#49 Aren’t I good enough?

MoonSticks #49 Aren't I good enough? featuring the Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter, Usagi/Sailor Moon and the Moonlight Knight

[[Seiya is kneeling on the ground in front of Usagi, with his hands on her shoulders]]
Narrator: Seiya could no longer hold back his feelings… so he leaned in and said those words:
Seiya: Odango…Aren’t I good enough?

Usagi (thinks): He.. He..loves me? What should I do?
{{B-BMP B-BMP}}

Moonlight Knight: Back off, she’s taken!
[[Moonlight Knight appears and punches Seiya's face]]
Seiya: Argh!
Usagi: Seiya!!

Narrator: 5 minutes later…
[[Seiya is still waiting for her response]]
Seiya: …
Usagi (thinking): Wait. That was just my imagination.

196 Responses to “#49 Aren’t I good enough?”

1. pikachu jigglypuff June 25, 2014 at 12:22 pm #

Didn’t this happen in n episode?

2. Michiko March 27, 2014 at 9:58 am #

Just imagine a four-way fight between Mamoru, Prince Diamond, Haruka (I know she’s with Michiru, but after the kiss in the manga I think there is something between these two XD), and Seiya

@_@ Complete and utter chaos.

Lovely comic strips you have. ^^

• Chibi Jennifer March 27, 2014 at 10:13 am #

hahaa yesh, I think Haruka and Usagi had some great chemistry ;D
      Though.. I think Ail probably wants to be in the fight too! lol

• Michiko March 27, 2014 at 5:22 pm #

I do believe you are correct, shame on me for forgetting to include him, whoops ^^’
        It would make for a very interesting Battle Royale among so many suitors X3

• Chibi Jennifer March 28, 2014 at 6:28 am #

hahah yesh.. XD Though Ail would probably get knocked down first XD

• MekakusenshiXX May 17, 2014 at 9:40 pm #

Solution- I’ll take Diamond, my friend’ll take Ail, Seiya and Haruka’ll be together, and Mamoru can be with Usagi forever after.

But what’ll Michiru do without Haruka? Whatever. Michiru, Haruka and Seiya can go threeway.

Wait no, FORGET I SAID ANYTHI-

• Chibi Jennifer May 19, 2014 at 9:52 am #

ahahahaha oh you…;D

3. Hoshino-Libra March 14, 2014 at 9:39 am #

That would have been pretty nails tho…Sailor Star Fighter vs. Tuxedo Kamen.

• Chibi Jennifer March 14, 2014 at 9:41 am #

Yah.. I did enjoy Sailor Starfighter vs Uranus *__*

4. Kimiski August 15, 2013 at 8:26 pm #

Depends on the format who I like better. In the manga vs the anime mamoru is a completely different person. The anime killed his personality. In the manga he is closer in age, is in many ways a kid himself, has a sense of humor and compassion. He was made for usagi. The anime turned him older, colder, with no personality like he should have, so when you stick someone like seiya in there and play them up way more than ever intended and shown in the manga of course people are going to fall in love with the idea of usagi and seiya together. So in response I love seiya and usagi together, but the REAL mamoru and usagi are deep in love and destined for each other.

5. SailorStar9 August 2, 2013 at 11:39 pm #

What I want to know is: why do every *single* guy fall in love Usagi? The Inner Senshi need some love too!

• MekakusenshiXX May 17, 2014 at 9:43 pm #

Because she’s the main character and main characters will never cease to agonize us with how much the story favours them.

6. sailormewmew July 18, 2013 at 5:52 pm #

so must with the tux!!!lol

7. sailormewmew July 18, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

if you say seiya and usagi then no chibiusa but in the English dub her voice is soo annoying yes seiya and rabbit (usagi) do make a nice couple but mamoru gave rabbit a promise ring no getting out of that easily! and i like the fact moonlight,knight came to the rescue! lol great comics by the way!

8. Angie January 14, 2013 at 10:39 am #

I like darian better than seiya he’s a man lady

Uh……it’s true don’t dislike this if u like seiya better

• Sailor Silver March 2, 2013 at 9:57 am #

yeah those two are destined to be together
      but i like thinking of usagi and seiya together just for fun, they are kinda like great friends mostly
      though i sometimes feel that darien doesnt have much feelings for her than seiya

• Akira July 15, 2013 at 7:44 am #

Reading the Manga really made me feel more about Mamoru and Usagi

SPOILER!!!!!!

she kills herself for him TWICE!
        and when they said they were born for each other I dont know but it was too cute

9. Ribbonedandkissed January 14, 2013 at 8:42 am #

Oh how this scene brings me back to my happy place :3 I loved it and now it’s humorous :D I honestly thought something like that was going to happen when i first saw this scene.

10. Amanda October 26, 2012 at 6:09 am #

Hi! For some reason, numbers 39-48 aren’t showing :( Your comics are HILARIOUS by the way. I love them so much. You’re a genius XD

• Chibi Jennifer October 30, 2012 at 9:20 am #

hmmm that’s strange! It seems to be working fine for me D: Are you still having the same problem?

