#49 Aren’t I good enough?

MoonSticks #49 Aren't I good enough? featuring the Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter, Usagi/Sailor Moon and the Moonlight Knight

[[Seiya is kneeling on the ground in front of Usagi, with his hands on her shoulders]]
Narrator: Seiya could no longer hold back his feelings… so he leaned in and said those words:
Seiya: Odango…Aren’t I good enough?

Usagi (thinks): He.. He..loves me? What should I do?
{{B-BMP B-BMP}}

Moonlight Knight: Back off, she’s taken!
[[Moonlight Knight appears and punches Seiya's face]]
Seiya: Argh!
Usagi: Seiya!!

Narrator: 5 minutes later…
[[Seiya is still waiting for her response]]
Seiya: …
Usagi (thinking): Wait. That was just my imagination.

186 Responses to “#49 Aren’t I good enough?”

1. Ann May 7, 2010 at 4:47 pm #

Lol, it’s the best Moon Stick. XDD Better than my last favourite about Pluto and Time Gate!
    I’ m from Poland and in my country a lot of people prefer Usagi with Seiya. But I like Usa and Mamo copule. ^^ But it’ s sad that Seiya love Usagi and she not love him… I hope Seiya found a girlfriend even better than Usa. I saw a fanart with he and doughter of Princess Kakyuu and i think it’ s a good idea. :D

Sorry for mistakes, I’ ve only 15 years and learn English in school. :P I’m not good at english, like Usa. XDD

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

Hi *waves* Thanks for dropping a comment and no worries, I think your English is fine =D

2. NiRo~luff May 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm #

XD Poor Seiya had that one coming. Even if it was in Usagi’s imagination. But he doesn’t have to worry though. I can guarantee probably over 9000 fangirls would come rushing to his door later that night to gush all over him…

But I don’t believe Mamo-kun ever held any enmity towards Seiya, so luckily for him, he won’t get pummeled the second he comes back to life.

And as for Usagi…teehee, nice to see the sweetheart’s still loyal to her man no matter what the circumstances. :3

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:14 pm #

hahaha yeh, Mamoru didn’t seem to care/mind at all, but I guess it just means he completely trusts Usagi :3

Wouldn’t it be funny if at the end of stars, Seiya and Mamoru has a showdown? LOL How random.

• NiRo~luff May 10, 2010 at 11:50 am #

He does. Which is why he’s such a sweetie.

Lawl…I can see them arm wrestling. Or better yet, thumb wrestling. XD

3. KTVB May 7, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

LOL!! This is so cute :3 XD Love the drawing style in this one, Seiya’s face is so big!

I liked how you included Moonlight Knight’s appearance- making reference to how he’s there to replace Mamoru! And the fact Seiya doesn’t say anything more “5mins” later

Keep it up!

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

haha, I didn’t even notice the head size XD

And yesh, Seiya’s very into it. lol

4. that was just so random AHAHAHAHAH
    moonlight night appears from nowhere 3 and a half seasons after his merged with Mamo-chan
    ahahhah priceless :D

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

Thanks ^^

I had a list of characters that could possibly have appeared, including Haruka but in the end I settled for the Moonlight Knight ^^;

5. icecreamchan May 7, 2010 at 12:48 pm #

Actually I haven’t seen this scene in the series yet,but my freind who is also a sailor moon fan made me watch it XD! I actually would have liked it if the moonlight knight came in ^^.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

XD When you gonna watch the series of the series? :3

6. Sei May 7, 2010 at 12:44 pm #

love it!

I like more Moonlight Knight than Tuxedo Mask… he’s sexier and less corny <3

and Seiya?… pfffts

7. Rina May 7, 2010 at 12:08 pm #

I don’t know whether to cry or laugh. And I don’t even like Seiya/Usagi.

*stares* *beginstocrylaugh*

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 1:24 pm #

You make a good point.

