#49 Aren’t I good enough?

MoonSticks #49 Aren't I good enough? featuring the Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter, Usagi/Sailor Moon and the Moonlight Knight

[[Seiya is kneeling on the ground in front of Usagi, with his hands on her shoulders]]
Narrator: Seiya could no longer hold back his feelings… so he leaned in and said those words:
Seiya: Odango…Aren’t I good enough?

Usagi (thinks): He.. He..loves me? What should I do?
{{B-BMP B-BMP}}

Moonlight Knight: Back off, she’s taken!
[[Moonlight Knight appears and punches Seiya's face]]
Seiya: Argh!
Usagi: Seiya!!

Narrator: 5 minutes later…
[[Seiya is still waiting for her response]]
Seiya: …
Usagi (thinking): Wait. That was just my imagination.

196 Responses to “#49 Aren’t I good enough?”

1. serenas May 21, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

lolololol interupter wait… is that a plaster on seiya face?

2. PizzaRolls May 20, 2010 at 6:33 pm #

“Well Seiya, remember my pink haired cousin?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Yeah… well, if I don’t hook up with Mamo-chan she won’t exist but if I leave Mamo-chan open she could seduce him into an incest thing and there’s no way for DiC or Cloverway to cover that plot hiccup so…”

3. BakaB May 19, 2010 at 11:44 am #

I am so in Love with Mamo-chan, so I am definitely loving this. Go Mamoru! You beat that nasty Seiya up!

4. Neoqueencosmos May 19, 2010 at 3:34 am #

that is so fnny when mamochan cums in! aww poor seiya!!!

5. selichan May 17, 2010 at 8:05 pm #

Hawww.. Seiya.. Mamo-chan..
    thats realy hard… i LOVE Mamo&Usagi … thats simply the only way it should be.. BUT… in the anime.. Mamo-chan realy gets booooorrrinnngg.. more and more and more and mooorrre…. I’m happy that the manga is different in that point.

I like Saiya.. for me! XDDDD Usagi had to stay with Mamo-chan ^^~

But it would be interesting to see how a child from Seiya and Usagi looks like :) *hint* XD

Well.. i’m runing out of compliments for your artwork xDDD It’s just sooo perfekt.. ^^ i love your style.. :P

more more more ^—^

• Chibi Jennifer May 18, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

hahaha yeah, I often think that too “You can have Mamo-chan, Usagi! Let us have Seiya” XD XD

Thanks for your comments again :) You’re always too kind!

6. Odango Atama May 14, 2010 at 8:05 am #

Awww! My poor Seyia-kun! I’ll love you instead of Usagi! Although, that would be an interesting fight. Mamoru vs. Seyia. Tuxedo Kamen/Prince Endymion/Moonlight Knight vs. Sailor Star Fighter. In a battle to the death for Usagi! The winner gets to be the King of the Earth and Chibi Usa’s father!……………nah. I don’t think Usagi would like that. But that’d be interesting!

7. lost--beauty May 12, 2010 at 9:51 am #

Oh Usagi, such an overactive imagination… reminds me of the ‘dancing’ incident when Seiya just wanted to take her clubbing, hahahaha!

• Chibi Jennifer May 12, 2010 at 1:00 pm #

haha I don’t blame her there though, Seiya did act awfully..close. LOL

8. juna May 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm #

I’ve always loved that scene :) I loved Seiya/Usagi so much! Especially since Mamoru was so boring after season 2. He like lost his attitude and personality >_< Ah, this is a funny strip though hehe. I WISH he would have that kind of attitude ^_~

9. Sailor Gold Rabbit May 10, 2010 at 11:46 am #

Poor Seiya. :( And poor Usagi, too. She must have felt so bad, having to let Seiya down…

Anyways, loved the strip! Very cute.

10. xx-hikari-xx May 10, 2010 at 9:15 am #

Very cute :3 But why does my Sei-chan have to get beaten up? (Even though its kinda funny to watch my Sei-chan get beaten up).. Am I a sadist? O.O

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

lol…..

But you make a good point. Beaten up looks cool too XD

11. kagome-120 May 10, 2010 at 9:13 am #

lol poor Seiya!! Usagi should love him though~ even though she’s with Mamo-chan!! But I prefer her with Sei-kun~

12. LinneaKou May 10, 2010 at 9:13 am #

So this is why she didn’t answer… XD

13. Molnja May 10, 2010 at 9:12 am #

ha ha its funny… but in this situation I think of the stupid german translation…
    in the german dubed version seiya seid: “I will help you” and not “aren’t I good enough?”