11. Sofyflora98 October 6, 2012 at 1:35 am #

I just prefer Seiya than Mamoru!
    I love this “infamou scene” too!!!

12. Gilian Mendoza August 27, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

ugh here goes seiya i hate him what’s ment to is mamoru and usagi no any other else im going to kill you if you like seiya, a hero who is wearing a girl suite whenever fighting with villains. while usagi is having mamoru,a hot guy who always save’s usagi wearing a tuxedo a cape and a mask who throws red beautiful roses and my crush who is better than seiya

• Sailor_Haruka September 25, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

I think you have forgotten that the Anime messed it up compared to the manga. In the manga the Starlights were females the dressed as males. The anime messed that up (a major reason on why it will never be dubbed and broadcast in America -_-;;) and turned them into guys that turned into females when transformed into senshi. Personally, yes Mamo-baka was good at saving Usagi’s tush when she got in too deep, but I think Seiya / Sailor Star Fighter would have been a better match for Usagi, because she (I say she because I prefer the manga Starlights) actually showed more feelings for the blonde moon princess in one season than Mamo-baka did through the entire series…

• Chibi Jennifer September 25, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Now now, be nice~ there’s no reason to throw hate around to those who have a different opinion. Some like Mamoru, some prefer Seiya.

• MekakusenshiXX May 17, 2014 at 9:53 pm #

Yes. I think the differences between the Manga to Japanese dub to English dub generates a lot of disagreements, but everyone has their own opinion. There’s no need for hate.

13. Marianna June 23, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

Oh god this is too funny!!! But the scene in the anime ALWAYS makes me cry! I love Seiya and honestly in my opinion Usagi would have been much better with Seiya than Mamoru.

• Sailor_Haruka September 25, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

I agree, I was crying when I saw this scene as well. I personally like Seiya for a match with Usagi more so than Mamo-baka, who never showed much of his love that everyone brags he had for his Usako… -_-;;

14. yulina February 7, 2012 at 7:54 am #

Are you sure she understands something?
    I think she still thinks he’s just a friend…

• Mew March 25, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

She definitely understands. Otherwise she wouldn’t look so sad as she turns away from his kiss. She plays dumb, but to me it seems pretty obvious that she figures it out at some point.

• Chibi Jennifer September 25, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

Yeah I think she plays dumb too… Usagi is innocent and naive, but she’s not dumb. I think she does understand that Seiya saw her as much more than a friend. Seiya went beyond the boundaries of a normal friendship..

15. Sailor Jeanie June 27, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

yea, i did notice that after he told her she just stared at him for 20-30 seconds XD

16. Nnako2 April 22, 2011 at 9:36 am #

Is that scene infamous??
    I love it and it makes me cry every time
    I loved Seiya but I understand Usagi too…

• Chibi Jennifer May 26, 2011 at 9:47 am #

We love this scene because it’s really a climax in their relationship where Seiya finally confesses his feelings for her. Any fan of this couple would love it (myself included) :)

• fionium March 25, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

it’s a lovely scene… seiya didn’t say ‘I want to be with you, Usagi’ or ‘i love you’, really because he cares for her feelings first… or maybe afraid to push her away. Its a humble way to express his love

17. SailorEuropa April 18, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Awesome! I’m loving these! I only started reading them yesterday but I just can’t stop reading more! Great job! Please can u do some more Haruka/Michiru comics because that’s my favourite pairing!

Sailor Europa/Harumi

18. Iikku13 April 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

Tuxedo and a goofy hat or black leather bikini?…Bikini hell yeah!!!

19. EternalSailorMoon March 26, 2011 at 8:23 am #

that scene made me cry, only because usagi was crying. it was so sad that she thought it was tuxedo mask because of the rose!! and nothing against seiya put id choose mamo-chan over some damn tranvestite anyday.

• FireFlames March 27, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

lol
      ur very good at comics!!!
      and wow….i didnt know y so many guys love usagi/serena coz shes not smart but nice heart

• MekakusenshiXX May 18, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Everyone keeps saying they cried at this… I feel terrible. The one and only time I cried in this anime was when Zoisite died.
      But I guess I’m just like that.
      I LOVE Doctor Who and the only time I have cried in that is in ‘Last of the Timelords’ when the Master dies.
      Ah god. Why do I love fictional villains so much?

Speaking of Doctor Who, Pluto’s birthday is the same as Matt Smith’s. Haha. They’re both time peoples.

This comment was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, wasn’t it.

• Chibi Jennifer May 19, 2014 at 9:52 am #

I cried when Nephrite died. I didn’t think Zoisites death was sad at all.. ^__^””

• MekakusenshiXX May 24, 2014 at 2:40 pm #

After Nephrite died I didn’t cry, but I hated Zoisite for A WHOLE DAY.(*fake gasp*)
          But yeah, I’m just… I’m just me.

Just me.

20. sailor shooting star March 24, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

lol this one is funny.

If only they could be together:,(

unfortunately she was destined to be with Mamoru

21. cuteusagimina March 20, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

maybe the inners should come and say,”usagi,don’t with seiya! just go with mamoru san!” and,why moonlight knight’s mouth cover is in front of his eyes? wtf.