I actually feel the same too! I think the idea is silly and funny, but I can’t laugh seeing Seiya so sad in the 4th frame ^^;;;

Note to self: Don’t make fun of a sad, emotional scene…lol

8. Azora May 7, 2010 at 11:36 am #

Haha this might be my most favorite comic! xD
    I LOVE Seiya’s face! XD
    I also love the 3rd panel! Ha! XD

9. Sailorasteroid May 7, 2010 at 11:26 am #

Ha, I picture Seiya standing there for 5 minutes all like, “Is she thinking about it? Did she space out? Is she in a coma? Should I say something else? Maybe I should try to kiss her, but what if she’s creeped out? Come on, say something!”

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

lol yeah!

Nothing really happens after that in the anime version, though I wish it did showed more..
      Wow, Seiya kissing Usagi here would have been perfect, lol.. She’s just gazing back at him!

But he’s not really someone who would force himself on her. ^^
      Ah..Seiya is so sweet

10. GaarasHyugaHina May 7, 2010 at 10:41 am #

very cute.

Though, I do love Moonlight Knight over tuxedo-boy..

11. VelvetRabbit May 7, 2010 at 9:52 am #

That scene makes me melt every time I see it. ;__;

12. unconventionalsenshi May 7, 2010 at 9:44 am #

muahahaha ^^ Nice XD I wish he punched Tuxedo in the face though (tuxedo or… whatever he was called under this form ^^: can’t remember

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 10:20 am #

lol..I can just see the both of them fighting each other in the fourth panel…

xD

13. YoukaiYume May 7, 2010 at 9:43 am #

…Should it be a good thing that she’s imagining this? lol.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:45 am #

haha I don’t really know, really! Does she wish he was here or not? lol.

14. Orchid May 7, 2010 at 9:12 am #

I think this one is my favorite yet! Hilariously awesome, and Moonlight Knight protecting Mamoru’s best interests, for once. :D

15. Kawaii Silence May 7, 2010 at 8:42 am #

Oh my. You know this is the only scene where I actually cried during Sailor Moon? None of the death scenes (with five seasons there are plenty) even though I really wanted to then. No this is the only time I actually ever cried. All the emotions going on both sides. And you… actually made me laugh at it, close enough anyway. I personally prefer Mamo/Usa but Usagi/Seiya does deserve some love. Great job once again.

Ot of curiousity, what made you choose Moonlight Knight instead of Tuxedo Mask? It doesn’t matter, it was good either way.

• minagiv May 7, 2010 at 9:01 am #

My assumption is because Moonlight Knight is an unconscious manifestation of Mamoru’s need to protect Usagi.

>.> No, I’m not an insane fan who remembers almost every detail about the show… and I don’t watch the Doom Tree arc over and over and over again…

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:06 am #

lol! YES, you got it!

• Kawaii Silence May 7, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

I thought it was something like that. I wasn’t sure since I only seen the R season a couple of times, the last like over a year ago.

And there is no reason why not to know the little details about the show. I remember a lot of the details from Super, and I have no problem to admitting that’s because I’ve seen it like… almost a half dozen times :D.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 1:07 pm #

The last time I watched Sailor Moon R was probably like..over 5 years ago. LOL

I haven’t watched Sailor Moon in a really really long time!

• CS May 9, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

I like to think of MLK as Bad Ass!Mamoru since he’s so wimped out in the cartoon. >.>

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:05 am #

haha, I’m glad you asked XD (Though I might’ve thought too much about it that it almost appears to be random..)

Well I thought it was “possible” that The Moonlight Knight appears, but kinda impossible for Tuxy (since we know he actually died in Stars)- so instead of popping Mamoru there I chose Moonlight Knight instead- his courageous soul who longs to protect Sailor Moon while Mamoru was away XD

lol, I thought it made sense when I made it but now that sounds weird 8D (Seeing as Usagi doesn’t know Mamoru is dead and since this is just her imagination it shouldn’t have to make sense)

Anyways I personally loved this scene too. It was so sad seeing Seiya feel so hopelessly in love, especially when I adored this couple. I didn’t know how to make this scene funny but I somehow wanted to include it in MoonSticks ^^;

8D

• Neko May 8, 2010 at 10:56 pm #

Me too. Actually, I used to cry heaps during SM. These days, in my frozen, mature brain, this is the only scene that brings tears. Every time. Just goes to show. xD

16. Lauris May 7, 2010 at 8:05 am #

It’s so funny! But certainly I’m totally shipper of Seiya & Usagi, but THIS is totally hilarious I mean, not for be a Lady Kou what to means I don’t like Mamo-chan. I just was wish that they stay together, anyway… funny!

