#42 Star Seed Hunters

MoonSticks #42 Star Seed Hunters featuring Sailor Galaxia, Sailor Tin Nyanko and Eternal Sailor Moon

Sailor Tin Nyanko: AHAHAHA, let me see your true Star Seed!!
Victim of the week: Eek! Cat person!!

[[Sailor Galaxia smacks Sailor Tin Nyanko across the face]]
Sailor Galaxia: Idiot!!! Does this blob of jelly look like a Salor Senshi to you?
Sailor Tin Nyanko: Galaxia-sama!!

[[Sailor Galaxia notices Eternal Sailor Moon, holding up a sign]]
Sailor Moon’s sign: Sailor Senshi

[[Sailor Galaxia ignores her and walks away]]
Sailor Moon’s sign: Blob of jelly

118 Responses to “#42 Star Seed Hunters”

1. セーラーエリス February 19, 2010 at 6:04 pm #

lol!
    I love the victim’s mustache, does he wear a sailor collar???? :D
    oh and Galaxia is so cutely made :D
    poor usako, she is labeled as jelly.

2. jrkarsten February 19, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

Yep! Pretty much what happened! HAHA!

3. ChibiRo February 19, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

LOL REJECTED. XD Poor Usagi. :) LOL! “EEK! CAT PERSON!”

4. Kibate February 19, 2010 at 2:29 pm #

Haha, i was wondering about that too, but i’ve got some kind of solution(i will use this one in my comic too)
    yes, the sailor senshi got starseeds, but most likely a lot of normal people got starseeds too, however not based on the planets. Take the aliens from season2 for an example, they most likely got starseeds too though not being sailors/ruler-of-earth

BUT there could be another explanation too. Maybe they know that only sailors got starseeds, BUT taking a starseed from a sailor in a fight is too hard, so they had to surprise them while they were in civilian form. So why did they use guys too? Think about mamoru, maybe only girls are sailors, but guys could have starseeds too(i call them “knights”).

But in the end it was most likely just pointless filler XP

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

Hi Kibate :D
      hahaa, nice theory you came up with..though some of their targets are really really..weird and questionable xD A lot of them are really old as well, lol What also confuses me is the criteria they use to determine whose a good target… Is it essentially the same as those with “Pure Heart Crystals”? XD

AH, Sailor Moon and filler MOTD 8D Gotta love them. Good thing Naru is gone, otherwise she would sure be a target!

• Nastassja February 19, 2010 at 5:43 pm #

Didn’t they not know that only sailor senshi had star seeds?

• Chibi Jennifer February 21, 2010 at 10:27 am #

But Galaxia must have known- otherwise she wouldn’t have awoken Queen Nehellenia just to force Sailor Saturn to awaken (in order for her to mature to get her star seed).

It’s also the case with Mamoru- she knew he had a Star Seed and attacked him before she could leave Tokyo, since he is the guardian of earth. Just these two alone should be convincing enough that Galaxia knew exactly who had them.

5. Ss123 February 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

LOL! I think I might have a new favorite, but I feel stupid for not noticing the GIANT plot hole earlier.

“EEK! CAT PERSON!” LOLs

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 2:28 pm #

heehhee…really? XD XD

Well, that’s kinda a good thing XD XD I think the audience wasn’t supposed to know that true Star Seeds belong to Sailor Soldiers,.. but yeh, it just doesn’t make sense when the enemy already has this knowledge but doesn’t use it ^^;

6. Kawaii Silence February 19, 2010 at 12:25 pm #

lol! You hit the nail on the head in this one. I always wondered why none of them went to the senshi first. I love the anime and all and I prefer it over the manga, but really some of the obliviousness of some of the villains, and the senshi for that matter is crazy. In the manga they go after the senshi right away in Stars, and I believe refer them to the holders of the Sailor Crystal. (I don’t know, only read Stars manga a couple times… second time a good 3-5 months ago) Galaxia obviously knows or she wouldn’t of been able to awaken Hotaru-chan like she did. I don’t think I see her as a stupid villain; I think it is laziness or maybe a little sadistic. She wants to see everybody else sweat and get some work done for her, even if she very well knows she is stronger and can do it a lot of faster and more efficiently. I’m sorry if I don’t make any sense and my grammar may be horrible, low on sleep.

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm #

hehe that’s okay I think you make perfect sense XD

The Sailor Animamates have worked for Galaxia and invaded the other planets, I’m pretty sure they know only the Sailor Senshi have Star Seeds.. unless.. they really searched for the star seeds the same way they did on earth and succeeded?? XD XD XD

Plus, Galaxia took Mamoru’s star seed the moment he left to study abroad.. it was very quick and snappy XD It’s not like she was collecting energy or buying some time.. (Unless she feared Princess Kakyuu.. but that doesn’t mean they have to go around finding fake star seeds..)

