#36 Time for Star Powers

MoonSticks #36 Time for Star Powers featuring Usagi, Ami, Rei, Minako, Makoto, Luna and Artemis

…And yes, Luna has no eyes 8D

Usagi: Wow, what is this? A super early Christmas present?
Artemis: I think you mean late…
Luna: We have one for each of you.

Luna: These are new transformation wands and communicators.
Minako: Wow! Star powers!
Makoto: We’ll be so much stronger with these power ups!

Minako: But..Ami’s leaving us for Germany…
Rei:..Doesn’t this mean…?!
Makoto: Yeah, she won’t be needing hers…

Rei: We could have used these to fight Queen Beryl, but you waited ’til now to give it to us!
Ami: And only when I’m gone?
Rei: We died in vain.

108 Responses to “#36 Time for Star Powers”

1. Sailor Phobos-Deimos January 23, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Poor Ami-chan T_T

2. Sailor Star Eclipse November 29, 2011 at 11:41 pm #

It’s funny, how would it be if they had all the crystal power ups when they were fighting beryl?! She would be toast…

3. bunyip September 9, 2011 at 7:26 am #

I totally forgot that Ami was going to leave for Germany! I need to watch R again, it’s been so long.

4. Phaeton August 5, 2011 at 1:15 pm #

“We are cats, what would you expect from a pet intelect” ^_^

5. Ayen March 26, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

Oh dear looks like Luna and Artemis are about to become BBQ.

6. sailor rainbows February 3, 2011 at 1:00 am #

i LUV this comics

7. Celestial December 3, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

“we died in vain” lol, it’s funny and true

8. kawai prerna November 6, 2010 at 4:07 am #

lol i luv moonsticks they r gr8 it is fun time moonsticks time. “super early christmas present?” “i think u mean late…” hahaha this is so gr8

9. Sailor Luna Purple Pearl July 22, 2010 at 9:37 am #

Is star power the one with the super power-ups?

• Chibi Jennifer July 27, 2010 at 11:53 am #

Star powers is the one the senshi have during R and S

10. codename sailor N June 17, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

hahaha!Luna and Artemis are so cute! but,luna not have eyes?!

11. Neoqueencosmos May 19, 2010 at 3:49 am #

go rei!!! luna looks funny.

12. Death Rebirth Senshi February 10, 2010 at 7:59 am #

lol, that is a good point! They could have at least upgraded them against the doom tree, that was sort of a random time to!

• Chibi Jennifer February 11, 2010 at 9:18 am #

hehehe, the doom tree wasn’t as hard to defeat though and since they could without their star powers it’s not really needed.. but they actually die against Beryl. XD

• FIREflames April 3, 2010 at 6:40 pm #

waaa luna has no eyes and wat do u mean we died in vain ?

• Chibi Jennifer April 6, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

Sailor Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Venus died during the battle against Queen Beryl.. so they kinda died for nothing- meaning they would have beaten Beryl if Luna had given them their star powers during that time.

• Timesage May 23, 2010 at 11:27 pm #

Of course if you’re watching the dub no one dies or gets hurt and their all just captured and then suddenly appear to help serenity while partly transparent during the final battle. Nope totally not dead <.<

The dub should die in a fire…..

13. chibi-junjun January 15, 2010 at 2:05 am #

I still don’t get it,why star power?in eternal form they have stars all over teir fuku-http://mangastyle.net/book4/4-56-57.jpg( it have been for the anime version,in the manga-http://mangastyle.net/book4/4-55.jpg originaly they don’t have wings and chibi-usa has the same
    fuku as the gardian senshi)noako takuichi should have picked another henshi frase,but they transform in to eternal with the same frase as for super transformetion

• Chibi Jennifer January 20, 2010 at 2:14 pm #

From what I can see, their transformation sticks are star shaped XD

14. April January 13, 2010 at 7:08 am #

I just discovered your comics and all I can say is THEY’RE AWESOME! I love Rei’s expression in the last panel.

