#43 Usagi’s Missing Father

MoonSticks #43 Usagi's Missing Father featuring Usagi Tsukino, Luna, Queen Serenity and Kenji Tsukino.

[[Usagi is in her bedroom with Luna]]
Usagi: Hey Luna..did I have a dad during the Silver Millennium?
Luna: Of course, why would you think otherwise?

Luna: Queen Serenity and your dad gave birth to you in your previous life.

[[Kenji Tsukino is happily walking passed her room]]
Usagi: I don’t remember what my dad looks like! We never see him and no one ever mentions him at all!

[[Kenji turns away and cries]]
Kenji (thinks): I know you never see me but saying that is just too cruel. *sob* *sniff*
Luna: To be honest I don’t remember him either.

{{The Silver Millennium refers to Usagi’s past life where she lived as Princess Serenity}}

180 Responses to “#43 Usagi’s Missing Father”

1. CS February 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

Lol, poor Kenji! I love him, too, and he always gets abused. XD But that’s probably why I love him so.

But yeah, Princess Serenity doesn’t have a “birth Father” in the comic. Guardian Cosmos says that Queen Serenity just plucked her out of the Cauldron and took her with her to the Moon, more or less. (If you’ve ever heard of Princess Serenity being referred to as a “carbon copy” of the Queen, it’s because she basically is.)

Queen Serenity, Star Seed Bandit at Large.

• Chibi Jennifer March 1, 2010 at 9:09 am #

oh. o__o

• Keah April 30, 2010 at 6:19 am #

Well, that’s not exactly what the manga says. That’s just one interpretation. It was left very ambiguous on a lot of points, including what Guardian Cosmos was referring to regarding Queen Serenity.
      Until Naoko makes statement about it, there is not real definite answer. Princess Serenity could very well have a father.

2. fishy-pie February 28, 2010 at 7:01 am #

…maybe her father was Helios! Hence the blueish-white hair in her original form. ^^;

Or she might be a clone.

• Rainbow February 28, 2010 at 10:27 am #

That would mean Chibi-Usa was dating her grandfather!

3. Grisznak February 27, 2010 at 11:03 pm #

Gosh, I almost spilled my tea. That was one of the best parts. Congrats!

4. Lucky Chance February 27, 2010 at 9:17 am #

Omona! I really feel bad for her father Kenji ;__;

Imagine Princess Serenity’s parents are Luna and Artemis

D:

But the worst would be Princess Serenity’s father is Endymion

D:

Good work Jen!

• fishy-pie February 28, 2010 at 7:03 am #

I’d love it if her parents turned out to be Luna and Artemis. ^^ It would be weird but cute.

• Chibi Jennifer March 1, 2010 at 9:07 am #

LOL! Another person thinking it’s possible her father is Endymion…. seriously where do these ideas come from?? 8D

You guys are funny, lol

• snark June 11, 2010 at 12:21 am #

The ideas for Endymion being Serenity’s father come from the original myth about Selene and Endymion. According to the anchient Greeks, Selene was the godess of the moon. One night she looked down on Earth and fell in love with a shepard named Endymion. But since she was the moon, she could only visit him when he was asleep. So she asked the higher up gods to grant Endymion eternal sleep so she could always visit him. They did, but she forgot to ask for eternal youth, so Endymion ended up getting turned into a grasshopper.

5. lolful February 27, 2010 at 8:55 am #

Poor Kenji… though, why was Usagi asking this stuff? It’s her fault! D: xD

6. Lady Aino February 27, 2010 at 8:45 am #

XD Poor Kenji-papa. Nobody likes you, especially Toei. Hell, Toei prefers the Outers! Which is like, totally shocking. o.o

7. Michiru's-Violin February 27, 2010 at 7:40 am #

I always figured that the father of princess Serenity was actually prince Endymion. It was an illegal thing? It would explain why she couldn’t see him though…

8. Odango Atama February 27, 2010 at 4:09 am #

I like this one! This one’s pretty funny!

Hmm. Maybe Rei & Serenity’s dads were just out of town alot? I know that in the graphic novels (SuperS) Ami says something about how her parents got a divorce when she was little and he sends her pictures and stuff.

• Chibi Jennifer March 1, 2010 at 9:04 am #

hehehe, he must have been out of town when Beryl attacked too ;) Lucky guy XD

• Odango Atama March 2, 2010 at 5:37 am #

lol. Yeah maybe. And maybe Kenji-papa is really the reincarnation of Princess Serenity’s father? lol.

9. MiMi February 27, 2010 at 3:05 am #

I HAVE PONDERED THIS…..for many moons…..seriously though….It’s been my numbah 1 question

10. Zilimidori February 27, 2010 at 12:40 am #

poor Usagi’s Dad….

