#23 Hotaru’s Big Gamble

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #23 Hotaru's Big Gamble featuring Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn, Chibiusa/Sailor Chibimoon and Daimon

Narrator: In order to save the Sailor Senshi, Hotaru must win the Daimon in a game of ‘Old Maid’
Hotaru (thinking): Which one is the joker and which is the Ace of Hearts..?
[[Hotaru is holding an Ace card in her hand]]

Chibiusa: Hotaru-chan, you can do it! We believe in you!
Hotaru (thinking): This will decide everyone’s fate…here goes..

[[Hotaru draws a Joker]]
Hotaru: *devastated* Joo..okkerr??

[[Chibiusa throws a chair at the Daimon's head]]
Chibiusa: Die, you cheater! With everyone believing in Hotaru, how can she possibly pick the Joker?
Daimon: I didn’t do anything!

93 Responses to “#23 Hotaru’s Big Gamble”

1. Mamo-chan September 7, 2009 at 7:36 am #

I loved that episode! She shouldn’t have underestimated Chibiusa and Hotaru 8-)

One of my favorites so far, great job!

2. James September 6, 2009 at 4:17 pm #

XD Utterly BRILLIANT! That’s just how Chibiusa would react too!

3. kressa September 6, 2009 at 4:11 am #

panel 01 looks creepy and panel 04 is the best. her face looks hilarious lmao

4. sir_seagill September 5, 2009 at 10:05 pm #

wonder why she didn’t cheat in that one – it’s so easy to cheat. :p

• Chibi Jennifer September 6, 2009 at 8:12 am #

ahaha yesh! That’s the weird-funny thing XD
      She obviously cheated in the other games against the senshi (and they were all done obviously, too) XD

5. ChaosInuYasha September 5, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

God I’m going to have to find a way to get the DVDs so I can rewatch this series. Even if it is in Japanese with english subs.

6. Purenightshade September 5, 2009 at 10:40 am #

You had to explain the rules of old Maid? I thought everyone knew that game.

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 7:06 pm #

hmmm..yeh, quite a few people have told me they don’t know the game.. maybe they know it under a different name.

7. Lady Aino September 5, 2009 at 7:53 am #

Hilarious stuff, thanks Chibi Jenn!

I love the Daimon Uikasaman. She was quite powerful to have the ability to create dimensional warps at will(proof that Tomoe should add more to that oven…). However, like all powerful beings, they’re just interested in the most simple things. In her case, playing games(cheating is more like it).

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:49 am #

Thanks ^^
      Uikasaman was so amusing to watch.. I love drawing her XD XD This is the second time I’ve drawn her lol.

And I agree, she was powerful.. why didn’t Mimete throw more stuff together and only for one episode? I guess she got scared and ran away, lol.

I didn’t understand why the daimon didn’t really cheat on the last game? I mean she obviously blew-up chess pieces and stuff, it’s not like she was trying to hide the fact she cheated ^^;; Especially when she had her two final cards faced down, she could have easily changed whatever card Hotaru picked.

• Lady Aino September 6, 2009 at 1:48 pm #

:D lol Mimet is like that, easily freaked out. Unless she commits cold blooded murder out of a grudge…*cough* Eugeal *cough*

Very true, but the episode had to progress. In favor of the good guys. ;) I’m glad plot devices were in Hotaru’s favor for that scene, as it was so cute watching her smiling face upon picking the right card. :love:

• Time Sage September 7, 2009 at 9:30 am #

She did cheat at this one. Sorta. She knew which card was which when she placed them face down (She marked the corner) and tried to Bully Hotaru into picking the Joker.

• Chibi Jennifer September 7, 2009 at 10:31 am #

Yeh she did cheat but it was not exactly 100% fail-proof. Ultimately, it was still up to Hotaru to pick which ever she wanted.

8. Chase's Eye September 5, 2009 at 7:52 am #

Heh, that was humorous! Thanks for the laughs!

9. ydkmn September 5, 2009 at 7:50 am #

lol poor hotaru-chan
    ahhahah

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:45 am #

^^; Hotaru is devastated. I blame the senshi for the pressure!! They kept saying “We believe in youuu” XD
      I would be soooo nervous if my friends’ life depending on me picking the right card!

10. Kitteh Kou September 5, 2009 at 7:50 am #

i thought it was funny:)
    I just havent seen the episode haha

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:43 am #

aw really? It’s quite a funny filler episode ^_^ You should watch it sometime if you can..it’s episode 118 :)

11. Sailor Titan September 5, 2009 at 7:49 am #

I….think it would help me understand this comic if I knew how to play Old Maid. and…if I remembered that episode ^^;;

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:41 am #

whoops! I should have put a bit of explanation there. *insert explanation* ^^;

• Sailor Titan September 5, 2009 at 8:04 pm #

Really, it’s pretty pathetic that I don’t know how to play “old maid.”

12. Jumpyham September 5, 2009 at 6:40 am #

Yeays! Hotoru’s my favorite! ^.^
    THAT CHEATER! XD
    Is it just me or has your art style changed ever-so slightly? Awesome job as usual!