• Kawaii Silence February 20, 2010 at 12:46 pm #

Galaxia is a confusing villain. In the manga she wanted to sorta drain out Usagi, take out all her friends and will her to come to the Galaxy Cauldron for her answers. For the anime maybe instead of going all out right away, just to drain Usagi emotionally by attacking the city for a couple months before and test to see how strong the senshi were, while getting said senshi on edge on wondering what was going to happen next. Maybe she was aiming for that instead of just going out and being like ‘ha! I’m a new villain and I’m going to kick you ass!’ ;o I would think going all out right away would be better, Usagi was happy plenty through Stars besides not having Mamoru and was much easily stressed a lot quicker when Galaxia finally made her own move and took her friends’ star seeds. Villains think weird, that’s another jab on what could of been on Galaxia’s mind.

7. Vixena-F February 19, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

Hahah this is cute X3

8. Xue-Yun February 19, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

Poor Usagi! She’s not a blob of jelly! Even if she does eat a lot of cake…

9. Elly February 19, 2010 at 11:56 am #

OMG Galaxia, how can you go wrong with her in a comic haha, this was simply brilliant. Well done Jen!

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 12:02 pm #

hehehe thanks Elly! I remember you saying you liked Galaxia XD XD!

10. Jumpyham February 19, 2010 at 10:42 am #

Aaaaww! Poor Usagi ^^; She’s not a blob o jelly

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

Yeah ^^; How can Galaxia compare Sailor Moon to that ugly dude in frame 1?

XD XD

11. Sabrblade February 19, 2010 at 10:26 am #

Always wondered why the Animamates were too dumb to try and take the Star Seeds of the any of the Sailor Senshi. ;) lol

12. Sailorcancer February 19, 2010 at 10:25 am #

13. Black-Umi February 19, 2010 at 10:13 am #

this is totally EPIC! XD LOVE IT

14. DREWdesu February 19, 2010 at 9:50 am #

This has to be my favourite comic yet. Love the 3rd and 4th Panel! The change in Usagi’s face expression is hilarious!

15. unconventionalsenshi February 19, 2010 at 9:46 am #

LOL!
    This is soooo good ^^ I totally agree with that, besides I’ve always thought why the heck they wouldn’t steal star seeds from the Senshi in the first place ^^; The scriptwriter seriously did overdo on that. All of them who were wearing bracelets, gave their starseeds to Galaxia, so it was pretty obvious that the Senshi that disobeyed Galaxia were holding the last starseeds This anime was sooo stupid when you look at it. But I still love it <3

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 11:55 am #

lol…yeah….. xD There’s some aspects that make the villains pretty lame in the series but I loved it anyway XD XD

And here we thought Galaxia was one of the less dumb villains.. xD

Thanks for the comment!

16. yumisan13 February 19, 2010 at 9:45 am #

omg that is soo cute i love the little comic

17. tenchichan February 19, 2010 at 9:08 am #

I love how this is totally accurate for ANY of the anime series, but I’m glad you went the Starlights route cause Tin Nyanko and Galaxia are just hilariously cute in this strip.

The last panel of Sailor Moon with the “Blob of Jelly” sign is fucking hilarious!

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 11:51 am #

ehheeee..thanks so much tenchichan ^_^

I think this applies most to the Sailor Stars villain since it just seems completely illogical they don’t just target the senshi. Galaxia knew the true Star Seeds belong to the senshi, which is why she plotted to awake Sailor Saturn and attacked Tuxedo Kamen (Senshi of earth)

Unless I’m missing somehting?

XD

18. sacred_inferno February 19, 2010 at 9:08 am #

Thats great! XD

19. semi_subtle February 19, 2010 at 9:07 am #

That one’s my favorite one yet! Your Galaxia is so cute! Would you mind if I colored her for an icon or something? I’d be sure to credit you for the art.

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 11:43 am #

awww thanks ^_^!! Normally I wouldn’t allow it, but since you asked so nicely I will give you permission to turn it into an icon XD

20. Brad February 19, 2010 at 8:56 am #

LOL! LOVE THIS ONE! So true!

Sailor Soldiers have Star Seeds…. we battle Sailor Soldiers every day…. should we check them?

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 11:40 am #

hahaha yeah.. Plus the blast is close to unblock-able, even if they didn’t have the star seeds, they could always use it as weapons. xD

21. Purenightshade February 19, 2010 at 8:21 am #

This was one aspect of Sailor StarS that always made me giggle. Let’s ignore the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS STARSEEDS and go for not-senshi. T_T

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 11:27 am #

lol, the targets they went for made me really amused.. I mean, an old policeman? Really? You think?

22. Pokota / Raekuul February 19, 2010 at 7:30 am #

…and of course the one star seed that can undo everything Galaxia has worked for is standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER and she ignores it…

• Chibi Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 11:26 am #

I never really understood what Galaxia was thinking to be honest @.@

23. Jenny February 19, 2010 at 7:16 am #

Lol, Sailor Moon is like :D then :(

24. SailorEm February 19, 2010 at 7:10 am #

Hahahaha so cute! I love the last frame so much! ^_^

25. melissa Ivory February 19, 2010 at 7:02 am #