#36 Time for Star Powers

MoonSticks #36 Time for Star Powers featuring Usagi, Ami, Rei, Minako, Makoto, Luna and Artemis

…And yes, Luna has no eyes 8D

Usagi: Wow, what is this? A super early Christmas present?
Artemis: I think you mean late…
Luna: We have one for each of you.

Luna: These are new transformation wands and communicators.
Minako: Wow! Star powers!
Makoto: We’ll be so much stronger with these power ups!

Minako: But..Ami’s leaving us for Germany…
Rei:..Doesn’t this mean…?!
Makoto: Yeah, she won’t be needing hers…

Rei: We could have used these to fight Queen Beryl, but you waited ’til now to give it to us!
Ami: And only when I’m gone?
Rei: We died in vain.

108 Responses to “#36 Time for Star Powers”

1. AmaraMichelle January 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

Haha lol, nice one Jen! And welcome back I might add, Merry C

2. Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

3. RoRo-chan January 8, 2010 at 11:52 am #

So true! :) (from rhphan, just changed my user)

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:59 am #

^^ (No worries! I recognise your gravatar :D :D!)

4. Kawaii Silence January 8, 2010 at 11:10 am #

That’s an interesting point. ^.^ but I don’t blame Luna and Artemis not giving them before they fought Beryl, I mean they may not of been able to handle/control their powers. Sailor Moon is the one anime that I can think of when new powers come easily right away after they recieve them and there is no ‘this new power is hard to control stage’. I don’t watch that much anime, but the one’s I watch usually have a small period when new powers aren’t quite controlled yet. So yeah, they may not of been able to handle them when they faught Beryl. I don’t blame Rei though for getting upset.. she did die after all.

Great comic as usual. :D

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:24 am #

How were they were able to control their first powers? xD
      But yeah, that’s probably the only explainable excuse, though not very convincing since they never mention it. They just randomly decided to give them new items. xD That’s how I saw it anyway.

usually have a small period when new powers aren’t quite controlled yet.
      Oh, this did happen with Sailor Moon and the Holy Grail though, as well as when Sailor Moon first turns from Super to Eternal form :) The other senshi have no problems; not even when Pegasus gave them an enormous amount of power XD

• Kawaii Silence January 9, 2010 at 11:12 am #

Yeah, I forgot about that. I don’t know why since Super is my favorite season. She never really had any problem controlling it though, but I will count being absolutely exhausted after it as a major defect.

First powers would be easy to control, just have to get used to the fact that you have them. I love anime, books and whatever were at the beginning the hero is like ‘What? I have these powers? And I’m supposed to SAVE THE WORLD!? Who do you think I am, Superman?’ :D Pretty much that’s the drill for magic/powers/fantasy.

5. Brad January 8, 2010 at 10:27 am #

HAHA! Good point! Never thought of that!

Love goofy Usagi’s “early present” line! FUNNY!

6. SerenityMoonGodness January 8, 2010 at 10:15 am #

Funny Rei right!! Great job!

7. dieyoutubeusers January 8, 2010 at 10:15 am #

lol so true

8. Morinden January 8, 2010 at 10:10 am #

:3 :3 But Queen Beryl was just a test, you see! We wouldn’t entrust you with star powers until you had proven your worth!

Happy New Year, Moon Sticks!

9. Sailorcancer January 8, 2010 at 10:08 am #

LOL I know they could have really used star power in the first season.

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm #

Would probably make a HUGE difference! Considering they use their star powers all the way till SuperS season.

10. Grisznak January 8, 2010 at 10:07 am #

Very good job.

11. Chase's Eye January 8, 2010 at 10:07 am #

Poor poor Ami. x_x

12. Sailor Sun January 8, 2010 at 10:06 am #

Ooooh, poor Amy.. this is really unfair^^ LOL
    I LOVE how you drew the girls in the fourth pannel LOL so funny 8D

Amm, this is weird! Why did you make Luna “eyeless”? O_O;

And then, did Amy leaves to Germany? I can hardly remember this season!!