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:45 am #

oh wow, lol. That’s funny! Never knew that!

Why would Usagi be blushing if Seiya said that though? o_o

• lol someone could ask why was Usagi blushing in S season at her birthday episode on the Eng Dub!
        when she said to H&M that Mamoru is not her boyfriend anymore, why did she blush when Haruka said to her that, now she has a chance with him since they both like bikes and speed ;p

Dubs always destroy everything.
        in greek dub, when Haruka wanted to extract the Talisman from her own heart and usagi came in to stop her, Haruka said in greek “there is another talisman in YOUR heart” and then she shot herself :facepalm:

• Chibi Jennifer May 13, 2010 at 9:09 am #

hahahah omg are you serious?? I never watched S in dub so I wasn’t aware…lol That’s funny!

• ohh but Haruka in the english dub was a heterosexual and of course a cousin of the more heterosexual Michiru!
            in some dubs around the world Haruka was a man who transformed into a woman like the 3 lights. and stuff like that.

14. Joine May 9, 2010 at 11:32 pm #

OhmyGG’s, this was just funny! But I gotta feel bad for Seiya; especially because Moonlight Knight beat him up! Moonlight Knight, of all people! I expected Mamoru to fly in and kick him in the side of the head, but Moonlight Knight is close enough. ^^

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:44 am #

hahah yeah ^^ Plus, getting Moonlight Knight to do Tuxy’s dirty work would make Mamo still more ‘Prince Charming’ like, ehehehee.

15. CS May 9, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

In fifth panel Haruka would come in with a flying punch from the side.

16. Lizzie May 9, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

OMG I always wanted that to happen during stars!!!!!!!

17. kael May 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

Omg, Seiya/Usagi otp! Kthx.

Love it! :)

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:41 am #

otp!? Kthx?

hm?

hehee XD

• kael May 13, 2010 at 10:40 am #

Hahah, I was too excited to use real words. I’ve been dying to see you draw Seiya again. If I was Usagi, I would dump her twat boyfriend and run away with the rock star. Also, this is hilarious. :)

No offense to Mamoru, of course. X_X;

18. Sailor Fall May 9, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

Wow, almost 50 comics! I loved in the third panel that Usagi cheered mamoru on by uh,shaking her fist. I wonder how seiya would respond to that… Especially cuz he’s a woman! XD

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:41 am #

hehe yesh! Almost 50! ^.^

Good you got a good laugh :D

19. TimeSage May 8, 2010 at 5:29 am #

To me it always felt like the entire SeyiaXUsgai thing was more of a replacement then anything real. Seyia was thrown in to provide the dynamic Mamoru and Usagi had early on and which hadn’t really been season since the first part of R. As for an in universe perspective I always felt like Seyia was projecting His/her feelings for Kakyuu onto Usagi do to their similarities.

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:40 am #

It was very freshening to see the whole ‘chasing’ part that was lacking for several seasons ever since Mamo-Usagi got together. It added a lot of excitement (though I have to say Mamo-Usagi teasing at the start wasn’t as entertaining ^^;)

20. BeccaMay May 8, 2010 at 4:24 am #

hahahaa aww bless ^.^
    i love pannel 3 <3
    Ive been reading these for quite a while now so i thought its about time i started commenting ;)
    keep it up Jennifer =)

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:38 am #

yay, nice of you to drop a comment! Thanks for following MoonSticks too ^^

21. Koneko-Chan May 8, 2010 at 4:23 am #

-snorts- Poor Seiya. I really wished there had been a chance for him and Usagi.

I don’t like Mamo-chan much at least not anime-Mamo. He always came off as weak and pathetic in my eyes [Mind you i have yet to get my hands on the manga so i have no clue of how he is in the manga].

He’s supposed to be the Protector of Earth [to me that means he's suppose to be the strongest not just the distraction like the anime played him down to be] yet he gets easily brainwashed and breaks up with Usa over dreams and hurting her. Yet here is Seiya, a person with a heart of GOLD, loving a girl for HERSELF, not for Sailor Moon or the fact that she was once Princess Serenity or is going to be Neo Queen Serenity, but loving her for Tsukino Usagi. Imo I think that speaks more volumes than the wishy-washy relationship that Usagi shares with Mamoru in the anime. Even if there is no shown feelings returned from her, its still a sweeter love. Plus in the anime, Seiya survived all the way to end, unlike Mr Tuxedo Mask who didn’t last five minutes against Galaxia. Thus making Seiya a stronger protector [and a better man] than Chiba Mamoru.

