#48 Short End of the Glaive

MoonSticks #48 Saturn's Exciting Return featuring the outer senshi Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe, Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou, Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaiou and Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou

Narrator: Some time during Sailor Stars..
Sailor Saturn (thinking): Aww…I’m so excited!! I’m now part of the glamourous and super cool Outer Senshi! Yayyy!

Sailor Saturn (thinking): I’ll finally get a transformation sequence and maybe even a new attack! It’s gonna be great!
[[Sailor Saturn has a huge smile on her face]]

[[Sailor Neptune is standing with Sailor Uranus]]
Sailor Uranus: Hotaru, be a good girl and help Pluto around the house, ok?
Sailor Saturn: Aww!! But I want to fight!

Sailor Uranus: You can come in during the final battle
*muttering under her breath* and let us kill you :D
Sailor Saturn: Yay! You’re the best!!!
Setsuna (wearing an apron): Bullies…
Narrator: Sailor Saturn always got the short of the end of the stick

151 Responses to “#48 Short End of the Glaive”

1. HikaruKibou June 26, 2010 at 7:11 pm #

Poor Hotaru, she looks so eagered and happy.
    Pluto and Saturn need more love!
    Hahaha Haruka so blunt

2. Death Rebirth Senshi June 16, 2010 at 4:38 am #

lol poor hotaru T-T the best she can ever hope for is always dying!
    It’s not fair that the starlights got 2 or 3 different versions of their attacks and henshins and saturn got none!
    And poor pluto sympathizes, she never got a new attack either.

3. SailorUranusFan June 1, 2010 at 7:26 am #

Lol uranus is so cold.(but i have no room to talk lol)

• Chibi Jennifer June 1, 2010 at 11:35 am #

So blunt and honest 8D It’s what we love about Haru ^.^

• SailorUranusFan June 7, 2010 at 2:29 pm #

yep thats the truth

4. Neoqueencosmos May 19, 2010 at 3:36 am #

once agen another funny comic strip!! fanks chibi jennifer!

5. selichan May 17, 2010 at 7:57 pm #

Well well.. back again :D Sorry for being late.. holidays in italy! It was great. But now i’m happy to be back.. (damn.. i realy need to learn better english.. i takes me ~5 minutes and a lot of google work to “create” only one sentence xD)

Pooor poor hotaru-chan! Alway on the last place.. although she’s sooo powerfull! O_o thats just not fair. I realy like her charakter.. she’s one of my favorite soldiers :) Her eyes… *Q* <3

Anyway! Haru-chan is realy mean xD but.. i realy belief that she would say that.. Sometimes Haru-chan is .. yeah.. just mean xD don't know how to describe it better :p

I like the comic! More Hotaru!! :D

Great Artwork.. like always ;)

<3<3<3

• Chibi Jennifer May 18, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

Welcome back Selichan! Hope you had a fab holiday ^_^ I’d love to go to Italy one day!

I think you’re doing a fine job, your English is fine =) And yes, Hotaru does have pretty eyes, they’re quite distinctive compared to the other girls (I think the other outer senshi eyes look very similar to each other)

6. Dr. Rorschach May 9, 2010 at 4:02 pm #

Poor Hotaru chan… :(.

7. NiRo~luff May 7, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

Poor child. Possessed by an alien overlord for an entire season only to be turned into a baby at the end and then finally when gets her chance at the limelight, it’s all scrapped in the favor of Haru and Michi’s “coolness”. *sigh* I’d argue for Setsuna too, but the woman did get a sufficient spot before the rest of the subteam a season earlier.

• Chibi Jennifer May 12, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

lol, I can imagine Pluto still giving you that annoyed/sweatdrop look XD

• NiRo~luff June 18, 2010 at 8:01 am #

I guess Setsu-chan would be kind of pissed at that. But seriously, for the short amounts of time that the Outers DO show up, it’s always Haruka and Michiru! Setsuna and Hotaru deserve some love too…

8. Sailor Sun May 6, 2010 at 10:38 pm #

Yeah, this so true. Poor Hutaro!
    This comic is awesome ;)
    Missed moonstics ^__^

9. Okash May 4, 2010 at 8:45 pm #

LOOOOOL!
    This is your definitely THE BEST (to date) episode! (which shows how ‘Stars’ season is… painful?) XD

10. Sailor Pallas May 4, 2010 at 12:38 pm #

poor hotaru!!!!! she is always taken advantage of =(

• Chibi Jennifer May 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm #

awww ^.^

Yea, Pluto stole her from her beloved papa too..

