#17 Sailor Moon’s Power-Up!

MoonSticks Sailor Moon Comic/Doujinshi #17 - Sailor Moon's Power-Up! featuring Sailor Moon, Super Sailor Moon, Eternal Sailor Moon and Special Eternal Queen Sailor Moon

[[Sailor Moon is standing there happily posing.]]

[[Super Sailor Moon is standing there posing with a smile.]]

[[Eternal Sailor Moon is posing but slightly unstable and wobbling]]

[[Over-the-top-super-crazy Sailor Moon powered up fallen to a side]]
Sailor Moon: Can’t.. move

207 Responses to “#17 Sailor Moon’s Power-Up!”

1. crescentdiamond July 17, 2009 at 11:47 pm #

The only thing I hated about Eternal Sailor Moon was the puffy pink sleeve things and the lack of a tiara.

I was like OMG no more “Moon Tiara Action”?! But… Then I seen that episode were Usagi throws the pizza dough at the phage. I died laughing at that. XD

• Chibi Jennifer July 18, 2009 at 9:22 am #

ahahaha yes! That was really funny! It was nice they put that in actually =)

Since she powers up, it doesn’t make sense that her attack was taken away and replaced with decoration. They should’ve given her a super tiara attack!

• Travis July 18, 2009 at 6:57 pm #

The one thing that bugged me about Sailor Moon’s power ups were that she always was unable to use old attacks, which kind of made her the weakest in a way since all the others could use their attacks through out the entire series. Like Mars used ‘Fire Soul’ for all five seasons, while Sailor Moon was never able too use ‘Moon Sprial Heart Attack’ ever again :( kind of sad.

• Chibi Jennifer July 19, 2009 at 12:32 am #

Yup, cause the various attacks could be quite useful, as can be seen when the other senshi use earlier attacks to aid them, like Mercury’s bubbles. I was sad Eternal lost her tiara :( That’s one less attack!

• TimeSage September 3, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

By the point she loses it though, the attack had been proven to be utterly useless. It only popped up once 20 episodes as a distraction to cut what the other senshi are caught in. Her loosing was anything but detrimental. And technically, she lost 3 attacks. In the anime she also used it for Moon Tiara Stardust and in the manga, Moon Twilight Flash, both of which were only used once.

2. mw July 17, 2009 at 9:13 pm #

It’s super (saiyan) 4 sailormoon!~ :D

3. KTVB July 17, 2009 at 8:38 pm #

LOL!!! The last shot is hilarious XD such decorations and HEAVY old looking wings XD

• Chibi Jennifer July 18, 2009 at 9:20 am #

haha yay :D The wings didn’t seem to be supporting Sailor Moon, and since they’re so large I just get the impression it would be quite heavy. XD

4. DREWdesu July 17, 2009 at 8:07 pm #

poor Usagi-chan…

5. Jacky July 17, 2009 at 6:25 pm #

lol this is awsome! its like goku turning into super saiyan 1,2,3…

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 8:31 pm #

lol, yes. Except after Super Saiyan 3 they had to be more creative and give Goku make-up and reverted hair back to black cause it was already way too bizarre XD

6. James July 17, 2009 at 5:13 pm #

ahahaha brilliant.

7. CyCyN July 17, 2009 at 4:21 pm #

I looked at the last panel really fast and thought it was the Princess Sailor Moon suit, but… Ohhhh, it was SO MUCH BETTER!!! HAHAhahhahahaha!! Love the expressions too!

Excellent and Adorable as always. :3

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 8:24 pm #

Thanks Cyncyn!
      yeah, those fluffy shoulder pads look like Princess Sailor Moons aye? XD

8. Miss Breeziness July 17, 2009 at 3:19 pm #

Yeah, Sailor Moon’s next power-up will probably look like that! :D

I’ve read a webcomic where Sailor Moon turned into her eternal form, and Luna commented: “The tackiness of your outfit is directly related to the Silver Crystal’s output”. I totally agreed.

9. xSerenityx July 17, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

LOLOLOLOL!!! I love this!!

The ESM outfit always bugged me. Her skirt looks like the flag of Belgium. No joke. Image search on google for ‘flag of belgium’ and you’ll see what I mean.

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 3:20 pm #

*searched up flag of Belgium* =O

XD You have a point! lol, but at least the end of it is blue and not black ^.^

10. chibi_5 ^-^ July 17, 2009 at 3:01 pm #

hahahahah this is awesome!!! your web and webcomics are adorible!! quick question, what outfit is teh last square from ^.^ out of curiosity ;p

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

lol..umm..it just came from my head. XD XD XD I name her “Special Eternal Queen Sailor Moon”

11. ♫Rawr. July 17, 2009 at 3:00 pm #

LOL! I love how her expression changes in each panel little by little!

12. ♣ liaa; ♣ July 17, 2009 at 2:05 pm #

Ahahaha, this is so cute! ;)

13. angelinamoon July 17, 2009 at 2:05 pm #

I.LOVE.MOONSTICKS. so much.

14. Mark // まー July 17, 2009 at 12:27 pm #

LOL. It’s funny cause it’s true.