17. Tanya May 7, 2010 at 7:54 am #

Omg! Lmao! This one is too funny! I wish this could have happened in the anime for real!I never liked Seiya. Thats why I secretly wish that Mamo would have hit her/him when he found out about this situation ,the rose throwing and the fact that she/he was in love with Usa.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:29 am #

lol.

I guess this comic can seem anti-seiya, but it’s not 8DDDDDD
      Good to know you enjoyed it ^_^

• Tanya May 7, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

I think this comic is going to spark a lot of debate!! lol! When he asked her the in the anime I wish I could have yelled” No! You are not good enough for her! She is love with a prince and they are going to rule the earth together in a thousand years from now and have a child together! So you no where near being good enough for Usa!” I think he/ she would have died are started crying if I could have yell that!! lol

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

I’ll try to keep the “hatefulness” away from here but I just wanted to add this:

Seiya is a total sweetheart though and you shouldn’t have to hate someone for loving, right? In Seiya’s eyes, Usagi’s boyfriend was a cruel cold person who made Usagi cry- not picking up calls, returning letters.. he felt she deserved better. If Seiya had known the real Mamoru, I’m sure he would never have thought about breaking them up or coming between them. In fact, even in the anime he never forced himself on Usagi and always respected her. I think it’s really cute and the two without a doubt share a lot of chemistry :) I’m not saying I prefer one over or the other (for Usagi), but I really admire Seiya as a character- an individual with a big heart who is hopelessly in love with the..unattainable ^_^;

• Tanya May 7, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

You are right about that.

18. fraises May 7, 2010 at 7:40 am #

I love this scene! I cried so much when I watched it. I felt so bad for Seiya though, there were parts of me that kinda hoped that Usagi would just accept him… but then, my love will always be for Mamoru too. Haha.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:28 am #

lol yes. Very memorable scene for me too ^^
      I think this was probably the climax of their ‘relationship’ and I’m glad Seiya was able to confess his true feelings to her (even though she belongs to Mamo-chan)

(This scene also makes it unconvincing that Usagi did not know what Seiya was referring to when they said their goodbyes in the end- lol, Usagi..)

19. Apple-Autumn May 7, 2010 at 7:28 am #

Don’t you just hate it when the Moonlight Knight comes in during all of those special moments? xD

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:25 am #

hahaha yeah. Well, he’s like Tuxy- he has all the right timings :8D

20. xXPrettyNekoXx May 7, 2010 at 7:25 am #

Don’t you just hate when that happens?! ^_^

21. Brad May 7, 2010 at 7:16 am #

Love it as always! Funny, I’ve just been watching Stars so the title of the strip made complete sense to me before I even saw it!

GO MOONLIGHT KNIGHT!!!! Always loved that character!

22. Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 7:02 am #

Eeek..just realised some of the colouring/shading is a bit off in the third frame.. will get that fixed when I get the chance >.< (I’m kinda embarrassed by that sloppiness, but I was up to 2am so my eyes probably went funny @.@)

8D Please enjoy the comic!

23. Pokota / Raekuul May 7, 2010 at 7:02 am #

Haha! Random Moonlight Knight attack!

Always a pleasure to read these, Jen.

24. suave celine May 7, 2010 at 6:55 am #

OMG!
    you should make more “seiya and usagi” comics!
    I LOVE IT!

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:09 am #

Thankss ;D I hope to make more too (I love these two)

25. Waterkeeper511 May 7, 2010 at 6:46 am #

This one is epically hilarious. I can’t even type out a “HAHAHA” because it’s that funny.