#27 Are you the Moon Princess?

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #27 Are you the Moon Princess? featuring Sailor Venus/Minako Aino, Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino, Sailor Mars/Rei Hino and Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno

Narrator: Sailor Venus makes her grand appearance.
Sailor Moon (thinking): Wow…Sailor Venus is so cool…
Sailor Moon: Could you be..the Moon Princess we’ve been looking for?

Narrator: 10 seconds later, after a dramatic pause..
Sailor Venus: Nope! I may have the moon behind me, but I’m just a Sailor Solider, like the rest of you!

[[Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars listen on]]
Sailor Venus: Besides, if I was the Moon Princess, I wouldn’t be called Sailor Venus – I’d be called Sailor..M-

Sailor Venus: Mmm….Actually I’m not quite sure! AHAHAHAHA
Sailor Moon: ?
Sailor Jupiter (thinking): Woah..her image kinda changed.
Sailor Mars: *sweat drop*
Narrator: And so the search for the Moon Princess continues…

166 Responses to “#27 Are you the Moon Princess?”

1. mintbunny October 2, 2009 at 1:23 pm #

That last panel is sooo Mina-ish. And it so bothered me they couldn’t put two and two together. Just like figuring out who Chibiusa’s mom was. >_>

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:41 pm #

Gotta love Sailor Moon 8D Makes the audience feel superior and intelligent for working things out before the characters do. lol

• Kawaii Silence October 2, 2009 at 2:10 pm #

I think part of the reason they didn’t except Usagi=Chibiusa’s mother is because people don’t automatically think ‘time travel- future child’ as a plausible reason. If you told anybody a family member is really a future child they probably won’t believe the person. Just not something people will think about right away.. even with so many similarities.

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 2:40 pm #

Yeah.. except the audience knows anything is possible in anime, lol.

2. kressa October 2, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

^^;

3. CyCyN October 2, 2009 at 11:33 am #

I KNOOOOWWWW!!!! I was thinking the same when I saw it the first time.

I love the faces in the 3rd one…. o.o…. HAHAhahaha!

Adorable

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

Thanks Cycyn!! :D

Mercury looks pretty curious while the other 2 seem a bit.. surprised.. xD

4. cosmic_sonata October 2, 2009 at 11:27 am #

I love this!

I was FIVE when I first saw this, and, even then, I would ask my mom, “Wouldn’t the MOON Princess be the one who has the MOON powers? As in… Sailor MOON?”

I also love how Minako looked all composed and cool when she first appeared — she would have fit in with the Outers at that point. But that only lasted… three episodes, max. :P

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:40 pm #

ahahah, had to laugh about the 3 episodes max comment.

I remember actually thinking “@_@???!” when Minako/Venus started acting so silly and ditzy XD XD
      I was thinking “what happened to her??” lol.

• cosmic_sonata October 2, 2009 at 7:33 pm #

The “mature, cool Minako” thing doesn’t last very long, does it? I think the last episode where she’s like that is the one where Katherine is attacked — after that… XD It surpised me, too!

But that’s OK, though. I love Minako’s goofiness! <3

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 9:29 pm #

I started thinking she was goofy in the episode where she dances weirdly along with Rei.

(Too bad her character in the live-action doesn’t capture either coolness, or goofy :{)

• TimeSage December 12, 2009 at 5:06 pm #

In the manga she’s pretty serious at impotent times. At least in Senshi form. She can be goofy in the manga too but she was a bit goofy from the start if you read Codename Sailor V

• Sailor Titan October 2, 2009 at 4:56 pm #

I like goofy Mina way better, personally. ^^<3 I find the COOL AND EDGYâ„¢ Outers less charming for the most part. (not that I hate them, but.)

• cosmic_sonata October 2, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

I guess that’s why people consider Sailor V and Sailor Venus entirely different characters, since there’s some pretty contrasting differences.

Actually, I kinda *LOVE* Mina for her ability to pull off both — as Sailor V, she pioneered the “cool, mysterious new senshi” act all the Outers would later do. But, as Sailor Venus, she’s as high-energy and cute as any of the other inners (actually, she’s THE cutest, possibly rivaled only by Usagi! ♥)

• Sailor Titan October 2, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

Haha, it’s so true, especially if you read Sailor V where, IMO, she’s even crazier and more off the wall than the rest of the inners (and actually, her SuperS character act demonstrates that pretty well too.)