Of course this all in my opinion and now i’ll shut up my ramblings XD.

I totally love your comics!

• Neko May 8, 2010 at 10:54 pm #

Cheers to that!! You get cookies x 10000000000000000000000 Great comic, as always. And that scene always has me reaching for the tissues. Seiya is incredible, Mamoru needs to purchase for himself a personality.

• Sailorhif May 9, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

Seiya liked Usagi because she looked like the princess from where he was from.

He did like her personality but did not love it.

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:37 am #

If Seiya’s feelings for Usagi isn’t love I duno what it is XD

• Chibi Jennifer May 10, 2010 at 9:35 am #

hehehe thank you! ^_^ I agree with your points too (Though I haven’t read the manga so I’ve only been exposed to anime Mamo whose is known to be less likable than its manga counterpart)

22. Katrin May 8, 2010 at 2:01 am #

I prefer Seiya over Mamoru, since I think Seiya got a more exciting personalty. :)

23. Kym May 7, 2010 at 9:01 pm #

Watching the scene I literally cried.
    Of course Mamoru and Usagi belong together but deep inside my heart I was kinda secretly hoping that Seiya and Usagi became a couple.

As usual you made an amazing comic, LOVED it! <3

24. Kibate May 7, 2010 at 5:04 pm #

I so don’t get this one either…
    maybe it would help if i could remember this scene?(i hate seiya x usagi, thats why i almost forgot everything about seiya hitting on usagi) but still… don’t get it…

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

Oh ^^;

But that’s ok, humor is very weird thing, if you find it funny, it’s funny and if you don’t well..there’s nothing wrong with that too :)

25. Hotaru/Lilac May 7, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

omg halarious
    u have to make more “seiya and usagi” comic
    although i go for usagi X Mamoru
    (but seiya is still ok)

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:16 pm #

lol thanks!

I find it odd that you want more Seiya x Usagi doujins when you prefer Mamo-chan, ehehehe! How does that work?

26. Ann May 7, 2010 at 4:47 pm #

Lol, it’s the best Moon Stick. XDD Better than my last favourite about Pluto and Time Gate!
    I’ m from Poland and in my country a lot of people prefer Usagi with Seiya. But I like Usa and Mamo copule. ^^ But it’ s sad that Seiya love Usagi and she not love him… I hope Seiya found a girlfriend even better than Usa. I saw a fanart with he and doughter of Princess Kakyuu and i think it’ s a good idea. :D

Sorry for mistakes, I’ ve only 15 years and learn English in school. :P I’m not good at english, like Usa. XDD

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

Hi *waves* Thanks for dropping a comment and no worries, I think your English is fine =D

27. NiRo~luff May 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm #

XD Poor Seiya had that one coming. Even if it was in Usagi’s imagination. But he doesn’t have to worry though. I can guarantee probably over 9000 fangirls would come rushing to his door later that night to gush all over him…

But I don’t believe Mamo-kun ever held any enmity towards Seiya, so luckily for him, he won’t get pummeled the second he comes back to life.

And as for Usagi…teehee, nice to see the sweetheart’s still loyal to her man no matter what the circumstances. :3

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:14 pm #

hahaha yeh, Mamoru didn’t seem to care/mind at all, but I guess it just means he completely trusts Usagi :3

Wouldn’t it be funny if at the end of stars, Seiya and Mamoru has a showdown? LOL How random.

• NiRo~luff May 10, 2010 at 11:50 am #

He does. Which is why he’s such a sweetie.

Lawl…I can see them arm wrestling. Or better yet, thumb wrestling. XD

28. KTVB May 7, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

LOL!! This is so cute :3 XD Love the drawing style in this one, Seiya’s face is so big!

I liked how you included Moonlight Knight’s appearance- making reference to how he’s there to replace Mamoru! And the fact Seiya doesn’t say anything more “5mins” later

Keep it up!

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

haha, I didn’t even notice the head size XD

And yesh, Seiya’s very into it. lol

29. that was just so random AHAHAHAHAH
    moonlight night appears from nowhere 3 and a half seasons after his merged with Mamo-chan
    ahahhah priceless :D

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

Thanks ^^

I had a list of characters that could possibly have appeared, including Haruka but in the end I settled for the Moonlight Knight ^^;

30. icecreamchan May 7, 2010 at 12:48 pm #

Actually I haven’t seen this scene in the series yet,but my freind who is also a sailor moon fan made me watch it XD! I actually would have liked it if the moonlight knight came in ^^.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

XD When you gonna watch the series of the series? :3

31. Sei May 7, 2010 at 12:44 pm #

love it!

