#48 Short End of the Glaive

MoonSticks #48 Saturn's Exciting Return featuring the outer senshi Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe, Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenou, Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaiou and Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou

Narrator: Some time during Sailor Stars..
Sailor Saturn (thinking): Aww…I’m so excited!! I’m now part of the glamourous and super cool Outer Senshi! Yayyy!

Sailor Saturn (thinking): I’ll finally get a transformation sequence and maybe even a new attack! It’s gonna be great!
[[Sailor Saturn has a huge smile on her face]]

[[Sailor Neptune is standing with Sailor Uranus]]
Sailor Uranus: Hotaru, be a good girl and help Pluto around the house, ok?
Sailor Saturn: Aww!! But I want to fight!

Sailor Uranus: You can come in during the final battle
*muttering under her breath* and let us kill you :D
Sailor Saturn: Yay! You’re the best!!!
Setsuna (wearing an apron): Bullies…
Narrator: Sailor Saturn always got the short of the end of the stick

151 Responses to “#48 Short End of the Glaive”

1. Zilimidori April 30, 2010 at 11:23 pm #

Bwahaha! Excellent comic as always! Keep up the great work!

2. Joine April 30, 2010 at 10:46 pm #

Saturn sure did always get the short end of the stick!
    But that’s why we love her. :D

And that’s why we love Pluto, too; no new attack while Uranus and Neptune get their sword and mirror!

Maybe Naoko-hime is showing favorites? ;)

• Chibi Jennifer May 1, 2010 at 7:57 am #

XD

I think it probably had more to do with the anime production rather than the manga (since they get plenty more screentime)

• Joine May 2, 2010 at 10:02 am #

True, too true. XD

3. Miss Breeziness April 30, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

Awwww, poor Hotaru. :(

4. Hotaru/Lilac April 30, 2010 at 5:40 pm #

POOR SATURN SEREUSLY!!!(SHES MY FAVIROUT SENCHI)
    too bad its true:(
    anyway buy buy blues still love the comic espeshly uranus in the 4th pannle “you can come in during the final battle and let us kill you”
    YOU DREW SAILOR SATURN SO WELL
    thumbs up for me

5. Naru-7-Chaos April 30, 2010 at 3:13 pm #

lol This made my day! XD

6. awwww poor hotaru-chan
    :smacks Haruka on the head: don’t pretend to be so cold heart-ed when you are not!

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

haha yesh that does seem pretty evol on Haruka’s part 8D

But it’s the truth. Lol

7. Menstrual-Cramps April 30, 2010 at 12:54 pm #

I loved her so much too. XD I remember being all giddy for Stars and only to find out all she did was die over and over again. lol

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 1:37 pm #

I remember being really really excited about seeing her attacks…

At least she did something to Nehellenia ^^; That was cool..

8. TuxedoMiniMask April 30, 2010 at 11:09 am #

Lol OMG this is soooo funny xD

9. YoukaiYume April 30, 2010 at 11:09 am #

Sad but true. I was waiting for it too.

The Sailor Starlights on the other hand got TWO versions of their transformations and attacks. lulz.

10. Brianna-Chan April 30, 2010 at 11:08 am #

haha This is SO true. Poor girl.

11. satunian April 30, 2010 at 11:07 am #

D_: It’s so true!!!

12. kaldasei April 30, 2010 at 11:07 am #

OMFG I died of laughter at “and let us kill you”. XD It’s so harsh… poor Saturn should have gotten more screentime, she was badass.

13. Waterkeeper511 April 30, 2010 at 11:04 am #

HILARIOUS as always. =) I love Saturn’s facial expressions here, hehe. And how dreamy you portrayed the Outers in the first panel. ^_^;

14. Bree April 30, 2010 at 10:36 am #

Poor Hotaru-chan… And all of the senshi actually. I mean, the anime was such a ripoff for all of them! The Outer’s only good season was S, and they didn’t even appear at all in SuperS… I love you, Outers! ;-;

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm #

haha yeah..we don’t get to see their henshin as much either even in the episodes they do appear in.

15. Rina April 30, 2010 at 10:11 am #

Hotaru is adorable. Especially love that first panel. XD Us SM fans were totally ALL like that at some age or another….

16. Azora April 30, 2010 at 9:53 am #

Aww poor Saturn….I watched her transformation on youtube and it was soo cool! :(
    Too bad it didn’t show in the anime. :\

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm #

You mean the one from the game? That looks cool, though it was also shortened and didn’t have the full thing..