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 1:09 pm #

Why did you make Luna “eyeless”? O_O;
      um..it’s an odd habit XD

And then, did Amy leaves to Germany? I can hardly remember this season!!
      Yup, In episode 62, Ami was offered to study in Germany and she was contemplating on going- but in the end when she saw her new henshin tool, she remembered she can’t just leave the rest of the Sailor Team, and stays :)

13. gully_moe January 8, 2010 at 10:05 am #

LOL. Why did they suddenly have new sticks? Did the cats make them after the first season? XD

14. bleedingrosedg January 8, 2010 at 10:04 am #

I feel dumb for not knowing that Ami goes away at some point. o.o

Cute comic though :3 <3

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

Thanks :D Not sure why a few of you don’t remember it… No one cares about Ami-chan? XD

She was planning to go away in that episode to study, but in the end decided to stay with the others :)

15. Jacky January 8, 2010 at 10:00 am #

hahaha its for the TV ratings! gota have something new every season =P

16. DREWdesu January 8, 2010 at 9:41 am #

Hahaha that is so true… if Luna and Artemis upgraded them in episode 45 (except for Usagi since her mum gave Usagi her power) they would have killed the D.Ds without Dying!

this also reminds me of Lucky Star’s form of comedy

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

haha really? I wouldn’t know since I haven’t watched Lucky Star :) Glad you enjoyed it!

17. Shenanigans January 8, 2010 at 9:10 am #

Yay! You decided to come back! Me happy!

Anyways…

To me I think that Raye is both right and wrong to me.

Right because Luna SHOULD’VE gave them the new henshin wands (pens, sticks, whatever) because it would’ve been easier to destroy Queen Beryl. And who knows? Maybe all of the Shenshi and Tuxedo Kamen could’ve survived it.

Wrong because to me if they had gotten their new powers, they wouldn’t be able to experince the hardships and trials of battling. And the Shenshi probably wouldn’t have been able to control their new powers.

(But look on the weird side! Luna has no eyes!)

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:55 am #

lol, thanks! It’s good to be back :D

The Sailor Senshi….don’t really need to “train’ though. I mean, Chibiusa does some so-called “training” but there isn’t much to it since they always just use the same attack XD Plus, what if they really did die and never came back to life? XD Luna didn’t seem so positive back in the Beryl days!

• TimeSage January 12, 2010 at 6:31 pm #

The Sailor V game was their way of training in the manga. Dunno how that helped though…

18. Sailorasteroid January 8, 2010 at 9:08 am #

Rei: “And there’s no way you know that we could get another upgrade, right? No mystic pegasus we can get power from? You’re sure?”

19. KTVB January 8, 2010 at 8:44 am #

Neat comic! you made a good point about Luna and Artemis’ sudden/late power-ups XD

P.s I like how Luna doesn’t have any eyes in the first screen XD

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:51 am #

Thankies!

I actually didn’t know how to draw Luna with normal eyes without using a circle or dot (and still look like Luna and cute). LOL. Artemis gets to cheat though XD

20. Elly January 8, 2010 at 8:39 am #

Great job on the new comic Jen! I always wondered why they ddin’t give them super epic Star powers during the Black Moon Clan saga, haha.

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:50 am #

ummm..they did. XD This happens during the Black Moon Clan saga :}

21. Kym January 8, 2010 at 8:37 am #

Yay! New Comic!

Haha, I think Artemis and Luna need to work on their timing though.. xD
    But hey, if the Senshi aren´t using them, I would be happy to take them of your hands.. eh.. paws *tralala*

Anyways, I loved it :)

Ps. Happy (belated) New Year!

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:29 am #

yay for anticipating :D!

Happy New Year to you too :3

22. eternalruth January 8, 2010 at 7:29 am #

LOLZ too funny!

23. Katherine January 8, 2010 at 7:23 am #

oooo, OUCH

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:28 am #

Senshi: ‘Kitty’s! Explain yourselves!”

Kittys: O_____O

24. SMfan101 January 8, 2010 at 7:20 am #

YAY!!! Artemis!!!
    haha, super funny comic as usual, love it! ray and amy in the last panel are so funny!
    Yay!! Luna too!!

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:27 am #

yay for Artemis- he gets eyes :D

Thanks for your lovely comments ^_^!

25. Lucky January 8, 2010 at 7:15 am #

I know what I should order for the next Christmas!
    Artemis and Luna, I want one of these Fisher Price watches too! XD

I have a question, where were these watches made? :D
    I hope Artemis and Luna give to the girls magical Rolex watches at least because the girls are SUPER sailors!

When I remind me the part where the girls died, indeed the girls deserve expensive presents! XD

PS: Luna has no eyes! 8D

Good job Jen!

• Chibi Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 11:12 am #

Thanks Lucky :D!

haha communicator watches sound kinda futuristic-yet not really with mobile phones around XD But yeh, it’s free and there’s always reception! (Random note- we don’t normally see the girls even wearing them ^^;)

• Ss123 January 8, 2010 at 3:12 pm #

“I have a question, where were these watches made? :D”

I often wondered that too. :P In the manga Ami won her first communicator watch out of a arcade game and Usagi began beating the game (like physically hitting it) until it gave her one too and then Luna altered them and turned them into communicators. (I want a cat who can do that!!)
      But I like the SMA series way better where Luna just poops everything out! XD