#45 No Longer A Planet

MoonSticks #45 No Longer A Planet featuring Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou, Chibiusa/Small Lady and Luna P

Chibiusa: Puu.. I heard some rumours going around lately..tell me this isn’t true!
[[Chibiusa is holding Luna P looking concerned]]
Sailor Pluto: …

Sailor Pluto: So you heard about it..
Chibiusa: *gasp* No way!
Sailor Pluto: *sigh* Small Lady, I’m afraid the rumours are real. I am no longer who I used to be..

Chibiusa: How could you do this to me?! You’re in love with my dad and having an affair with him?? He belongs to me!!!
Sailor Pluto: Eh?!

Sailor Pluto: Woah, hold it!! I thought you were talking about Pluto no longer being a planet!
Chibiusa: Oh. But that news is so last decade.

194 Responses to “#45 No Longer A Planet”

1. Shenanigans April 9, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

Woo! Your back!!!

Anyways…

Gotta love this one! Poor Pluto… always speaking before you think… and your not a planet anymore! Well in my world you are a planet. But that’s in my world! Chibi-usa… what are we going to do with you? Never jump to conclusions, either of you! Great one Chibi-chan! Don’t let down!

(woo! me happy! my birthday’s only a few days away!!!!)

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:11 am #

yaya for you, happy Birthday ^_^
      Glad you enjoyed this one!

2. CS April 9, 2010 at 3:02 pm #

ROFL the third panel is awesome!

3. Lady Aino April 9, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

Welcome back, Chibi Jenn!

Hoo boy, my darling can never catch a break when it comes to the dreaded subject matter. My Setsuna-sama will always be a planet!

As for Chibiusa’s 3rd panel comment, just….wow. o.o

4. LadyUranus April 9, 2010 at 2:22 pm #

Heh. She can be like Tuxedo Mask– Earth does not count! Though there are tons of moons, so one might argue Sailor Moon doesn’t have a real “planet” either.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

I always wondered why the Moon was so special XD To be the leader of all the planets in the solar system O_O

5. Odango Atama April 9, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

Welcome back! And this is really awesome! Me and some of my friends were thinking about making shirts that say “Don’t worry Pluto you’ll always be a Sailor Scout to us!” lol. And that’s really great what Chibi-Usa said to her. It made my evening!

I hope you had a very relaxing vacation!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

=D Thanks so much Odango Atama! I did have a relaxing break and now I’m feeling all refreshed =)

6. Sweet-Fantasy90 April 9, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

LMAO! That’s so hilarious! This totally made my day!

7. unconventionalsenshi April 9, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

Holy shit! Pluto is no longer a planet?? O.o

XD This is good
    Btw, Chibiusa, stop being incest-ridden, you little, pink brat!!!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm #

wow, you really didn’t know about it..? ^^;;

heheeee

• Sailor Sun April 13, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

I’m imagening you chowking her LOOOL XD

8. Jacky April 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm #

Welcome back!! what an awsome comic for your grand return =) love the idea lol

9. Sailor Gold Rabbit April 9, 2010 at 11:51 am #

Pfffttt hahaha! That’s hilarious! XD I love Chibiusa’s little freakout. Poor Puu.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

hahaa, Pluto looks more freaked out than Chibiusa ^__^
      XD

10. dearlayla April 9, 2010 at 11:47 am #

I really love your comics! They are so funny! You are great! Always puts my mood up :)

11. ChaosInuYasha April 9, 2010 at 10:34 am #

1) I’m not a fan of Darrien/Setsuna and I don’t get how that even got started……That’s just my only beef with the series and the fandom. Sorry if I offend you or anyone else.
    2) I lol’d at Chibi-Usa’s “HES MINE DAMMIT” comment. I almost forgot about her secret crush/love on him.
    3) Pluto will always be a planet to me. I mean if a MOON can be the LEADER of the scouts then Pluto’s demotion should mean nothing.
    4) Poor Setsy *hugs and cuddles her* :3

• SailorAngeI April 9, 2010 at 12:30 pm #

It kinda stems from Pluto seeming to have some unrequited love for King Endymion in the manga.

• ChaosInuYasha April 10, 2010 at 9:22 am #

Didn’t Beryl do the whole “I love him but he doesn’t love me” bit before though?

• Chibi Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 10:08 am #

Well Usagi herself had many admirers 8D
          I guess Endy is just as popular? XD

• ChaosInuYasha April 16, 2010 at 5:47 am #

Eh I wouldn’t be surprised but I just don’t like him with Setsuna *clings to her and hisses* lol

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:44 pm #

No offense taken ^_^ I don’t feel strongly for this pairing at all, and only threw the idea in since I’ve heard about it in the moonie community 8D

And yea, Chibiusa always saw herself more important to Mamoru than Usagi XD

• ChaosInuYasha April 10, 2010 at 9:24 am #

Oh ok. I always apologize for unintentionally bashing a pairing since I got harrassed by a Sesshoumaru/Kagome lover to the point of stalk-harrassing *shudders* *Setsy hugs me* :3

12. Azora April 9, 2010 at 10:12 am #

Welcome back! ^^
    GASP! MAMORU IS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH SETSUNA AND CHIBIUSA? DX NOOOOO!!!!!!
    Awesome comic! d(^^)b

Btw I changed my name again. xD

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

haha that’s cool, because I recognize your gravatar 8D

And thank you for the welcome ^.^

13. Sabrblade April 9, 2010 at 10:09 am #

Hah! Great! lol

Much different from what I was expecting. And different from what I’ve seen before.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

That’s good to hear :) I was going for that difference.