OF course there was that one time with the Sailor V manga where she used the ‘sulfur” attack…that wasn’t quite as cool and edgy as usual ^^;

5. fabulouslylazy October 2, 2009 at 11:26 am #

Haha I love this

6. Doodlebug October 2, 2009 at 11:13 am #

That’s SO CUTE and funny! Keep up the cuteness! :D

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:16 pm #

Thanks Doodlebug! Thanks for checking it out ^-^

7. kyoko215 October 2, 2009 at 11:01 am #

XDDD THIS IS SO TRUE.

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

8D I’d be surprised if someone was genuinely surprised to find out Sailor Moon = Moon Princess. XD

8. jonjonxd October 2, 2009 at 10:31 am #

I love these..I really do XD

9. animus_reviva October 2, 2009 at 9:50 am #

X3 That is so true! (How could they not know Sailor Moon = Moon Princess *mind boggled*)

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

It’s probably so much more obvious to us cause we know what the Moon Princess looks like! ahah…

Even though Mamoru can’t tell it’s Usagi in his dream ^^;

10. Black Moon October 2, 2009 at 9:31 am #

I love these cute little comics. X3 They make me want to go back and rewatch certain episodes, since it’s been so long that I only vaguely get a lot of the jokes.

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:15 pm #

Thank you ^__^!

Oh you should :3 I rewatch random Sailor Moon episodes and still find them really enjoyable (as much as when I saw it as a kid)

11. jrkarsten October 2, 2009 at 9:28 am #

Just like Sailor Moon Abridged:

“Are you the Moon Princess? Sailor Venus?”

HAHA!

• Jumpyham October 2, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

“I don’t know-SAILOR MOON! Haha!” XD

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm #

Oh, haha. I don’t follow the Sailor Moon Abridged series (only watched a few random episodes here and there)

Any similarities are purely of coincidence :)

12. Sailor Titan October 2, 2009 at 9:27 am #

XD Is is my favorite sailor moon fan running gag.

13. Kawaii Silence October 2, 2009 at 9:27 am #

I liked it. I wondered why in the anime they didn’t have Sailor V as the moon princess decoy, even if its kinds obvious either way that it would be Sailor Moon. I like how Moon has a question mark by her head like ‘what- Sailor M? Sailor Moon? Huh, wait what?’ Or Usagi can be really dense so I don’t know if she made that connection. Minako’s aura completely went to mature Sailor Venus to ditzy Minako. ;p

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:13 pm #

lol, I don’t think Usagi wold get it XD

I mean, who really suddenly thinks “Hey, maybe I’m a princess” lol

14. KuroBunny October 2, 2009 at 9:25 am #

I actually loved how they worked that into the anime. XD Since she was undercover as the Moon Princess in Sailor V for a while. I also love how Minako has contrast in her personality(ies?). So serious at times, yet such a goof. XD

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 1:12 pm #

hehehe yesh, it’s a pretty much watch ^^

But as the series progresses, we tend to really only see her goofy side, and very little of her seriousness XD

15. Jumpyham October 2, 2009 at 9:21 am #

I agree! I was waiting for a comic touching that part of the show.
    In both versions, when I watched it, I was thinking, “Excuse me, but that’s Sailor Venus, not sailor MOON. Ya know, Moon Princess=Sailor Moon. Put yo heads together!!”. XD

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 12:28 pm #

hahah yeah! It’s harder for them to realise Tuxedo Kamen = Prince Endymion though! lol

Oh..but then in the English dub.. Princess Serenity = Serena. Prince Darien = Darien.
      LOL.

• TimeSage December 12, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

The Dic part didn’t even bother calling her Serenity >.<

16. iwontsayplease October 2, 2009 at 9:19 am #

SERIOUSLY why would she be called “Sailor Venus” if she was the freaking moon princess?!

• TimeSage October 2, 2009 at 11:10 am #

She posed as the Princess in both the Manga and the Live action versions. She had a crescent moon on her forehead (And a crown in the live action) to emphasize “Here be Moon Princess”. It harken’s back to her Days as Sailor V where she had moon based powers.

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 11:29 am #

Explains the “Crescent Beam” attack! ^^ and blonde hair..? xD

Though afterwards her attacks turned all love-based.

