#45 No Longer A Planet

MoonSticks #45 No Longer A Planet featuring Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou, Chibiusa/Small Lady and Luna P

Chibiusa: Puu.. I heard some rumours going around lately..tell me this isn’t true!
[[Chibiusa is holding Luna P looking concerned]]
Sailor Pluto: …

Sailor Pluto: So you heard about it..
Chibiusa: *gasp* No way!
Sailor Pluto: *sigh* Small Lady, I’m afraid the rumours are real. I am no longer who I used to be..

Chibiusa: How could you do this to me?! You’re in love with my dad and having an affair with him?? He belongs to me!!!
Sailor Pluto: Eh?!

Sailor Pluto: Woah, hold it!! I thought you were talking about Pluto no longer being a planet!
Chibiusa: Oh. But that news is so last decade.

195 Responses to “#45 No Longer A Planet”

1. Neoqueencosmos May 19, 2010 at 3:40 am #

i wonder what helios would fink after he finds out that chibiusa fancies her dad!!!

• Chibi Jennifer May 19, 2010 at 9:03 am #

I think Chibiusa herself is embarrassed by that XD Remember the scene where she’s in jumping in bed at a photo of Mamoru..then Pegasus appears and she completely flushes red? LOL

2. Hotaru/Lilac April 24, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

OMG i think this comic is sooo funny
    (i love this website soo much i had to share it with my friends;)
    ME AND MY FRENDS RECON PLUTO IS TOTALLY STILL A PLANT :)

• Chibi Jennifer April 25, 2010 at 3:25 pm #

Thanks for sharing with your friends ^^!

• FIREflames April 27, 2010 at 9:49 pm #

yeah but if pluto auchally did had a fair with chibiusa dad like omg but i think she did tho even she has blush in the last one .oo i think she likes chibiusa dad but hasent said anything yet

• Chibi Jennifer April 29, 2010 at 6:08 pm #

Chibiusa’s large bold statement is pretty embarrassing though, lol.. anyone would blush.

3. ybaG2108 April 24, 2010 at 10:16 am #

I AM!!!!!!!!!!

4. sassyun April 23, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

Even if Pluto is now a dwarf planet I STILL CONSIDER PLUTO A PLANET!! WHO”S WITH ME?????

5. Nadine April 18, 2010 at 5:29 am #

OMG I LOVE IT!!! Look at Setsuna blush… lol

6. SMfan101 April 15, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

wow, chibi-usa in the third panel is great!!!
    Great comic!!!

7. Rebecca April 15, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

Bahahaha! Your drawings are so imaginative, well drawn, adorable, and brilliant! I just discovered your site and I am in love with all of the comics you’ve put out so far! I can’t wait for more! :)

• Chibi Jennifer April 15, 2010 at 6:51 pm #

aww..thanks Rebecca! Thanks for such positive comments on MoonSticks, I’m glad you found us :D
      Thanks for leaving a comment!

• FIREflames April 17, 2010 at 5:41 pm #

i love thisss!! jenifer you put a lot of effet to this comic lol and i found out a few weeks that sailor moon has only 200 episodes i just cried but i still got moon sticks :)

• Chibi Jennifer April 17, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

hehehe thanks ^_^~

• FIREflames April 27, 2010 at 9:52 pm #

i love this even theres something coming then u found something u didnt expected!!! and good luck for the next one its gonna be hard thinking but we suported u right?

• Chibi Jennifer April 29, 2010 at 6:08 pm #

haha, will just do my best ^_^

8. Lu April 15, 2010 at 1:16 am #

You make Puu look sooo cute! X3

I always thought that Pluto’s hidden feelings for Endymion made for good backstory. I’m sad it wasn’t mentioned at all in the anime… I’m assuming your comics take more from the anime, since Puu doesn’t seem to know what ChibiUsa is talking about.

AND PLUTO IS A PLANET DAMMIT! Cuuuz shes a Sailor Senshi. And we all know SM is serious business! (but if Pluto isn’t a planet, maybe we’ll get a remake of the series with Setsuna being the Sailor Earth or sumthin!…. no)

Oooh and sorry for not posting a comment ina while! I’m still reading these comics though. :3

• Chibi Jennifer April 15, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Hey Lu! Yah, long time no seeeee XD

The comic is based off the anime, but hey, maybe Pluto is just pretending she doesn’t know what Chibiusa is on about 8D (plus she was thinking she meant something else so she didn’t see it coming)

9. Sailor Sun April 13, 2010 at 7:05 pm #

Are there such romours???!!!
    That’s really funny especially Pluto in 4
    Usagi would kill Pluto if she heard about the romours. I don’t think she will wait for Pluto’s explanation LOL 8D (miss this face ^^)