Probably one of my favourite episodes of Stars is the one where she knocks everything over with her gigantic ass wings.

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 2:57 pm #

Oh I loved that too XD. So funny that it’s so impractical!

15. purpleparadox July 17, 2009 at 12:23 pm #

ah man, i really enjoy MoonSticks! :D thanks for drawing it and sharing it with everyone!

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

I’m glad you do! :D Thanks for such positive comments!

16. CNCPhotography July 17, 2009 at 12:23 pm #

that’s the kind of power-up i have when trying to get out of bed!

17. Lady Aino July 17, 2009 at 11:53 am #

Better than the newspaper funnies, it’s Chibi Jennifer with another Moonstick!

XD Sailor Moon’s fuku just gets more and more elaborate. lol I always loved the Eternal Sailor Moon fuku though. Looks much better in R2 quality, not to mention the manga. I didn’t like Super Sailor Moon that much, since the bow is much smaller than Holy Grail Sailor Moon’s. Longer bow = more lovely.

Thanks Jenn! I enjoyed it! Moar please!

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 2:41 pm #

hehe..thank you! You’re so sweet.

I just assumed Super Sailor Moon (from Holy Grail), and Super Sailor Moon (from Pegasus) was the same-ish..since they were both referred to as “Super Sailor Moon” I think. The outfit is very similar, except SuperS Sailor Moon’s outfit just didn’t look as WOW as the holy grail..which was shiny and had the gradient skirt. I liked the Holy Grail one too :)

• Lady Aino July 22, 2009 at 6:05 pm #

Why thank you Jenn.

Yeah, you didn’t have to waste many panels to be specific. lolz. But yeah, I consider Holy Grail and Super to be two different transformations, since they come from two different sources of power.

:D Makes me wonder if Chibiusa used the Grail (which she does in Another Story…). Because of her height, she’d be dragging that thing across the floor. ;) Could make a nice Moonstick funny for fans who know the deal with the Super fukus.

• TimeSage September 3, 2009 at 2:43 pm #

She uses the grail in the manga too. They each have their own.

18. loanmuba July 17, 2009 at 10:28 am #

this one made me laugh, real funny. all things comes with sailor moon, i grew to love. at beginning i hated ESM outfit, her henshin and attack, i thought it sucked. now i love everything about ESM, its really pretty. SuperS is downgrade, IDK why.

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

haha same.. I actually didn’t like Eternal Outfit very much at first, especially those 2 big pink puffy balls on her shoulders..but now I don’t mind it XD

19. Ochiba July 17, 2009 at 10:21 am #

I always wondered about ESM wings…I mean they are pretty much useless, she can’t even fly with them …>.> What a waste of space haha!

• Scandia Dream July 17, 2009 at 10:27 am #

I agree. But the wings are not my main problem. I think it would be the changed color scheme. No more USA in the Usagi.

• TimeSage September 3, 2009 at 2:42 pm #

… You do realize that the USA in Usagi had nothing to do with the color sheme. Her outfit is the “Normal” School Girls colors. And that Usagi means rabbit. Rabbit of the moon….

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 2:30 pm #

She did fly once in the beginning of Sailor Stars, but her wings didn’t move so..it probably was only for decoration XD

• ainobethie September 19, 2009 at 4:46 am #

they actually had functionality in the manga. otherwise in the anime, it’s only useful in knocking over the dishes in the Tsukino household like in that Moon Tiara Pizza episode. XD

• Chibi Jennifer September 19, 2009 at 8:08 am #

Oh yeah, that’s right…she does fly a lot more in the manga!

• TimeSage October 17, 2009 at 8:08 pm #

But she has angel wings during that time. As do Kakyuu and the Starlights. No Eteenral wings here. Honestly, those things are attached at her waist only. There is no way they could suppor her without ripping off the costume.

20. jo_fitz July 17, 2009 at 10:20 am #

This is why Super is the best Fuku.

21. Purenightshade July 17, 2009 at 9:03 am #

That’s perfect. absolutely perfect.

22. Brad July 17, 2009 at 8:49 am #

Nice one. I always look forward to these every Friday!

• Brad July 17, 2009 at 8:50 am #

btw, I can’t believe you’re up to 17 already!!! CONGRATS!

• Chibi Jennifer July 17, 2009 at 2:22 pm #

Thanks! :D Yeah..it’s been 4 months already!

• Sailor Sun July 18, 2009 at 8:24 pm #

I wanted to say the same thing..
        I can’t believe it either..
        That’s great^^

• Chibi Jennifer July 19, 2009 at 12:30 am #

Thanks :) It’s been good to see you following weekly too =D

23. Travis July 17, 2009 at 7:49 am #

Haha you made it just perfect! I love it! Way to go!

24. stupendous July 17, 2009 at 7:33 am #

Haha oh god I laughed so hard at this, and it made me think that maybe magical girl shows are where I got my gaudy, frilly taste in fashion…

25. raekuul July 17, 2009 at 7:11 am #

Someone should show this to the Fushigiboshi no Futagohime. It might keep them from overloading on Ermine Cape Effect and Frilly Frills of Justice.