I like more Moonlight Knight than Tuxedo Mask… he’s sexier and less corny <3

and Seiya?… pfffts

32. Rina May 7, 2010 at 12:08 pm #

I don’t know whether to cry or laugh. And I don’t even like Seiya/Usagi.

*stares* *beginstocrylaugh*

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 1:24 pm #

You make a good point.

I actually feel the same too! I think the idea is silly and funny, but I can’t laugh seeing Seiya so sad in the 4th frame ^^;;;

Note to self: Don’t make fun of a sad, emotional scene…lol

33. Azora May 7, 2010 at 11:36 am #

Haha this might be my most favorite comic! xD
    I LOVE Seiya’s face! XD
    I also love the 3rd panel! Ha! XD

34. Sailorasteroid May 7, 2010 at 11:26 am #

Ha, I picture Seiya standing there for 5 minutes all like, “Is she thinking about it? Did she space out? Is she in a coma? Should I say something else? Maybe I should try to kiss her, but what if she’s creeped out? Come on, say something!”

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

lol yeah!

Nothing really happens after that in the anime version, though I wish it did showed more..
      Wow, Seiya kissing Usagi here would have been perfect, lol.. She’s just gazing back at him!

But he’s not really someone who would force himself on her. ^^
      Ah..Seiya is so sweet

35. GaarasHyugaHina May 7, 2010 at 10:41 am #

very cute.

Though, I do love Moonlight Knight over tuxedo-boy..

36. VelvetRabbit May 7, 2010 at 9:52 am #

That scene makes me melt every time I see it. ;__;

37. unconventionalsenshi May 7, 2010 at 9:44 am #

muahahaha ^^ Nice XD I wish he punched Tuxedo in the face though (tuxedo or… whatever he was called under this form ^^: can’t remember

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 10:20 am #

lol..I can just see the both of them fighting each other in the fourth panel…

xD

38. YoukaiYume May 7, 2010 at 9:43 am #

…Should it be a good thing that she’s imagining this? lol.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:45 am #

haha I don’t really know, really! Does she wish he was here or not? lol.

39. Orchid May 7, 2010 at 9:12 am #

I think this one is my favorite yet! Hilariously awesome, and Moonlight Knight protecting Mamoru’s best interests, for once. :D

40. Kawaii Silence May 7, 2010 at 8:42 am #

Oh my. You know this is the only scene where I actually cried during Sailor Moon? None of the death scenes (with five seasons there are plenty) even though I really wanted to then. No this is the only time I actually ever cried. All the emotions going on both sides. And you… actually made me laugh at it, close enough anyway. I personally prefer Mamo/Usa but Usagi/Seiya does deserve some love. Great job once again.

Ot of curiousity, what made you choose Moonlight Knight instead of Tuxedo Mask? It doesn’t matter, it was good either way.

• minagiv May 7, 2010 at 9:01 am #

My assumption is because Moonlight Knight is an unconscious manifestation of Mamoru’s need to protect Usagi.

>.> No, I’m not an insane fan who remembers almost every detail about the show… and I don’t watch the Doom Tree arc over and over and over again…

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:06 am #

lol! YES, you got it!

• Kawaii Silence May 7, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

I thought it was something like that. I wasn’t sure since I only seen the R season a couple of times, the last like over a year ago.

And there is no reason why not to know the little details about the show. I remember a lot of the details from Super, and I have no problem to admitting that’s because I’ve seen it like… almost a half dozen times :D.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 1:07 pm #

The last time I watched Sailor Moon R was probably like..over 5 years ago. LOL

I haven’t watched Sailor Moon in a really really long time!

• CS May 9, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

I like to think of MLK as Bad Ass!Mamoru since he’s so wimped out in the cartoon. >.>

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:05 am #

haha, I’m glad you asked XD (Though I might’ve thought too much about it that it almost appears to be random..)