• Chibi Jennifer May 26, 2011 at 9:49 am #

hhaa no, the mouth cover is over his mouth… but I can see how you think it’s on the eyes since I didn’t draw the pupils in!

22. Sailor Mercury Fan March 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

CAN YOU MAKE MORE SAILOR MERCURY CARTOONS?PLEASE?BECAUSE THERE’S ONLY LIKE 2 CARTOONS!BUT OTHER WISE,AWSOME!!!!!!

23. Rena February 24, 2011 at 5:17 am #

WOW this is so great I love it so much!!!!! *bursts out into laughter* Buhahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!

24. VaLeRy :D February 18, 2011 at 11:00 am #

i prefer a million times mamoru because he is so hot when he’s tuxedo and he is COMPLETELY a man.

and seiya……you know…..a what im refering…….

and i want that chibiusa exist , so…

i don’t saiying that i hate seiya , he’s hot and all you want but i want to see the couple of chbiusa and helios , and if usagi go with seiya and he left mamoru , my dream will not become true

25. Asynca January 25, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

YAY USAGI DITCHED THE WRINKLY TUX, SO SEIYA AND USAGI LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER TRYING CONSTANTLY TO CONCEIVE CHILDREN AND NEVER FIGURING OUT WHY IT WASN’T WORKING! SO CHIBIUSA NEVER EXISTED AFTER ALL AND DISAPPEARED FROM ALL SEASONS SHE APPEARED IN!

…wait, that was just my imagination.

26. Daenerys December 14, 2010 at 12:51 am #

This scene just breaks my heart whenever I think of it… They should’ve ended up together. :(

• Sailor Shadow January 5, 2011 at 3:22 am #

I totally agree seiya 4ever

• SeiyaUsagiFan April 7, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

I agree with you too…I really hope that the tables where turned and that somehow Usagi Realized that she is already falling for Seiya and she also realized later that it was Seiya that she wants to end up with and probably Mamuro Chiba did not returned and that he just died at the end of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars and realizing that Mamuro is already gone Seiya would not have went back to their home planet and just stayed on Earth be with Usagi…

…Ohhhh Wait it was just a wishful thinking…

27. Iikku13 December 4, 2010 at 10:32 pm #

Mamoru > Seiya om nom nom

28. Vega August 24, 2010 at 3:20 pm #

Also… XD It woulda’ been sooooo epic for Sir Moonlight Knight to have been there during the Stars season……

29. Vega August 23, 2010 at 12:29 pm #

Seiya never really thought things through with Usagi…. Like at all…

30. renee August 1, 2010 at 8:36 pm #

I wuz so sad after I watched that episode. They should of been a couple. It would of been cute.

• Chibi Jennifer August 2, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

As much as I’d love for Seiya and Usagi to get together, I think it would really be wacko and weird if Usagi dumps Mamo for Seiya, afterall..Tuxy is the main male lead of the entire series ^^;;

• SeiyaUsagiFan April 7, 2012 at 10:47 pm #

true…yeah so true…

31. krystelle July 29, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

moon light night’s mouth cover is on his eyes…

32. Pinkchi-chan July 23, 2010 at 4:14 am #

Aww, everytime I watch the Stars series I always wished Usagi and Seiya where together :3
    I like him more then Mamoru >.<;; even though they are destined to be together with Chibiusa. Sorry Mamo-chan

• Chibi Jennifer July 26, 2010 at 9:08 am #

That’s how I felt too! This scene was a heartbreaker for me XD

33. HikaruKibou June 26, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

Poor Seiya …
    I remember when I first saw SMSStars and I found this list of reasons why Seiya was better for Usagi than Mamoru … ;__; I root for Seiya even thought we all know who Usagi chooses.

34. Death Rebirth Senshi June 16, 2010 at 4:36 am #

Bella must choose…Jacob or Edward? lol

• Chibi Jennifer June 16, 2010 at 9:16 am #

I was thinking about the stereotypes just the other night XD

• MekakusenshiXX May 24, 2014 at 2:50 pm #

Not technically a stereotype, but for any KagePro fans:
        Now Shintaro must choose; The trollish cybergirl in his computer, or the dead girl he spent two years locked up in his room depressed about.

Except Ene wouldn’t ask “Aren’t I good enough?” Because she belongs with Konoha.
        And Mamoru’s not dead. And Seiya’s not a computer program.
        But there’s still debate about who he should be with, so therefore it works.
        Kind of.

What you say? No KagePro fans here?
        *Locks self up in room for two years out of depression*

35. SailorUranusFan June 15, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

seiya was prabably thinking something along the lines of “pick me not him he left remember?
    i always thought that he and haruka made a good couple lol idk why they just seemed so whats the word?

• Chibi Jennifer June 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

cute. lol

• SailorUranusFan June 15, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

thats a good way to describe them (and thier competitiveness (did i even spell that right?)):)

36. SailorUranusFan June 1, 2010 at 5:54 am #

im suprized that he waited that long for an answer lol