14. LinneaKou April 9, 2010 at 10:08 am #

OH YAY YOU’RE BACK!

Poor Pu. She’ll always be a planet to me. ALWAYS.

Oh Chibiusa XD

15. Demi-Plum April 9, 2010 at 10:07 am #

thats funny! and pluto is a planet, i don’t care what they say. when i was growing up pluto was a planet and thats that!

16. Zilimidori April 9, 2010 at 9:14 am #

Yay! Comic is back! I hope you had a good break. This week’s comic is excellent as always. Keep up the great work!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:32 pm #

Thanks, I did have a nice break =D

Thanks for checking back!

17. Kawaii Silence April 9, 2010 at 8:42 am #

YAY MOONSTICKS! OK, I’m done now. Great comic to get back into the swing of things. I was seriously thinking it was the demotion of Pluto but than Chibiusa brought up Setsu/Endy, and was like ‘well, that’s another thing too.’ Complete misconception on Chibiusa’s part.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

yeah XD I’ve been asked to make a comic on demoted Pluto quite a bit, but I felt the concept has been used a lot already, and since it was old news I thought I’d make a joke on that instead ^^;

18. Rina April 9, 2010 at 8:26 am #

YAY! I missed these a lot. That was adorable. LOVE Pluto :D

19. selena April 9, 2010 at 8:04 am #

Weeeelllcoooommeee baaaaaackkk!!! x3333

So good to hear from you again :D

Poor Pluto ^^ Must be hard to be a Sailor Soldier without a planet ^^’
    And yeah.. there is a scene in the manga where Pluto and Endymion are… yeah.. close :x Nothing actually to see.. but a feeling.. there could be more between them :p

Haahh.. i’m happy now XD

Good night everyone :)

20. xXPrettyNekoXx April 9, 2010 at 8:04 am #

Welcome back!
    Oh, chibi-usa… your so clueless like your mother. That’s old new too! Plus, you don’t even know what to do with a man!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

hehe thanks!

And yes, Chibiusa is still possessive as ever. She doesn’t care that he was cheating on Neo Queen Serenity.
      XD

21. Jumpy April 9, 2010 at 7:46 am #

Yay! Moonsticks is back!
    lol, I had to do a double-take at both the comic strip and the new logo ^^

22. Cat April 9, 2010 at 6:50 am #

This is totally brilliant! Me and some of my friends have often pointed out that Pluto isn’t technically a planet anymore. I’m really happy these are back :D

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:24 pm #

Thanks =)!

Pluto will always be a planet in my eyes 83

23. ShadowWolf0010 April 9, 2010 at 6:24 am #

LOL Epic!

K sadly I know I’m probably going to get chewed out about this but. Did the comment about Pluto having an affair was that in the manga or was it just a random idea?

• Pokota / Raekuul April 9, 2010 at 6:32 am #

It’s a stab at a particularly resilient Epileptic Tree (read: Insane Fan Theory that may or may not be believable) that claims that Setsuna is Chibi-Usa’s real mother because of hair/eye/nose color. It’s completely wash, since the design notes for Usagi place her and Serenity as originally being more platinum than blonde, such that Chibi-Usa’s Pink would follow more naturally once you throw Endymion/Mamoru into the genetic mix.

Like I said, the theory is wash. But it’s fun to speculate.

Also: Welcome back, Jen!

• purpleophelia April 9, 2010 at 7:31 am #

There is also the one picture in the manga that shows Endymion awfully close to Pluto. Then there’s when she’s sighing and commenting to herself about the lavender colour of his outfit….

• Kawaii Silence April 9, 2010 at 8:52 am #

That is very true. ^.^ There is a lot of evidence in the manga on Pluto’s part for having some feelings for Endymion. Also a couple scenes in the anime though not as strong for relationship wise but more of both acting motherly/fatherly to Chibiusa. (mainly the scene of Chibiusa looking for Hotaru)

I know Usagi and Mamoru are Chibiusa’s parents for sure, but it is not a bad couple and there is some evidence of some feelings so it isn’t a completely crack pairing. I like the Mamoru/Setsuna pairing when their are Usagi/Seiya fanfics, so Mamoru won’t be left out. <3 Usagi/Mamoru are still the best together I think, and great parents to Chibiusa.

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

Oh yes I remember that scene 8D I think that’s the only one in the anime where both Pluto and Mamoru are looking after Chibiusa together.

• Pokota / Raekuul April 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm #

I did say that it may or may not be believable. =)

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

Who doesn’t love Endy? XD

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 3:12 pm #

lol..nose color? :p

and thanks for the welcome ^_^

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

hehe, definitely not random ^_^ (But the joke can still work without this knowledge, it’s just a little bonus for those who have heard about the ‘rumours’) XD I haven’t read the manga myself, but I have come across rumours over the years online with people saying they had an affair. Personally I think it’s nonsense but hey, I’ll just let them be 8D

24. Travis April 9, 2010 at 6:24 am #

YES! Love seeing more Pluto! And this is just too funny! Great to have you back Jen!

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 2:51 pm #

Thanks a bunch Travis :)!

Haven’t seen Pluto for a while, I missed her too XD

25. Apple-Autumn April 9, 2010 at 6:05 am #

OMG This is amazing!

I’ve missed these so much these last couple of weeks. Welcome back from your break! :D

• Chibi Jennifer April 9, 2010 at 2:50 pm #

Thank you Apple-Autumn! ^_^

Glad this comic didn’t disappoint :D