11. KTVB May 4, 2010 at 8:10 am #

OMG!!! I love this comic, it just way too cute!! She’s so adorable!!

I love how Saturn speaks/thinks exactly how feel haha. Poor Hotaru though “and let us kill you” XD, good she didn’t hear that part! lol

YAY for another Sailor Saturn one!!

Keep it up!

• Chibi Jennifer May 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm #

:D yay~ Glad you like it!
      I wonder what Hotaru’s reaction would be if she did hear it?

..and Pluto for that matter XD

12. Sailor Fall May 3, 2010 at 2:32 am #

I notice that haruka just kind of adds in that “We’re gonna kill you.” part. I always wondered if saturn not hearing well was one of her sicknesses! xD

• Chibi Jennifer May 4, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

oh nah, Hotaru doesn’t have any hearing problems ^^; It’s hard to catch something like that if it’s intentionally made hard to hear XD

13. wampir00 May 2, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

jajajaja!!! When I began to see SM Stars (a while ago!!!) I was excited ’cause at least we could see ALL the outer senshis in action and what happened… saturn just appeared at the end to be killed, what the hell?!!!

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

YES. That is exactly the case… v_v I was disappointed that they weren’t in the opening, closing or intermission clips either :O

14. kuroitenshi13 May 2, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

I was sooo mad about that! Saturn is my fave <3~

15. Jumpyham May 2, 2010 at 3:43 pm #

Haha, so true! :D
    Poor Hotoru, she didn’t even get a decent henshin seqence….

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2010 at 4:12 pm #

You’d thinking signing up as a Sailor Senshi would include mandatory benefits such as a cool henshin 8D

16. Magnis-Gregir May 2, 2010 at 3:43 pm #

This is why Sailor Saturn is an Ensemble Darkhorse.

She’s so awesome yet we never see enough of her.

17. DavisJes May 2, 2010 at 3:43 pm #

Poor Saturn. Yeah I wish she had gotten an real transformation.

18. starca May 2, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

I understand why Pluto is bullied (being a small *planet* XD) but Saturn is so much bigger and has all the nice rings all around..needs more respect lol :giggle:

• Chibi Jennifer May 2, 2010 at 4:11 pm #

lol, I love your reasoning :D

Now I feel sorry for Pluto ^^;

19. thecharlotteness May 2, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

Aww T^T She’s one of my favourites… they’re so mean though :U

20. Odango Atama May 2, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

Lol. Awww. Poor Hotaru…always getting the short end of the glaive. Maybe she should threaten that she’ll drop the glaive if she doesn’t get some cool new transformation sequence and a new power! lol.

21. zeefa85 May 1, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

Hotaru doesn’t have any transformation sequence. That’s what make her special :D

• Chibi Jennifer May 1, 2010 at 7:21 pm #

They even gave Sailor Chibimoon a full henshin (used once for the S movie and another in a random episode..)

WOuld’ve been a bonus to see Saturn henshin once

22. TimeSage May 1, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

Well if you want to get techinal she DOES have a transformation sequence…. It’s just not in the anime. It’s in a video game.

And here’s a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZUFAeFcZsE

• Chibi Jennifer May 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

Doesn’t count since it wasn’t used in the anime ;)

(Plus it’s a really short cut one..)

23. A Fan May 1, 2010 at 3:55 am #

She can crack a planet in half if she drops the Glaive. Does she really need more power?

(That said, let’s hope Hotaru keeps a firm grip on that thing…)

• Chibi Jennifer May 1, 2010 at 7:59 am #

But Galaxia snapped it in the final battle :O!!

No more attack :x

24. CS May 1, 2010 at 3:48 am #

Hotaruuuuu! ;_; And I bet she was all doe-eyed like that, too!

25. celestialchild May 1, 2010 at 12:46 am #

I always preferred to theorize that Saturn and Pluto were so awesome and special they didn’t need new attacks or transformation sequences.

It was really all I could do to explain away my disappointment. :(

• Chibi Jennifer May 1, 2010 at 7:58 am #

awwww…lol

The more awesome, the less appearances ;) Makes them special aye.