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:40 am #

Thanks ^.^

It’s funny how the senshi actually trust the daimon to let them free if they win. lol, she’s been cheating her way through the whole time.

And… I’m not sure if my style has changed or not ^^;; I think it’s hard for me to tell. Maybe..? XD

13. Jacky September 4, 2009 at 9:22 pm #

lol the 4th frame is so funny! i love it when bad guys are mocked by the good guys =P

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:38 am #

lol, thanks XD Daimon got owned pretty bad. She’s innocent. XD

14. Rami September 4, 2009 at 7:07 pm #

I remember this episode! It was one of my favorites from that season. X3

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:37 am #

Seems like this episode sure is a popular one :D

15. sailor moon fantic September 4, 2009 at 4:49 pm #

omg hahahaha funny. i was recently watcing this ep haha. i luv it how u actually get ur facts straight and everything is accurate compared to the show. i check ur site every friday so please keep up the gd wrk!

• Chibi Jennifer September 5, 2009 at 8:37 am #

Thank you for visiting ^_^!

I don’t mind rewatching the episodes again, it’s quite enjoyable :D

16. CyCyN September 4, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

HAHHAHA!!! Seems everyone loves this daimon, so do I!! And yeah, I’ve always wondered what would happen if she had failed, but you just cleared that up. HAha!!! Awesome as always.

17. yourhighness September 4, 2009 at 12:13 pm #

I’ve sent a link to these comics to about 38523899 people. HILARIOUS. XD Thank you so much.

18. Brad September 4, 2009 at 9:51 am #

Haha. This was my favourite Daimon!!!

Loved the joke. Great piss take on anime logic that believing in someone maes anything possible.

• Chibi Jennifer September 4, 2009 at 1:25 pm #

Thanks Brad!! Yesh, she was one awesome Daimon! ^____^
      Good to know you dig this joke XD

19. Kawaii Silence September 4, 2009 at 9:15 am #

Yay, Hotaru-chan!! <3 This is one of my favorite episodes, Hotaru-Chibiusa friendship is probably my favorite. Speaking of episodes, the Moonsticks you base on episodes are really accurate. I'm positive Hotaru was holding the Ace of Spades before she was picking the cards… I think, seriously though I need to stop watching S so much. ^.^ Great work on another comic, keep up the great work!

• Chibi Jennifer September 4, 2009 at 1:24 pm #

hehe thanks Kawaii SIlence :D!

And wow… you actually remember Hotaru was holding the ace of spades??? XD I cheated and rewatched the episode to refresh my memory 8D

• Kawaii Silence September 4, 2009 at 2:04 pm #

I didn’t remember until I saw the comic and was like ‘yeah that was what she was holding’. Yeah, like I said I’ve watched Super way too much, and even more then just watching my favorite episodes of that season. (and any with Hotaru rock, as for any of the other outer senshi. ;]) Hey, at least you bothered to re-watch it to get everything strait. If I ever did comics or fan stuff I wouldn’t bother and just take a wild guess at it.

20. chiibiusa September 4, 2009 at 9:03 am #

XD this is awesome! i really love all your of the Moonsticks ♥

21. Jon Jon September 4, 2009 at 9:02 am #

hahaha I always wondered about the “if she failed scenario”. XD

• Chibi Jennifer September 4, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

lol yesh. XD
      What if the senshi did all just die in there? O_O They would have taken down the messiah too!

• Jon Jon September 5, 2009 at 7:49 am #

In all honesty…I think Hotaru would have fainted…and then she would have went “messiah” mode and went like “Noooo…I won’t allow this” ::crazy glowy eyes and rips down the entire dimension:: XD

22. Pokota September 4, 2009 at 8:24 am #

Though the only really “pointless” daimon, one still has to feel sorry for hir here…

• Chibi Jennifer September 4, 2009 at 1:18 pm #

Loved this daimon <3

XD She looks so funny you can’t even take her seriously.

23. Sailor Sun September 4, 2009 at 8:09 am #

HEHEHE
    Really fanny I love it^^

I like this little Chibiusa in the last frame^^ and Hotaru’s mouth is sooo big in the 3rd frame hehehe so funny 8D

Yea, in Sailor Soon when you trust someone, he MUST win -_-;

• Chibi Jennifer September 4, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

Thank youu :D! hehee..it’s true! Believe and everything will be ok :D

24. KTVB September 4, 2009 at 7:15 am #

LOL!!!! Hilarious!! YAY! More Hotaru!!

I loved this episode heaps too

haha funny how you had her pull out a joker XD

• Chibi Jennifer September 4, 2009 at 1:15 pm #

YAY, thanks! This was one of the more memorable episodes of Super for me ^^ Proof filler episodes can be very entertaining 8D

25. Sailor Gold Rabbit September 4, 2009 at 7:11 am #

It took me a little while to get this one, but when I did get it, I burst out laughing! XD Awesome job, as usual!

• Chibi Jennifer September 4, 2009 at 1:09 pm #