17. icecreamchan April 30, 2010 at 9:40 am #

Haha I feel so sorry for hotaru,but at least she had a big role in sailor moon S,even if it wasn’t as sailor saturn :).

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

hehehe yeah ^_^

Kinda wish she grew back to her ‘S’ age though ^^;

18. Kawaii Silence April 30, 2010 at 9:01 am #

Yay! One for the outers! I love the comic. Poor Hotaru-chan, she didn’t even get a transformation in the anime or an attack that wasn’t all defense or complete utter obliveration. Anyway the outer senshi need more love, especially Saturn and Pluto, so ripped off in the anime. At least Saturn needs more in Stars, her role in Super was fine I guess. One more note I love how you did Hotaru as more hyper and excited when she is usually more mellow and reserved.

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

hehehe, since being reborn, I always saw her as more cheery and happy person so I decided to make her more ‘alive’ (even though her childhood went by pretty quick @.@)

I think both Pluto and Saturn got ripped off in the last season, so I blame the fact Uranus and Neptune decided to steal all of the very little time outers are on screen LOL. So what else could they be doing? (Use Pluto/Saturn as house cleaning slaves) XD

• Kawaii Silence April 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm #

I also think Hotaru seemed more cheery for after her rebirth, and I personally like that in her character.

Yeah, I have to agree with U&N getting most of the screen time for the outers in super. They are more, what is it… radical when a senshi. :P I always thought that Pluto still had to watch the Time gate and Saturn only ever joins a fight when she absolutely have to, as destruction is a last resort. Also I think the animaters wanted to show how dysfunctional Haruka and Seiya were, as it wasn’t that bad in the manga. Seiya/Usagi also not as obvious either.

Anyway, great comic. I’m glad you did one on the outers again. ^.^ They ALL need some loving. Looking foward to next week.

19. Shenanigans April 30, 2010 at 8:23 am #

Awww! Poor Saturn… I feel for you! I mean who doesn’t? I always had room in my heart for little Hotaru-chan! Usagi-chan still my #1 favorite though!

(I might change my name to ‘the lttle artist’ ’cause i’ve been learnin to be an anime artist!)

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 11:59 am #

That’s cool! I’ll recognise your gravatar (unless you change that too) ^_^

20. xXPrettyNekoXx April 30, 2010 at 8:17 am #

“And let us kill u”
    Heh… funny….

21. Travis April 30, 2010 at 7:36 am #

Aww poor Hotaru! But so true, I had such high hopes that she’d be super cool in Stars… They need to do a season of JUST the Outer Senshi and just see how wicked cool that’d be!

At least Hotaru got an attack in stars… Silent Wall :D that’s something!

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 11:57 am #

Dunno if that considers an attack XD XD But hey it did look awesome!

• Zilimidori April 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm #

A season of just the Outer Senshi would be SO AWESOME! In fact, I’d be happy if they made more Sailor Moon in general. I recently finished Stars and I thought “Curses! I’ve run out of Sailor Moon to watch!” I really need to go read the manga now XD The trick is I need to find all the volumes of the manga since it’s freaking OUT OF PRINT [insert angry rant at publishers here] It would be cheaper to buy all of the manga in Japanese! But I’m not yet fluent in Japanese, so I’d have to wait a few years to read it :( Oh well. More motivation to learn kanji I guess XD

• Chibi Jennifer May 1, 2010 at 8:01 am #

Maybe you can try looking for some scanlations online *looks around nervously before she ducks behind the sofa*

• Sailor Pallas May 4, 2010 at 12:41 pm #

go on mangafox.com thats where i read them (u can also read code name sailor v in english on there=)

22. RainStar April 30, 2010 at 7:34 am #

lol poor Saturn it’s true she doesn’t get enough air time!

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 11:56 am #

Yea :( SHe had plenty as Hotaru in S, but even then, as her senshi form there wasn’t much at all.

23. Jessica April 30, 2010 at 7:25 am #

Ah, I just LOVE the Outers! And I love your comics as well. It was as usual great! Thank you!

24. Nyaasu April 30, 2010 at 7:11 am #

Poor Hotaru! Must be hard to be the most powerful senshi….

• Chibi Jennifer April 30, 2010 at 11:55 am #

haha yea… gotta tone down her powers 8D Always wondered the possibilities…

25. Mercurys BF April 30, 2010 at 6:50 am #

Hahaha love this! I thought this at one point, poor Hotaru, love her lots though!