YAAAY.. You’ve colored the logo XD Usagi looks great with colours ^_^ <3

P.S. I'm glad you're back^^

• Chibi Jennifer April 14, 2010 at 9:02 pm #

hahaa, I’m surprised you haven’t heard about them ^_^ There’s no such rumours in the show, but more-so in the Sailor Moon fandom community

Thanks for the welcome back! Glad you like the coloured logo :D

10. EmCee April 12, 2010 at 6:11 am #

Adorable! Pluto is def one of my favorites and her reaction is priceless. xD

11. EmCee April 12, 2010 at 5:58 am #

Haha that’s too funny. I love all of your comics. 8D

12. Sailor Fall April 11, 2010 at 1:36 am #

Ha ha!!!! I love the expressions in panel 3. Pluto is staring at chibimoon as if to say “What the heck?!” and chibimoon has just said she’s having an affair with him….. XD

13. zeefa85 April 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm #

Ahahah, loves pluto’s face on 3 and 4.. ^__^

14. rani April 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm #

that is so funny it is the best

15. lolful April 10, 2010 at 10:37 am #

*still mad at scientists* D:<
    Yaaay Moonsticks! =D

16. Sage of Mudora April 10, 2010 at 9:18 am #

Hope you had a great break!

This was cute! I’ve always liked the idea that manga Pluto had secret feelings for Endymion, but that she would never show them and never consider taking him away from Serenity. Poor Pluto is so lonely, it’s only natural for her to dream about the impossible.

Chibiusa is so kawaii :)

• Chibi Jennifer April 11, 2010 at 10:17 pm #

Thanks =)

A little bit of back story for a character is always nice~ even though it wasn’t apparent in the anime at all XD

17. Leo April 10, 2010 at 6:14 am #

LOL! POOR PUU xD

18. icecreamchan April 10, 2010 at 5:55 am #

Aww poor pluto,but wasn’t there something in the manga about pluto being obsessed with endimyon?

19. Krystal April 10, 2010 at 1:57 am #

XD So silly

20. ghaahahahaha :cough cough: can’t ahahha breath, gaagagagaa :cough cough: :drops dead:

21. Thrive April 9, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

HaHa. That was funny…
    That news was sooo last decade! Lol..

But as I was reading it, I thought, Pluto likeing/in love with the king is sooo two decades ago! lol

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:19 am #

LOL! ahahahaa..

Since well, Sailor Moon is so last 2 decades! ahaha.

22. Joine April 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm #

OMGYES, A new MoonSticks!

I was wondering when this issue would come up! Usagi loves Mamoru, Chibiusa loves Mamoru, Setsuna loves Mamoru, it’s a love… Square, maybe an octogon! Not your average love triangle! ;)

And the no longer a planet thing, teeeheee! Pluto shall always be a planet in my heart! ♥

Thankyou for always putting a smile on my face! :D

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:18 am #

..beryl loves Mamoru.. 8D An loves Mamoru..

hehhe, thanks, I’m glad you liked this one ^.^

• Joine April 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm #

Mamoru needs to stop being a chick magnet!!

Maybe if he wore that “Earth shirt” I’ve heard so much about… ;D

23. KTVB April 9, 2010 at 8:36 pm #

ahah very cute comic!! Totally unpredictable XD If I hadn’t seen the title to the comic, I wouldn’t even realise she was referring to the “Pluto no longer a planet” thing haha

Very clever to put the “that’s so last decade” thing~ fits in well with the fact she’s from the future lol

Keep it up~~!

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:17 am #

Thankies ^-^! The title was named that way intentionally to get you into thinking that. XD

Wonder if the joke would be funnier if the title changed?

hmm.. 8D

24. Kibate April 9, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

well, technically…for pluto and chibiusa this should have been old news, i mean, they are from the future, chibiusa was born long after pluto was declared to not be a planet XD

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:15 am #

LOL! Indeed.. but if you think of it that way, it’s all a bit mucked up (Since when the senshi travel to the future, the inners are still wearing their old fukus and no power-ups)

25. Usa April 9, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

ROFLMAO. I love that Chibi-Usa says that her dad belongs to HER, not to her mother! Really says a lot about Chibi-Usa! LOL

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:13 am #

hahaha, yeh I thought of that when I was coming up with her dialogue. Initially it was just gonna be a “How could you do this to my mum?” XD Then I realised that’s wrong. lol

Chibiusa has greater concerns ;)

26. Shenanigans April 9, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

Woo! Your back!!!

Anyways…

Gotta love this one! Poor Pluto… always speaking before you think… and your not a planet anymore! Well in my world you are a planet. But that’s in my world! Chibi-usa… what are we going to do with you? Never jump to conclusions, either of you! Great one Chibi-chan! Don’t let down!

(woo! me happy! my birthday’s only a few days away!!!!)

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:11 am #

yaya for you, happy Birthday ^_^
      Glad you enjoyed this one!