Nice job on the comic as always ^_^
    Another reason to look forward to Fridays!

• Chibi Jennifer March 1, 2010 at 9:02 am #

Thanks for checking back :D! Glad you enjoyed this

11. セーラーエリス February 26, 2010 at 8:16 pm #

:hugs: poor Kenji
    funny :D

12. the_rami February 26, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

LOL LOL poor Kenji. Immaculate conception, anyone?

• Boomerang 503 March 1, 2010 at 7:52 am #

She’s not the Messiah, just a very naughty girl!

13. KonekoTsukino February 26, 2010 at 4:47 pm #

Haha, this is cute! Poor Kenji!

14. StariaChiba February 26, 2010 at 3:56 pm #

Awww Kenji needs a hug

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 4:32 pm #

xD He’ll probably run to Ikuko-Mama and have a bit of a cry there ^^;

15. Shenanigans February 26, 2010 at 3:56 pm #

Poor Kenji, the producers don’t like you OR Serenity’s real father. Such a shame. It reminds me of a comic I read called Four King Hell. There’s this one part where Usagi said “You can hypnotize my parents. There used to it.” That part craked me up. Kenji may be a minor character but can be overprotective when comes to Usagi and Mamo-chan.

(Still love your comics!)

16. icecreamchan February 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

I ALWAYS wondered about that…I guess the world will never know who her dad was in the silver millenium.

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

I had a bit of a dilemma thinking how Luna would reply to that question since I’m not sure she knows, and no one knows what the truth is ^^; Her explanation came out pretty vague. XD

17. mythc_writer February 26, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

That is so awesome. I always wondered where the heck Serenity’s Dad was. virgin birth…?

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 4:29 pm #

Thank you ^^!

The virgin birth..is a possibility…..

18. Jen February 26, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

Didn’t ya’ll know? Princess Serenity was an immaculate conception.

• Kimiski February 26, 2010 at 2:57 pm #

I still think Princess Serenity doesn’t actually have a father. Especially after reading the Stars arc of the manga when Guardian Cosmos mentions a similar light to Usagi’s (Queen Serenity) coming from the cauldron carrying a star inside her. Kind of like the virgin marry and even in Star Wars too, Anakin Skywalker had no father. He was just meant to be so he was born. That’s how I think of Princess Serenity.

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

lol, I’m slightly confused now.. DOes that mean Mamoru doesn’t have to exist either for Chibiusa to be born? XD

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

imm..acu.late conception..? *checks up definition* @_@

• A Fan February 27, 2010 at 1:14 am #

Well, she is a Messiah…

19. lamarce February 26, 2010 at 1:40 pm #

hahahaha, Poor papa Kenji… Especially since it’s true ^^; By boyfriend only saw the last 2 series and he didn’t believe that Usagi had a dad…

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 1:45 pm #

haha, really? That’s pretty funny because you’d think that too since he never appears afterwards.

20. punksweets February 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm #

well you don’t see endymion’s parents at all

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 1:44 pm #

But if you see ONE of them…. ;) it makes you wonder.

21. Richforce February 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm #

very nice, I can definatley see you doing a comic about how Naru went from being Usgai’s BFF to just another person for Sailor Moon to save.

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 1:43 pm #

haha, that was kinda shown in PGSM, when Naru was getting jealous Usagi was hanging around more with Ami-chan, and less with her (or was it the other way around?)

• AmaraMichelle February 26, 2010 at 5:54 pm #

That was it.

22. Icelilly February 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

You know, I always wondered that too XD

23. KTVB February 26, 2010 at 12:44 pm #

LOL, how cuuuute!! Its funny how you brought that up in your comic..Usagi’s father (hardly) and Princess Serenity’s father (never) shows up. I guess the male characters are more of a gem in Sailormoon lol

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

yaaaay thanks KTVB =D Glad you like it!

Not sure if I’d call them gems though (seeing as when they are here they don’t do much either. It’s all about GIRL POWER XD XD)

• NiRo~luff March 6, 2010 at 4:36 pm #

Well…apparently the director Ikuhara would joke about getting rid of Mamoru so that the only characters in the anime would be girls. It’s the reason why the men in SM didn’t get enough love.

24. ChibiRo February 26, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

HA! Poor Kenji! xD I wouldn’t remember what my own dad looks like if I hadn’t seen him in a billion years. :P

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 1:37 pm #

lol, especially when he doesn’t look anything like you ;)

• ChibiRo February 26, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

Or even he doesn’t appear in the first place! xD

25. Jumpyham February 26, 2010 at 11:56 am #

Ahaha! Those unobservant girls XD I love the last panel. “Sob sob, you’re just so cruel!! snif snif” LOL

• Chibi Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 1:36 pm #

Thanks! ^.^

I always imagined her dad to be a bit of a baby at times XD