen during stars!!!!!!!

17. kael May 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

Omg, Seiya/Usagi otp! Kthx.

Love it! :)

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:41 am #

otp!? Kthx?

hm?

hehee XD

• kael May 13, 2010 at 10:40 am #

Hahah, I was too excited to use real words. I’ve been dying to see you draw Seiya again. If I was Usagi, I would dump her twat boyfriend and run away with the rock star. Also, this is hilarious. :)

No offense to Mamoru, of course. X_X;

18. Sailor Fall May 9, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

Wow, almost 50 comics! I loved in the third panel that Usagi cheered mamoru on by uh,shaking her fist. I wonder how seiya would respond to that… Especially cuz he’s a woman! XD

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:41 am #

hehe yesh! Almost 50! ^.^

Good you got a good laugh :D

19. TimeSage May 8, 2010 at 5:29 am #

To me it always felt like the entire SeyiaXUsgai thing was more of a replacement then anything real. Seyia was thrown in to provide the dynamic Mamoru and Usagi had early on and which hadn’t really been season since the first part of R. As for an in universe perspective I always felt like Seyia was projecting His/her feelings for Kakyuu onto Usagi do to their similarities.

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:40 am #

It was very freshening to see the whole ‘chasing’ part that was lacking for several seasons ever since Mamo-Usagi got together. It added a lot of excitement (though I have to say Mamo-Usagi teasing at the start wasn’t as entertaining ^^;)

20. BeccaMay May 8, 2010 at 4:24 am #

hahahaa aww bless ^.^
    i love pannel 3 <3
    Ive been reading these for quite a while now so i thought its about time i started commenting ;)
    keep it up Jennifer =)

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:38 am #

yay, nice of you to drop a comment! Thanks for following MoonSticks too ^^

21. Koneko-Chan May 8, 2010 at 4:23 am #

-snorts- Poor Seiya. I really wished there had been a chance for him and Usagi.

I don’t like Mamo-chan much at least not anime-Mamo. He always came off as weak and pathetic in my eyes [Mind you i have yet to get my hands on the manga so i have no clue of how he is in the manga].

He’s supposed to be the Protector of Earth [to me that means he's suppose to be the strongest not just the distraction like the anime played him down to be] yet he gets easily brainwashed and breaks up with Usa over dreams and hurting her. Yet here is Seiya, a person with a heart of GOLD, loving a girl for HERSELF, not for Sailor Moon or the fact that she was once Princess Serenity or is going to be Neo Queen Serenity, but loving her for Tsukino Usagi. Imo I think that speaks more volumes than the wishy-washy relationship that Usagi shares with Mamoru in the anime. Even if there is no shown feelings returned from her, its still a sweeter love. Plus in the anime, Seiya survived all the way to end, unlike Mr Tuxedo Mask who didn’t last five minutes against Galaxia. Thus making Seiya a stronger protector [and a better man] than Chiba Mamoru.

Of course this all in my opinion and now i’ll shut up my ramblings XD.

I totally love your comics!

• Neko May 8, 2010 at 10:54 pm #

Cheers to that!! You get cookies x 10000000000000000000000 Great comic, as always. And that scene always has me reaching for the tissues. Seiya is incredible, Mamoru needs to purchase for himself a personality.

• Sailorhif May 9, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

Seiya liked Usagi because she looked like the princess from where he was from.

He did like her personality but did not love it.

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:37 am #

If Seiya’s feelings for Usagi isn’t love I duno what it is XD

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:35 am #

hehehe thank you! ^_^ I agree with your points too (Though I haven’t read the manga so I’ve only been exposed to anime Mamo whose is known to be less likable than its manga counterpart)

22. Katrin May 8, 2010 at 2:01 am #

I prefer Seiya over Mamoru, since I think Seiya got a more exciting personalty. :)

23. Kym May 7, 2010 at 9:01 pm #

Watching the scene I literally cried.
    Of course Mamoru and Usagi belong together but deep inside my heart I was kinda secretly hoping that Seiya and Usagi became a couple.

As usual you made an amazing comic, LOVED it! <3

24. Kibate May 7, 2010 at 5:04 pm #

I so don’t get this one either…
    maybe it would help if i could remember this scene?(i hate seiya x usagi, thats why i almost forgot everything about seiya hitting on usagi) but still… don’t get it…

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

Oh ^^;

But that’s ok, humor is very weird thing, if you find it funny, it’s funny and if you don’t well..there’s nothing wrong with that too :)

25. Hotaru/Lilac May 7, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

omg halarious
    u have to make more “seiya and usagi” comic
    although i go for usagi X Mamoru
    (but seiya is still ok)

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:16 pm #

lol thanks!

I find it odd that you want more Seiya x Usagi doujins when you prefer Mamo-chan, ehehehe! How does that work?