27. CS April 9, 2010 at 3:02 pm #

ROFL the third panel is awesome!

28. Lady Aino April 9, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

Welcome back, Chibi Jenn!

Hoo boy, my darling can never catch a break when it comes to the dreaded subject matter. My Setsuna-sama will always be a planet!

As for Chibiusa’s 3rd panel comment, just….wow. o.o

29. LadyUranus April 9, 2010 at 2:22 pm #

Heh. She can be like Tuxedo Mask– Earth does not count! Though there are tons of moons, so one might argue Sailor Moon doesn’t have a real “planet” either.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

I always wondered why the Moon was so special XD To be the leader of all the planets in the solar system O_O

30. Odango Atama April 9, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

Welcome back! And this is really awesome! Me and some of my friends were thinking about making shirts that say “Don’t worry Pluto you’ll always be a Sailor Scout to us!” lol. And that’s really great what Chibi-Usa said to her. It made my evening!

I hope you had a very relaxing vacation!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

=D Thanks so much Odango Atama! I did have a relaxing break and now I’m feeling all refreshed =)

31. Sweet-Fantasy90 April 9, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

LMAO! That’s so hilarious! This totally made my day!

32. unconventionalsenshi April 9, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

Holy shit! Pluto is no longer a planet?? O.o

XD This is good
    Btw, Chibiusa, stop being incest-ridden, you little, pink brat!!!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm #

wow, you really didn’t know about it..? ^^;;

heheeee

• Sailor Sun April 13, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

I’m imagening you chowking her LOOOL XD

33. Jacky April 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm #

Welcome back!! what an awsome comic for your grand return =) love the idea lol

34. Sailor Gold Rabbit April 9, 2010 at 11:51 am #

Pfffttt hahaha! That’s hilarious! XD I love Chibiusa’s little freakout. Poor Puu.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

hahaa, Pluto looks more freaked out than Chibiusa ^__^
      XD

35. dearlayla April 9, 2010 at 11:47 am #

I really love your comics! They are so funny! You are great! Always puts my mood up :)

36. ChaosInuYasha April 9, 2010 at 10:34 am #

1) I’m not a fan of Darrien/Setsuna and I don’t get how that even got started……That’s just my only beef with the series and the fandom. Sorry if I offend you or anyone else.
    2) I lol’d at Chibi-Usa’s “HES MINE DAMMIT” comment. I almost forgot about her secret crush/love on him.
    3) Pluto will always be a planet to me. I mean if a MOON can be the LEADER of the scouts then Pluto’s demotion should mean nothing.
    4) Poor Setsy *hugs and cuddles her* :3

• SailorAngeI April 9, 2010 at 12:30 pm #

It kinda stems from Pluto seeming to have some unrequited love for King Endymion in the manga.

• ChaosInuYasha April 10, 2010 at 9:22 am #

Didn’t Beryl do the whole “I love him but he doesn’t love me” bit before though?

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:08 am #

Well Usagi herself had many admirers 8D
          I guess Endy is just as popular? XD

• ChaosInuYasha April 16, 2010 at 5:47 am #

Eh I wouldn’t be surprised but I just don’t like him with Setsuna *clings to her and hisses* lol

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:44 pm #

No offense taken ^_^ I don’t feel strongly for this pairing at all, and only threw the idea in since I’ve heard about it in the moonie community 8D

And yea, Chibiusa always saw herself more important to Mamoru than Usagi XD

• ChaosInuYasha April 10, 2010 at 9:24 am #

Oh ok. I always apologize for unintentionally bashing a pairing since I got harrassed by a Sesshoumaru/Kagome lover to the point of stalk-harrassing *shudders* *Setsy hugs me* :3

37. Azora April 9, 2010 at 10:12 am #

Welcome back! ^^
    GASP! MAMORU IS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH SETSUNA AND CHIBIUSA? DX NOOOOO!!!!!!
    Awesome comic! d(^^)b

Btw I changed my name again. xD

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

haha that’s cool, because I recognize your gravatar 8D

And thank you for the welcome ^.^

38. Sabrblade April 9, 2010 at 10:09 am #

Hah! Great! lol

Much different from what I was expecting. And different from what I’ve seen before.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

That’s good to hear :) I was going for that difference.

39. LinneaKou April 9, 2010 at 10:08 am #

OH YAY YOU’RE BACK!

Poor Pu. She’ll always be a planet to me. ALWAYS.

Oh Chibiusa XD

40. Demi-Plum April 9, 2010 at 10:07 am #

thats funny! and pluto is a planet, i don’t care what they say. when i was growing up pluto was a planet and thats that!

41. Zilimidori April 9, 2010 at 9:14 am #

Yay! Comic is back! I hope you had a good break. This week’s comic is excellent as always. Keep up the great work!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:32 pm #

Thanks, I did have a nice break =D

Thanks for checking back!