Well I thought it was “possible” that The Moonlight Knight appears, but kinda impossible for Tuxy (since we know he actually died in Stars)- so instead of popping Mamoru there I chose Moonlight Knight instead- his courageous soul who longs to protect Sailor Moon while Mamoru was away XD

lol, I thought it made sense when I made it but now that sounds weird 8D (Seeing as Usagi doesn’t know Mamoru is dead and since this is just her imagination it shouldn’t have to make sense)

Anyways I personally loved this scene too. It was so sad seeing Seiya feel so hopelessly in love, especially when I adored this couple. I didn’t know how to make this scene funny but I somehow wanted to include it in MoonSticks ^^;

8D

• Neko May 8, 2010 at 10:56 pm #

Me too. Actually, I used to cry heaps during SM. These days, in my frozen, mature brain, this is the only scene that brings tears. Every time. Just goes to show. xD

41. Lauris May 7, 2010 at 8:05 am #

It’s so funny! But certainly I’m totally shipper of Seiya & Usagi, but THIS is totally hilarious I mean, not for be a Lady Kou what to means I don’t like Mamo-chan. I just was wish that they stay together, anyway… funny!

42. Tanya May 7, 2010 at 7:54 am #

Omg! Lmao! This one is too funny! I wish this could have happened in the anime for real!I never liked Seiya. Thats why I secretly wish that Mamo would have hit her/him when he found out about this situation ,the rose throwing and the fact that she/he was in love with Usa.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:29 am #

lol.

I guess this comic can seem anti-seiya, but it’s not 8DDDDDD
      Good to know you enjoyed it ^_^

• Tanya May 7, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

I think this comic is going to spark a lot of debate!! lol! When he asked her the in the anime I wish I could have yelled” No! You are not good enough for her! She is love with a prince and they are going to rule the earth together in a thousand years from now and have a child together! So you no where near being good enough for Usa!” I think he/ she would have died are started crying if I could have yell that!! lol

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

I’ll try to keep the “hatefulness” away from here but I just wanted to add this:

Seiya is a total sweetheart though and you shouldn’t have to hate someone for loving, right? In Seiya’s eyes, Usagi’s boyfriend was a cruel cold person who made Usagi cry- not picking up calls, returning letters.. he felt she deserved better. If Seiya had known the real Mamoru, I’m sure he would never have thought about breaking them up or coming between them. In fact, even in the anime he never forced himself on Usagi and always respected her. I think it’s really cute and the two without a doubt share a lot of chemistry :) I’m not saying I prefer one over or the other (for Usagi), but I really admire Seiya as a character- an individual with a big heart who is hopelessly in love with the..unattainable ^_^;

• Tanya May 7, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

You are right about that.

43. fraises May 7, 2010 at 7:40 am #

I love this scene! I cried so much when I watched it. I felt so bad for Seiya though, there were parts of me that kinda hoped that Usagi would just accept him… but then, my love will always be for Mamoru too. Haha.

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:28 am #

lol yes. Very memorable scene for me too ^^
      I think this was probably the climax of their ‘relationship’ and I’m glad Seiya was able to confess his true feelings to her (even though she belongs to Mamo-chan)

(This scene also makes it unconvincing that Usagi did not know what Seiya was referring to when they said their goodbyes in the end- lol, Usagi..)

44. Apple-Autumn May 7, 2010 at 7:28 am #

Don’t you just hate it when the Moonlight Knight comes in during all of those special moments? xD

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:25 am #

hahaha yeah. Well, he’s like Tuxy- he has all the right timings :8D

45. xXPrettyNekoXx May 7, 2010 at 7:25 am #

Don’t you just hate when that happens?! ^_^

46. Brad May 7, 2010 at 7:16 am #

Love it as always! Funny, I’ve just been watching Stars so the title of the strip made complete sense to me before I even saw it!

GO MOONLIGHT KNIGHT!!!! Always loved that character!

47. Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 7:02 am #

Eeek..just realised some of the colouring/shading is a bit off in the third frame.. will get that fixed when I get the chance >.< (I’m kinda embarrassed by that sloppiness, but I was up to 2am so my eyes probably went funny @.@)

8D Please enjoy the comic!

48. Pokota / Raekuul May 7, 2010 at 7:02 am #

Haha! Random Moonlight Knight attack!

Always a pleasure to read these, Jen.

49. suave celine May 7, 2010 at 6:55 am #

OMG!
    you should make more “seiya and usagi” comics!
    I LOVE IT!

• Chibi Jennifer May 7, 2010 at 9:09 am #

Thankss ;D I hope to make more too (I love these two)

50. Waterkeeper511 May 7, 2010 at 6:46 am #

This one is epically hilarious. I can’t even type out a “HAHAHA” because it’s that funny.