#39 Usagi’s Amazing Transformation

MoonSticks #39 Usagi's Amazing Transformation featuring Usagi/Sailor Moon and Naru

Naru: WWAAHHHHHHHH
Usagi: Hang on Naru-chan, I’m coming! MOON CRYSTAL POWER! MAKE UP!!!!

[[Usagi commences her transformation sequence]]

[[Usagi's transformation continues..]]
WOOOOSSSSHHHH

[[Usagi's transformation continues.. Naru is seen dead in the background with her soul coming out of her.]]
Narrator: Still dancing

169 Responses to “#39 Usagi’s Amazing Transformation”

1. Jacky January 29, 2010 at 8:03 pm #

hahaha!, this one is really cute =) and very well drawn too. 2nd frame looks amazing and love their expressions in the 4th frame. well done!

2. Martina January 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm #

Hehehe! First time commenting, but been a reader for a while.

I love this strip, especially the 3rd panel. You captured that scene perfectly in your style.

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

yay, another lurker out of the dark :D Nice to meet you ^-^!

And thank you! Glad you like the style :D

3. AmaraMichelle January 29, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

way awesome, loved the third panel Kawaii!

4. haruka_fanatic January 29, 2010 at 4:09 pm #

lol She does have a long transformation. It was bound to happen.

5. dreams-of-absolution January 29, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

lol this makes me giggle with it’s cuteness > w <

6. Shenanigans January 29, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

“Naru-chan? You still alive?”

Oh my gosh where have I not seen people talk about how long the transformations took. But let’s think about this logically. Why couldn’t the youma just destroy the senshi while they are transforming? Never mind.

(Poor Naru-chan. Always the target.)

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

Maybe because the transformation sequences are so pretty that they want to stand there and watch the entire thing :3

XD

7. ChibiRo January 29, 2010 at 1:44 pm #

OH LOL, I LOVE THE TRANSFORMATIONS BUT LIKE, CMON DOES TIME STOP WHEN YOU GUYS TRANSFORM OR SOMETHING?! D:<

(Changed my user again. x3)

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

lol, maybe if it was instant XD

The funny thing is, despite her transformations taking some time, no one has ever attacked them during the sequence- they’re invincible!!

(*waves* ^^)

• ChibiRo January 30, 2010 at 8:45 am #

True true. XD

8. Yue January 29, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

Amazing! LOL! XD

9. Usa January 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

I remember thinking that the senshi wouldn’t last long against a conventional threat. Think about it. An MP-5 submachine gun fires 700 rounds per minute. Her transformation lasts 45 seconds. Hmmm….

Even in the time it takes just to say, “Moon Crystal Power, Make-up!” she’d be dead. xD

LOVE the second panel, it’s gorgeous.

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

Well you’re right about that one XD Remember when Tin Nyanko shot a fire at Eternal Sailor Moon? Seiya had no time to transform, she just ran to take the attack.

Thanks :) Happy you like it ^.^

10. Leo January 29, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

lol this is soooo funny because it’s true xD…

11. Kawaii Silence January 29, 2010 at 11:13 am #

That’s a good point. Though from what I know the transformations don’t take that long and just made flashy for the anime (which I think just gets old). I love the second panel, Usagi looks so beautiful and natural. <3!

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 11:24 am #

We know we love all the Senshi henshin sequences though, even if all for show.. <3

I don’t remember ever fast-forwarding the sequences when watching it. LOVE the music and special effects :3

12. Brad January 29, 2010 at 11:04 am #

Actually I think Naoko confirmed that all the transformations happen in a split second in real time but this is still hilarious. Love the last panel!

p.s. You HAVE to do one about Tuxedo Mask’s …. wierd transformation! Arm sticking out for his hat… no, oh wait, it’s just sticking out!

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 11:22 am #

haha I’ve always wondered whether it was instant or if it really did take that long. There were several cases where you see the characters thinking while looking on at her henshin sequence (eg Mamoru, Sailor Aluminum Seiren etc)- which is only possible if it did take that long.

(LOL. Tuxedo’s anime henshin is hilarious…but can’t beat the PGSM one, LOL!!)

• DSBM April 23, 2010 at 10:40 am #

This was hilarious! The fourth picture killed me. XD

But actually, that you mentioned about the characters thinking while watching them transform, could be possible with an instant transformation. Don’t they tranform in a flash of light? (like Michiru in front of Haruka)
        Then it would be possible for them to think “Is that… Sailor Moon?” while her silhouette changes its appearence in that flash of light, as Michiru’s does if you look closely. Or when the light fades away and their view becomes more clear. That’s what I think. :p

13. lotsofmoxy January 29, 2010 at 10:39 am #

It’s sad that this is very true…

14. DREWdesu January 29, 2010 at 10:07 am #

HAHAHAHA That was hilarious… the 3rd frame thing was ADORABLE DD

15. bleedingrosedg January 29, 2010 at 9:38 am #

XD poor Naru-chan. sometimes I think she’d be better off if she could transform and save herself

16. penelyn January 29, 2010 at 9:38 am #

I love the second panel, so cute.

17. Krystal January 29, 2010 at 8:31 am #

XDDD Silly.
    Her transformation doesn’t actually take that long. ^^;;; Lots of people seem to misunderstand.

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 10:30 am #

I timed it, Moon Crystal Power takes 45 seconds :D That’s less than a minute!
      But 1 out of a 20 minute episode may seem long. *cough*

LOL

18. mo-chan January 29, 2010 at 8:26 am #

XDDD
    I know after transforming i would be prone to dancing XD

19. Jumpyham January 29, 2010 at 8:15 am #

Aaaawww, Usagi is so clueless! XP

20. Jessica January 29, 2010 at 8:15 am #

=) I alway wondered about that too^^

Great doujin, like always!

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 10:35 am #

Thanks Jessica~

• SMfan101 January 30, 2010 at 11:40 am #

doujin?
        sorry, new at these terms

• Chibi Jennifer January 30, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

No worries :) Doujinshi are self-published Japanese works, usually fan mangas.

21. spike110 January 29, 2010 at 8:03 am #

haha love it :D i always thought about this, especially in season 1 when zoisite shoots the fire beam at mamoru and usagi and she still finds the time to transform an hour long haha

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 10:34 am #

lol, that scene continues to amaze me :D Actually, I wonder how completing a transformation was able to save them from being burnt? And how did they get back up? Super Sailor Jump?

• spike110 January 30, 2010 at 4:05 am #

haha yeah probably or they teleported, or the ginzuishou saved them xD
        i remember watching this episode when i was 6 thinking “this scene just doesnt make sense” xD

22. Sailor Music January 29, 2010 at 7:58 am #

Wow! The drawings of her transformation are amazing!

23. KTVB January 29, 2010 at 7:23 am #

hehe how cute!! I particularly like the last shot with the contrasting happy Usagi and Dead Naru XD

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 10:33 am #

Thanks :)!

Usagi is always smiling while transforming, hehehee.

24. Usagi629 January 29, 2010 at 7:21 am #

LULZ… ;-D Poor Naru-chan!

• Chibi Jennifer January 29, 2010 at 10:32 am #