• TimeSage November 8, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

Indeed it does. In the manga she only uses that attack as Sailor V. Once she’s shown as Venus she’s never shown to use that move again. (Mainly because most manga attacks are only used once anyways….)

17. Heather ~ Luna-chan October 2, 2009 at 9:17 am #

That’s something that’s always bothered me, how NO ONE realized that Usagi/Sailor Moon was the Princess… >_

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 12:26 pm #

hm..well, she wasn’t Princess material….. xD

• Heather ~ Luna-chan October 3, 2009 at 8:20 am #

That’s for sure! ;P

18. halrenna October 2, 2009 at 9:13 am #

This series is soooo cute. ^^

19. Purenightshade October 2, 2009 at 8:26 am #

That one always struck me as weird. Moon Princess =/= Sailor Venus.

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 12:23 pm #

More so in the live action O_o cause she was actually pretending to be!

• Jixie October 5, 2009 at 1:07 am #

She had to be the decoy! That actually happens in the manga too. *hardcore manga and live action fan* XD The anime gets a little bit too long… XD

20. Vivien October 2, 2009 at 8:14 am #

Nice! Sailor Venus was so mysterious, composed, mature… Then she opened her mouth for more than five seconds and Minako came out! I love her silliness.
    Also, I never understood how their disguises could be THAT good. :) Not even recognizing that their names were their governing planets… :) I love Sailor Moon XD

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 12:08 pm #

hahah yeah, that’s what makes Venus wacky and fun ^^ What a contrast!

I can kind-of see why Sailor Moon thought she was the Moon Princess, since she always saw Sailor V as her idol. Why does no one question why she’s called Sailor Moon..and not a planet?

Actually..how come Luna thinks there’s a “Sailor Moon” now, when there wasn’t a “Sailor Moon” in the Silver Millennium?

• A Fan October 3, 2009 at 2:02 am #

Hey, your memory probably wouldn’t be any better after being stuck in a Thermos for a few thousand years. ;)

• Chibi Jennifer October 3, 2009 at 8:33 am #

lol, ok I accept that as a reasonable explanation ;)

21. Usagi October 2, 2009 at 8:12 am #

haha i loved this one :) and even when i was little i always knew sailor moon was the princess its wayyyy to easy ;p can’t wait to the next one!!!

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

Thank you Usagi! :D
      I wonder if anyone got tricked….8D

22. Lu October 2, 2009 at 8:02 am #

Lol I saw SM 1 like two months ago. I thought it was kinda odd they would find Sailor Venus to be the princess….I must say, Minako really had a cool superhero personality, lol….then she joined up with Sailor Moon and co…. Yeah. XD

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 12:04 pm #

Yes I agree about the super-hero personality!! I remember watching when she first appeared and she was wowww…. jumps in gracefully with a mask and saves the day!

But the name just gives it away! XD Ruins everything.

Oh, and then she turned ditzy like Usagi, lol.

23. ShadowWolf0010 October 2, 2009 at 7:58 am #

Nice, I remeber watching the first season so long ago (not that long probably about 5 years ago) but I remeber that all the episode leading up to all the Sailor senshi plus the Moon Princes. To me it seems like that when they would fine Sailor Venus they would actually find the real Moon Princes.

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

Yeah.. the story was really building up! When Sailor Jupiter came..didn’t they say they gathered all 4 soldiers already? When Venus comes along it’s a dead giveaway.. not that us fans ever doubted Usagi = Moon Princess.lol

24. Jen October 2, 2009 at 7:34 am #

She knew the whole time, though. xD

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 11:56 am #

Did she? xD

• Aurora Moon October 2, 2009 at 3:33 pm #

*lurker here*

actually in the manga she always knew. after all, she was fighting as Sailor V before the others ever became Sailor senshi. She then therefore was able to regain her past memories before the rest of them did.

however in the anime it was kind of vague on whenever she really knew or not.

• Chibi Jennifer October 2, 2009 at 4:16 pm #

Hello ^^ *waves*

I don’t think she knew in the anime since there wouldn’t be any real reason for her to hide it (especially since she didn’t pose as the Princess)

25. KTVB October 2, 2009 at 7:05 am #

heheh that’s so cute!! haha you revealed Minako’s true nature too soon XD