42. Kawaii Silence April 9, 2010 at 8:42 am #

YAY MOONSTICKS! OK, I’m done now. Great comic to get back into the swing of things. I was seriously thinking it was the demotion of Pluto but than Chibiusa brought up Setsu/Endy, and was like ‘well, that’s another thing too.’ Complete misconception on Chibiusa’s part.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

yeah XD I’ve been asked to make a comic on demoted Pluto quite a bit, but I felt the concept has been used a lot already, and since it was old news I thought I’d make a joke on that instead ^^;

43. Rina April 9, 2010 at 8:26 am #

YAY! I missed these a lot. That was adorable. LOVE Pluto :D

44. selena April 9, 2010 at 8:04 am #

Weeeelllcoooommeee baaaaaackkk!!! x3333

So good to hear from you again :D

Poor Pluto ^^ Must be hard to be a Sailor Soldier without a planet ^^’
    And yeah.. there is a scene in the manga where Pluto and Endymion are… yeah.. close :x Nothing actually to see.. but a feeling.. there could be more between them :p

Haahh.. i’m happy now XD

Good night everyone :)

45. xXPrettyNekoXx April 9, 2010 at 8:04 am #

Welcome back!
    Oh, chibi-usa… your so clueless like your mother. That’s old new too! Plus, you don’t even know what to do with a man!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

hehe thanks!

And yes, Chibiusa is still possessive as ever. She doesn’t care that he was cheating on Neo Queen Serenity.
      XD

46. Jumpy April 9, 2010 at 7:46 am #

Yay! Moonsticks is back!
    lol, I had to do a double-take at both the comic strip and the new logo ^^

47. Cat April 9, 2010 at 6:50 am #

This is totally brilliant! Me and some of my friends have often pointed out that Pluto isn’t technically a planet anymore. I’m really happy these are back :D

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:24 pm #

Thanks =)!

Pluto will always be a planet in my eyes 83

48. ShadowWolf0010 April 9, 2010 at 6:24 am #

LOL Epic!

K sadly I know I’m probably going to get chewed out about this but. Did the comment about Pluto having an affair was that in the manga or was it just a random idea?

• Pokota / Raekuul April 9, 2010 at 6:32 am #

It’s a stab at a particularly resilient Epileptic Tree (read: Insane Fan Theory that may or may not be believable) that claims that Setsuna is Chibi-Usa’s real mother because of hair/eye/nose color. It’s completely wash, since the design notes for Usagi place her and Serenity as originally being more platinum than blonde, such that Chibi-Usa’s Pink would follow more naturally once you throw Endymion/Mamoru into the genetic mix.

Like I said, the theory is wash. But it’s fun to speculate.

Also: Welcome back, Jen!

• purpleophelia April 9, 2010 at 7:31 am #

There is also the one picture in the manga that shows Endymion awfully close to Pluto. Then there’s when she’s sighing and commenting to herself about the lavender colour of his outfit….

• Kawaii Silence April 9, 2010 at 8:52 am #

That is very true. ^.^ There is a lot of evidence in the manga on Pluto’s part for having some feelings for Endymion. Also a couple scenes in the anime though not as strong for relationship wise but more of both acting motherly/fatherly to Chibiusa. (mainly the scene of Chibiusa looking for Hotaru)

I know Usagi and Mamoru are Chibiusa’s parents for sure, but it is not a bad couple and there is some evidence of some feelings so it isn’t a completely crack pairing. I like the Mamoru/Setsuna pairing when their are Usagi/Seiya fanfics, so Mamoru won’t be left out. <3 Usagi/Mamoru are still the best together I think, and great parents to Chibiusa.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

Oh yes I remember that scene 8D I think that’s the only one in the anime where both Pluto and Mamoru are looking after Chibiusa together.

• Pokota / Raekuul April 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm #

I did say that it may or may not be believable. =)

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

Who doesn’t love Endy? XD

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:12 pm #

lol..nose color? :p

and thanks for the welcome ^_^

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

hehe, definitely not random ^_^ (But the joke can still work without this knowledge, it’s just a little bonus for those who have heard about the ‘rumours’) XD I haven’t read the manga myself, but I have come across rumours over the years online with people saying they had an affair. Personally I think it’s nonsense but hey, I’ll just let them be 8D

49. Travis April 9, 2010 at 6:24 am #

YES! Love seeing more Pluto! And this is just too funny! Great to have you back Jen!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 2:51 pm #

Thanks a bunch Travis :)!

Haven’t seen Pluto for a while, I missed her too XD

50. Apple-Autumn April 9, 2010 at 6:05 am #

OMG This is amazing!

I’ve missed these so much these last couple of weeks. Welcome back from your break! :D

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 2:50 pm #

Thank you Apple-Autumn! ^_^

Glad this comic didn’t disappoint :D