• Chibi Jennifer January 13, 2010 at 3:25 pm #

Welcome to MoonSticks and thanks for dropping by :D!

15. Sailor Music January 11, 2010 at 7:13 am #

Lol! Do the senshi not care that crapping out 4 transformation pens with stars on the tops AND 5 communication watches is a very long and painful process????? XD

16. ChaosInuYasha January 10, 2010 at 8:10 am #

My memory is fuzzy but do the Outers get star powers too or not?

• Chibi Jennifer January 10, 2010 at 8:31 am #

ummmmm…. I’m actually not sure- I don’t think so? I think she skipped from ‘Uranus Planet Power” to…the Super form which is I assume “Crystal” power? In the stars arc she has a Super upgrade but I don’t think we see a henshin sequence.

Plus, the outer senshi’s normal “Planet Power” appeared stronger than the Inner senshi’s “star” power so maybe it wasn’t even necessary? XD

• TimeSage January 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

Allow me to explain. By the time the outer Senshi appeared in the manga, the Inner Senshi had upgraded from Star to Planet Power Make-up. An Upgrade that didn’t happen in the anime. They were at the same level in the manga. dunno why the anime didn’t give it to them…

17. セーラーエリス January 10, 2010 at 5:42 am #

that’s so cute
    congrats!

18. KonekoTsukino January 9, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

Hahahahaha!
    That’s soooo true! Why DO they wait so long? Especially when Ami is going to leave…what’s with that?

• Chibi Jennifer January 9, 2010 at 6:43 pm #

lol, they thought it was an awesome farewell present ^_^

19. Hoshi January 9, 2010 at 12:32 pm #

“Wow! Another powerup! You don’t get these once per season, no sir, powerups like this are rare indeed!”

• Chibi Jennifer January 9, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

Cause no one gets awesome power-ups for free, without hard work and training :D!

;)

20. Kibou no Hikari January 9, 2010 at 9:16 am #

First they were looking for the Moon Princess who was with them all along.

And now, they get new power-ups when one of them is missing and they’ve already defeated Queen Beryl… Shame… Explain yourselves, Luna and Artemis! ^-^

Awesome work, Chibi Jen! Ganbatte ne!

• Chibi Jennifer January 9, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

heehee thank you! I will!

• Ligaya January 10, 2010 at 4:02 pm #

OMG. THIS. XDDDDDDDDDDDD
      Y’know, I do remember royal pets like shih tzus were supposed to be ornamental animals. I can’t blame the kitties for trying to be smarter than just ornamental animals, but seriously come on, I’d have barbecued them like Rei most likely would based on the 4th panel!

21. raekuul January 8, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

They spent months looking for somebody that they’d ALREADY FOUND!

Next, they hold back new upgrades until ONE OF THEM IS LEAVING!

Honestly, can’t those cats do anything right?

22. Miss Breeziness January 8, 2010 at 8:36 pm #

Oh boy, I love it when they go “screw the rules, I have a heart-wrenching story about leaving your friends to tell.” :D
    But seriously, I liked that episode. Never thought about the actual logic…until now, but sometimes I reckon you just have to suspend logic and enjoy the story. :)

23. haruka_fanatic January 8, 2010 at 3:18 pm #

lol

24. Travis January 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

Haha yes! I love how Mina looks in the 3rd panel, like she is about to cry. And go Rei!

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

Thanks Digilee ^.^ (And for the suggestion!)

• Travis January 8, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

^_^ It always did kind of bug me that Luna and Artemis seemed to have this ability to give them starpower, but waited for like the most random time to give it them. Why not just give them Star Power to begin with? I mean I think Sailor Mercury would have lasted longer in the fighter against the DD Girls had she had an ACTUAL attack!

• Dr. Rorschach March 6, 2010 at 5:43 am #

Because Luna & Artemis suck.

25. AmaraMichelle January 8, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

Haha lol good one Jen, and welcome back! I remember Ami leaving. :( It was so sad.

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm #

Thank you AmaraMichelle ^_^!

Yeah, the episode was a sad one :(